Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? (1554 Views)

IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / Can A Person Lose His Sanity Due To Excess Reading? / Please I Need Help In Solving This Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 26, 2020
Good morning guys.
I m in deep shit guys cry

I am a 300l student from the faculty of Biological Sciences ; a combined student with a Zoology/Biochemistry combination.

In my 2nd year, 1st semester, I registered 12 courses including a carry-over (all are 2 unit) making a total of 24.

Now in my 3rd year, an announcement was made by the department that one of the courses, BCH 201 which I registered that period, was a 3 unit load course for us making the unit to exceed NUC guidelines of 24 to 25 units.

Many of the final years now can't graduate with their set because of the issue. I asked most of them, they said they had to re-write one of the courses they did that same semester. Even some of my course mates did so but I wasn't even aware of the time they re-registered in Mass and submitted to ICT.

I met with my Academic Adviser, she didn't tell me that o. She only told me to write a letter to the Registrar asking him to pardon me with his good office so I won't have issues while graduating.

I will be going to the registrar today and I just pray it all ends well.
I m scared of re-writing another course o, especially one that I passed. The ones I wrote, I know how I suffered to pass. embarassed

Please has any one ever had this problem before?
And how did you go about in solving it?

Please I don't even wish my enemy to do Combined Course o. It is fucking stressful.
Re: Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? by illicit(m): 7:59am On Mar 15, 2020
you can drop a borrowed course
Re: Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? by Rayton(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
it's mad o but how did the credit unit change? were you people not informed by the school or don't you have a course outline or so....
Re: Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Rayton:
it's mad o but how did the credit unit change? were you people not informed by the school or don't you have a course outline or so....
In d handbook given to us, the course was stated as 2 units. It was when we got to 3rd yr dat d Dept informed us dat d course was 3 units. Many people had to re-write a course due to d issue. My AA told me to render my complaint to d register so he would look into it. I did so..but den dis crisis came up. I will re-write mine in final yr as nothing can be done Abt it again during this crisis
Re: Please Guys How Do I Go About Solving Excess Credit Unit Load Wahala??? by Salliet(m): 1:55pm On May 18, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good morning guys.
I m in deep shit guys cry

I am a 300l student from the faculty of Biological Sciences ; a combined student with a Zoology/Biochemistry combination.

In my 2nd year, 1st semester, I registered 12 courses including a carry-over (all are 2 unit) making a total of 24.

Now in my 3rd year, an announcement was made by the department that one of the courses, BCH 201 which I registered that period, was a 3 unit load course for us making the unit to exceed NUC guidelines of 24 to 25 units.

Many of the final years now can't graduate with their set because of the issue. I asked most of them, they said they had to re-write one of the courses they did that same semester. Even some of my course mates did so but I wasn't even aware of the time they re-registered in Mass and submitted to ICT.

I met with my Academic Adviser, she didn't tell me that o. She only told me to write a letter to the Registrar asking him to pardon me with his good office so I won't have issues while graduating.

I will be going to the registrar today and I just pray it all ends well.
I m scared of re-writing another course o, especially one that I passed. The ones I wrote, I know how I suffered to pass. embarassed

Please has any one ever had this problem before?
And how did you go about in solving it?

Please I don't even wish my enemy to do Combined Course o. It is fucking stressful.

So how has this been resolved. Care to share?

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Federal Government Reveals Resumption Date For Academic Activities / Nigerian Man Becomes Lecturer To His Nursery School Teacher, They Met In Class / 5% For Niger, 95% For France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.