Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video (37438 Views)

Gumsu, General Sani Abacha's Daughter In APC Regalia / Femi Fani-Kayode Mocks Dino Melaye With A Throwback Video & Photo / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by maasoap(m): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:
One of the finest, even though we all have our shortcomings
mmb:
and performed well at the same time

You guys are sick, really sick! The same Abacha who created death squad that were eliminating all notable Nigerians who insisted that he should do the right? This man would have turned Nigeria into Iraq if not for his untimely death. He was Saddam Hussein in the making. I'm sure you guys wouldn't know anything about that
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 26, 2020
Some of us here that were born in the year 1997 upwards should just stop talking. My mom told me this guy was a bastard looter and thief many international organisations wanted to even place sanctions on Nigeria like I heard. Sha All our leaders from day 1 till now apart from Yar'adua are all thieves, looters and killers.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 26, 2020
scanado:
I have always loved and respected Gen Sani Abacha, my love just increased now.
Our successive governments keep giving this man a bad name. All they keep telling us is about abacha loot, abacha loot. We have never heard of babaginda loot, abdulsalami loot, obasanjo loot, jonathan loot, Buhari loot, shagari loot, gowon loot. Does it mean they didn't steal or their administration didn't steal? Is it because ABACHA is dead?
We have never heard that fuel pump price was steady and never increased throughout his regime. Dollar rate was steady and we never heard of subsidy. His regime was the last time my community enjoyed power supply till date. The list is endless

You will be surprised to know Shagari, Muritala and Gowon never looted. Obasanjo chop, IBB chop, Abdulsalam chop, Obasanjo came again and chopped again.

Anybody who can come here and praise Abacha must not have been alive or aware during his regime. He was a brutal man, people lived in fear.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by tricksters: 9:54am On Feb 26, 2020
But the same Buhari is building the 2nd Niger Bridge that will save many Igbo lives but we are yet to see your thank you on that but we see your wail of sorrow from way back Abacha Era till now over a road not dualized ?

SciLab:
That was why you kept ever busy Onitsha-Owerri road undualized for years and allowed it claim several lives? That was why you budgeted a measly 1 million naira for all the roads in Eastern Nigeria while stashing billion of dollars abroad. That road killed more people in your tenure than the civil war. I don't know of any Easterner who haven't lost a relative on that road before it was dualized after your miserable death.

Today your good friend and stooge buhari is in power like 'deja vu' and he proclaims your innocence by shouting 'Abacha never stole!' while sycophants like GenBuhari and other online nincompoops applaud. Hopeless Aboki looting machines.

He will join you in hell one day. God willing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by maasoap(m): 9:55am On Feb 26, 2020
GamalNasser:
He was clearly a better President than this Buhari !!!! I will not be surprised that it was Buhari that even looted in the name of this man when he was PTF chairman
GamalNasser:

Buhari doesn't even know what budget actually is

Cheap talks
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

Oga! This your maths na wa! How can you reduce debt by 1843%? If you clear ALL your debts you have reduced it by 100%, where you see 1843% ?
gringringringrin leave am onyenkuzi.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by emkz: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2020
General Abacha, apart from his kleptomaniac tendencies and abuse of human rights, would have been a great leader.

During his time, Nigeria did not borrow a dime, there was no religious crisis or security problems, there was PTF and power was more stable than now. He did not attend most UN meetings, Nigeria was a power bloc in Africa.

Abacha had a Vision 2010 document which had a clear road map towards industrialization and development of Nigeria. Unfortunately, Obasanjo threw it away because he hated Abacha. I think Abacha would have been the champion and executer of restructuring. The regional blocks we speak of today: South-South, North-East, etc, were all Abacha's creation. I hope in our lifetime, we would have a leader with balls like General Abacha...without his predilection for abuse of office.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by TheChameleon: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2020
DAVE5:

"Man of steal" you meant?

Great pun grin Nice! Best response in a while grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by golddare: 9:59am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4067ZjBXVd4

Nigeria don suffer sha. Strict people most times are most corrupt.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by SciLab: 9:59am On Feb 26, 2020
tricksters:
But the same Buhari is building the SE ond Niger Bridge that will save many Igbo lives but we are yet to see your thank you on that but we see you wail of sorrow from way back Abavha Era till now over a road not dualized ?

