Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil (33934 Views)

Unusual 410 Million-Year-Old Armoured Fish Fossil 'Rewrites History Of Sharks' / Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Stanley1155: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
They use a procedure called carbon dating. I believed it only when I was in school so as to pass my exams period.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Shut up u fool and stop saying nonsense.... Talking trash up and down...close that borehole u call mouth...nonsense... Calculating ur foolishness.

Hmm I can see you are suffering from an illness? Mental illness?

I understand what you are passing through my friend, you know what?
Get off nairaland head straight to where you kept your drugs and take them

I will be praying for

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Reference(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Here they come again, tampering with stuff that clearly shoukd be left in peace....tthen boom a new virus slays a thousand and threatens the world.

1 Like

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
aleeyus:
Like I said earlier, evolution is the most irrational course in science
it should be banned ASAP
grin That a seed or plant is a billion year old? Have all these scientific researchers been alive that long to determine its age?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Pedrotina11: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

Hmm I can see you are suffering from an illness? Mental illness?

I understand what you are passing through my friend, you know what?
Get off nairaland head straight to where you kept your drugs and take them

I will be praying for

Foolish donkey claiming bible scholar, spreading lies and false theology, ur judgement is coming..
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by owila4luv(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
from which book?
Deepfeel:
Thought Christians say the world was created 6'000 yrs ago grin
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Foolish donkey claiming bible scholar, spreading lies and false theology, ur judgement is coming..

This guy are you a christian at all ? How much do you understand the bible? Do you know the story of creation in the bible and have you followed it up from Adam to Jesus? You are dull my friend

If you deny that the world is not 6,020 according to the bible then you don't believe in what your bible says about creation
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
owila4luv:
from which book?
The calculation is done starting from Adam who was created same week good created the world

Genesis 5:5 Adam lived a total of 930 years; then he died. From Adam to Jesus is 4,000 and from Jesus to date is 2020 add it up , that's 6'020 years
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by aleeyus(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
chewwie:

Science should be banned because you don't agree with it? Wow! You're singlehandedly the dumbest person I have ever encountered in my life... And that's saying something for I've met some pretty dumb people.
The theory of evolution, not science in general!
I'm proudly chemist by the way.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

But science deals with facts, religion deals with faith and mysticism

So if science can't be proven with facts then that's not science

And who says it's not proven with facts ? Evolution has been proven and carbon dating is as reliable as the earth is round.
And as per religion , faith should be subjected to test as well unless if it is blind faith

2 Likes

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by atheistandproud(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:
If you mention the age to religionists they'll ask how the scientists were able to deduce the age , bunch of ignorant fools

Common carbon dating. Many Nigerians no go school abeg.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
aleeyus:
it should be banned ASAP
I started reading Darwin's baba, as go no go na him I give up...

1 Like

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by kinzd(m): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oga beat it evolution is the best thing to happen to man it remains a RATIONAL topic for smart pple.
aleeyus:
it should be banned ASAP
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

And who says it's not proven with facts ? Evolution has been proven and carbon dating is as reliable as the earth is round.
And as per religion , faith should be subjected to test as well unless if it is blind faith

In your first comment you called the religionist who will ask how the scientis were able to deduce the age ,ignorant fools , why ? Asking questions to know what you don't know shouldn't make one an ignorant fool,

Yeah faith is blind
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Ghostrye: 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
Microwhy:
Archeology and Evolution are mostly false, lies and assumptions...
Especially Archeology..
Evolution trying to force the existence of dragon on us while Archeology always want us to believe the lies of the lost cities, the king and queens of Egyptian mummies, who was buried and how he/she was buried there..

Assumptions! Assumptions!! Assumptions!!!
It was still okay when people doubted carbon dating because tbh there have been instances where it has been wrong. Even when the big bang and evolution is questioned, it was still fine because there is little factual proof of it, and that kind of proof cannot be understood by the mentality of a typical African(mainly Nigerian). But what you just wrote here is unbelievable, let's not even talk about how wrong what your dragon story is, but calling archeology a lie, there are a lot of things that your mind cannot wrap around, that doesn't mean that they are lies it just means that you have to read more and open your mind and eyes.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Ghostrye: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
chewwie:

Science should be banned because you don't agree with it? Wow! You're singlehandedly the dumbest person I have ever encountered in my life... And that's saying something for I've met some pretty dumb people.
Bruv relax. We know that not everyone deserves a brain, sometimes it's better to just let them act it all out.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by JoshTrillions(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Isnt it funny how religious peeps bash scientists and their "odd views" but are mostly doing that over the internet, using smart phones with data connection from a telecom company; all of which were made possible not by pastors nor priests but these 'unreasonable scientists"
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Skmoda360(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
abluck:
F

T

C
grow up old man undecided
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

In your first comment you called the religionist who will ask how the scientis were able to deduce the age ,ignorant fools , why ? Asking questions to know what you don't know shouldn't make one an ignorant fool,

Yeah faith is blind

Start asking questions about your faith first and your premise doesn't stand about religion , if you claim there's a God then the onus is on you to prove His existence otherwise I'm perfectly in my right to call your bullshit and say he doesn't exist. Your word against mine
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

Start asking questions about your faith first and your premise doesn't stand about religion , if you claim there's a God then the onus is on you to prove Him

Don't turn it on me I didn't tell you I was a religious person, I only pointed it out to you, in the first comment that's not right to say
religionist are ignorant fools , if they ask how scientist deduced the age , you just attacked religious people unnecessarily
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

