Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video (37441 Views)

Gumsu, General Sani Abacha's Daughter In APC Regalia / Femi Fani-Kayode Mocks Dino Melaye With A Throwback Video & Photo / Mustapha Sani Abacha Was Born In Aso Rock To A Sitting Head Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Queseda: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2020
I don't get why those who hail GEJ are cussing Abacha. Y'all claim even though GEJ was corrupt, the economy was much better, why doesn't same apply to Abacha since the economy was even far better than it was under GEJ. I guess you're all deluded then. Abacha is my hero grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2020
Abacha Tenure better pass Buhari's combined tenures.

Shonekan own too...
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by kolaaderin: 8:56am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:
and performed well at the same time
One of the worst looters. Which performance are you talking about. Indomie generation who has no knowledge of history will be talking upside down.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by BotherMleeper(m): 8:59am On Feb 26, 2020
The best leader Nigeria ever had
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Kingkezie: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

How much has been retrieved from GEJ?
What are GEJ's investments that you know?

THANK YOU FOR THAT QST, HOW MUCH HAS ANYBODY RETRIEVED FROM GEJ
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by invectives(m): 9:00am On Feb 26, 2020
post=86964638:
One of the top criminals our nation went through hell with.

May it never be well with any politicians that have looted our national treasury, no matter the party they are.
Along with their supporters.
You all will never escape it.
Criminals.
I Support Mr Dav on this one
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Dpharisee: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2020
post=86964638:
One of the top criminals our nation went through hell with.

May it never be well with any politicians that have looted our national treasury, no matter the party they are.
Along with their supporters.
You all will never escape it.
Criminals.

Your darling daddy worked with him as Head of the agency with the highest allocation PTF.
Your darling daddy even claimed publicly that he never looted grin grin
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Wasky101: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2020
SciLab:
That was why you kept ever busy Onitsha-Owerri road undualized for years and allowed it claim several lives? That was why you budgeted a measly 1 million naira for all the roads in Eastern Nigeria while stashing billion of dollars abroad. That road killed more people in your tenure than the civil war. I don't know of any Easterner who haven't lost a relative on that road before it was dualized after your miserable death.

Today your good friend and stooge buhari is in power like 'deja vu' and he proclaims your innocence by shouting 'Abacha never stole!' while sycophants like GenBuhari and other online nincompoops applaud.

He will join you in hell one day. God willing.
Sadly the military regime did more for Nigeria than any democratic government.
All major infrastructure was built by the military. Even Onitsha Owerri road.
Sad but true
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Btruth: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2020
........but I think he is still much better than PMB or whatever he called himself.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Truthbites: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2020
GamalNasser:
He was clearly a better President than this Buhari !!!! I will not be surprised that it was Buhari that even looted in the name of this man when he was PTF chairman

Far better than Buhari. He was good with the economy...

Though, he killed directly,at least,we all knew that Abacha was a direct killer.. but Buhari kills secretly and indirectly . Buhari is responsible for Nigerians dying from hunger, jumping into third mainland bridge, Yahoo boys killing women or girls for money, Boko Haram killing, continued insecurity, those dying in the Atlantic ocean as they are trying to cross it for greener pastures...we can go on and on..if the economy was ok, u won't leave NIGERIA to die as a slave outside or do yahooyahoo.. say no to Bubu
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Finnese001: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2020
cheesy

please where are those girls that gave this man that apple

please their service is needed now than ever

we have a presidiot worse than this one now

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Kingkezie: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2020
AND IN THE FACE OF ALL THESE, HE WAS BUSY STEALING NIG MONEY LEFT. RIGHT AND CENTER
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by MrALIVE: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Criminal!!!!! See how he is speaking like the Dullard we have currently in aso rock
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Princeton92(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2020
Sadly he controlled it well N things were kinda okay aside for his rule sha BUT he robbed the country badly sha
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by jaxxy(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2020
Officialgarri:

But you still think Gej is your hero cheesy

Patience Jonathan's $15million

Dasuki, Olisa Metuh and their gang of theieves who got approval from an unknown hero

The 5 star hotels of the Jonathans.

Ayo Oritsejafor private plane stashed with cash grin

We all just have to be grateful that this government had to overlook so many things just for peace and out of respect, if not all past leaders from 1999 would be in jail and not even Namadi Sambo will be left out

Abacha is the greatest looter of all time, he only performed better at governance at the initial stages/his 1st term. Then became a menace to society and democracy.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by tommy589(m): 9:13am On Feb 26, 2020
BizBayo:
I have never experienced another better economy after this man died. Though he looted our funds, which I won't support. But you can't deny the fact that our economy was much more better than what we have been having after his death.

