Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court (23155 Views)

N700m Laundering Case: Court Rules Against Ize-iyamu, Insists On Jurisdiction / Olisa Metuh Attends The Matriculation Of His Adopted Child In Abuja Wit Crutches / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You forgot to tell us how much Tinubu stole, from who, from where and where they found the money, we'd love to know so please educate us...

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Dedetwo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Blindersoff:

Former PDP spokesman, Mr Olisa Metuh, at the Federal High Court in Abuja on February 25,

Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja has convicted Mr Olisa Metuh and found him guilty of all the charges filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

In a ruling which lasted hours on Tuesday, the trial judge took his time to take the counts in the N400 million fraud case against the former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The EFCC charged Metuh, who is standing trial alongside his company, Destra investment, with seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of said fund which he received from the office of the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

Justice Abang explained that the actions of Colonel Dasuki led to the criminal breach of trust and official corruption involving Metuh.

He said the former PDP spokesman lacked any documentary evidence to show that former President Goodluck Jonathan authorised the release of N400 million purportedly for security reasons without a contractual agreement.

According to the trial judge, the prosecution need not have any evidence of Dasuki’s conviction before pushing for Metuh’s conviction.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/25/breaking-court-finds-olisa-metuh-guilty-of-all-charges-in-n400m-fraud-case/

How is Colonel Dasuki (rtd) sitting comfortable at home while Metuh is being convicted?
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Dedetwo(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
bergs2:
And Dasuki is discharged and acquitted.

Inside life!

Purely Nigeria.
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Dollabiz: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigeria a country where politicians are guilty and walking free
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by bizzibodi(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Next time he will keep his pfucking mouth shut!
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Please, lock him up and throw away the keys.

[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by maasoap(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
rockyh:
in ur bedroom court with his status as a former president

What a mentality!
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Dedetwo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
ybalogs:
Not acquitted yet.

He is the principal figure in all these debacles. Olisa Metuh collected the least amount of money compared to the sum collected by the elite politicinas from the northern region of Nigeria. When Nigeria explodes people will start to pose idiotic questions such as how did we get to this point. Nigeria is bound to explode.
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Quaddafi29: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Okon Abang? Hahaha. What did u expect?
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by chigoizie7(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oya let him go and join or ji uzor kalu in beans eating competition
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by maasoap(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
gabolak:
Give only jail term no option of fine pleaseeee

He was given option to enter into the plea bargain just like rest, to just return the money in installments. He refused. Thinking that by bringing in Jonathan, the case would be dropped. He even chewed his confessional statement he made at the EFCC office, claiming that he made it under duress.
Later, his lawyer asked for plea bargain when it was clear that Jonathan wouldn't step inside the court but FG/EFCC told them that the offer was off the table for good. How ironic?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Opexzy:
Another one (DJ Khalid's voice). If you can do the crime be ready to do the time behind bars.

How long can his years behind bars be.. A 2 or 3 years?

One was recently given maximum of 12 years o. Metuh won't serve less than 10 years at a stretch given the kind of trouble he gave the judges, courts, FG and EFCC. He changed judges like sim cards. He is equally the pioneer of coming to court in either wheelchairs or neck braces. He really made enemies for himself, even in PDP circles. The moment he was bent on dragging in Jonathan was the moment he became an outcast in SE, SS and among PDP stakeholders and members.

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Of course he's guilty. We all know that.

When is he going to jail. That's my concern.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

I don't think so. Jonathan could have been subpoenaed if it was necessary to get his testimony.

It's still the case of very sacred cows.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Jonathan will have his day in court one day. Mark my words.

He is the grandfather of them all.

Nothing is worse than an ineffectual leader who also steals.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Doyin2(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
bergs2:
And Dasuki is discharged and acquitted.

Inside life!

Lazy youth.

Dasuki was only granted bail,his trial still on.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Threw him under the proverbial bus.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by maasoap(m): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gboom:
Let put sentiment aside.
This government is only jailing Christians even those governors from the North are Christians.
What of former Bauchi governor, other northern governors that were indicted?

I hail thy! Dumbasss! In what ways have those Christian ones impacted positively on your life? Only if you know the kind of hard life that awaits you and your children in this country courtesy of these Muslim and Christian looters of common resources, you wouldn't see the difference between them.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

I'm not going to compare Jonathan and Abacha.

They both plunged Nigeria into woe.