Don't turn it on me I didn't tell you I was a religious person, I only pointed it out to you, in the first comment that's not right to say
religionist are ignorant fools , if they ask how scientist deduced the age , you just attacked religious people unnecessarily

Let them read up on it from verifiable sources and keep an open mind but knowing them they won't do that so I regard them as fools
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by chewwie(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
aleeyus:

The theory of evolution, not science in general!
I'm proudly chemist by the way.
Chemistry! No wonder, I thought you were an actual scientist. Well, chemistry is a fun way to waste time in a boring afternoon
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

Let them read up on it from verifiable sources and keep an open mind but knowing them they won't do that so I regard them as fools

You don't always have to attack religious folks to make a point , they weren't arguing with you,

Besides accuracy in science is not always 100% that's why as technology advances there are better understanding on certain things past scientists deduced on partly assumptions
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Benprass(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
aleeyus:
it should be banned ASAP
even till now a whole Jesus they still use 2000 years for him this one they are talking about 1 billion like they are the one that creat God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

You don't always have to attack religious folks to make a point , they weren't arguing with you,

Besides accuracy in science is not always 100% that's why as technology advances there are better understanding on certain things past scientists i deduced on partly assumptions

Do you know they are the most abusive set of people I once declared that there was no God in a public gathering and almost everyone present there cussed me out , nah I think they deserve more than that
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

Do you know they are the most abusive set of people I once declared that there was no God in a public gathering and almost everyone present there cussed me out , nah I think they deserve more than that

There are 7.7 billion people in this world and 60% are religious , believe in the supernatural, deity , divine being, 23% are not religious with no beliefs , 13% are atheist ,
So religious believers outnumber unbelievers why should you go around offending people in public why not keep it yourself if you believe there is no God? Its not right
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

There are 7.7 billion people in this world and 60% are religious , believe in the supernatural, deity , divine being, 23% are not religious with no beliefs , 13% are atheist ,
So religious believers outnumber unbelievers why should you go around offending people in public why not keep it yourself if you believe there is no God? Its not right

You're just like them , you don't have an open mind. What if I told you that declaring that there's a God is hurting me , why should I accept your belief , why don't you accept mine ? To make it easier I have told you to prove the existence of your God and you start with vituperations. You say there's God and I say there's no God , why insult me for my choice

1 Like

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

You're just like them , you don't have an open mind. What if I told you that declaring that there's a God is hurting me , why should I accept your belief , why don't you accept mine ? To make it easier I have told you to prove the existence of your God and you start with vituperations. You say there's God and I say there's no God , why insult me for my choice

Did I insult you? You were the one that insulted religious people from your first comment unprovoked, if you say there is no God fine keep it to yourself, don't attack those who believe to make a point

Can you proof there is no God?
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
Deepfeel:

Did I insult you? You were the one that insulted religious people from your first comment unprovoked, if you say there is no God fine keep it to yourself, don't attack those who believe to make a point

Can you proof there is no God?

The burden of proof is on you mate not me , I don't have to prove anything. if I come out and say I have a drug that can cure H.I.V and you say it can't then it is up to me to prove it does , I can not tell you to prove your own point ( that it can not cure H.I.V ). Since you claim a God exist then you have to prove to me He does exist , I hope you get the logic ?
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
virago:

The burden of proof is on you mate not me , I don't have to prove anything. if I come out and say I have a drug that can cure H.I.V and you say it can't then it is up to me to prove it does , I can not tell you to prove your own point ( that it can not cure H.I.V ). Since you claim a God exist then you have to prove to me He does exist , I hope you get the logic ?

There are billions of religions out there with Billon's of gods out there if I tell you am one out of the Billon's of gods out there will you say I don't exist cause I believe am a god? Not every god heals
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Microwhy: 4:30am On Feb 27, 2020
Ghostrye:

It was still okay when people doubted carbon dating because tbh there have been instances where it has been wrong. Even when the big bang and evolution is questioned, it was still fine because there is little factual proof of it, and that kind of proof cannot be understood by the mentality of a typical African(mainly Nigerian). But what you just wrote here is unbelievable, let's not even talk about how wrong what your dragon story is, but calling archeology a lie, there are a lot of things that your mind cannot wrap around, that doesn't mean that they are lies it just means that you have to read more and open your mind and eyes.
Assumptions! Is all my point is trying to proof..
Engineers and scientists always stay within there boundaries with the help of R & D , they won't release statements or organise seminars until it's been verify and proven 68% correct.
But Archeologist, Evolutionists and geographers won't wait to be 50% correct before they will be releasing statements, organising seminars and printing in journals. Because their subject matter or area of concentration is always wide.
Though Quran dealt with most of those topics in detail.
So I am not saying they're lies because some of their findings help shape our today's world but at long run, another person in same field will come and discredit the previous findings.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Microwhy: 4:57am On Feb 27, 2020
virago:

So there are still people who don't believe God exist.. dammmm!
Please start reading English Quran and Alnawawi Hadith collections, you will be amase and I believe you will give your doubt a pause and have a second thought.
Please! Please!! Please!!! Read further with open heart and mind before you conclude and stick to your present believe.

What if you die and you realised that what the sacred books are saying {Quran revealed to Muhammad (SAW).Tawrat revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus)}, about God existence are all true?

No second chance bro. So why don't you be on the safer side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weird Things That Happen During An Eclipse / Team Nigeria Wins Huawei Global Competition / Young Man Showcases The Mini Port Crane He Built From Scratch (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.