Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition (743 Views)

Why Do Christian Men Uncover Their Head During Prayer. / Why Do Christian Hold All Night Prayers On Friday / Should A Christian Pray Imprecatory Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by topysean247: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2020
why do Christian's pray aggressively loudly and with words repetition and this is contrary to what Jesus Christ taught according to the Bible
Mathew 6:5-8

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
Matthew 6:5‭-‬8 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.6.5-8.NKJV

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Kekekenny(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2020
Even from the bible quotes..They won't hear..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by donprincebigt(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by dalass(f): 6:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Leave a man to pray anyway he likes. Na your prayer? Or you're God they're praying to?
What is your own?

Please face front.!

Naija situation self pass wetin you dey describe grin grin grin

Importunity made Jesus to say the same thing over and over in Gethsemane... Praying same thing until something happens.. Happy Sunday to all
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Emrixx(f): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2020
Prayer is a spiritual thing and i think whichever way one prays that's how they're been led,if a Muslim decides to shout will praying that's how he's been led to do
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by money121(m): 6:49am On Feb 23, 2020
grin grin grin
Set awon fire
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by blesskewe(f): 6:50am On Feb 23, 2020
As the spirit leads
If am angry over a situation I don't shout or something

I sit and question God,
I personally don't shout when praying
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:53am On Feb 23, 2020
topysean247:
why do Christian's pray aggressively loudly and with words repetition and this is contrary to what Jesus Christ taught according to the Bible
Mathew 6:5-8

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
Matthew 6:5‭-‬8 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/mat.6.5-8.NKJV
No real christian does that. All these things are strange to the new testament church and not part of christian worship. It includes use of musical instruments, collection of tithes, celebrations of Christmas, Easter and Good Friday, having a central headquarter and G.O pastor instead of autonomous congregrations, strange offices like reverend, women leading worship and so on. To be truly saved and added to the church,please visit a true new testament Christian congregration of The Church of Christ today. A church of Christ congregation is always near you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by helinues: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2020
What is the meaning of Prayer?
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Uyi168: 7:02am On Feb 23, 2020
On reading this, MFM people came to my mind...
They also add violent shaking of the heads to it .. cry
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by CAPSLOCKED: 7:08am On Feb 23, 2020
helinues:

PRAYER IS AN ACT OF TELLING AN ALL-KNOWING GOD TO ABANDON HIS EVER-WISE MASTER PLAN, AND CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS INSTEAD.

ALSO,

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Symorne(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2020
Pertaining to prayer, you can pray anyhow you deemed fit provided you are not violating other people's right.

Anyways, Happy Sunday.
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by AntiChristian: 7:14am On Feb 23, 2020
All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Has any prayer failed so spectacularly?
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by helinues: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

PRAYER IS AN ACT OF TELLING AN ALL-KNOWING GOD TO ABANDON HIS EVER-WISE MASTER PLAN, AND CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS INSTEAD.

ALSO,

If I am hungry, will prayer work by filling my stomach with miraculous food?
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 23, 2020
helinues:

It's a means of communication between the mortal and immortal!

Anyone talking to any form of spirit is in actual fact PRAYING, the problem here is people don't truthfully believe (trust) in the existence of God, so instead of concentrating on what they'll love to tell this Supreme Spirit Being, their minds are focused on those around them, therefore in their bid to show others that they also believe (trust) in the existence of God, they make lots of noise.

The above quotation by the OP is from the same person all those religionists claim to be their leader and teacher yet they still go ahead anyway to do what they feel is better than what this supposed teacher taught them!

There is just one and only global group practicing what Jesus taught "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" most people do say about them "they don't pray" why?
Because anyone STRICTLY following Jesus' teaching regarding prayer can't be NOTICED BY OTHERS when praying! Matthew 6:5-6 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by midolian(m): 7:37am On Feb 23, 2020
Because the modern day devil is not a gentleman. The only language he understands is shouts of fire and holy cane ... grin

I remember many years ago, during my NYSC days when a pastor(also serving with us then) tried to cast out the devil living within one of the crazy corp members. They were in a room for almost an hour wherein the shouting match ensued. You will wonder between who and who? Hmmm..The devil(speaking through the boy)and the pastor oo..

