Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. (5536 Views)

Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth / Harmful Effects Of Improper Use Of Automotive Air Conditioning (Pics) / Would You Buy This Air Conditioning Motorcycle Helmet For ₦218 Thousand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by totit: 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
Motorways:

Which state do you reside in?
Please, check my signature maybe we can talk more about it.

Ok. Will give you a call...
I am in Lagos.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by peddas: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Motorways:
The compressor is weak or the condenser is very dirty or the radiator fan is very weak or there is small blockage in the system. Two or more or all of these can be the cause of the malfunction. Check my signature, maybe we can talk more about this.
Thank you ,I will start the troubleshoot from the cheapest, though I reside in Abuja.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Rayd502(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2020
Motorways:
3. Don't Top AC Gas: one of the major enemies of AC system is leakage. The rubber seals installed at various connections and joints of AC system can fail due to chemical reactions between them and the gas and oil in the system. The chemical composition of the gas can cause the seals to fail when you are always found of topping your car AC Gas with all manners of AC gas in the name of wanting better cooling. Wrong mixture of AC gas can also have adverse effect on your AC compressor.
Rather than adding to the gas already in the system, you should first remove/evacuate the one that was in the system and recharge the system with a new gas entirely. Do note that, there is/are leakages in the system whenever you have to top AC Gas too frequently like every week or every month in order to keep it cooling. There might be other minor/major issues apart from leakages, your best option is to take your car for AC system services in a professional Auto AC repairs garage.

Nice tips...What if one has for example,Harp gas already in the system and decides to do a top up using same Harp gas?Does it require one to evacuate the system even when same gas is used for top up?
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 10:29am On Feb 29, 2020
Rayd502:

Nice tips...What if one has for example,Harp gas already in the system and decides to do a top up using same Harp gas?Does it require one to evacuate the system even when same gas is used for top up?
it is not a good practice to add to AC gas that is already in the system even if you are using the same type of gas and the same brand of ac gas. The reasons being that the system can be overcharged or still undercharged except when you use specialized tools. For there to be shortage of AC gas in the system, it is a strong indication that there is leakage in the system. It is better to fix the leakage first before loading new gas into the system. Whenever there is less cooling in your car AC it is not always shortage of AC gas issue, ignorance of this has made many car owners to cause more damages to their car AC system, because they simply branch any AC shop or road side gas fillers to top the gas for their car ac not knowing they are causing more damages that will cost them more money. Your best decision whenever you see less cooling from your car AC system is to locate a trusted and competent AC repair garage and have the system properly diagnosed. Whenever I am sending any of my AC technician out to diagnose in customers offices or home or outside Lagos I equip them with the necessary tools and information, in our own garage, we combine experiences from more than three AC technicians on ground backed up with modern Auto AC repairs tools.

Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by kitsall123: 1:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Whats your take on converting automatic compressor to manual sir.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by TPound(m): 7:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
I have a 2011 Acura mdx... Whenever I bleed the gas and fill in a new gas, it cools for a few days, then the driver side vents blows hot.
After a few days, the passenger side vent begins to blow hot too... But the rear is always chilling... I've repaired the seal of the compressor, changed the valves for the discharge hose, but no changes
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by NobleEngineer(m): 7:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
Motorways:

it is not a good practice to add to AC gas that is already in the system even if you are using the same type of gas and the same brand of ac gas. The reasons being that the system can be overcharged or still undercharged except when you use specialized tools. For there to be shortage of AC gas in the system, it is a strong indication that there is leakage in the system. It is better to fix the leakage first before loading new gas into the system. Whenever there is less cooling in your car AC it is not always shortage of AC gas issue, ignorance of this has made many car owners to cause more damages to their car AC system, because they simply branch any AC shop or road side gas fillers to top the gas for their car ac not knowing they are causing more damages that will cost them more money. Your best decision whenever you see less cooling from your car AC system is to locate a trusted and competent AC repair garage and have the system properly diagnosed. Whenever I am sending any of my AC technician out to diagnose in customers offices or home or outside Lagos I equip them with the necessary tools and information, in our own garage, we combine experiences from more than three AC technicians on ground backed up with modern Auto AC repairs tools.
If i dont use the AC at all for a long time, say 7 months, will I lose gas (refrigerant)? cos it happened to me recently after along time of not using the AC ..the weather is harsh now I turned it on and it wasn't chilling at all. So I took the car to a local ac guy who plugged in a guage and it read somtin 120 on the guage..whatever that was...he topped it up and sprayed water on the condenser and cooling began....event of 5 days ago & its been chilling since then.
I hope we never spoil anything?
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 9:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
NobleEngineer:

