Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48019 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

No,a fresh elections should have been called with apc not partaking as a worse case scenario.in 2015,the appeal court removed two apc senators in kogi and ordered a fresh polls with apc excluded.in 2016 umeh got a judgment which excluded pdp and a fresh elections was ordered in obedience to section 140 of the electoral act.this year during the rerun polls of january,apc was excluded from a rerun in niger state for not validly nominating a candidate
The SC has no power to declare a re-run or call for fresh elections, unless it has originated from a lower court...Oga
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

This chest-beating is unprecedented.
So that's what is in all of this for you....chai
You can contest that with your fellow partisan folks.

I have crossed that level, you hear?
Its only natural to sometimes gloat na,is it easy.when i was talking about imo,you were laughing at me.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

The SC has no power to declare a re-run or call for fresh elections, unless it has originated from a lower court...Oga
So the bayelsa case suddenly started from the supreme court
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Was falana right or not?
That's for the Justices to decide.

So many have said the SC was wrong on Imo....so many SANs, does that make the SC decision null and void?

Was this point raised by Degi's lawyers?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

That's for the Justices to decide.

So many have said the SC was wrong on Imo....so many SANs, does that make the SC decision null and void?
The law supports the imo judgment but does jot support that of bayelsa,its that simple
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

So the bayelsa case suddenly started from the supreme court
Has a lower court nullified the election or called for a re-run?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

The law supports the imo judgment but does jot support that of bayelsa,its that simple
I understand........ grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Same thing happened in those states i mentioned,even in zamfara the right thing to do is to order a rerun
no.
in Anambra the election was in dispute.
In 2015, Uche Ekwunife was declared winner of the Anambra Central Senatorial Election after she contested the election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and her opponent, Chief Victor Umeh of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, headed to the tribunal. Umeh had contended among other things that 1. Ekwunife did not win the election, and that 2. she was not also validly nominated by her party to run for the position.

Anambra was two cases.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Its only natural to sometimes gloat na,is it easy.when i was talking about imo,you were laughing at me.
Don't doublespeak...
I am still laughing until now.....don't forget, you were for Uche Nwosu (neck-in-deep, hope you won't deny that).

I don't gloat over partisan issues....did I call you out when your Uche Nwosu was adjudged to be the candidate of two parties and subsequently disqualified? No

Am I calling you out now?NO..

Because am acquiring knowledge, and I am loving it.

Yours might be for gloating rights, not for me.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by hush15: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2020
wwwihy:

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/22/bayelsa-election-falana-says-supreme-court-is-wrong-lacks-jurisdiction/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Without sentiments, even if the case was treated as a pre election matter, since they are convinced that the records of the deputy governor elect was questionable, they disqualify the duo and since the election is dusted and concluded, it's still amount to the same thing, loosing. The outcome was inevitable cos at the end of the day, PDP will still have their day

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I understand........ grin grin grin grin
Good(though you dont).the law allows a court to disqualify a candidate not validly nominated but civil laws does not state what should follow.the electoral act clearly provides the next step and i feel the apex court should have averted themselves to that act
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2020
hush15:

Without sentiments, even if the case was treated as a pre election matter, since they are convinced that the records of the deputy governor elect was questionable, they disqualify the duo and since the election is dusted and concluded, it's still amount to the same thing, loosing. The outcome was inevitable cos at the end of the day, PDP will still have their day
They must call for a rerun
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:07am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Good(though you dont).the law allows a court to disqualify a candidate not validly nominated but civil laws does not state what should follow.the electoral act clearly provides the next step and i feel the apex court should have averted themselves to that act
I need not understand a partisan fellow at who only understands issues from a biased perspective.
Nah....am not cut out for that...

What does Section 187(1) and (2) state?

Was this case brought as a civil case under 364 of the Penal code?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Don't doublespeak...
I am still laughing until now.....don't forget, you were for Uche Nwosu (neck-in-deep, hope you won't deny that).

I don't gloat over partisan issues....did I call you out when your Uche Nwosu was adjudged to be the candidate of two parties and subsequently disqualified? No

Am I calling you out now?NO..

Because am acquiring knowledge, and I am loving it.

Yours might be for gloating rights, not for me.

I am for anything but ihedioha.you failed to agree that ihedioha didnt make the two third but when he was disqualified,you chameleonically(apologies to ejembi psc) claimed ihedioha now meets it with nwosu out.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

They must call for a rerun
Does the SC have the power to call for a re-run or nullify an election, if it didn't originate from a lower court?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by adelaja70(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2020
Oceanblaze:
Femi falana,shut up your smelling teeth...mum old man who corrupt reach u....monkey
IF you are not a bastard you should know Falana is old enough to be your grandfather... Epe la pa o....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I need r can understand a partisan fellow at Who only understands issues from a biased perspective.
Nah....am not cut out for that...

