Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat (82979 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Deontay Wilder: My Costume Casused My Defeat / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by nobsalis: 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
bigt2:
He talks too much, even after he got his ass whooped! grin grin grin

Shebi he be heavyweight? Why complaining about the heaviness of the costume?

I tire Ooo" Mr heavy weight dey complain of costume" the statement weak me sha

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by KomonSense: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
kestolove95:
Guy u should thank that guy that threw that towel if not na ur corpse dem for carry leave that ring.... What a beating

If I'm the guy that threw in that towel, i will just resign from his crew after hearing what he said...

What a disrespect!!

I never knew a towel was thrown in until I watched the full highlight.
And to think that the guy who threw in the towel was even a white man .... He shouldn't have in the first place because I wanted Fury to send his boastful ass to the hospital ......

Mtchewwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Jonathan39: 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
He actually looked down on fury
youngreezy:
All dis one na wash...guy u underestimate fury and wm suprise u dat day,beat you like thief.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Enemyofpeace: 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Liar. The guy beated you like a small children
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Jonathan39: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fury is not stronger than wilder, something went wrong even before that fight started. He was weak from the start same way Joshua was against his first fight with ruize. That match might have been fixed. Check wilder Vs fury 2018 fight.
Angelfrost:
Dear Wilder, even if you meet Fury along the road dressed in simple casuals, he will still hand you your dumb ass... Who pass you, don pass you.

You are not weak, just not as strong as Fury... Fury nor be your mate!!! Abeg, go take your panadol.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Awoo88: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Numerouno94:

Activate rematch clause keh?

Naso una hate Wilder reach?. Am sori to say buh Fury will finally kill him if a 3rd fight is activated. Fury no b him mate.
Style makes fight. Wilder needs only to make little adjustment. Learn how to fight on back foot! Work on his head.movement
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by golddare: 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
linx123:
Deontay Wilder blames huge ring walk costume for defeat by Tyson Fury

Deontay Wilder says 40-pound costume left his legs dead in a seventh-round TKO loss to Tyson Fury

Source: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/deontay-wilder-says-40-pound-costume-left-his-legs-dead-in-a-seventhround-tko-loss-to-tyson-fury-215534451.html

You need to thank your trainer for throwing that towel infact it was his act that gave you the mouth or pride to talk now. A trilogy wont be bad at least let's know who is the boss.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Lovelife433(m): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
dis how GOD will cos all our enemy to make a costly mistake dat will lead to their down fall.

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by madridsta007(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Were you forced to wear the costume?.....or u didn't feel the weight while putting it on....just accept defeat and move on.....this one you wan come Africa?......seems he has heard about our juju....hahaha.

AJ lost to Ruiz in the US.
He went to "Africa" and came back to beat Ruiz in the rematch.

Wilder lost to Fury in the US.
He went to "Africa" and came back to .......
If you know, you know.

wink wink

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by ba7man(m): 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jonathan39:
Fury is not stronger than wilder, something went wrong even before that fight started. He was weak from the start same way Joshua was against his first fight with ruize. That match might have been fixed. Check wilder Vs fury 2018 fight.
Nothing went wrong, Fury simply deciphered how to neutralise Wilder's hard hitting right hand.

Wilder has never been a good boxer but he's a hard hitter.

Wilder needs a considerable distance from his opponent to generate adequate power for his punch.......Fury simply closed him up and denied him the luxury of that space.....hence, his power punch wasn't as effective as it's supposed to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Jonathan39: 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
I agree to your analysis. But he was weak and looks miserable from the start
ba7man:
Nothing went wrong, Fury simply deciphered how to neutralise Wilder's hard hitting right hand.

Wilder has never been a good boxer but he's a hard hitter.

Wilder needs a considerable distance from his opponent to generate adequate power for his punch.......Fury simply closed him up and denied him the luxury of that space.....hence, his power punch wasn't as effective as it's supposed to.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Henri8: 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Medicine after death.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Henri8: 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
TheChameleon:
grin

Just like a typical chestbeater... always finding excuses for defeat and cowardice.

