Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. (933 Views)

Jesus Was Never A Christian, Nor God, He Wasn't Even Jesus Christ - Reno Omokri / Why Are Some Men Of God Sleeping With Other People's Wife. / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 8:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Is prayer about shouting loud noises?

If God answered prayers based on how loud, or how clear a person's prays then stammers would have to wait a long time fff-ooorrrr ttthhheir aaaaaaanswwwwwwer. cheesy but seriously this is not funny grin

Thank God, God knows the intent of our hearts and the contents of our mind before we pray. So even the dumb can pray.

Look at Elijah in 1 kings 17:22 And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah not his shouting or screaming.

Whenever someone tells you to shout an amen, or scream so God can hear you, they are either mocking you or mocking your God. I mean is God asleep or deaf that you must shout, even if he was, isn't it disrespectful to shout at him. Or do you think your God is insensitive that you have to be in pain and cry out before he hears you? You're praying for hours, to who? That you disturb everyone.

Prayer is about God hearing you, and not people hearing you

In chapter 18 from verse 26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. (Does your jumping make the answer come and some will be asking people to jump and shout). 27. And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. cheesy grin cheesy
28. shocked And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29. And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
shocked

NOTICE HOW THEY DID NOT STOP, MEHN THOSE GUYS HAD "FAITH" cheesy

James 5:17 uses Elijah has an example of someone who prayed but it never said that Eljah shouted his prayer thereby disturbing others. Infact if we look at that simple prayer Elijah prayed in 1 kings 18 and how fast his God answered we see the difference between noise makers and those who recognize their God.

This is what it James 5:17 says: Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (with his whole heart he prayed). smiley

Didn't Hannah pray and her prayer get answered

1 Samuel 1 from verse 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore
Verse 13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

My question still is why the noise, is your God sleeping undecided

EVEN JESUS CONDEMNS YOUR NOISE.

In fact Jesus said in Matthew 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. (you have received your reward oh, just keeping shouting and disturbing everybody so that they know you're a prayer warrior and go to you for prayer, that will be your only reward)

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. (Some call it tongues, come o, hope you know tongues without interpretation is jargons)

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (I used to be like that and disobey this command of God)

Then Jesus taught us the simple yet powerful Lord's prayer:
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’ For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others (I'm telling you someone think that because they can shout for hours they will be looking down on others but they usually lack the essence of someone who just left God's presence):

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. (yet one David O will be telling you to do this and you can't see it goes against Jesus, like some fake prophets will be saying that God only responds when you shout and give him your money, you command his attention)

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

When will we hear a church crying loudly repenting from their obvious sins? that is the day that community will experience real revival.

6 Likes

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by Roycemadeit(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Na poor man they shout prayer

2 Likes

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by cRobo: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2020
They call it praying violently

But my God is not a violent God

I won't say a word
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Hmm
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by babyfaceafrica: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2020
Very good point
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by chidifrank(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Is prayer about shouting loud noises?

If God answered prayers based on how loud, or how clear a person's prays then stammers would have to wait a long time fff-ooorrrr ttthhheir aaaaaaanswwwwwwer. cheesy but seriously this is not funny grin

Thank God, God knows the intent of our hearts and the contents of our mind before we pray. So even the dumb can pray.

Look at Elijah in 1 kings 17:22 And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah not his shouting or screaming.

Whenever someone tells you to shout an amen, or scream so God can hear you, they are either mocking you or mocking your God. I mean is God asleep or deaf that you must shout, even if he was, isn't it disrespectful to shout at him. Or do you think your God is insensitive that you have to be in pain and cry out before he hears you? You're praying for hours, to who? That you disturb everyone.

Prayer is about God hearing you, and not people hearing you

In chapter 18 from verse 26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. (Does your jumping make the answer come and some will be asking people to jump and shout). 27. And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. cheesy grin cheesy
28. shocked And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29. And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
shocked

NOTICE HOW THEY DID NOT STOP, MEHN THOSE GUYS HAD "FAITH" cheesy

James 5:17 uses Elijah has an example of someone who prayed but it never said that Eljah shouted his prayer thereby disturbing others. Infact if we look at that simple prayer Elijah prayed in 1 kings 18 and how fast his God answered we see the difference between noise makers and those who recognize their God.

This is what it James 5:17 says: Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. (with his whole heart he prayed). smiley

Didn't Hannah pray and her prayer get answered

1 Samuel 1 from verse 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore
Verse 13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

My question still is why the noise, is your God sleeping undecided

EVEN JESUS CONDEMNS YOUR NOISE.

