Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,831 members, 7,841,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Open Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Open Relationships (3336 Views)

Are We Open To "Open Relationships"? / Open Relationships / Open Relationships: Would You Have One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Relationships by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 18, 2010
my biggest fear would be either myself or my guy would fall for someone else or if we did "invite" someone into our bedroom, i may end up having to watch as the two may be feeling each other. I dont want to feel like the third wheel in my own relationship. lol. I'm not feeling the idea.

There are tons of celebrities who do it. Jada and Will Smith being one example. undecided
Re: Open Relationships by Carolece(f): 3:35am On Dec 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

my biggest fear would be either myself or my guy would fall for someone else or if we did "invite" someone into our bedroom, i may end up having to watch as the two may be feeling each other. I dont want to feel like the third wheel in my own relationship. lol. I'm not feeling the idea.

There are tons of celebrities who do it. Jada and Will Smith being one example. undecided
Really? How many surpizes am I getting about Jada in just a year? Earlier I learnt Jada belongs to a rock band.
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 3:56am On Dec 18, 2010
I heard Jada is bi sexual!!! Is that true? They said she got girlfriends on the side while she screwing her husband Will. Now, I have said that open relationship is fun but it don't have to involve sex. You can have spouse swap as a way for understanding what you not use to and appreciate your spouse more.

I know some couple who have a sexless open relationship and one day of a month each do a spouse swap for that day with no sex involve and no kissing. Just purely platonic and informative. What do you guys think about that?
Re: Open Relationships by Dsense(m): 4:03am On Dec 18, 2010
^^Why do you like anything sex sex sex like this angry grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-570560.0.html
Re: Open Relationships by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
They have been married for 11 years, will and jada without a scandal because they have kept it real.
Re: Open Relationships by kaymoney2(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

They have been married for 11 years, will and jada without a scandal because they have kept it real.

Hmm 

Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2010
H-Town, has it right. It's for people who dont get jealous easily. Who have an open and honest relationship with their partners.
Sounds good to me grin Just remember to always keep it honest. On and episode of house, the patient had an open relationship with her husband. House was determined to find the lies (I love him for that. . .People always lie - G. House). Turns out at first, they were both having relations with other people then the husband stopped but didn't tell his wife that he had stopped seeing other people. She thought everything was fine. He was feeling guilty over something he did (he didn't cheat oo). . .anyway the lie did them in more than the open relationship itself. So keep it real.
Re: Open Relationships by livedit(f): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

I heard Jada is bi sexual!!! Is that true? They said she got girlfriends on the side while she screwing her husband Will. Now, I have said that open relationship is fun but it don't have to involve sex. You can have spouse swap as a way for understanding what you not use to and appreciate your spouse more.

I know some couple who have a sexless open relationship and one day of a month each do a spouse swap for that day with no sex involve and no kissing. Just purely platonic and informative. What do you guys think about that?

Hi Mrs. Eve! What exactly are the couples who are swapping mates learning from these strangers? I just think if a husband/wife are bumping heads or experiencing difficulties with open communication in the relationship, why not go seek a marriage counselor to learn and have a better understanding about your spouse. Some of the times, the problem could actually be you and not them. Why go to unqualified "strangers" who are also in the same rockly boat as you and your spouse help you when they can't help themselves? Please fill me in so that I may have a better understanding.
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hello Livedit.

Some people are doing spouse swap and are not even knowing it. When you are dealing with someone 's spouses you are swapping spouses. In other words, you are taking that spouse position and in some culture it a disrespect.

There are television shows that support spouse swapping as a way to teach each other that the grass isn't always green on the other side.

I don't condone it.
Re: Open Relationships by livedit(f): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Hello Livedit.

Some people are doing spouse swap and are not even knowing it. When you are dealing with someone 's spouses you are swapping spouses. In other words, you are taking that spouse position and in some culture it a disrespect.

There are television shows that support spouse swapping as a way to teach each other that the grass isn't always green on the other side.

I don't condone it.

Wow! Come to think of it Mrs. Eve, I think I did see a program once about this couple swapping spouse's. I remember flipping through channels and seen that. I forget the name of the program. I just shook my head and turned the channel.

I would think that would be a dissrespect. My thing is, why would you agree to marry this person and then later on decide well, can I do better? Or what have, gotta be careful who you hook up with my people. Interesting, like Arsenio Hall use to say: Things that make you wanna say hmmmmmmmm
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
I thinking couples should have open relationships. It bring spice into the bedroom. Women should do it often.
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2010
Go watch the movie KINSEY . .  by Laim Neeson.

Nuff said.
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
Who you talking to Kokoye?
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2010
efribodi who thinks open relationships are ALL smooth n butter grin
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hmmph! I am going to delay your baby shower invitation, Sir! angry
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2010
shocked  shocked  shocked

are                 you                     serious                          ??
Re: Open Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2010
Try me! I was thinking of ordering a Gucci shaped cake! (gold and brown)
Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2010
kokoye:

efribodi who thinks open relationships are ALL smooth n butter grin

Lol. . .

I think it's one of the hardest relationships to pull off since we're talking about humans here
Re: Open Relationships by eldav(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2010
only cheats at heart would love dat

mtshcew
Re: Open Relationships by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2010
^^Errmm. Wouldn't you say they invited ppl so that they "wouldn't stray"?
Re: Open Relationships by eldav(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2010
if u want lots of d1ck or pu5sy why bother marry?

y nt jst ask 4 a divorce?

call it wateva,it is a deal breaker.
Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 11:02am On Dec 29, 2010
Lol. . .there are non-married couples in open relationships.
Re: Open Relationships by eldav(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2010
still a deal breaker.
Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 11:15am On Dec 29, 2010
Yeah for most people.
Anyway, it's a complicated relationship. . .
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
Again, I say go n watch the movie KINSEY . . or read it up on wikipedia.

Then come tell me if you still down with openish . . .
Re: Open Relationships by amefi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2010
190, ajdosun n i r in an open relationship wt mzdarkskin
Re: Open Relationships by 190: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^count me and mzdarkskin out from your death trap, sad angry angry angry angry
Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
kokoye:

Again, I say go n watch the movie KINSEY . . or read it up on wikipedia.

Then come tell me if you still down with openish . . .

grin I have seen Kinsey and i still think the same tongue
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^^

My KINSEY suggestion was not in support of open relationship, woman. tongue

That was the plan . . . except you are cool with the open stuff.

KINSEY points out the hidden problems with open relationships, especially when there is love.
Re: Open Relationships by iice(f): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
LOL. Of course it's riddled with problems.
It's as flawed as humans.
Re: Open Relationships by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
it is me . . or did you just drop a line from Angels & Demons?
Re: Open Relationships by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
You guys are making me want to watch this "Kinsey" movie.
Open relationships are actually on a rise. I believe the lifestyles
of most men in the West calls for it. Some men just get tired of
one women and vice versa. I am not advocating for O.R.'s just
stating the obvious.

Nay sayers have to realize that cheating is a form of O.R. only
one partner is left in the dark. "Puss and Dog dont have the
same luck" for some it is a success and others its a problem
it all depends on personality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Doesn't Like Kissing Me Cos Of My Mustash / I Feel Silly Asking But Does my syndrome Make Me Ugly? / My boss wants my pants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.