When it is done with national treasure, we'll weigh for him the number of lives his has taken in the East (negatives) and the infrastructure he says he is building (positive), get the balance and know whether to thank him.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by StreetFight: 10:02am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

Yes, one of the finest because he did not kill a member of your family. Just watch out, judgement is coming on you too.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Itsme0I: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2020
[s]
post=86964638:
One of the top criminals our nation went through hell with.

May it never be well with any politicians that have looted our national treasury, no matter the party they are.
Along with their supporters.
You all will never escape it.
Criminals.

No be curse.
Na FACT!

Dark google wearing devil.
[/s]
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by azadus18: 10:21am On Feb 26, 2020
dia ar many misinformation abt dis Man, dou according to many he is not Good man, but I believe he had sum Good in him ...cuz my uncle dat works as a secret operative under him, Always had some Good stuff to say abt d Man, d way he rules, how he doesn't bow to foreign power etc..Anyway d dead cannot defend itself...God bless Nigeria
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Austeeenxx: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2020
This is Buhari's hero.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by hush15: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4067ZjBXVd4

With this video now, I get the gist.

I kinda agree that Abacha was a no nonsense person. He didn't allow any wasteful spending with public interest at heart. Budgets were generated and well executed with the same public interest, and extra spending were justified if we recount Donald Dukes statements on Abacha. The only ISH is that whatever was left from after budget implementation within the fiscal year was his own largesse. Little did he know he was only helping nigeria to save for the rainy days filled with incompetence and ineptitude.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by DAVE5(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2020
TheChameleon:

Great pun grin Nice! Best response in a while grin

The Country's situation has turned every body to creactive minds

If you had enough to eat, you would not sit to think too much
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by bubudeen: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2020
May his generation rot in hell
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2020
GamalNasser:

Buhari doesn't even know what budget actually is
grin
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by AnanseK(m): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2020
SciLab:
That was why you kept ever busy Onitsha-Owerri road undualized for years and allowed it claim several lives? That was why you budgeted a measly 1 million naira for all the roads in Eastern Nigeria while stashing billion of dollars abroad. That road killed more people in your tenure than the civil war. I don't know of any Easterner who haven't lost a relative on that road before it was dualized after your miserable death.
Today your good friend and stooge buhari is in power like 'deja vu' and he proclaims your innocence by shouting 'Abacha never stole!' while sycophants like GenBuhari and other online nincompoops applaud. Hopeless Aboki looting machines.
He will join you in hell one day. God willing.

Go and ask Professor Chimere ikoku who was the SE Zonal Board Member Of PTF.

The Board Members from each of the 6 zones agreed to have their road rehabilitation contracts given to internationally recognized road construction companies such as Julius Berger , PW and Setraco except the Board Member from your Zone who insisted that they have their own contractors and would not accept Julius Berger or Any other top level construction companies. Ikoku brought his own contractors for the SE roads. Needless to say the money must have been shared and no work was done. Even the road from Umuahia to Ikoku’s hometown in Arochukwu was an uncompleted mess.
Sorry you cannot get the details from Professor Ikoku because he was murdered in his home in Enugu in 2002, possibly related to money matters and deals.
The other PTF board members were Chief Rufus Giwa (SW) , Chief Tayo Akpata( Member Secretary) Professor J.P. Clark (SS), Chief DB. Zang ( NC) , Alhaji Yahaya Gusau ( NW), and Ahmed Talib ( NE).
Go and check for the details instead of making wild unsubstantiated allegations which is the hallmark of people from your Zone.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

Performed how?
Abacha gave birth to the current issues we are facing today.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by desgiezd(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

For someone who died in 1998 and his loot is still being recovered today, he is your finest?
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by teemanbastos(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

Oga! This your maths na wa! How can you reduce debt by 1843%? If you clear ALL your debts you have reduced it by 100%, where you see 1843% ?

Abacha administration became the first to record unprecedented economic achievements:[10] he oversaw an increase in the country's foreign exchange reserves from $494 million in 1993 to $9.6 billion by the middle of 1997, reduced the external debt of Nigeria from $36 billion in 1993 to $27 billion by 1997.

He is largely revered for achieving this, in comparison no other administration before or after the inception of the Fourth Nigerian Republic had been able to achieve this. Abacha also constructed between 25-100km of urban road in major cities such as Kano, Gusau, Benin, Funtua, Zaria, Enugu, Kaduna, Aba, Lagos, Lokoja and Port Harcourt.