Well, I was not in the room with them but the pastor's room and mine shared a wall. So how did I know it was the devil speaking through the boy? ... grin grin

The boy's name's Chukwuka(for illustration).. Chukwuka had partially good command of English, but what I was hearing that day (which was eventually witnessed by one other person) was terribly poor! The devil, through his possession narrated how he destroyed the lives of other members of his (Chukwuka's) family and how he intends to destroy him too, even though the boy was the only partially sane person left in the family...

So I asked the pastor after the deliverance session who he was speaking with. He replied with a smile of victory "the Devil".."No wonder", I said...with a wicked grin grin grin

Yeye! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 23, 2020
Nothing fails like prayer
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Yalakatasa: 7:56am On Feb 23, 2020
[s]
midolian:
Because the devil is not a gentleman. That is the only language he understands. grin

I remember many years ago, during my NYSC days when a pastor(also serving with us then) tried to cast out the devil living within one of the crazy corp members. They were in a room for almost an hour wherein the shouting match ensued. You will wonder between who and who? Hmmm..The devil(speaking through the boy)and the pastor oo..

Well, I was not in the room with them but the pastor's room and mine shared a wall. So how did I know it was the devil speaking through the boy? ... grin grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by topysean247: 8:02am On Feb 23, 2020
church of Christ at where
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by topysean247: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2020
midolian:
Because the devil is not a gentleman. That is the only language he understands. grin

the question is do we have to really shout before God can here us or we have to make d loudest voice to reach the cloud where heaven is
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Finallydead: 8:12am On Feb 23, 2020
Because we are bred in carnality. We don't believe God really means what He says, we don't follow His prescriptions and hence don't get true faith results. The worst part is we are okay to be stuck in the repetitive cycle even if it doesn't work. We also tend to believe what a man on a pulpit says more than what God says. The average prayer of a churched believer today is described by God through Isiah"
Isaiah 29:13
[13]Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
But the Lord will come as a loving Husband and cleanse His church. Amen!
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Liposure: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2020
Emrixx:
Prayer is a spiritual thing and i think whichever way one prays that's how they're been led,if a Muslim decides to shout will praying that's how he's been led to do
how do u pray
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Chai
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by chidifrank(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
midolian:
Because the modern day devil is not a gentleman. The only language he understands is shouts of fire and holy cane ... grin

The boy's name's Chukwuka(for illustration).. Chukwuka had partially good command of English, but what I was hearing that day (which was eventually witnessed by one other person) was terribly poor! The devil, through his possession narrated how he destroyed the lives of other members of his (Chukwuka's) family and how he intends to destroy him too, even though the boy was the only partially sane person left in the family...

So I asked the pastor after the deliverance session who he was speaking with. He replied with a smile of victory "the Devil".."No wonder", I said...with a wicked grin grin grin

Yeye! undecided

this is acceptable because he is challenging d devil but ask yourself , did Jesus thru out His life on earth challenged the devil? d answer is No. He simply commanded d devil to leave n He obeys.
so i wanna bliv d Pastor is using the Holy Spirit in him given by Jesus Christ to command th devil to leave. there are no point shouting while doing deliverance. Jesus Christ delivered pple with demons simply by command. we shld do d same if truly we hv d Spirit of God in us
from the beginning , it’s all abt command if u hv d spiritual power n authority
God said “let there be light and ..........”
Re: Why Do Christian's Pray Aggressively, Loudly And With Repetition by BlueAngel444: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

No real christian does that. All these things are strange to the new testament church and not part of christian worship. It includes use of musical instruments, collection of tithes, celebrations of Christmas, Easter and Good Friday, having a central headquarter and G.O pastor instead of autonomous congregrations, strange offices like reverend, women leading worship and so on. To be truly saved and added to the church,please visit a true new testament Christian congregration of The Church of Christ today. A church of Christ congregation is always near you.

shocked which one

https://www.nairaland.com/5701563/god-sleeping-even-jesus-condemns#86882182

(1) (Reply)

God Uses Sign Fireman To Heal An American Of Deafness! / Bowing Down To Images And The Worship Of The Queen Of Heaven / Dr. Nina Diane Bronner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.