They both will suffer endless pain for what they've done. That's assured
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Urchman200: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
That is the difference between an igboman and the other tribes in Nigeria, igboman will like to see his corrupt brothers end up in jail while others will like to show subtle support to a corrupt man, how Nigeria go take better 4 us?
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

It will come. Mark my words.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Doesn't matter where he is from. If he is guilty he should rot in jail.
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Jidenna20: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Do you know the difference between acquitted and out on bail?
[/s]
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by rockyh(m): 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
maasoap:

What a mentality!
as it stands now the judiciary of Nigeria is a play ground for who is who and who get mouth pass
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Nastofar(f): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mymynd4u:
Damnnnnn niggarrr werey Omo ale Omo uniben

Shey damn niggarrrrrrrrrrrr no dey tire u ooo

Wait shey u don dey use 6g,na every thread u go. Dey So na you get time in? Lolzzz. damn nigarrrrrr dey comment, you too dey follow am for yansh dey read. Afi bi eshinshin ati Igbe

U this uniben level student, 2 years to come now, u will. Be contemplating on commiting suicide or start jamb afresh..

U no dey read, always commenting on every thread...

Shey a fi se ni? grin

Slawormir slawormirrrrrrrrr slawormirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shey o ya werey ni? grin

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by supercase1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Jail him
Give him the
Umar Abdul Mutallab treatment.
You nor go fit differentiate between day and night for inside jail

My nigggar am done with school. Am done with old programming language. I don finish school since. Nysc is done and dusted.

So as a real niggarrr am into bombing now. Maybe later a niggarrr can decide to acquire more degree. But now money on my mind.
I don't use a 6G
I use a MacBook Pro with Airtel
So am always online and the internet speed is that of light
How una dey take do the bombing sef
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by DelphiOracle(m): 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Jail him
Give him the
Umar Abdul Mutallab treatment.
You nor go fit differentiate between day and night for inside jail

My nigggar am done with school. Am done with old programming language. I don finish school since. Nysc is done and dusted.

So as a real niggarrr am into bombing now. Maybe later a niggarrr can decide to acquire more degree. But now money on my mind.
I don't use a 6G
I use a MacBook Pro with Airtel
So am always online and the internet speed is that of light
must u mention the old programming language? Leave our uniben alone o
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Lovelyn451(f): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mymynd4u:
Damnnnnn niggarrr werey Omo ale Omo uniben

Shey damn niggarrrrrrrrrrrr no dey tire u ooo

Wait shey u don dey use 6g,na every thread u go. Dey

U this uniben level student, 2 years to come now, u will. Be contemplating on commiting suicide or start jamb afresh..

U no dey read, always commenting on every thread...

Shey a fi se ni? grin

Slawormir slawormirrrrrrrrr slawormirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shey o ya werey ni? grin

how does it affect you? Yoruba and insult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lovelyn451:
how does it affect you? Yoruba and insult

Does it concern u?! **

Igbo and amebo...

Mind ur business and live long or do amebo n die young

Choose one jare.
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Gamelord007: 12:34am On Feb 26, 2020
okeyumez:
Good news but i really pity Olisa metu. He is still a learner in corruption. He should have consulted TA Orji and his idiotic son for tutorials in WICKEDNESS, STEALING and LOOTING SKILLS.

I am only concerned about my state where criminals in power with PHD in looting skills have made life miserable for the people of Abia.
By the time this government is done with TA Orji and family, they will hate anything leadership position even after reincarnation.

Olisa metuh is guilty. Their is no need to pity him. He knew exactly what he was doing ,going to court only to hide it in pretense . A lady was a witness that day when the money abt $2,000,000 in ghana must go bags were transferred to his company account ( Destra investment limited ). He looks pitiable but thats just a physical deception .
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by mohims(m): 9:46am On Feb 26, 2020
Blindersoff:
Jail sentence being waited for...

FFK you are next!!!
Correct! I can't wait to see that son of a gun convicted too
Re: Olisa Metuh Guilty Of All Charges In ₦400 Million Fraud Case - Court by Lovelyn451(f): 10:41am On Feb 26, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Does it concern u?! **

Igbo and amebo...

Mind ur business and live long or do amebo n die young

Choose one jare.
if only u know this advice is actually for you...hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Jailbreak: 85 Fleeing Inmates Return / Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 15 Passengers In Imo / Aisha Buhari Is Neither Pregnant Nor Sick - Sulaiman Haruna (Aide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.