If i dont use the AC at all for a long time, say 7 months, will I lose gas (refrigerant)? cos it happened to me recently after along time of not using the AC ..the weather is harsh now I turned it on and it wasn't chilling at all. So I took the car to a local ac guy who plugged in a guage and it read somtin 120 on the guage..whatever that was...he topped it up and sprayed water on the condenser and cooling began....event of 5 days ago & its been chilling since then.
I hope we never spoil anything?
Nothing spoiled! He used his gauge and from the look of things it seams he knows how to use the manifold gauge set. But this doesn't rule out the possibility of leakage in the system...there is still small leakage in the system.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 9:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
kitsall123:
Whats your take on converting automatic compressor to manual sir.
It's good to convert to manual.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by DreCharles(m): 9:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
How much for a Mercedes Benz w203 c180 compressor and condenser and where's your shop located pls
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 10:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
TPound:
I have a 2011 Acura mdx... Whenever I bleed the gas and fill in a new gas, it cools for a few days, then the driver side vents blows hot.
After a few days, the passenger side vent begins to blow hot too... But the rear is always chilling... I've repaired the seal of the compressor, changed the valves for the discharge hose, but no changes
You've Changed the expansion valve, fix leakages, measured the amount of gas in the system with a manifold gauge set and no difference. The fault is coming from what we call 'The Air Mix Control Motor or the gear teeth of the air mixing flap. Check the pictures below and don't forget we are here for you at Motorways to help you fix stubborn ac issues.

Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 11:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
DreCharles:
How much for a Mercedes Benz w203 c180 compressor and condenser and where's your shop located pls

Come to our garage first or let's fix an appointment, I don't like giving prices online to customer because I may see the actual car and decided to reconstruct its AC system and hence start going back and forth on prices. Plz, understand with me.
The Motorways Mazel, 116, Agbe Road Abule Egba Lagos.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by DreCharles(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2020
Motorways:

Come to our garage first or let's fix an appointment, I don't like giving prices online to customer because I may see the actual car and decided to reconstruct its AC system and hence start going back and forth on prices. Plz, understand with me.
The Motorways Mazel, 116, Agbe Road Abule Egba Lagos.
Your number pls. I'm not in Lagos at the moment but will be in Lagos in two weeks time. I'm asking for quotes so as to have a fair idea of what to budget for
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
DreCharles:
Your number pls. I'm not in Lagos at the moment but will be in Lagos in two weeks time. I'm asking for quotes so as to have a fair idea of what to budget for
Check my signature. You can chat me up on Whatsapp.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Yeecar(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2020
Motorways:

You need to check the engine performance, because if your car engine is weak, if it misfires, if the injection system needs servicing, spark plugs and coil and valves are bad, if the engine's compression is very weak, all of these and many more are what can cause it. Then you need to find out which car's compressor is fixed in your car, this is because, yes it's possible the technician fixed a compressor that was meant for a large V6 engine on your car engine which is a small 4cylinder engine.
Is it possible to use a small compressor for a v8 SUV?
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2020
Yeecar:

Is it possible to use a small compressor for a v8 SUV?
A lot of factors come to consideration when deciding compressor for an engine. It's not by physical size but by compatibility, designed capacity, number of evaporator, etc. So Yes it is possible. Your experience in the work also matters.
Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by revilomichaels(m): 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Another tip

When driving during rainy season, turn off your AC each time you wanna pass through a gully filled with water. Turn the AC back on once you’re out of the ocean. People in PH and AkwaIbom will understand me better

1 Like

Re: Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. by Motorways: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2020
The AC system needs proper vacuuming and quality control/leakage proof checks before refilling the gas. Believe me, most latest AC gas that contain sealants are not good for your car AC system, the reason for this is that the sealants can block your AC evaporator cells, drier filter and condenser cells if the system is not vacuumed before refilling the AC gas. At Motorways Mazel we give you a top notch AC services and repairs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!! Honda Accord 2009 Inspection / My Nissan Armada Gear Has Problem: New or Tokunbo which is better / Road Accident Data In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.