Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (69994 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:
You must be joking with me right now cheesy Wow: see who I’m arguing with. I’m wowed. grin for a minute I thought I was talking with someone who knew what they were on about.

Please Nairalanders in the USA. Where are they selling whole houses cash for $2,000?

I need like 50 houses. Wow. I’m stunned.

Okay let me educate you. A decent house with 3-4 bedrooms in a decent area costs around 250-300 in the average state. Nothing luxurious. Just a good house with decent backyard space. If you’re in Florida, you might get a small swimming pool included in a 300k house. Don’t think about it if you’re in California, Seattle city or New York. I’m a Seattle baby.

If you have 60k for example, with good credit history and good job that pays no less than $3,000 monthly (ideally should be earning more in order to comfortably afford a house), you can find a bank that will give you a loan and you pay down payment of 10% which is $30k for a house that costs 300k. Then you pay monthly mortgage until you pay it off or sell it to another buyer (May or may not make profit) but you get your down payment and most of the money you put into the house back. You might lose money if the market is crashing but I digress.

With 60k you can get like two of such houses and then when you collect rent, you pay the bank their mortgage and then take the profit. Say your mortgage is $1,800 a month and you’re charging your tenant $2,300 for rent, you only make $500 in profit. Multiply by two and you’re making $1000 in profit. This is a very decent profit for an establish person with another source of income.

As a new immigrant with no history and no job, let’s say a bank magical agrees with give you a loan for a house or houses (which they won’t) , without another source of income, he can’t get by.

In summary, 60k is good money in the hands of someone who isn’t going to be dependent on it for day to day living. That way they can invest it and make profit. If he doesn’t get a job ASAP, the money will be gone in the wind by the time he’s done with his expenses. Even as a single person without family .

ahn ahn look at this geh ( as i open mouth llike brodda shaggi ), oya click that link now https://www.estately.com/blog/2013/11/10-detroit-houses-you-can-buy-for-less-than-1000/
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by IceColdVeins(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
German student visa isn't as it used to be anymore bro.
frankmoney:
Try Germany ... At least you don't need to be burdened with tuition fees . And 5M is enough for block account . You will get a job there and save your money
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
gwinaB:
If you can, please go to the US, school or work there. People who have more than that amount with greater opportunities in Nigeria have packed and left Nigeria since. Investing in Nigeria is like high risk gambling. However, if you know of a product or service that is highly needed, you can try and invest in it with as little as possible and a maximum not exceeding 5million naira.
Finally somebody that really understands wats going on in naija
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Daewang: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
useni1:
espace a country where people who are billionaires today started a business with less than 300k. Tell me any Nigerian who is a naira billionaire abroad? Guy grow up so you dont regret your future

Do your so called billionaires enjoy the same liberty, standard of living, security, aesthetics and psychological well being that the average Joe enjoys abroad? One day the government may sabotage your business, arrest you or assassinate you like former Chief of Defence Staff Alex Badeh(one of your so called big men).

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lol. Forgive me for arguing with you. grin
orunmila144:
are you seriously asking how he wants to buy house and collect rent ? all these indians who come from india with 50,000 dollars in their hand go to michigan and on the first day they buy up a whole street with cash. now indians nearly own all of michigan. if you havve cash they will sell house for you cash down in america whhether you have papers or not. those houses in detroit are selling for 2000 each but you can rent them out and get 500 dollars a month in rent. there are many partsof america where you can buy a whole house for less than 2000 dollars. you do know that now dont you ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is your source? Not even that you’ve actually lived and bought a house in USA?

Like I said again. Forgive me cheesy
orunmila144:
ahn ahn look at this geh ( as i open mouth llike brodda shaggi ), oya click that link now https://www.estately.com/blog/2013/11/10-detroit-houses-you-can-buy-for-less-than-1000/
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
bdon123:

I totally agree Uk is hard.stay away and dont study in uk.las las education there na scam...na to pocket ur money there they want
exactly. the place is living on past glory. weather is depressing, the houuse looks depressing ( red bricks and box shaped ), the people look depressed, the food is shit, their wage scale is shit, they tax you to death, to watch your own TV in your own house they will send police to hunt you down if you dont pay tax to watch your own TV that you bought with your own money. which kind wahala be dat ? nazi country grin grin

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by frankmoney(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
IceColdVeins:
German student visa isn't as it used to be anymore bro.
no Visa is actually easy anymore ... Except it's tourist visa to dubai
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:
This is your source? Not even that you’ve actually lived and bought a house in USA?

