Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture - Celebrities (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture (94188 Views)

Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet About Wizkid 'Begging' Him / Davido Speaks On Fake Tweet About Ifeanyi Adeleke Not Being His Biological Son / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2020
DennisEche:

Haha, I get you man, we go all make am bro

Amen
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You don't imagine been told the truth because you want to forcefully claim another man's child. Chioma's father will just sit and watch you trample on his right?

Not possible

Right!

You are a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

But that's not the culture of the other party. Which of the 2 clashing cultures should be respected?
You also have to respect the tradition of others.

If you guys don't want others to disregard your cultures, then train your daughters not to open legs for non igbos

The girl is an Igbo girl and David's culture is not even in the picture.

Anybody talking about Yoruba culture in this situation is just been mischievous. It can't be considered at all.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nature8(m): 7:29am On Feb 25, 2020
TheChameleon:
grin

Why are some guys taking it so personal that Davido is the father of the child regardless of one yeye iberiberism? grin

[s]If Chioma's dad tries any nonsense, he would get factory reset koboko[/s].

undecided
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Right!

You are a comedian.
Don't mind him, he still sees female children as commodities or investments, to collect dividends from intending husbands.

So a man will many female children will be saddled with the responsibility of adopting all his unmarried daughter children, in old age, when he should be retired and resting.

The implications of what he is saying is that igbo girls and their boyfriends can be having children up and down without the responsibility of caring and raising the children because the children belongs to the girl's fathers. You fail to realize that men can impregnate 7 girls in one week. If he has no responsibility to his children whatsoever, what stops him from impregnating girls up and down like 2 face?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by KevinDein: 7:36am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Anybody talking about Yoruba in this situation is just been mischievous. It can be considered at all.

He has just as equal rights to the child as the mother. His sperm produced the child so why isn't his culture in the picture?

Davido will easily win this case and take his child if wants. Literally nothing you can do about.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Anybody talking about Yoruba in this situation is just been mischievous. It can be considered at all.

Please explain why davido's culture is not in the picture, but chioma's own is. Yoruba's culture recognise paternity based on DNA and not bride price, is accorded full family rights including inheritance. So because the girl is Igbo means Yoruba culture should be disregarded?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by blissmandate(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2020
LegendHero:
Lol.

Culture Ko, cultural dance ni.

Davido owns the child even if he doesn’t eventually marry Chioma.

In Yoruba culture, baba omo lo lomo (the father owns the child).

Even in the court of law, the father owns the child.
you get it right, baba Omo lo lomo. we are not talking about factory breed here.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Roman7(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I don't know how these guys used to think..

Davido as it stands now is not the rightful owner of that child.

How can you claim a child you've not done anything on the mothers' head.

Chioma's father has greater and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.

Lol.....my genetics lecturer will always say "if u hate ur father ask ur mother" de woman is d only one to tell u who d real father of her child is
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by blissmandate(m): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2020
what a tradition, are we talking about factory breed here.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DexterousOne(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Lovelyn451:
i thank God her parents are also rich so they remain the custodians while davido can only visit, one day he'll come and they'll tell him Nna ifeanyi traveled o, or he's always in school even at night...lol

This is not matter of rich or poor.

It's what the law says in Nigeria
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You don't imagine been told the truth because you want to forcefully claim another man's child. Chioma's father will just sit and watch you trample on his right?

Not possible
Which right? Right to take up another man’s child? Who even told you this rubbish you’re making claims to?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2020
bykes:
Traditional laws are sacrosanct. For instance if you wed your wife in court and still go further to marry another wife traditionally having not ended the first, you have committed bigamy. Ask layers.This is how strong tradition is. Davido stand the chance of loosing his son to Chioma’s father if he hasn’t paid her bride price even if his DNA 999%. Everyone is saying 21st century but forgetting our laws and constitution are made in 20th century
And where in the constitution did they state that? Can you just listen to yourself?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DexterousOne(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

Please explain why davido's culture is not in the picture, but chioma's own is. Yoruba's culture recognise paternity based on DNA and not bride price, is accorded full family rights including inheritance. So because the girl is Igbo means Yoruba culture should be disregarded?