Abacha brought all the controversial privatisation programs of the Ibrahim Babangida administration to a halt, reduced an inflation rate of 54% inherited from Ernest Shonekan to 8.5% between 1993 and 1998, all while the nation's primary commodity, oil was at an average of $15 per barrel

[source: Wikipedia]

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by teemanbastos(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2020
emkz:
General Abacha, apart from his kleptomaniac tendencies and abuse of human rights, would have been a great leader.

During his time, Nigeria did not borrow a dime, there was no religious crisis or security problems, there was PTF and power was more stable than now. He did not attend most UN meetings, Nigeria was a power bloc in Africa.

Abacha had a Vision 2010 document which had a clear road map towards industrialization and development of Nigeria. Unfortunately, Obasanjo threw it away because he hated Abacha. I think Abacha would have been the champion and executer of restructuring. The regional blocks we speak of today: South-South, North-East, etc, were all Abacha's creation. I hope in our lifetime, we would have a leader with balls like General Abacha...without his predilection for abuse of office.

Apt.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by teemanbastos(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2020
isthatso:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na true sha.!
Lol
Thanks for this
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by SpartanKing: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2020
xreal:
Abacha: Funding Nigeria from the grave.
yes, he's been funding our national budget while in the grave.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by SpartanKing: 11:56am On Feb 26, 2020
kolaaderin:
One of the worst looters. Which performance are you talking about. Indomie generation who has no knowledge of history will be talking upside down.

The Nigerian Economy, under Sanni Abacha was far more better than his successors': OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ, Buhari! That's to say; Nigeria keeps getting worse everyday!

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 26, 2020
teemanbastos:

Abacha administration became the first to record unprecedented economic achievements:[10] he oversaw an increase in the country's foreign exchange reserves from $494 million in 1993 to $9.6 billion by the middle of 1997, reduced the external debt of Nigeria from $36 billion in 1993 to $27 billion by 1997.

He is largely revered for achieving this, in comparison no other administration before or after the inception of the Fourth Nigerian Republic had been able to achieve this. Abacha also constructed between 25-100km of urban road in major cities such as Kano, Gusau, Benin, Funtua, Zaria, Enugu, Kaduna, Aba, Lagos, Lokoja and Port Harcourt.

Abacha brought all the controversial privatisation programs of the Ibrahim Babangida administration to a halt, reduced an inflation rate of 54% inherited from Ernest Shonekan to 8.5% between 1993 and 1998, all while the nation's primary commodity, oil was at an average of $15 per barrel

[source: Wikipedia]

Were you a conscious grown man during this period? If you wer you will know everybody lived in fear. This is the only period in Nigeria’s history when we were a police state. I remember people were afraid to talk on their phones for fear of being bugged, I remember people just disappearing. So quite frankly I don’t care about economic statistics. What most Nigerians endured during that period does not reflect the statistics you are presenting, the reality is that it was the grimmest period in Nigerian history. As far as roads, I do t know what roads you are talking about because if anything that was the period when the roads in the Sw really decayed.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Blizzykay: 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
BizBayo:
I have never experienced another better economy after this man died. Though he looted our funds, which I won't support. But you can't deny the fact that our economy was much more better than what we have been having after his death.

Do you know abacha stove? I don’t think so
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by aimuan(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Officialgarri:

But you still think Gej is your hero cheesy

Patience Jonathan's $15million

Dasuki, Olisa Metuh and their gang of theieves who got approval from an unknown hero

The 5 star hotels of the Jonathans.

Ayo Oritsejafor private plane stashed with cash grin

We all just have to be grateful that this government had to overlook so many things just for peace and out of respect, if not all past leaders from 1999 would be in jail and not even Namadi Sambo will be left out
why should we be greatfull because government overlooked many things? If the previous administration is corrupt probe them like they do in civilized world.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Caustic001: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
One of the finest? shortcomings that had huge impacts at the people's expense. Op, no let me swear for your papa o!
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Lamoindaclub: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Abacha's death did Nigeria more harm than good. He would have wiped away all these present looters
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by zeuss: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

A thief of a person is only what the tag says nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sporadic Shooting As Policemen Invade Trade Fair Int’l Market In Lagos / Show That You Love Nigeria, Call Tinubu Now, Adewole Adebayo Tells Atiku, Obi / Emeka Ihedioha Chills At A Beer Parlour In Imo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.