I can bet this boy is from a muddy region in Nigeria. undecided
Iti
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Abu213(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Were you forced to wear the costume?.....or u didn't feel the weight while putting it on....just accept defeat and move on.....this one you wan come Africa?......seems he has heard about our juju....hahaha.
������
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Ofemmanu1: 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
Accept our condolences
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by tomdon(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
bigt2:
He talks too much, even after he got his ass whooped! grin grin grin

Shebi he be heavyweight? Why complaining about the heaviness of the costume?

Don't all of them make mouth and talk a tad too much. Why are you people even mentioning his talking
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by bigt2(m): 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
tomdon:

Don't all of them make mouth and talk a tad too much. Why are you people even mentioning his talking
He's a loudmouth, you know this joor. Oooiiinnn! tongue
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Greatfullheart: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
HAHAHA

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by ba7man(m): 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jonathan39:
I agree to your analysis. But he was weak and looks miserable from the start
True, he was nervous.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by excel101(m): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
For giving excuses for his lost, makes me to suspect that there's trace of Nigerian in him.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by abbey621(m): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2020
otipoju:

Na boxing is not orchestrated. Its far too dangerous to be scripted. Wilder willfully ignored the basics of boxing and paid dearly for it against a proper fearless and very technical boxer.

AJ will destroy Fury though. Fury remains a pillow fist.

Go and sleep kid, you must know the legendary Don King and the mafias of New York. Here are some famous shady events in boxing:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/965780-13-most-shocking-scandals-in-boxing-history#slide10
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by otipoju(m): 12:43am On Feb 26, 2020
abbey621:

Go and sleep kid, you must know the legendary Don King and the mafias of New York. Here are some famous shady events in boxing:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/965780-13-most-shocking-scandals-in-boxing-history#slide10

Na so una go dey find trouble. State ur opinion and keep it moving, you dey call somebody papa kid. Better respect yourself.

Tell me that a bleeding ear and all that blood from wilder's nose is scripted. Na Wrestling you call an. All those 4 deaths in the ring last year is scripted. Chairman respect yourself I warn you.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by abbey621(m): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2020
otipoju:

Na so una go dey find trouble. State ur opinion and keep it moving, you dey call somebody papa kid. Better respect yourself.

Tell me that a bleeding ear and all that blood from wilder's nose is scripted. Na Wrestling you call an. All those 4 deaths in the ring last year is scripted. Chairman respect yourself I warn you.

Kid is not by age alone, an ignorant person is also a kid besides I'm also someone's papa and there are quite a few people who can still call me kid, everyone get oga grin grin grin. I'm glad you used wrestling as an example, do you belive with all the scripting in wrestling, the wrestlers still suffer serious injuries shocked shocked shocked shocked SHOCKING! If you no sabi something simply ask and if you can't then stick your warning for your fellow ignoramus!
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Whizzyasqi: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2020
Shattap#
Nigga jx molesting himself.
Heavyweight Champ wey dey complain of Heavy Costume# Shit.
Accept defeat nigga n let's hear word b4 Fury will pounce on u again#
Ponmo lips# mtcheeew
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by BlindAngel: 7:56am On Feb 26, 2020
KomonSense:

If I'm the guy that threw in that towel, i will just resign from his crew after hearing what he said...

What a disrespect!!

I never knew a towel was thrown in until I watched the full highlight.
And to think that the guy who threw in the towel was even a white man .... He shouldn't have in the first place because I wanted Fury to send his boastful ass to the hospital ......