This is not issue if Igbo vs Yoruba culture as some are eagerly painting it.

It's an issue of common sense and what the general Nigerian law says.
The general Nigerian negates any Igbo, Yoruba of Hausa traditional laws when there is a clash, except there is an amendment in the law for it.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Omon605(m): 7:52am On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:
- As an adult, Chioma willingly cohabited with Davido.
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.
- Currently, Chioma still lives with Davido and gives her body freely to him.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.

Is a bit more complicated than you thought. It all have to be a matter of culture and tradition. Yes Davido is wealthy he will be able to withstand all the push and resist anything throw at him but if they are able to take that child to ibo land and Chioma and her father agree that the said child is not for Davido, I believe that settle everything. because I had witnessed the same till today my friend family are still doing everything within their power to get the son back from and ibo lady and the father. They have exploit all available means but nothing good comes out. My friend dated and impregnated the ibo lady and had a son for him. Unfortunately my friend had and ghastly accident and died at the spot. The lady and the child live with him before this incident happened. This happened about 8yrs ago, till today nobody have see the little boy. I do see the lady, all what she's saying is her people have collected the child from her and my friend family had seen her parents severally to see if there's anything they needed to do to take the child all to no avail. They had involved litigation and mediation with full proof, nothing positive comes out. The son don't even have and ibo name. From what I realise, it is the tradition and culture of the land that will determine
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 7:53am On Feb 25, 2020
ugodedoc:

I want to ask you few questions which are
1.where are you from?
2. Is Chioma married?
3. Base on Igbo land culture and tradition, if Chioma happens to marry another man today where do you think the baby belong to?
Like any other girl that gives birth in the house without marriage is the same thing with Chioma's case
So Nigeria would forfeit the laws of the constitution just because you’ve got one nonesense belief in your tradition.. who even brainwashed you guys like this

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 7:58am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

It is not blackmail young man. That's the culture of the people. An elder will not be in the house and a goat delivers in tether.

Respect my tradition same way I respect yours, period.

so they use your tradition as a basis to run the constitution of the country which states otherwise? Remove the blindfold and see the baseless argument you’re trying to come up with

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by EMboz(m): 8:01am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Anybody talking about Yoruba culture in this situation is just been mischievous. It can't be considered at all.

you’re the one being mischievous with your barbaric beliefs!! You all have been brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Omon605:

Is a bit more complicated than you thought. It all have to be a matter of culture and tradition. Yes Davido is wealthy he will be able to withstand all the push and resist anything throw at him but if they are able to take that child to ibo land and Chioma and her father agree that the said child is not for Davido, I believe that settle everything. because I had witnessed the same till today my friend family are still doing everything within their power to get the son back from and ibo lady and the father. They have exploit all available means but nothing good comes out. My friend dated and impregnated the ibo lady and had a son for him. Unfortunately my friend had and ghastly accident and died at the spot. The lady and the child live with him before this incident happened. This happened about 8yrs ago, till today nobody have see the little boy. I do see the lady, all what she's saying is her people have collected the child from her and my friend family had seen her parents severally to see if there's anything they needed to do to take the child all to no avail. They had involved litigation and mediation with full proof, nothing positive comes out. The son don't even have and ibo name. From what I realise, it is the tradition and culture of the land that will determine

You are comparing apples to oranges. The main difference in this case is; the father is late. So the only person with absolute rights to the child is the mother, and if the mother willingly gives the child to her family, there is little the child's father's family can do. The situation would be different if the father is alive and demands paternity rights. Then there would be custody battle in the courts and visitation rights issues among other issues.

You guys need to get this into your skulls, the two parents of a child has equal paternity rights to a child before any body else.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Omon605:

Well your experience says it all. I don't know why people like been mischievous on issues.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

You are comparing apples to oranges. The main difference in this case is; the father is late. So the only person with absolute rights to the child is the mother, and if the mother willingly gives the child to her family, there is little the child's father's family can do. The situation would be different if the father is alive and demands paternity rights. Then there would be custody battle in the courts and visitation rights issues among other issues.

