Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat (82977 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Deontay Wilder: My Costume Casused My Defeat / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by linx123: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
Deontay Wilder blames huge ring walk costume for defeat by Tyson Fury

Deontay Wilder says 40-pound costume left his legs dead in a seventh-round TKO loss to Tyson Fury

LAS VEGAS — Deontay Wilder wanted to make his ring walk prior to his fight with Tyson Fury on Saturday special and wore a 40-pound costume as a tribute to Black History Month. But Wilder said the costume was too heavy and was the reason that he didn’t have his legs under him in his seventh-round TKO loss to Fury.

He said he will go to Africa at the end of March on vacation and plans to exercise his rematch clause for a third fight with Fury. He said he’ll get back to boxing once he returns from Africa.

Wilder also said he is upset with assistant trainer Mark Breland for throwing in the towel to stop the fight and suggested that Breland will no longer be part of the team on fight night. He said he was displeased with the work of referee Kenny Bayless, who took a point from Fury in the fifth round, and went out of his way to congratulate Fury on his performance.

Wilder was knocked down in the third round of the heavyweight title fight by a straight right hand and then again in the fifth with a left hook to the body. His balance seemed off for much of the fight, and he slipped several times and went down two times in addition to the official knockdowns.

He said he wasn’t hurt by the punches and wanted the chance to continue. As Yahoo Sports reported on Sunday, he did not suffer a concussion, a broken ear drum or a broken jaw. The only physical injury he had was a two-centimeter cut that was closed with seven stitches.

Source: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/deontay-wilder-says-40-pound-costume-left-his-legs-dead-in-a-seventhround-tko-loss-to-tyson-fury-215534451.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Nbote(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ur pride went before ur fall... No make excuses... Fury wildly beat u up like who stole fone.. Dis second pix depicts it all

355 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by ursullalinda(f): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Were you forced to wear the costume?.....or u didn't feel the weight while putting it on....just accept defeat and move on.....this one you wan come Africa?......seems he has heard about our juju....hahaha.

275 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Sirheny007(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Immediately I saw him sweating in the heavy costume,
I knew he has lost.
Plus man talked too much.

232 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Slawormir: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Him don lose
Fucker
And the fuckker was saying our real niggarrr ( Anthony Joshua) was running around the ring

See him now.....
Why can't you run around the ring and fuckkk Tyson fury just the way our real niggarrr fuckkked Andy ruiz

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by bigt2(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
He talks too much, even after he got his ass whooped! grin grin grin

Shebi he be heavyweight? Why complaining about the heaviness of the costume?

220 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Emekuslala1: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Zico5(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Medicine after death. Everyone has excuse for failure. No one wants to own up to their failure. I read u swear with God name. Kindly carry ur cross my man and vanish into the oblivion. The planet is not for urs alone

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Firstcitizen: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oga man up, accept your loss and bounce back. That's what real champs do

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Nikiballerz: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Excusez la moi undecided

Sound like Same stupid excuse fans of different clubs are making cos Liverpool keeps winning as they intend to break arsenal's FRAUD INVINCIBLES 49 match unbeaten record

32 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by abiolert(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
See beating, no be only costume, we force you wear am? Supposing you win we for nor hear word.

17 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Mopolchi: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Olee ni e

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by EcoBrick: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Na so. Who send you? Hehe hehe.

18 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by NORSYK(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Brother take the defeats in stride , don’t give any excuses, it just make you look weak.
Keep your strength for another battle, and learn from the loss to make you better next time.

8 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by durubennie(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ehya I'm crying
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by kestolove95(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Guy u should thank that guy that threw that towel if not na ur corpse dem for carry leave that ring.... What a beating

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by TheChameleon: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin

Just like a typical chestbeater... always finding excuses for defeat and cowardice.

I can bet this boy is from a muddy region in Nigeria. undecided

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Emekuslala1: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Him don lose
stop this thing now undecided

5 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by hisexcellency34: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
But it didnt cause your defeat when you were knocking out others with your right hand killer punch abi? Your next fight, kukuma come out naked

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Dollabiz: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Their is time to win and time to lose stop looking for excuses and prepare ahead for next challenges

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by EmekaBlue(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin grin

ur costume manager should be queried

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Puvo: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Las las my comment enter first page grin

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by elobrave17: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oga you collect enough beating.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by bamysquare(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
talk is cheap ...fools talk loud before fight , the proud talk loud after fight, the wise don't talk at all.......

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by wamide042(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
The Bottomline is that you were beaten blue black...
case closed....

7 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by fabuloz1(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Can someone tell this guy to sharap already

3 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Riele(f): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin Yen yen yen

I can't wait for my Anthony to defeat you .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
OK. Ur village people caused it.. Blive me

Guy see make I yarn u d truth, if u wan beat fury or Joshua sef, u need to give me, Riele, MZrapper, slawormir, petyprincess and smartchoiice 15 percent of ur wealth... If not, na dis fight go carry go retirement

Yes I mean it..

Last Time I met with Mark Breland, I warned him severally that he shud always mind his business. I gave him a stern warning abt the benefits of minding his business and the repercussions.

He was just blowing grammer Abi na grammar and he wudnt let me talk.

When I was abt to tell him not to do anytin stupid on the fight night, he shut me up and told Us police to arrest me..

Now, I am typing from Las Vegas police prison now, I will be freed tonight..

But it's better Han naija cell ssha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Architectben34(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Excuses

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by PlayerMeji: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Wilder the HUMBLE ONE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Emiliano Sala: Body Found In Plane Wreckage! (Photo & Video) / Victor Moses Dribble Brought Harry Kane To The Ground. See Reactions On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.