Like I said again. Forgive me cheesy
no this is my source for you now we are bothh not in the same vicinity and i cant physically show you proof or bring you people who have done it. and i can pull up 1000 of these articles for you if you want
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ToksTvDealer(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Guy man smiley
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by MariamAlheri: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Divide the money into three parts.

Invest one part in buying shares of strong, reliable companies like Mtn, Nigerian Breweries, AIICO, DangFlour, UBA, Zenith bank etc.

Invest the second part in real estate, buying prime lands in choice locations that will appreciate speedily and give you almost 200% ROI within 18months. (DM me for cool real estate deals, 50% discount currently available).

And then invest the third part in relocating to the US.

All the best, Poster.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:
Lol. Forgive me for arguing with you. grin
forgive yourself lmao. for your information i have lived in several states in america in the past. that counntry as a whole is an overrated piece of crap. you work and then you die. thats all the USA is good for grin
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by oaugraduate1234(m): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
My brother, stay and invest into a profitable business in Nigeria here
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
forgive yourself lmao. for your information i have lived in several states in america in the past. that counntry as a whole is an overrated piece of crap. you work and then you die. thats all the USA is good for grin
Only you. Jumping from Europe to several states USA.
What’s pursuing you?
How many $2,000 houses did you buy? grin
And who said it’s paradise? I mean your Imaginary experience must have sucked big time if you think a living person should buy a $2,000 house and put another human in it. Is that the cost of the land or the cost of the total overhaul that would need to be done for such a place to even be habitable.

If you didn’t make it in any of those several places that you were running around in, it’s probably too late for you now. Mouth organ cheesy

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NothingDoMe: 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds, there is NO reliable travel agent as regards getting a US visa. I have seen too many people waste money to the tune of almost half a million for US visas.

Even before the travel ban it has been bloody at the US Embassy. Chances are slimmer without travel history. Lots of our people who travelled and didn't return made it difficult for many in Nigeria.

If you still want to apply visit the travel section and learn how to do it yourself. It is less painful to loose your application fee than to loose both application and agent fee.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by djon78(m): 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
useni1:
espace a country where people who are billionaires today started a business with less than 300k. Tell me any Nigerian who is a naira billionaire abroad? Guy grow up so you dont regret your future

That's what most of them don't understand. How many Nigerians in the US are worth $1 million. Not even the highest paid consultant medical doctors. But over here in naija, we have thousands of dollars millionaires.

I get angry when people bad mouth everything about here, no hope. Like it will remain like that forever, like things won't change?
Maximum in 3 years time Buhari will be history and we will get our country back.

Pessimism is a very bad thing. In fact you won't see when goods are coming your way.

That's how one big manager in an oil and gas firm in Nigeria I know resigned and relocated to Canada. Today he is just surviving, be calling his ogas to dash him money. Like $1000. These where less than money he was making here from side deals.

It's only those with short sight don't see opportunities here. It's not easy, but there is a way. Even abroad you want run go, you think it's easy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Lalaska(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
How did you get the money?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by realoscar84(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
Come to Abuja, bwari area precisely, understudy poultry farming at my friend farm for one month and buy land and establish ur own modern poultry farm and in 2 years time or less, you will double That millions. At 25, age is on ur side, build something worthwhile here at home before taking the Yankee route, so that you dont end up with all ur eggs in a basket. Poultry farming is stressful but with ur good capital n mentorship and loyal cheap labor here, you will do well. If you are interested, quote this n I will drop my whatsapp number.

Brodapounds:
Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

Only you. Jumping from Europe to several states USA.
What’s pursuing you?
How many $2,000 houses did you buy? grin
And who said it’s paradise?

