Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) (10593 Views)

Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
invisible!:

Cheap question. All the cars has numbers written on the sides, so its easy to see taxis with 543, 374 etc on the sides. I think it is still in its hundreds as I have not seen numbers like 1184.

Huh undecided
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by invisible2(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Huh undecided

Yes Enugu is working, everything is orderly here.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^ I believe the original question, which remains unanswered is, how many jobs have actually been created? Where do you get your numbers from?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I believe the original question, which remains unanswered is, how many jobs have actually been created? Where do you get your numbers from?

from the way it is they havent i.e one person will apply for to get one of those cars and it wont change much

but if it wasx company it would make a different i.e it would ger more people from admin to the labours

those are my thoughts
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Nobody is quoting any figures. But its obvious that lives have been affected positively, other businesses boosted, food on the tables of many families, ordinary folks moving from point A to B with air-conditioner sound proofs (at-least feel big within those minutes), and its been a boost to the state too.

Imagine its indirect effects on schools, healthcare, banks, mechanics shops, car wash, gas stations, etc.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2010
egift:

Nobody is quoting any figures. But its obvious that lives have been affected positively, other businesses boosted, food on the tables of many families, ordinary folks moving from point A to B with air-conditioner sound proofs (at-least feel big within those minutes), and its been a boost to the state too.

Imagine its indirect effects on schools, healthcare, banks, mechanics shops, car wash, gas stations, etc.

we might not agree but most people wont feel the its effect
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2010
egift:

Obvious how? How do you know all this HAS HAPPENED? Where is the data to back all this up? And this brings me back again to the very first question, how many actual jobs have been created? Note that the original question was not What do you think it will do, or how do you think it will do it. The question was how many people have actually gotten jobs in this case , how many people have actually been affected in a positive manner by this? How many drivers have signed off and been given cars under this scheme? etc
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2010
I don't have those figures. I mean the exacts.

But you make it sound as if it has been all a waste of time. Atleast those drivers have been gainfully employed. And they are in their hundreds now. I stand by the notion its been a good initiative.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2010
egift:

But you make it sound as if it has been all a waste of time. Atleast those drivers have been gainfully employed. And they are in their hundreds now. I stand by the notion its been a good initiative.

Do not spend your time with that junkie. I guarantee you it will be a wasted time. Avoid her like a plague.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2010
invisible!:

Cheap question. All the cars has numbers written on the sides, so its easy to see taxis with 543, 374 etc on the sides. I think it is still in its hundreds as I have not seen numbers like 1184.

That doesn't prove the numbers tho because they may start numbering them in 3 digits. So, the first one will be #100 instead of #1.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Dec 20, 2010
egift:

You don't have the figures but you went ahead to make DEFINITE claims on this, Why? Where did you get this story of it being obvious how it is ALREADY CAUSING changes at the low levels?

You make you first mistake when you try to assume I am doing something you cannot confirm I am doing or not doing in any of my posts. I simply asked a question -- I expected factual data of some sort, not LIES. You trying to make stuff up does not taint me in anyway but only causes me to wonder if I should trust any numbers you come up with next.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You don't have the figures but you went ahead to make DEFINITE claims on this, Why? Where did you get this story of it being obvious how it is ALREADY CAUSING changes at the low levels?

You make you first mistake when you try to assume I am doing something you cannot confirm I am doing or not doing in any of my posts. I simply asked a question -- I expected factual data of some sort, not LIES. You trying to make stuff up does not taint me in anyway but only causes me to wonder if I should trust any numbers you come up with next.

And who is feeding you figures?

Take it or leave it - The taxi initiative in Enugu have been a commendable one and its definitely [b]obvious [/b]that it is affecting many people in the State positively. Am very proud of it. grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ Thanks but no thanks !!!

Let those who actually have information on this answer the question please.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Dude, I am not your mate. Go back to school and finish first and you you will understand. You may name "essential" parts of your cars that are manufactured solely by the auto companies. May be you need to check the meaning of outsourcing first before opening your mouth here.

Aloy+Emeka:

You get time for that fool.