What does Section 187(1) and (2) state?

Was this case brought as a civil case under 364 of the Penal code?
Help interpret what those sections specify
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I am for anything but ihedioha.you failed to agree that ihedioha didnt make the two third but when he was disqualified,you chameleonically(apologies to ejembi psc) claimed ihedioha now meets it with nwosu out.
Hahahahahahaha.....please where and how did I apologise to Ejembi?
Did Ejembi read the lead judgement?
And you said....you were for anything against Ihedioha....

Please, I hope you don't lie..
Let me not be judgemental.

You want to let us move the train to trading words and you know I don't do that....David.
I can't trade words with you.....stay on topic.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Help interpret what those sections specify
You know them, don't you...?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Does the SC have the lower to call for a re-run or nullify an election, if it didn't originate from a lower court?
The best thing was a rerun.why are you afraid of a rerun? Even in imo,you are still afraid
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You know them, don't you...?
Post what the state sir
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:14am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Post what the state sir
I thought you are a Justice Sir....it speaks of a joint ticket.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

The best thing was a rerun.why are you afraid of a rerun? Even in imo,you are still afraid
I don't think you have ever heard me comment about Imo SC judgement.
It's above my little judicial level just like that of Kogi.

I have told you that, there are certain levels I have crossed, you should know that, David.

If the tribunal attacks the election and it goes up and it's proven, the SC will definitely concur to their request.

I am happy, you are seeing the futility of your arguing the Bayelsa case and trying to drag us to Imo.
You should already know the kind of person I am by now.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:16am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha.....please where and how did I apologise to Ejembi?
Did Ejembi read the lead judgement?
And you said....you were for anything against Ihedioha....

Please, I hope you don't lie..
Let me not be judgemental.

You want to let us move the train to trading words and you know I don't do that....David.
I can't trade words with you.....stay on topic.

You forget too quickly
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

you can't order a rerun for election that is not in dispute. the court is not there to do what is best but to follow the law and precedent.

even if they ordered rerun in imo, APC will not have candidate because nwosu who is APC and AA candidate is disqualified because of double candidacy.

I don't know how Tanko and co came up with Hope as governor. that is why we need a review

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I don't think you have ever heard me comment about Imo.

It's above my little judicial level just like that of Kogi.

I have told you that, there are certain levels I have crossed, you should know that David.

If the tribunal attacks the election and it goes up and it's proven, the SC will definitely concur to their request.

I am happy, you are seeing the futility of your arguing the Bayelsa case and trying to drag us to Imo.
You should already know the kind of person I am by now.
I dont understand you honestly.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You forget too quickly
I thought Kekere-Ekun read the lead judgement for Imo

Kai

Please lostz ChristianNorth mushystuff, who read the lead judgement for Imo at the SC?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
you can't order a rerun for election that is not in dispute. the court is not there to do what is best but to follow the law and precedent
What does the law states in a pre election matter where someone is disqualified? Please quote the statue directly
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I thought Kekere-Ekun read the lead judgement for Imo

Kai
I was talking about bayelsa mr.stop tagging christiannorth,better you tag ejimatic or maybe kahal
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

What does the law states in a pre election matter where someone is disqualified? Please quote the statue directly
Section 187
“(1) In any election to which the foregoing provisions of this part of this Chapter relate, a candidate for the office of Governor of a State shall not be deemed to have been validly nominated for such office unless he nominates another candidate as his associate for his running for the office of Governor, who is to occupy the office of Deputy Governor; and that candidate shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of Deputy Governor if the candidate who nominated him is duly elected as Governor in accordance with the said provisions.

(2) The provisions of this Part of this Chapter relating to qualification for election, tenure of office, disqualifications, declaration of assets and liabilities and Oath of Governor shall apply in relation to the office of Deputy Governor as if references to Governor were references to Deputy Governor
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I thought you are a Justice Sir....it speaks of a joint ticket.
After disqualification,what next
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:22am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I was talking about bayelsa mr.stop tagging christiannorth,better you tag ejimatic or maybe kahal
Kahal has never made any statement on the Bayelsa issue.....I have followed him very well..he only comments on Imo. Ejimatic the other day said it the way it was and you were not alright....hahaha.
Hope you haven't forgotten?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And His Beautiful Wife Iara In Zambia (Photo) / Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot / US Reacts To Plateau Killings, Reveals What They Will Do With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.