Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . (69913 Views)

Manatee: This Creature Was Killed In Badagry Yesterday. Who Knows The Name? / Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo) / Trapped Manatee Caught And Butchered In Bayelsa By Residents. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Ghosted419: 10:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Ghosted419:
You all be spiting thrash! How many of these folks use dstv or even have the slightest idea of wildlife and aquatic conservation.
Given same position of knowledge and exposure many of you here will do worst to that manatee. We easily magnify the wrong of the unexposed and the illiterate but be quick to congratulate politicians who just added a new whip to his garage. Y’all re so quick to showcase your education to the uneducated without thinking of bridging the gap.
How much will it cost you to conduct seminars, doing talk shows, printing out flyers or even engage in your own little rally, on the need of animal conservations but no your exposure is not for others to consume but to criticize.
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Wizikal(m): 10:14am On Feb 25, 2020
davillian:
This is heartbreaking for those of us who watch Natgeo wild...
I wish I can save that animal from being slaughtered...
you probably ay end up risking your life for the poor water manatee
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Proffdada: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Little they know is that manatees eat water hyacinth that clog up the waterways
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Germi9: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2020
I felt like crying
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by suratwo62: 10:19am On Feb 25, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Useless country
Useless citizens
Useless government

Let me tell you guys a story... In a sane country.. A rat stuck on a grate was rescued by the towns fire fighters... I mean the life of a mere rat meant so much that they used state resources to save it

SMH. .Nigeria is a glorified disease
In that sane country the life of a mere rat means more than the life of an immigrant. Someone who was not born in the country. Check out the far right terrorism of Europe, Germany and even USA. Hypocrites. Will spare the life of an animal but kill a black or non white human being
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by ukahrawah: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Is it just the Manatee? Nigerians are killing every animal they come across. Elephant, Hippo, Snakes, Aligator, Turtle... just name it. The most annoying thing is that they come to Nairaland to display such repulsive images while ''wildlife conservation authorities'' look the other way. Soon, we may have no wild animals left while South Africa, Namibia and Kenya keep attracting Nigerian wildlife tourists on yearly basis.

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Gazzuzzlogistic(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Bamz:
The Ministry of Environment should do more than react to the video. Where's the plan for sensitisation? Are there incentives for turning in these manatees?

It's easy to blame these guys but what do they know? Most of them aren't enlightened enough, and are only looking for their next meal.

Hunger is real. Sensitization will not work on a hungry man with an empty stomach and empty pockets.

Improve the well being of people in the riverine areas, or provide cash incentives for anyone who brings endangered species, if not all a waste of time
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by danvon(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Guestlander:

Absolutely. Almost all sociopathic killers started by being cruel to animals.
Hitler was very nice to animals tho

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by IMASTEX: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:
A lot of illiterate idiots less than savages inhabit the space called Nigeria.

They are only interested in kill! Eat! Kill Eat!

No innovation, no creativity, just empty skulls. I still suspect that cannibals still exist in Nigeria.
Can't agree less. It is indeed a shame

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Ofon0909(f): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2020
This is cruel. The manatee must have been in severe pains before eventually reaching its final death���
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by oluwatomisin93(m): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2020
ybalogs:
Kindness to animals should be thought in schools. We lack that basic training in Nigeria.
School ke. Must we always push everything to teachers. Kindness should be taught in school but charity begins at home. Its all start with the way we treat the rats, lizards cockroaches etc around us. Most of the animals we see today are not found in schools. So let's start inculcating this in our children at home to be kind to all including animals. U can't be kind to an animal when u ain't even kind to ur fellow human.

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by generalwo(m): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2020
The high rate of poverty and misinformation are some of the causes of the problems of Nigerians.... Something that is meant to be preserved is not dragged along the road to be used as food which will only serve for a few days and then what.... They go back to hunger and poverty... What a pity

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by generalwo(m): 10:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Godsfavour78:
if possible I will even use grenade launcher on the rat. I hate this animal so much since I was a kid I remember driving nail through the skull of a rat caught in rat gum and it started bleeding from the nose and mouth and eyes and ears. I also burnt out the eyes of another one with matches.

Just last week I saw a weakened rat outside my house I buried it alive.
.... How much has your hatred for rats put in your account...... Such animal cruelty and you are so proud to post in online....

