Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil (33929 Views)

Unusual 410 Million-Year-Old Armoured Fish Fossil 'Rewrites History Of Sharks' / Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by HajaraIsah0(f): 8:47am On Feb 27, 2020
post=86970079:
Botany students are you in the building?!

This is a very vital info.....

But, We always wonder how they know it is a BILLION or a MILLION year old anyways..

Who was there at their christening

Lol cheesy
You are not far from the truth!

Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 11:29am On Feb 27, 2020
Microwhy:

So there are still people who don't believe God exist.. dammmm!
Please start reading English Quran and Alnawawi Hadith collections, you will be amase and I believe you will give your doubt a pause and have a second thought.
Please! Please!! Please!!! Read further with open heart and mind before you conclude and stick to your present believe.

What if you die and you realised that what the sacred books are saying {Quran revealed to Muhammad (SAW).Tawrat revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus)}, about God existence are all true?

No second chance bro. So why don't you be on the safer side.

First of all , who is your bro ?. Secondly , all your religious books are fake , you are the one to take science with an open mind. The funny thing is you people put your trust in science but still reject it , even your Adeboye will seek medical attention when he falls asleep , why doesn't he get healed by faith You that you're talking will go to a hospital when you fall ill but will be quick to run down science
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Blakjewelry(m): 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
virago:
If you mention the age to religionists they'll ask how the scientists were able to deduce the age , bunch of ignorant fools
LOL can't you see them up there talking trash? They think science is their religion where whatever you say is true without putting it to test
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2020
Blakjewelry:

LOL can't you see them up there talking trash? They think science is their religion where whatever you say is true without putting it to test

They sicken me
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Gaddafi1: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
chewwie:

Only that it's not, carbon dating can only be use for materials less than 50,000 years old, Potassium-40 reads as far as 1.25 billion years, Strontium-87 and Rubidium-87 reads 50 billion years. It's simple science.
Okay, thanks for the information
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by owila4luv(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
the world existed before the creation of adam, read revelation, when God finished creating the world they were no humans only falling angels, that is why he created the garden of Eden specially for man, and after the fall they were subjected to the outside world, who did u think cain married after he was banished wink
Deepfeel:

The calculation is done starting from Adam who was created same week good created the world

Genesis 5:5 Adam lived a total of 930 years; then he died. From Adam to Jesus is 4,000 and from Jesus to date is 2020 add it up , that's 6'020 years
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
owila4luv:
the world existed before the creation of adam, read revelation, when God finished creating the world they were no humans only falling angels, that is why he created the garden of Eden specially for man, and after the fall they were subjected to the outside world, who did u think cain married after he was banished wink

To to let you know the story of creation in genesis is false
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by owila4luv(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
really? which one is real?
Deepfeel:

To to let you know the story of creation in genesis is false
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Deepfeel(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
owila4luv:
really? which one is real?
None is real
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by chewwie(m): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
Gaddafi1:
Okay, thanks for the information
Anytime
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Microwhy: 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2020
virago:

First of all , who is your bro ?. Secondly , all your religious books are fake , you are the one to take science with an open mind. The funny thing is you people put your trust in science but still reject it , even your Adeboye will seek medical attention when he falls asleep , why doesn't he get healed by faith You that you're talking will go to a hospital when you fall ill but will be quick to run down science
A female &grin waoh!
So if you're among those folks that will not accept Kalmatul Sha'ada, your offsprings might still go down your line..
What a lost generation.
Definitely you're pained by something or disappointed by something that makes you feel you should turn your back against God.
Please think again ok..

Unfortunately, you're African that makes you to over appreciate science.
I am not just a science person but also a trained engineer.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by virago(f): 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
Microwhy:

A female &grin waoh!
So if you're among those folks that will not accept Kalmatul Sha'ada, your offsprings might still go down your line..
What a lost generation.
Definitely you're pained by something or disappointed by something that makes you feel you should turn your back against God.
Please think again ok..

Unfortunately, you're African that makes you to over appreciate science.
I am not just a science person but also a trained engineer.

Then you're a disgrace to science , I'm a biologist and I know you have no verifiable proof of God. It's not about being pained or angry , how can I be angry at what does not exist
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ghostrye:

It was still okay when people doubted carbon dating because tbh there have been instances where it has been wrong. Even when the big bang and evolution is questioned, it was still fine because there is little factual proof of it, and that kind of proof cannot be understood by the mentality of a typical African(mainly Nigerian). But what you just wrote here is unbelievable, let's not even talk about how wrong what your dragon story is, but calling archeology a lie, there are a lot of things that your mind cannot wrap around, that doesn't mean that they are lies it just means that you have to read more and open your mind and eyes.
Actually the Big Bang Theory has no proof it is flawed and one of the most foolish theories in the world I have come across as a budding scientist.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
Microwhy:

So there are still people who don't believe God exist.. dammmm!
Please start reading English Quran and Alnawawi Hadith collections, you will be amase and I believe you will give your doubt a pause and have a second thought.
Please! Please!! Please!!! Read further with open heart and mind before you conclude and stick to your present believe.