In fact Jesus said in Matthew 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. (you have received your reward oh, just keeping shouting and disturbing everybody so that they know you're a prayer warrior and go to you for prayer, that will be your only reward)

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. (Some call it tongues, come o, hope you know tongues without interpretation is jargons)

Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (I used to be like that and disobey this command of God)

Then Jesus taught us the simple yet powerful Lord's prayer:
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’ For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others (I'm telling you someone think that because they can shout for hours they will be looking down on others but they usually lack the essence of someone who just left God's presence):

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. (yet one David O will be telling you to do this and you can't see it goes against Jesus, like some fake prophets will be saying that God only responds when you shout and give him your money, you command his attention)

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

When will we hear a church crying loudly repenting from their obvious sins? that is the day that community will experience real revival.
honestly you wrote very well. ds is d truth
problem we are having with ds so called Christain is that they don’t STUDY the bible. they only READ d bible and follow the crowd
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by Goddyj(m): 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
I've never really subscribed to shouting during prayers.

I remember one day in church, prayers were declared. During the prayer session, an usher tapped my shoulder and asked me 'Brother why are u not praying?'

Of course I was praying; but obviously, he expected me to be shaking my head violently, or probably jumping around the whole places as many other people around me were doing.

1 Like

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by chidifrank(m): 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Goddyj:

I remember one day in church, prayers were declared. During the prayer session, an usher tapped my shoulder and asked me 'Brother why are u not praying?'

Of course I was praying; but obviously, he expected me to be shaking my head violently, or probably jumping around the whole places as many other people around me were doing.
weldone mate. the spirit of God is in you
pls try n don’t follow the crowd
Fellowship with God yourself cos Judgement is for you alone n not dt church nor the usher wanting u to scream n shout

1 Like

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

honestly you wrote very well. ds is d truth
problem we are having with ds so called Christain is that they don’t STUDY the bible. they only READ d bible and follow the crowd
thank you
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Goddyj:

Lol or when the pastor isn't getting "the feedback" he wants he shouts pray pray cheesy
chidifrank:

weldone mate. the spirit of God is in you
pls try n don’t follow the crowd
Fellowship with God yourself cos Judgement is for you alone n not dt church nor the usher wanting u to scream n shout
good advice.

1 Like

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by LordReed(m): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
LoL! How close you came! Maybe you'll eventually see it. LoL!
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2020
tongue
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by mayor02(m): 2:19am On Feb 25, 2020
You guys don't read Bible and you condemn everything. Did the bible not as in the book of psalm that 'Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...'
Did God not ask the Israelites to blow trumpet and shout for the wall of Jericho to fall down. So you mean God is deaf then,
There is a misery is sound, noise, shout, music and laughter. Noise is a sign of warfare, Shout and laughter is a sign of victory. Music is a sign for the atmosphere of God. stop criticising what you don't know and ask questions.
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
mayor02:
You guys don't read Bible and you condemn everything. Did the bible not as in the book of psalm that 'Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...'
Did God not ask the Israelites to blow trumpet and shout for the wall of Jericho to fall down. So you mean God is deaf then,
There is a misery is sound, noise, shout, music and laughter. Noise is a sign of warfare, Shout and laughter is a sign of victory. Music is a sign for the atmosphere of God. stop criticising what you don't know and ask questions.
that is praise

What I wrote about is prayer

1 Like

Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by mayor02(m): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
BlueAngel444:
that is praise

What I wrote about is prayer
Hebrews 5:7, ESV: "In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence."

Psalms 142:1 - (Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.) I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.

hope you understand now, so stop condemning.
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by Bacteriologist(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
mayor02:

Why should I or anyone for that matter treat the Bible and it's claims better than a mythological book?
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by mayor02(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Why should I or anyone for that matter treat the Bible and it's claims better than a mythological book?
No one is forcing you, it's a choice.
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 2:24am On Feb 29, 2020
mayor02:

Hebrews 5:7, ESV: "In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence."

Psalms 142:1 - (Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave.) I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.

hope you understand now, so stop condemning.
Wasn't condemning

Of course Jesus cried out on the cross
Re: Is Your God Sleeping? Even Jesus condemns your noise. by BlueAngel444: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Happy Sunday

(1) (Reply)

More Experts And Doctors Are Speaking On 5g, Covid-19 And Planned Vaccines / How To See In The Spirit Within 7 days (This is all you need to open your eyes) / How To Get To Heaven When You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.