Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (41588 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by SLOVFO(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Where can one get an official copy of this circular? I need to make copies of it for reference purposes. Estimated billing is tantamount to daylight robbery
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by eclectic90: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
These people are not serious. If they want to be serious, they should do massive media campaign, radio, television, social media in all languages do that everybody will be informed. If they can even do town crier style self, they should do. You can't just pass information when 90% of the people that will benefit from it can't access the information. If they are seriously and they engage in massive media campaign, the DisCos will know that they Don buy bad market when people begin to challenge them when they bring all those outrageous bill and people will refuse to pay. Otherwise, this one will not work because the discos will still continue stealing from the consumers. My bill went from an average of 16k to almost 27k in a 2bedroom flat this January, why, I don't know. I don't even have AC or anything that consumes power. Worse is I can't even boast of 6hrs of light in a day.

4 Likes

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Kayharry(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
They start already
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by ise82(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Buhari n APC scam
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by brownbib(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Where is PHEDC?
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Beedude(m): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
TGM2015:
Good news to me and my whole estate. I think someone sent the softcopy of instruction to me earlier today.

I just need to get to study the document and know how best to deal with to PHCN guys.
Can u forward this to my mail.? Bolajifemmy@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by oginnade: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Imagine, I recieve bill that's more than my room n parlour monthly rent. I feel like shooting a nepa official.
What a nonsense. Light wey I no see.
Heat everywhere they seal up the light.
I've been buying 15lts fuel daily.
God punish them
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by promotervickky(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
Beedude:

Can u forward this to my mail.? Bolajifemmy@gmail.com.
Thanks

When you receive pls send to my mail too
Victorynickky@gmail.con
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by israelmao(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Power sector of Nigeria is closely related with SARS and the entire NPF.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by ubox: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Story.

EEDC is going about removing prepaid meter under the guise that it doesn't read when voltage is low. Now they remove the prepaid and place you on estimated billing as they don't have meters to replace d existing one.

U tell me EEDC will heed this ban?

Implementation is d real deal not all these rules
Aren't there meant to ensure the voltage is high, nawa oh
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Reelnah: 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
If they don't obey this order, nah curse go kill them all.
They are Heartless human being with that their estimated bill.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by luluosas(m): 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
BEDC is the worst among them.
neolboy:
Forget about this shit. how on earth are a country be assuming electricity consumption without meter. Please help me tell BEDC Akure chapter to share their prepaid meter because my mum is bitterly complaining of the huge estimate billing.

BEDC please share the freaking prepaid meter in Akure for God's sake
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by luluosas(m): 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
Let's wait and see
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by mickool(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good news of the year 2020..
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by RemKen: 12:44am On Feb 26, 2020
neolboy:
Forget about this shit. how on earth are a country be assuming electricity consumption without meter. Please help me tell BEDC Akure chapter to share their prepaid meter because my mum is bitterly complaining of the huge estimate billing.

BEDC please share the freaking prepaid meter in Akure for God's sake

BEDC is the worst of all the DISCOs as much as I know, finger crossed as I watch how to handle the issue this time
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by emi14: 3:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Which consumers fall under R1, R2 and C1
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by emi14: 3:14am On Feb 26, 2020
Which customers fall under categories R1, R2 and C1?
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by emi14: 3:18am On Feb 26, 2020
eclectic90:
These people are not serious. If they want to be serious, they should do massive media campaign, radio, television, social media in all languages do that everybody will be informed. If they can even do town crier style self, they should do. You can't just pass information when 90% of the people that will benefit from it can't access the information. If they are seriously and they engage in massive media campaign, the DisCos will know that they Don buy bad market when people begin to challenge them when they bring all those outrageous bill and people will refuse to pay. Otherwise, this one will not work because the discos will still continue stealing from the consumers. My bill went from an average of 16k to almost 27k in a 2bedroom flat this January, why, I don't know. I don't even have AC or anything that consumes power. Worse is I can't even boast of 6hrs of light in a day.