What if you die and you realised that what the sacred books are saying {Quran revealed to Muhammad (SAW).Tawrat revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus)}, about God existence are all true?

No second chance bro. So why don't you be on the safer side.
Stop wasting your time. In the Christian Bible Christ is the way and the truth and the life of you don't believe in him you will go to hell. Even you muslims think the same of other religions, the Buddhists believe in reincarnation see the facts there are too many religions. WHO IS RIGHT? WHO WILL GO TO THIS HEAVEN? WHO WILL GO TO HELL? SIT DOWN AND ASK THIS QUESTION BRO.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Microwhy: 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ausrichie:

Stop wasting your time. In the Christian Bible Christ is the way and the truth and the life of you don't believe in him you will go to hell. Even you muslims think the same of other religions, the Buddhists believe in reincarnation see the facts there are too many religions. WHO IS RIGHT? WHO WILL GO TO THIS HEAVEN? WHO WILL GO TO HELL? SIT DOWN AND ASK THIS QUESTION BRO.
You have to do a thorough maths and know which one is the way..
Read bro!
God is real and Good..
Give religion a chance just in case what those religions are saying about life after death is truth.
You need to be smart..

A prophet is sent to perfect a religion for you and he is the seal of all prophets.
Why not try do a little research about Islam with a clear mind and open heart.

Modified beside, where do you belong? Don't just sit on the fence like a hypocrite..
Make a clear declaration on where you belong..
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Sleekmilan01(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2020
chewwie:

They're called radio dating using radioactive elements. Potassium-40 dates 1.25 billion years. Educate yourself, black man

Did I tell u I don't know all this??
BTW how accurate is the calculations and how of is earth itself huh?
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by chewwie(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sleekmilan01:

Did I tell u I don't know all this?? BTW how accurate is the calculations and how of is earth itself huh?
Consult your Bible
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Microwhy:

You have to do a thorough maths and know which one is the way..
Read bro!
God is real and Good..
Give religion a chance just in case what those religions are saying about life after death is truth.
You need to be smart..

A prophet is sent to perfect a religion for you and he is the seal of all prophets.
Why not try do a little research about Islam with a clear mind and open heart.

Modified beside, where do you belong? Don't just sit on the fence like a hypocrite..
Make a clear declaration on where you belong..
I won't lie I don't know.
I don't believe there's a supreme being but I believe that man was created probably by a set of beings that may have gone extinct and who have creators themselves. I don't believe there is a God so am I an atheist or am I agnostic? gringrin I am confused.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Ghostrye: 9:20am On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Actually the Big Bang Theory has no proof it is flawed and one of the most foolish theories in the world I have come across as a budding scientist.
Yup, you are definitely still a budding scientist. I'm going to assume that you are not an astrophysicist or even anything closely related. Just try to read extensively and keep an open mind, you will be stunned by what you find out
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 29, 2020
Ghostrye:

Yup, you are definitely still a budding scientist. I'm going to assume that you are not an astrophysicist or even anything closely related. Just try to read extensively and keep an open mind, you will be stunned by what you find out
Sorry I take back what I said gringrin just finding out what it means though I don't still believe in it and yeah I am a budding scientist. It's because of our stupid teachers in secondary school I finally realised that the big bang just means the theory of expansion of space.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Ghostrye: 7:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Sorry I take back what I said gringrin just finding out what it means though I don't still believe in it and yeah I am a budding scientist. It's because of our stupid teachers in secondary school I finally realised that the big bang just means the theory of expansion of space.
� Knowledge is power. Things plenty to see, na just to open eye see am remain.
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Microwhy: 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

I won't lie I don't know.
I don't believe there's a supreme being but I believe that man was created probably by a set of beings that may have gone extinct and who have creators themselves. I don't believe there is a God so am I an atheist or am I agnostic? gringrin I am confused.
I am introducing to you Islam..
Please read..
There is God and don't be blind...
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by owila4luv(m): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
then u are also fake
Deepfeel:

None is real
Re: Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil by Kenny9857(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
virago:

You're not even coherent so you don't deserve a response
are you pained grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weird Things That Happen During An Eclipse / Team Nigeria Wins Huawei Global Competition / Young Man Showcases The Mini Port Crane He Built From Scratch (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.