Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat (82983 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Deontay Wilder: My Costume Casused My Defeat / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Numerouno94(m): 12:07am On Feb 27, 2020
BlindAngel:

I ve been seeing people thanking God and they guy that threw the towel, that the towel really saved him. I'm confused and lost here but how did the towel saved him? I'm so sorry to ask but I would really loved to know

Throwing a towel in boxing means to accept defeat thereby bringing d match to an abrupt end. His corner men will tell d ref to end d match. Nd this usually hapns wen u feel ur fighter cannot continue wit d fight cos his bn pounded by his opponent to d point of death. It is done in oda to stop further damages which may lead to death or severe complications.

In Wilder's case his corner man had to tell d ref to stop d fight cos it was certainly obvious dat Fury was goin to kill Wilder.thus,d match had to b stopped. The beating Wilder received was insane.He had a broken ear drum"he was bleeding severely frm his left ear",a broken jaw,a torn lip,a swollen eye e.t.c. Nd he culd barely stand on his feet.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by OyinO: 1:23am On Feb 27, 2020
No costumes caused any unexpected defeat. YOU run your mouth like water. Accept your defeat in good fate. Dazzol!
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by kayjay69(m): 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
Exactly bro. Which is why in a way I feel for him.

Whatever he makes over these 3 fights will be his biggest payday but will never compare to what he would have made against AJ.

Boxers put their bodies through hell. It is, at the very least, important for them to make a very comfortable earning to allow them cater to their health which 8 out 10 times, fails as they grow older. Only a handful have been healthy as they aged.
Numerouno94:

Ur right bro. Jux imagine d numba of fights Wilder has unda him at such an early age. He has 42 fights in jux 33yrs,this shows he was jux fightin amateurs in oda to pad up his stats.Ortiz who is far older self has abt 31 fights unda him...

If he fails to get his belt from Fury,he will hv to climb up d ladder in oda to hv a shot at d title,which means he is likely to face sum of d guys he has bn ducking lyk Dillian Whyte,Parker,Povetkin,even Ruiz.....I dnt see him defeating sum of dis guyz.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by KomonSense: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
BlindAngel:

I ve been seeing people thanking God and they guy that threw the towel, that the towel really saved him. I'm confused and lost here but how did the towel saved him? I'm so sorry to ask but I would really loved to know

Defintion of [b]Throw in the towel [/b]means

1) to admit that you are defeated or cannot do something any more:
Example : Jim beat me for the fourth time, so I threw in the towel.

2) to stop trying to do something because you have realized that you cannot succeed:
Example Three of the original five candidates for the Democratic presidential nomination have now thrown in the towel.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Hero2k9: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2020
Bros accept ur defeat, Fury beats you blue/black. Expect another KO from Fury.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Amujale(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Firstly, eventhough i accept that Deontay Wilder supposed to take the full responsibility for that pathetic excuse with regards a costume, that was his PR that got it completely wrong for trying to find excuses.

Assuming they took their 'L' on the night and sat back and investigated the bout, they probably would've seen what the analyst have discovered.

Boxing analyst have accused Tyson Fury of having suspect gloves in both his fights against Deontay Wilder.

The analyst claim that Tyson Fury was punching with his bare knuckles from an incorect part of his gloves, as he somehow managed to place his lead fist at the lower part of his glove.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Amujale(m): 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Deontay Wilder is the real hero in that bout, the toughest chin in the HW division.

He kept on fighting, and stuck in there regardless of not knowing what we all know today.

In a way its good that the corner threw in the towel because if they didnt and Wilder got his second whnd and pulled off a stunning stopage, these type of dangerous tricks wouldnt have been lent to us, in order to enhance our awareness in the sports of boxing.

Overall, for the mere fact that he stood on his feet, knock down, wobly or not, he stood on his feet the whole fight, that was Deontay Wilders best performance till date.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Amujale(m): 1:40am On Mar 02, 2020
Deontay Wilder's ring walk costume that was infact no different to a European medieval suit of armour.

No wonder he says that the heavy armoured suit was responsible for draining much of his fitness.

Both fights shows that Deontay Wilder is a better boxer than Tyson Fury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi's Look After 2-3 Loss To Athletico Madrid / Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Emiliano Sala: Body Found In Plane Wreckage! (Photo & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.