Mtchewwwww

I ve been seeing people thanking God and they guy that threw the towel, that the towel really saved him. I'm confused and lost here but how did the towel saved him? I'm so sorry to ask but I would really loved to know
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by kayjay69(m): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
I even dey pity am small cos you know let's even assume AJ decides to pity him and give him 2 fights he may not be able to generate that buzz that he has had for the past 18 months. And he does not have his belt and I doubt he will get it back from Fury. Na one chance the guy enter, I want to feel sorry for him but he should have taken the offer AJ gave him then.

Let's see how it plays out. But sincerely if he cannot get his belt back, he is truly a goner at 34 his options will be limited. He will have to go back to fighting alot of people to have another shot at the title. Is that something he would want to do? I guess we will see.

Numerouno94:

Bro @ ur last sentence..At d moment Wilder cannot generate any huge paycheck,not even a fight wit AJ can generate dat cos he has lost his belt nd above all everyone has seen d fraud he is. AJ vs Fury is d hottest deal at d moment. Wilder is a gonna.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by stanliwise(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
ursullalinda:
he didn't say he didn't accept defeat na. For real, let people say what they feel like saying.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by seunayantokun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
staga:
Wilder na mumu.

Mark Breland was a 1984 Olympic Gold medalist and former World Champion who suffered a brutal knockout in the hands of Marlon Starling in 1987. He knows what it is to be hit with damaging shots.

Breland saved your life Wilder. If that fight had gone the distance Wilder would have been in a body bag.

PS: Wilder's ancestry shows he is Nigerian. Maybe he wants to come back to collect some stuff like Joshua. By

You tink say Joshua dey come collect something? Naaaaaa. Dat guy na workaholic a beg, Juju wey e no use get to d top na im go helep am stay dere? Juju wey no helep boxers here get anywhere? Naaaaaa
If u say DJ Cuppy dey use Juju for to catch am make am er man, a fit gree small becos dat girl don enter am for mind patapata. No be say a sure o. But their matter resemble one kin one kin.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by otipoju(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
abbey621:

Kid is not by age alone, an ignorant person is also a kid besides I'm also someone's papa and there are quite a few people who can still call me kid, everyone get oga grin grin grin. I'm glad you used wrestling as an example, do you belive with all the scripting in wrestling, the wrestlers still suffer serious injuries shocked shocked shocked shocked SHOCKING! If you no sabi something simply ask and if you can't then stick your warning for your fellow ignoramus!

You can wake a man that is sleeping. You cant wake a man that is pretending to be sleeping. I leave you to your delusions. Cheers.
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by abbey621(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
otipoju:

You can wake a man that is sleeping. You cant wake a man that is pretending to be sleeping. I leave you to your delusions. Cheers.

Have you tried pouring cold water on the man that is pretending to sleep? Cheers grin grin grin
Re: Deontay Wilder: My Heavy Ring Walk Costume Caused My Defeat by Numerouno94(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
kayjay69:
I even dey pity am small cos you know let's even assume AJ decides to pity him and give him 2 fights he may not be able to generate that buzz that he has had for the past 18 months. And he does not have his belt and I doubt he will get it back from Fury. Na one chance the guy enter, I want to feel sorry for him but he should have taken the offer AJ gave him then.

Let's see how it plays out. But sincerely if he cannot get his belt back, he is truly a goner at 34 his options will be limited. He will have to go back to fighting alot of people to have another shot at the title. Is that something he would want to do? I guess we will see.

Ur right bro. Jux imagine d numba of fights Wilder has unda him at such an early age. He has 42 fights in jux 33yrs,this shows he was jux fightin amateurs in oda to pad up his stats.Ortiz who is far older self has abt 31 fights unda him...

If he fails to get his belt from Fury,he will hv to climb up d ladder in oda to hv a shot at d title,which means he is likely to face sum of d guys he has bn ducking lyk Dillian Whyte,Parker,Povetkin,even Ruiz.....I dnt see him defeating sum of dis guyz.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi's Look After 2-3 Loss To Athletico Madrid / Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Emiliano Sala: Body Found In Plane Wreckage! (Photo & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.