We have local government agencies and traditional rulers soundly educated most times. Mine is a practicing lawyer.
They should summon their people and relate these information to them.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Babatwo2: 3:59am On Feb 26, 2020
citygarden:
I don't believe in them. If so, the best news for the month. But if otherwise, hmmmmmm
Good news
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by TGM2015: 6:44am On Feb 26, 2020
Beedude:

Can u forward this to my mail.? Bo***'**my@gmail.com.
Thanks
I have asked someone to send to you, please confirm receipt.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Beedude(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2020
TGM2015:

I have asked someone to send to you, please confirm receipt.
Thanks seen

1 Like

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by 4gunners(m): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2020
Very pleasant news to hear. Those Discos are just going about fleecing people of their hard earned money. I was at one of the IKEDC office recently, and heard of the marketer talking about target, which means: it doesn't matter the energy consumed in that area, all that matters is ensuring money generated meets the expected revenue.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by showmethemoney(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2020
I don't believe it yet until I see this in action
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by TrendsSecurity: 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Especially Ikeja Electric! If you see the way they keep coming every week to disconnect light even when you kust paid 8K the penultimate week. This is no gainsaying, It's a personal experience, I've instructed them to stop billing me, I'm not using their light again
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by edoairways: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
eclectic90:
I agree with you on this. I remember when NERC gave a similar directive last year, the disco didn't comply
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by edoairways: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
4gunners:
Very pleasant news to hear. Those Discos are just going about fleecing people of their hard earned money. I was at one of the IKEDC office recently, and heard of the marketer talking about target, which means: it doesn't matter the energy consumed in that area, all that matters is ensuring money generated meets the expected revenue.
The marketer is right, these discos have target like we see in the banking industry. Each district under Ikeja axis is apportioned certain amount per month.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by edoairways: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
RemKen:

BEDC is the worst of all the DISCOs as much as I know, finger crossed as I watch how to handle the issue this time
As ehen dem worst pass Enugu Disco.
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by edoairways: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oludon20:
Nigerians should try to be a little patriotic. I am a living witness to what NERC can do. NERC forced PHCN to cancel about 400k bill on my compound due to estimated billing and told them to install a meter in my compound or collect 5k monthly bill from us as against 35k they were bringing. All I did was just visit their office n they directed me on what to do. I did not know anybody there,I did not pay a Kobo to anybody, no lawyer.......nothing and they arranged a sort of tribunal where PHCN was like in a on a hot sit(many other complainants were also present for their own case). There are good structures in this country and there is hope for this country but unscrupulous elements who benefit from these things try not to make it work,but I tell u NERC is different. Just a little Patriotism from us and we are better for it
You were lucky that day
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Mosesibb: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
ADEC is still sharing estimated bill to us oh and have refused to meter us, they just bring their estimated bill now to us, and write with a pen that we should pay #20,000 naira �‍♀️�‍♀️ but the monthly current charge is #4500 on the bill. And our net is 165,000, for over 6 months last year we no get light transformer blow but they keep bringing bills and all those bills make up that 165,000, January they gave us #31,000 and this month because Govt said they should not give people estimated bill again they reduce the bill to #4500� this people are criminals. We will pay only that #4500 thunder fire them with that 20,000 they wrote there� Na Ogun go kill them

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Mizwisdom(f): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
Oludon20:
Nigerians should try to be a little patriotic. I am a living witness to what NERC can do. NERC forced PHCN to cancel about 400k bill on my compound due to estimated billing and told them to install a meter in my compound or collect 5k monthly bill from us as against 35k they were bringing. All I did was just visit their office n they directed me on what to do. I did not know anybody there,I did not pay a Kobo to anybody, no lawyer.......nothing and they arranged a sort of tribunal where PHCN was like in a on a hot sit(many other complainants were also present for their own case). There are good structures in this country and there is hope for this country but unscrupulous elements who benefit from these things try not to make it work,but I tell u NERC is different. Just a little Patriotism from us and we are better for it

Hello, which state are you in?
Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Oludon20: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

DELTA state,Asaba

Re: NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos by Oludon20: 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Asaba,Delta state
Mizwisdom:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Communique Of The Meeting Of Southern Governors Forum Held On 5/7/2021 / Cubana Chief Priest Campaigns For Sanwo Olu, Storms Campaign Ground / James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.