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by hope4nigeria(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Useless country
Useless citizens
Useless government

Let me tell you guys a story... In a sane country.. A rat stuck on a grate was rescued by the towns fire fighters... I mean the life of a mere rat meant so much that they used state resources to save it

SMH. .Nigeria is a glorified disease
you are also useless right?
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by generalwo(m): 10:44am On Feb 25, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Nigerians are hypocrites! Many are shouting animal cruelty online, but they do the same offline.

There’s so much hunger in land! You will not understand if you have food in your house.
..... Kill this animal and it will feed you for a few days...... Sell it online or to zoos or wildlife lovers and the proceeds can help you start up a biz that will feed you for years...... Poverty is never an excuse for irrational decisions

2 Likes

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2020
Thunder fire you ma, Animals are meant to be consumed!!
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Guestlander: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
danvon:
Hitler was very nice to animals tho

Really?
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by back2sender: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
spinna:
At least kill the poor beast or transport it in water...this is too bad. Just too bad. Nigerians have been brought so low..
This is how Nigerians are, forget about thier crocodile tears about Mr president.
Nigerians are wicked, can you imagine how an animal is been treated that is not in competition with them? more painful is that this animal is an harmless and herbivore !
Thats why i dont fret when i hear nigerians shouting hyenas cry.
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by omodave(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Too many dull people in this country and you think same persons won't kill their fellow humans when opportunity presents itself...

All this are as a resullts of poor parenting.. Very annoying something

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Opperwezen(m): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Godsfavour78:
if possible I will even use grenade launcher on the rat. I hate this animal so much since I was a kid I remember driving nail through the skull of a rat caught in rat gum and it started bleeding from the nose and mouth and eyes and ears. I also burnt out the eyes of another one with matches.

You go sabi torture people ooo...RESPECTS!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Ehisod(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2020
To someone out there you are a rat and could be treated likewise.

Godsfavour78:

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Barbarism. All over
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2020
Godsfavour78:

cheesy cheesy grin grin You're my brother, I swear you're my brother! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by AkuluAmu: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
post=86937558:

And you see one of their youths worshipping James Ibori who single handedly looted Niger Delta's past, present and future.
May Him and all his supporters never end well in life.
Criminals and bastards.

@poor manatee, these people eat anything they come across.
Their leaders in that part of the country have raped them left, right and center.
What a pity! sad
[/s]
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by maasoap(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2020
SciLab:
A lot of illiterate idiots less than savages inhabit the space called Nigeria.

They are only interested in kill! Eat! Kill Eat!

No innovation, no creativity, just empty skulls. I still suspect that cannibals still exist in Nigeria.

Like South like North, no difference
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Dollypie20(f): 11:36am On Feb 25, 2020
This is so unfair
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 25, 2020
spinna:
At least kill the poor beast or transport it in water...this is too bad. Just too bad. Nigerians have been brought so low..

Honestly.... This is animal cruelty... If they want to eat it like you wrote, they should transport it in water rather than scrubbing its soft skin like that on the floor.. The only animal worthy of that punishment is snakes...
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Farki: 11:38am On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerians so love killing anything that moves, even humans aren't exempt. When will we stop being so barbaric? undecided

1 Like

Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by AkuluAmu: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
undecided

is there any sense in dragging it like that? cant they butcher it and move it in bits if they so much need to eat and feed on it, now if Fulani Herdsmen also threat them in this barbaric way they squawk and wail

[/s]
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Reference(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2020
Over 2,000 people are now confirmed dead, when people mess with nature, mess with animals they have no business with and consider every crawling, creeping, running, climbing, swimming and flying thing on earth food. I guess these ones have not given a thought they could be playing russian roulette with their lives... slow, painful death it may be.
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Farki: 11:42am On Feb 25, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Nigerians are hypocrites! Many are shouting animal cruelty online, but they do the same offline.

There’s so much hunger in land! You will not understand if you have food in your house.

So if they did not see manatee those people in that area will not eat? They did not see fish or bird to hunt but exotic endangered species should now form their diet? Killing the animal is unnecessary and continuing to kill them will have its own negative effects on their land.
Re: Video Of A Manatee Dragged Along The Road In Niger Delta Region Sparks Outrage . by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Godsfavour78:

I don't know if you're into acting but if you venture into it, make sure you only play the role of a villain..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My First Time Seeing Elephants Fight. No Wonder They Say Grass Stuffers (Video) / The Tree That Bleeds Like Human (Facts And Pictures) / Massive Fish Caught In Uganda That Is "More Expensive" Than The New iPhone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.