You guys need to get this into your skulls, the two parents of a child has equal paternity rights to a child before any body else.

You are just twisting her submission. The father has rightfully taken his child as custom and tradition demands.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Lekison(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

grin

Why u come add join my comment na

Where is that mod wet get mMind in his moniker make e com help me give corekt bannn.

DAT guy na d most wicked " Banner. "for NL.
someone cannot play with u grin
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are just twisting her submission. The father has rightfully taken his child as custom and tradition demands.
You are arguing blindly. The father is dead and the mother took the child to her father. If the boy is alive and wants his child it will go to the courts. If the child's mother did not give the child to her father, he cannot claim it.
The primary rights to a child belongs to both parents

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Ykol(m): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Kolz brands

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by geodanny(m): 8:30am On Feb 25, 2020
Gten:
Laws and traditions in Nigeria are for the poor. Trust me, Chioma's village would even partner Rochas to erect Davido's statue in the village square as appreciation for choosing their daughter as baby mama.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by crafteck(m): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

Which right does chioma's father has? He does not even have rights over chioma, who is an adult, not to talk of her baby.
He wants to collect bride price abi? He should carry gun and point to davido to collect it.

Some igbos behave like 18th century bush men, but claim to better than others.

Even if davido pays chioma's bride price, what happens to his children if the couple divorces, and chioma marries another man? The new man will claim the child, or the father will claim the child?

All these father claiming others people's children is not out of love, but a blackmail to collect bride price up and down. Some fathers that cannot even feed themselves, will be claiming other people's children.

In sane societies, a man that impregnates a woman is forced to pay child care for the child until 18. Many have gone to jail for avoiding their responsibilities to their children, but in igbos archaic culture, it's all about greed of collecting bride price and not the welfare of the child.

Exactly...
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by festacman(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2020
Omon605:

The problem here is that the man is dead and can't do to DNA test to prove anything. The court will rely solely on the woman's testimony about the paternity of her child.

Again, the child belongs legally to the two biological parents and in the event of demise of one parent, the living parent assumes exclusive custody of the child.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Lovelyn451(f): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2020
Glycosunde:

if u farm on a piece of land belonging to someone n when harvest time comes n d person is dragging ur harvest with u saying that he owns d land n therefore the harvest, what will u do? No court of law will support d owner of d land over d farmer. D simplest decision will be for d farmer to harvest his crops and the land owner to take back his land. Chioma's father can't drag d child with davido because d supreme laws of d land which governs all didn't approve it.

Don't forget killing of twins was a culture until it was scraped
u just explained theft, land snatching, cultivating somebody's land without permission
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by festacman(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Oracle23:

If another man marries her, the child would still belong to chiomas father....that's if davido hasn't paid her bride price.

If another man marries Chioma, Davido will still share joint custody of the child with Chioma as the biological parents of the child, till the child is old enough.

If Chioma's father takes away the child, Davido will sue him for child abduction, prove his paternity with DNA and take full custody of his child. The laws of Nigeria and the constitution supersede any tradition whenever they clash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by alizma: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:

Claiming another person's child in Nigerian law is impossible unless DNA test says the child is yours? That's it.
Before you bring in law, you need to first think of the situation and check the jurisdiction. This is a customary case and the question is, does the Igbo culture permit such and the answer is capital YES
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by nick50(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

You want to compare the Adeleke's to the Rowlands? You must be high on something.
..nobody is comparing anybody.. Besides u only exaggerate none of us knows the actual worth of those people u mentioned but am only trying to make u understand that chioma came from a very wealthy family and she is not after davido's money reason why David is so intoxicated with her so park well

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

6 Davido’s Friends That Died Between 2017 -2021,he Was Accused Of Killing No.3 / Chinedu Ikedieze's House In Uzuakoli, Abia, His Hometown / E-Money’s Convoy As He Heads Home From Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.