If you didn’t make it in any of those several places that you were running around in, it’s probably too Kate for you now. Mouth organ cheesy
hehe lets justs say in my younger days i was somewhat of an ajala the traveller. yes i have lived in several states in the USA and in the UK and have the passports and state ID and drivers license of the states to prove it. what was pursuing me ? just like everybody else i was running around looking for heaven thinking it is abroad and i couldnt find it abroad, and then one day it dawned on me that i had heaven all this time but i did not appreciate it. and so i returned to my heaven aka naija and life has been great ever since. everything you enjoy there i enjoy here, 24 7 internet too. spectranet. life is good. naija is home.
my myself ? i know several people who went to detroit and bought whole streets. my egbon and his friends were doing it but me myself ? i just didnt see a future for myself in america so i just was there studying after which i stayed around for a couple of years and then the first chance i got to japa out of the place i took it grin

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 12:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
the funny part of this story is that all the nigerians on this thread now who are stuck in the UK if you gave them 20 million naira which is about 45 thousand pounds in cash, all of them will book a ticket right now and return back to naija LMAO. THATS THE FUNNY PART OF THIS THREAD
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by majormofor(m): 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
Why America Why not Germany, Canada?

Go sch and den work after sch den get Blue card/PR n the rest dey say is history... Using that money in Nigeria is risk if u are planning on using it for business..... If you can hustle In Nigeria.. Canada will be shit if ur legally in dere
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Good for you. But stop lying about the $2,000 houses. grin. Because you read something on the internet does not make it true.
Even a $100k house will need a lot of work for it to be decent. Unless it’s a town house aka half of a house. Even then.

Now it’s not Indians. It’s your guys. Okay na.
orunmila144:
hehe lets justs say in my younger days i was somewhat of an ajala the traveller. yes i have lived in several states in the USA and in the UK and have the passports and state ID and drivers license of the states to prove it. what was pursuing me ? just like everybody else i was running around looking for heaven thinking it is abroad and i couldnt find it abroad, and then one day it dawned on me that i had heaven all this time but i did not appreciate it. and so i returned to my heaven aka naija and life has been great ever since. everything you enjoy there i enjoy here, 24 7 internet too. spectranet. life is good. naija is home.
my myself ? i know several people who went to detroit and bought whole streets. my egbon and his friends were doing it but me myself ? i just didnt see a future for myself in america so i just was there studying after which i stayed around for a couple of years and then the first chance i got to japa out of the place i took it grin
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
WUdec:
20m is 55,555 USD and 300,000 is 833.33 USD.

As a young man, you'd probably be thinking about the quickest way to double your money. Its not how much you have in your bank account now that should matter but how much you wanna have for yrs to come. So lets talk wealth and I will speak from what my life's experiences have taught me.

1) Take half of that money and put it in a foreign bank's savings account. There are loads eg Standard Chartered, Barclays, Citibank etc. I say "foreign" because your money would be easily accessible from any part of the country anytime in 4 yrs without stories.

2) invest in a degree course abroad, one that is very skill-based/ hands-on and not some shitty degree like business studies or PR. Something in IT, Engineering or Health. I would suggest you pick Europe because you would save a lot of money compared to the states. Holland is a good bet as its standards are very high and their employment/affiliation rate after graduation is very high. Most times you could get a job offer during your IT and sometimes a bidding war could go on btw companies if you are good eg Computer Engineering.
Upon graduation and securing a job, you annual salary begins at 50k to 60k euros plus benefits. If you choose to go to the US or canada, expect 80000 - 100000 upwards.

3) Note, by then your savings still exist in the bank, about 27k dollars.
With work, you can increase it to 50k to 60k after 1 yr.

4) this is your capital to make the right moves to make you wealthy. With that amount, you can choose to own or get into real estate, invest in foreign stocks and bonds, start up a business or own homes in capital cities in third world countries. You can even buy acres of land in poor countries and resell them to manufacturing or retail companies.

5) Save 15 percent of your income as you work for 5 yrs. And keep buying and reinvesting in things for your future.

6) Keep intelligent, hardworking and busy people around you all the time. Don't place your family (except you are married) on monthly salaries or constant financial help. Instead ask whoever it is what they really want to do for the rest of their life. Pay for them to acquire the skill then let them fly. When you constantly hand out money to family members, you are not helping them, you are just solving temporary problems and making them dependent on you. The day you stop giving, you become their enemy.
Nigerian families can destroy a man's future. Especially when it comes to excess financial responsibilities.

For example, you pay for someone's university up until graduation, the person graduates and has been unemployed for 5 yrs. What do you think that person will do next? Look for another financial help or another saviour. The Nigerian educational system breeds people to be dependent on men and not themselves. But imagine if I paid for a poor man to learn computer programming or welding for a yr. What do you think he would do when he graduates from his course. He would empower himself first by creating.