How come it is only Abacha looted funds that is been discovered.how come the international communities are not discovering those stolen by his predecessors and those after him?
We should not forget Nigeria was isolated and denied from trade/buying. And also suspended as a member of many international organizations.
Since deposit and payment were no longer easily facilitated through CBN, is it possible that the "stolen"money was used as front to do business on behalf of the country .
Like you said, he was still better than the rest

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Graxie(f): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2020
This man did so much, he built national hospital, gwarimpa estate and Kubwa. In fact most outstanding structures were built by him. How many of our leaders after him have done half of what he did. All of them claimed to be saint yet no good infrastructure. Please Abacha is a great man.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Yxxx: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2020
The funny part nobody knows the truth...
I don't believe politicians...
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by JustinOwen(m): 9:17am On Feb 26, 2020
To be truthful, though this guy was a dictator, but he try for naija matter.

Meanwhile, if you are looking for a side hustle or want to start earning online, there's a link in my signature that might help out. You don't have to ship and sell anything. It is for only those who are ready and determined to earn money.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by SOPIGO: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2020
And u are painting black white.... Intact, where u matured then when Abacha was ruling? How old where u? Same people like are d ones also supporting Buhari with his fail Govt.... How can u camp are failure with failure..... U are the problem of this nation...
Officialgarri:

Dasuki, Olisa Metuh and their gang of theieves who got approval from an unknown hero

We all just have to be grateful that this government had to overlook so many things just for peace and out of respect, if not all past leaders from 1999 would be in jail and not even Namadi Sambo will be left out
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by CodeTemplar: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2020
This man is like blood money. In grave he is still funding our budget and controlling it. In fact he is Nigeria's blood money.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Meritocracy: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2020
And what's his achievement, better road?, better educational?, Refinery working?, Power supply stable?, Stop Almajiri?, Better health sector?. Just mention one achievement upon controlling budget.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Doyin2(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

Like giving Nigeria 24 hr power supply which his loot could have done then.

Our health ,infrastructure and educational facilities where excellent then abi?

Or you think he looted the excess money of industrialising Nigeria?

Or you think prices of goods and exchange rate then determines performance?

Mumu!

Financial illiterates comparing performance of governments,based on prices and exchange rates should stop exhibiting their predicament.

Prices and exchange rates will continue to rise in a developing or undeveloped economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Officialgarri: 9:28am On Feb 26, 2020
SOPIGO:
And u are painting black white.... Intact, where u matured then when Abacha was ruling? How old where u? Same people like are d ones also supporting Buhari with his fail Govt.... How can u camp are failure with failure..... U are the problem of this nation...
I don't need to ask about your age because that's quite irrelevant.

However, I don't see anywhere I claimed Abacha is a saint.
I've only pointed out that someone who stole half a tuber of yam is simply a thief as another who stole a whole tuber.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by emmykk(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2020
Officialgarri:

Am disappointed in you
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by teemanbastos(m): 9:31am On Feb 26, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Your reason like one whose gray matter contains traces of cow dung

Let me summarize his administration briefly.

General Sani Abacha's plot in the nigerian political terrain was noteworthy.

In his regime, the structural adjustment policy was suspended, perceived military rivals were politically paralyzed, career politicians were incarcerated including Chief MKO Abiola after he declared himself president. Influential politicians like General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Shehu Yar'adua were imprisoned for alleged involvement in a coup to unseat him.

In his regime, Nigeria was secure as he disincentivized lawlessness and crime, he suppressed dissenting movements, civil societies went against international expectations by going ahead with the hanging of Ken Saro-Wiwa, the Ogoni activist.

As a de facto Leader, he achieved several economic feats overseeing an increase in the country's foreign exchange reserves, reduced external debts by 1843% and brought down inflation rates, he sumptuously fed on the oil profits accrued from the country's prosperous oil fields stashing monies running into billions of united states dollars all over european banks which are still being recovered in the 21st century by subsequent democratic administrations.

General Abacha reorganized the nation's territory into 6 geopolitical zones and created six more states. He notably had a poor human rights record.

He died in controversial circumstances on June 8 1998.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:

Even Hitler will have his fans. Performed well ko, performed well in.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2020
teemanbastos:

As a de facto Leader, he achieved several economic feats overseeing an increase in the country's foreign exchange reserves, reduced external debts by 1843%

Oga! This your maths na wa! How can you reduce debt by 1843%? If you clear ALL your debts you have reduced it by 100%, where you see 1843% ?
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by DAVE5(m): 9:47am On Feb 26, 2020
TheChameleon:
Abacha, man of steel. cool

"Man of steal" you meant?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:

How much has been retrieved from GEJ?
What are GEJ's investments that you know?

GEJ invested in Ogogoro. Once ogogoro enter, it can’t be retrieved.

1 Like

Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by adebaba5: 9:49am On Feb 26, 2020
mmb:
This is the problem with many Nigerians. Always trying to defend corruption.
Re: 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video by blackboy(m): 9:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Yes he looted. Can anyone pls name one president of this country that has not been corrupt. Even the democratically elected ones are more corrupt or as corrupt. Let's not even mention the one termed saint , he no better.
If you can call Abacha a thief, looter, or corrupt the same goes to all and present leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Chills At A Beer Parlour In Imo. Photos / Buhari Spends Time With His 3 Young Admirers At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Sporadic Shooting As Policemen Invade Trade Fair Int’l Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.