Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture - Celebrities (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture (94127 Views)

Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet About Wizkid 'Begging' Him / Davido Speaks On Fake Tweet About Ifeanyi Adeleke Not Being His Biological Son / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DavidEsq(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
remi1444:

Lol, she made mention of it as an obiter during an occasion with LawClinic.

Aoko's case bothers on section 36(12)- Adultery not a crime in the south.
Oh dear! Edet v. Essien, it is.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Wendybrown(f): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:

Igbo customs existed for centuries before lugard and his ashawo wife cobbled your nigeria together under the influence of tombo liquor.
The house where the nigeria was cobbled together is now in shatters, rotten beyond redemption to reflect the hopeless state of the contraption they sewed up together.

So yes Igbo customary laws superceeds you Nigerian law that is less than a 100 years old. My grandfather is older than the so-called nigerian constitution..No living man is older than Igbo customary laws.

Another name for nigeria is 'Tufiakwa'.

Chest beating as usual
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Paseus(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
festacman:
- As an adult, Chioma willingly cohabited with Davido.
- Davido openly declares his love for Chioma in a song titled "Assurance", asking water to carry him away if he jilts her. Eventually, Chioma became pregnant for Chioma.
- Subsequently, both Davido and Chioma's families have formally met and are fully aware that their children intend to marry.
- Davido not only witnessed the birth of Ifeanyi but signed his birth certificate as his father.
- Davido, in the presence of members of both his and Chioma's families, named his son David Ifeanyi Adeleke at a public event.
- Ever since the birth of Ifeanyi, Davido has assumed and performed all necessary paternal duties.
- Currently, Chioma still lives with Davido and gives her body freely to him.

In view of foregoing and given that since the birth of Ifeanyi, no man has surfaced to make any paternity claim, I hereby insist and affirm that Ifeanyi Adeleke is biologically and legally Davido Adeleke's son.
Case dismissed
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by remi1444: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
DavidEsq:

Oh dear! Edet v. Essien, it is.
Yeeeesssssaaaaarrrrr.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by DavidEsq(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
remi1444:
Yeeeesssssaaaaarrrrr.

grin grin. See ur head grin grin. Better goan read it in the library.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by remi1444: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
DavidEsq:

grin grin. See ur head grin grin. Better goan read it in the library.
I can still remember the facts though and the decision of the court.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Okpabana: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Please on a more sincere note let us all try and respect tradition.

That child in Igbo tradition rightfully belongs to chioma's father.

How can Davido be claiming a child he hasn't done. Anything on the mothers head. It is fully reserved for chioma's father to either allow the child to go over to David or not.

If he decides tomorrow that this child will be part of his land inheritance and will take his share as his son. He is right.

I am yet to come to terms how this child belongs to david.

The twitter user was right.

Finally, judges that are versed in people's tradition will try such case and on merit of it.

Bros, was it Chioma's Dad that slept with her and got her pregnant? What type of useless and outdated tradition is that? Claiming someone else's child is also a tradition? SMH. One day, someone will come here and tell us that killing by one popular tribe is also a tradition . tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Supersymetry: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Female inheritance is based solely on if the man didn't have any male child but has a female child or children, he might decide to use one of the. Daughter as MAN in WOMAN, and do the necessary rites so that anyday he is gone or join his ancestors that particular female will inherit or takeover from him.

Secondly to use the whiteman's law to overide people's known tradition is not a good Idea. It is a bad precedent. It is more like encouraging others to be adopting this pattern and approaching court to thwart tradition. It is a bad idea and process.

Our own laws is our own home grown solutions in solving our issues not the other way round.

Someone should explain this clearly so that you will understand the situation perfectly.
yeah.
Some people lack common sense. They only follow the trend.
Female inheritance when a there are male children will only be fusible if there's nothing like inter- marriage or marriage itself.because it will weaken any group or family that tries it, to be absorbed into its neighbours. (But partial or temporary inheritance is ideal infact a must).Including loss of identity, culture, geographical location etc.
Female inheritance can only happen in a homogeneous, inbreeding (don't mix with neighbours at all cost), isolated communist society.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:

Igbo customs existed for centuries before lugard and his ashawo wife cobbled your nigeria together under the influence of tombo liquor.
The house where the nigeria was cobbled together is now in shatters, rotten beyond redemption to reflect the hopeless state of the contraption they sewed up together.

