Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (41591 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by vezycash(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
roundman:
The best news i have heard today.

From this govt? Best news all year
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Oludon20: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerians should try to be a little patriotic. I am a living witness to what NERC can do. NERC forced PHCN to cancel about 400k bill on my compound due to estimated billing and told them to install a meter in my compound or collect 5k monthly bill from us as against 35k they were bringing. All I did was just visit their office n they directed me on what to do. I did not know anybody there,I did not pay a Kobo to anybody, no lawyer.......nothing and they arranged a sort of tribunal where PHCN was like in a on a hot sit(many other complainants were also present for their own case). There are good structures in this country and there is hope for this country but unscrupulous elements who benefit from these things try not to make it work,but I tell u NERC is different. Just a little Patriotism from us and we are better for it

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Powersurge: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
NwekeUG:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nerc-abolishes-estimated-billing-by-discos/

That logo is an eyesore. A bulb that belongs to a brand on a seal of national agency.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by bizhop01: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by carpdiemz: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
neolboy:
Forget about this shit. how on earth are a country be assuming electricity consumption without meter. Please help me tell BEDC Akure chapter to share their prepaid meter because my mum is bitterly complaining of the huge estimate billing.

BEDC please share the freaking prepaid meter in Akure for God's sake

They won’t share oh better tell ur mum to apply for it to reduce headache those people are another problem we have in Nigeria
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Nadio2019: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Story.

EEDC is going about removing prepaid meter under the guise that it doesn't read when voltage is low. Now they remove the prepaid and place you on estimated billing as they don't have meters to replace d existing one.

U tell me EEDC will heed this ban?

Implementation is d real deal not all these rules

It's more of a criminal enterprise than electricity provider.

1 Like

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by kevoh(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Any eediot that tells you the average Nigerian can not pay for electricity give him/her a big knock on his head. angry angry You are estimating 10k, 15k, 20k per month for people while on prepaid non-heavy users hardly consume 2 to 3 k worth of light per month. With the prepaid meter, everyone can afford to pay for electricity.

7 Likes

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by davillian(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
How do we contact this man
Because I want follow them drag o
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by mypains: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bakerdav:
yes o, let them give everyone prepaid meter
na discos dey prevent prepaid meter circulation. I am inside and I know.

1 Like

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by mypains: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Story.

EEDC is going about removing prepaid meter under the guise that it doesn't read when voltage is low. Now they remove the prepaid and place you on estimated billing as they don't have meters to replace d existing one.

U tell me EEDC will heed this ban?

Implementation is d real deal not all these rules
the problem with you Nigerians is that you don't know how to contact the right authorities when held by jugular.

Have u written to NERC about this? They tell you bare face lies that it does not read well during low voltage and you allow them?

Some times I wonder the kind school una go.

5 Likes

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by asahnwaKC: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mad ohhh smiley
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by ikorodureporta: 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Complete nonsense! If u're not being charged according to the power you consumed, it's still estimated billing.

Look at my area, a year ago, our bill was around 5k, but for abt 4 months now it has been around 8k + per flat... which light I use, even if u supplied for 10hrs per day? Them go just say you use 400kw & give you nonsense bill
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by GamalNasser: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is something useless Fashola could not do !!!!! Instead he joined them in extortiing the masses
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by ChaDiv: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Reassuring news indeed. I pray it be utterly implemented. The masses go get this dividend for once. These discos have so ripped our monies.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Prophet777: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
Implementation and enforcement would become an issue here.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by faithfull18(f): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
They have been stopping it since 19 gogoro.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by marca(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
Pls I ve interest my number pls 08032582320
JustinOwen:
I just hope this will take effect immediately. Those guys wan murder people with their estimated nonsense.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to learn internet marketing or looking for a side hustle, there's a link in my signature that

could be of help to you. The same has helped me to solve my financial troubles. Just copy the link in my signature and paste in your browser. Good luck.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by mechanics(m): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nice one, a link should have been provided to report any Disco officials who does not abide by the new directive.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by yom2(m): 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
helinues:
Good one. Hope it will take effect immediately

na my head and other innocent Nigerians catch them so. The kind crazy bills wey them carry come this season.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good thinking, good product. This will surely make the distribution companies invest more money into the sector and ultimately correct the mistake the Jonathan administration made by selling the distribution right to those that do not have the capability or do not wish to invest heavily because they are making lots of gains off people on estimated Billings
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by ajani68: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
mechanics:
Nice one, a link should have been provided to report any Disco officials who does not abide by the new directive.
Google NERC you will see their website, working perfectly.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Bimpe29: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Story...
They can say a whole lot of things, but they will ultimately not implement same.
They say but will not do what they say.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by jimmynauty: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
helinues:
Good one. Hope it will take effect immediately

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by jamesharryson(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is just to make our minds settle and then we allow them fix the meters, then they will increase the tariff plans
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by EagleSquare1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
After years of wanton rip off!
Conniving fraudsters, that’s what NERC is!
Incompetent criminals! Nigerians have cried and screamed for years and years on, and it is now that NERC knows to abolish estimated billing. What’s the big deal in providing meters to customers? Why were already produced meters not part of the privatisation deals?
I have a sister who was billed not less than 30-40 thousand naira monthly for a 2-bedroom apartment.
NERC has been a pain in the neck...and the a—!

NwekeUG:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nerc-abolishes-estimated-billing-by-discos/
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Chikpat(m): 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good news. This sounds sweet. The people will love it. DISCOs wont love this...EEDC is the worst disco in Nigeria and I am sure they dont like this

1 Like

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by oruma19: 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Some criminals make their money from this deal, they will frustrate any effort to make metering work in nigeria. There is no light and we pay estimated tarrifs every month. They will even he threatening to cut u off from "nothing" ...useless country
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by smileyoo: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
First good news of the year, in bubu's riotous government .
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by atiku07(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
All this na skamanje untill the meter is made available in open market like GSM then a solution would be in sight ! if not we would keep moving in circles
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Harunabisanti(m): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good and brilliant news. Hope to take effect immediately
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by kayusely70(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
I hope this will stop the sheer exploitation by the Discos.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Celly2020: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
This sounds like April fool news to me but if not congratulations to my co- estimated billers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Under Fire For Saying He Won’t Receive PMB Today / Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy / Bianca Ojukwu Having A Vacation In Cuba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.