7. Read a lot of business and psychology books. Read biographies and watch a lot of business news

8. Invest in something and not someone....every yr

If you are poor in the 5th yr after trying all these, call me up so we could arrange where to meet so I could hit you with a hammer

Good luck!

Good advice, but how does he get citizenship after studies?

I know a lot of Nigerian's stuck in this phase.

There's a Nigerian lawyer I know in Europe , cleaning toilets because she couldn't secure a proper job.

She's running out of time, because they allow two years stay after studying.

Anyway everyone's luck is different, but it's more difficult than d picture you've painted here.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Bhorbymills1990: 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help

You don't really need to go to USA and start life all over again ..... with that kind of money ... Become a dropshipper and you can be touring all the countries you have always dream to go .. Dropshipping in Nigeria is a lot more cost effective than wholesale. Wholesale in Nigeria is costly as you need to bulk order products without knowing if you will sell all the stock you have received. With dropshipping you don’t need to place an order with your supplier until a customer has placed an order with you.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NothingDoMe: 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:

I mean your Imaginary experience must have sucked big time if you think a living person should buy a $2,000 house and put another human in it. Is that the cost of the land or the cost of the total overhaul that would need to be done for such a place to even be habitable.
Orunmila144, if you click the house of $1,000 in the link you'll see the full price. That $1,000 you see there is a monthly mortgage price after paying a certain amount.

Let's face facts America is way better than Nigeria. That's just the simple truth. Trying to compare both will only expose Nigeria to ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
cococandy:
Good for you. But stop lying about the $2,000 houses. grin. Because you read something on the internet does not make it true.
Even a $100k house will need a lot of work for it to be decent. Unless it’s a town house aka half of a house. Even then.

Now it’s not Indians. It’s your guys. Okay na.
Its indians that do it the most but a few naija guys including my brother did it too but its indians who have this mindset of owning whole streets. they do it in england too up north. they go to areas that are rundown where they are selling houses for like 5,000 pounds each and all the area has been deserted due to the factory that was sustaining the whole areas employment closing down ( all factory jobs have been shipped for cheaper labor to chinna ) and so now you have many deserted ghost towns with whole streets of empty houses and the hhouses are now sold for like 5000 pounds or less each and these indians just come in with like say 100,000 pounds and buy a whole street that has 20 houses on it. now they own the whole street. they will revamp the street and put all their inndian people in their to live who will pay them rent. once they do it to all the streets in the deserted town, you come to that town in 2 years town and it has turned into a thriving indian neighborhood lmao. this is how these indians operate. they own damn near all of michigan now and many towns in northern england grin
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
NothingDoMe:
Orunmila144, if you click the house of $1,000 in the link you'll see the full price. That $1,000 you see there is a monthly mortgage price after paying a certain amount.

Let's face facts America is way better than Nigeria. That's just the simple truth. Trying to compare both will only expose Nigeria to ridicule.

nah brah there are many places where you can legit buy a house for less than 1000 dollars in the USA. as for america being better than Nigeria thats a blanket statement. it depends on the person. a homeless man in america has a better life than a man living in a huge mansion in banana island is what you are trying to tell me ? people have different circumstances in whatever part of the world they are living. blanket statements dont work for this type of topics
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by NothingDoMe: 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
orunmila144:
nah brah there are many places where you can legit buy a house for less than 1000 dollars in the USA. as for america being better than Nigeria thats a blanket statement. it depends on the person. a homeless man in america has a better life than a man living in a huge mansion in banana island is what you are trying to tell me ? people have different circumstances in whatever part of the world they are living. blanket statements dont work for this type of topics
Did you click the house in the link you provided?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by orunmila144: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
NothingDoMe:
Did you click the house in the link you provided?
i didnt have to. i have seen these things happen first hand in person. if the link was wrong i can supply a right one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWh2SBglrXI
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by brize(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
sheDD:
pls op not to derail this thread. But me and Brize wish to know how were you able to amount such amount like this.
What was your ace in this hole? What biz did you do??
Pls share your insights.
**Back to the topic"**

Nairaland wise elders will put you through
Cheers
The guy said he is not replying any quote.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.