So yes Igbo customary laws superceeds you Nigerian law that is less than a 100 years old. My grandfather is older than the so-called nigerian constitution..No living man is older than Igbo customary laws.

Another name for nigeria is 'Tufiakwa'.
Which yeye igbo customary laws? You guys truly deserve your own igbo only country, where you can be allowed to go back to the stone age.

I don't blame you guys, it's your women I blame. They take too much shit from misogynist menfolks in the name of tradition. Come to warri and try half of these useless customs on our girls and they will show you how far.

Property, she has no right to inherit from her own father. Her own child she carried for 9 month, you want to claim, because her baby daddy did not come and pay you money in the form of bride price. If the husband dies, you will see the husband's brothers circling like vultures to come and claim properties they did not work for. If the husband dies, the wife will be made to endure all sorts of humiliating ceremonies in the name of culture.

I am always proud of the way my wafi sisters treat their Bleep up. I am seen a situation where a igbo man who was married to an urhobo lady died. She and her little children went to bury the man in his village with a full detachment of mopol. The youths of the town wanted to cause trouble, insisting she undergoes some ceremonies. After the mopol used some to do "for example" no body told them to forget culture.

After the burial, the family made mistake of coming to warri, where the guy built a massive house and plenty cars. I trust Ekpan youths, they were waiting for them.

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

Which yeye igbo customary laws? You guys truly deserve your own igbo only country, where you can be allowed to go back to the stone age.

[s]I don't blame you guys, it's your women I blame. They take too much shit from misogynist menfolks in the name of tradition. Come to warri and try half of these useless customs on our girls and they will show you how far.

Property, she has no right to inherit from her own father. Her own child she carried for 9 month, you want to claim, because her baby daddy did not come and pay you money in the form of bride price. If the husband dies, you will see the husband's brothers circling like vultures to come and claim properties they did not work for. If the husband dies, the wife will be made to endure all sorts of humiliating ceremonies in the name of culture.

I am always proud of the way my wafi sisters treat their Bleep up. I am seen a situation where a igbo man who was married to an urhobo lady died. She and her little children went to bury the man in his village with a full detachment of mopol. The youths of the town wanted to cause trouble, insisting she undergoes some ceremonies. After the mopol used some to do "for example" no body told them to forget culture.

After the burial, the family made mistake of coming to warri, where the guy built a massive house and plenty cars. I trust Ekpan youths, they were waiting for them[/s].

@bolded I agree we really need our own country to propagate our stone age culture.

@strike

I don't encourage lies and fabrications. No be Ekpan wey I know again that is like a deserted Island where community are always fighting and killing themselves.

Abeg tell me something new.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Armaggedon: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

I don't blame you guys, it's your women I blame. They take too much shit from misogynist menfolks in the name of tradition. Come to warri and try half of these useless customs on our girls and they will show you how far.

After the burial, the family made mistake of coming to warri, where the guy built a massive house and plenty cars. I trust Ekpan youths, they were waiting for them.
fake stories...in your dreams

A woman buried her husband alone with mopol...lol
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Legendguru: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by wirinet(m): 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Armaggedon:
fake stories...in your dreams

A woman buried her husband alone with mopol...lol
Truth is bitter. I know you guys live in denial. Igbo so called culture is greed oriented, for the exploitation of women, children and the helpless.

Where did I say she buried her husband alone?
I said she went for the burial (in company of her 2 little childeren plus some family members) with a bus load mobile Policemen.

4 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by lx3as(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
ityP:

Does the Yoruba culture permit what the Igbo culture permits? No. So which culture go prevail?

Nigerian constitution; which mainly tailored after British and American constitution. A DNA test at the worst scenario and the father takes his child if he is capable. Nigerian Constitution supercedes customary laws. One customary law does not supercede another in Nigeria as Chioma people are claiming.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Armaggedon: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
wirinet:

Truth is bitter. I know you guys live in denial. Igbo so called culture is greed oriented, for the exploitation of women, children and the helpless.

Where did I say she buried her husband alone?
I said she went for the burial (in company of her 2 little childeren plus some family members) with a bus load mobile Policemen.

Mr man find somewhere else to cry and leave my mention.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
lx3as:

Nigerian constitution; which mainly tailored after British and American constitution. A DNA test at the worst scenario and the father takes his child if he is capable. Nigerian Constitution supercedes customary laws. One customary law does not supercede another in Nigeria as Chioma people are claiming.

Don't mind these ignorant lots.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Shegzy8(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2020
ugodedoc:

I want to ask you few questions which are
1.where are you from?
2. Is Chioma married?
3. Base on Igbo land culture and tradition, if Chioma happens to marry another man today where do you think the baby belong to?
Like any other girl that gives birth in the house without marriage is the same thing with Chioma's case
You guys are just shouting igbo culture as if yoruba's don't have theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 26, 2020
ityP:

Na mumu culture be this o. This culture is actually proof that Igbo girls do the most abortions. And that is not being ahead of anyone, thats pure stupidity. Anyway, make I find one Igbo girl knack, I don't have to be afraid of pregnancy announcement from her. Even when she calls me, I go tell her say I want my pikin, but I don't want to marry her. Easy way to dodge

""This culture is actually proof that Igbo girls do the most abortions.""

See sophistication grin grin
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 26, 2020
ityP:

When I win custody case for court, lemme see how the child go still dey with her papa. Una think say na 1914 we dey abi?

Have u ever heard of customary court/customary law before?
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2020
EMboz:
Since other cultures don’t align with your so called beliefs makes my post false and stupid lol.. I don’t have to argue with you and I don’t see how you’re ahead with this ill practice!! You can gift your kids to whosoever you deem fit it; everyone can’t succumb to your tradition

Ur post is false n stupid
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Wickedfacts: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2020
ngoxievergreen:
Ndi Imo are loose cheesy

See this ugly Wawa thing making noise.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oracle23:

Have u ever heard of customary court/customary law before?

Which customary court wan hear the case? The one for Igbo land abi the one for Yoruba land? undecided

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by nlPoster: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Interstellar.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
ityP:

Which customary court wan hear the case? The one for Igbo land abi the one for Yoruba land? undecided

The customary court would hear the case and not a civil court.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oracle23:

The customary court would hear the case and not a civil court.

And I asked, which? The one in Igbo land or the one in Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
ityP:

And I asked, which? The one in Igbo land or the one in Yoruba land?

Don't ask any other silly question.

There is nothing like igbo or yoruba customary court. Nigeria has a customary courts. Simple.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Adenicke: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

How can Davido be claiming a child he hasn't done. Anything on the mothers head. It is fully reserved for chioma's father to either allow the child to go over to David or not.

If he decides tomorrow that this child will be part of his land inheritance and will take his share as his son. He is right.

Finally, judges that are versed in people's tradition will try such case and on merit of it.

Lets face our lives. Abeg. Let dem be mbok
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by mikolo80: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Is this Nigeria or biafra

Before Mary slessor it sad tradition to kill twins

Should we continue murder

Pls think before you talk

Juliusmalema:

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oracle23:

Don't ask any other silly question.

There is nothing like igbo or yoruba customary court. Nigeria has a customary courts. Simple.

Customary courts located in different parts of the South. Don't be a mumu. This paternity thing is between two tribes, Igbo and Yoruba. Who tradition the customary court wan respect? You no dey use your brain think?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by ityP(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
mikolo80:
Is this Nigeria or biafra

Before Mary slessor it sad tradition to kill twins

Should we continue murder

Pls think before you talk

Don't mind these mumu people. Dem think say na Biafra dem dey. Chioma's father should try shit na. The way Nnamdi Kanu disappear, na so him too go pick race comot for naija
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2020
ityP:

Customary courts located in different parts of the South. Don't be a mumu. This paternity thing is between two tribes, Igbo and Yoruba. Who tradition the customary court wan respect? You no dey use your brain think?

Are u still dragging this ur stupidity along?

Will davido marry chioma with yoruba tradition or with IGBO tradition.

I dunno why most nigerian youths dont have sense
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by opebiboy: 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Davido na mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

6 Davido’s Friends That Died Between 2017 -2021,he Was Accused Of Killing No.3 / Chinedu Ikedieze's House In Uzuakoli, Abia, His Hometown / Davido And Sophia Momodu At Imade's Hair Care Line Launch. Fans Notice Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.