You are are blabbing m@r@n. Let us examine why your are in fact an !diot. By your definition Nigeria manufacures satallites because we outsource the actual production of the parts. Mumu. How can you outsource the core of a bussiness? Dumbass.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
Keep ranting grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ mariory

Guy, I hav followed ur argument wt d other dude. He's damn right about his explanations. I think u should listen to him and read up more. Ur analogy isn't competent enough to match what he's trying to prove, incidetally, he's correct.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
Auto manufacturing was never given priority in the scheme of things at the federal level, until the establishment of six assembly plants (two for cars and four for trucks), namely, Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited (now PAN Nigeria Limited), Kaduna in 1975; Volkswagen of Nigeria Limited (VWoN), Lagos); Anambra Motor Manufacturing Limited (ANAMMCO), (Emene-Enugu) in 1980; Steyr Nigeria Limited, Bauchi; National Truck Manufacturers (NTM, Kano for Fiat); and Leyland Nigeria Limited, Ibadan.
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=52646

Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Limited (ANAMMCO)
Assembly of Mercedes-benz, Trucks, Coaches and Buses.
Address: Emene Industrial Layout, P.M.B. 2523, Enugu.[/b][/b]
http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Manufacturing_and_Production/Automobile_and_Tyres.html

It's not hard to google information on ANAMMCO. They say ignorance is bliss. In this case, it seems they are right. Yes ANAMMCO is ermm "outsourcing". *rolleyes*

Carry on.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^

U got me wrong. I'm not interested in if ANAMCO outsources locally or not, in fact I don't know. I'm only referring to his general manufacturing systems outsourcing concept. I remember his mentioning OEMs in Nnewi supplying locally fabricated parts wc is same wt every auto manufacturer all over d world. U citing from d company's website isn't effective enough in ds case as u also will not usually c d listing of EOMs on other auto manufacturer's website. Absence of wc doesn't imply non-existence. U can take a try.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mobinga: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
shocked Enugu is developing oh; And I heard their girls are hot. . .
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2010
homerac7:

^^^
U got me wrong. I'm not interested in if ANAMCO outsources locally or not, in fact I don't know. I'm only referring to his general manufacturing systems outsourcing concept.

So what was the point of you butting in? You don't even have a clue on what the unpleasant exchange was about. I could give two craps about his outsourcing concept as it was irrelevant to what ANAMMCO actually is.

homerac7:

I remember his mentioning OEMs in Nnewi supplying locally fabricated parts wc is same wt every auto manufacturer all over d world. U citing from d company's website isn't effective enough in ds case as u also will not usually c d listing of EOMs on other auto manufacturer's website. Absence of wc doesn't imply non-existence. U can take a try.

I really don't know what you going on about. I imagine you don't either. So for clarity, ANAMMCO is an assembly plant. They do not manufacture the vehicle parts, they assemble them. That is the function of the plant; assembly. As such they are not actually outsourcing the jobs of manufacturing these vehicle parts. If that is so hard to understand then good riddance.

*sigh*
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^

It's obvious dt u r ignorant of d workings of manufacturing upstream supply chain systems, more unfortunate is dt u don't know dt u don't know and won't accept dt. In dt case I give up, u win. Bye bye.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ I disagree. He is making a point that you are possibly overlooking. ThisĀ  all started when I corrected someone earlier. The ANNAMCO company is a Mercedes benz ASSEMBLY plant, not a manufacturing group. There are plants that are used for Manufacturing purposes(does not mean 100% of the materials are even made there), and there are plants that are used solely for Assembly purposes.

Outsourcing, which is not a new concept, does not change anything in definition of what constitutes a manufacturing plant and what doesn't. Companies have always used various contractors to get themselves bits and pieces that make up a larger and final product.

Whether the production of a specific component is outsourced, or not, does not change the fact that a main product is manufactured by the manufacturer. I mean if company A in Aba get's it's threads from Company X in Lagos State, and it's fabric from[b] company Y[/b] in Bayelsa, this will not change the fact that company A, where the thread and fabric are then used to sew clothing(which is the final product) remains a manufacturing company.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mobinga: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2010
Another very imbecilic argument. . .
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
homerac7:

^^^

It's obvious dt u r ignorant of d workings of manufacturing upstream supply chain systems, more unfortunate is dt u don't know dt u don't know and won't accept dt. In dt case I give up, u win. Bye bye.

*Sigh* ok back to topic ---
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by safariman(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2010
Good one for Enugu and hope the roads are being worked on
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ kobojunkie,

What's d correlation btw manufacturing n assembly? One is a subset of d other. Connect d dots n c d logic.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
homerac7:

@ kobojunkie,

What's d correlation btw manufacturing n assembly? One is a subset of d other. Connect d dots n c d logic.

The connection is not made by you and I but decided by the companies themselves. A car company holds the right to decide what units are to be considered Assembly plants and which to be considered manufacturing plants, all based on companies own idea of what arm handles what function. In this case, AANAMCO is set as an Assembly plant.

Here's another example of a Merc Benz assembly plant

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/mercedes-benz/corporate-news/mercedes-benz-assembly-plants-in-rastatt-are-a-success/

Here is a manufacturing plant for the same company

http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-8789-1-587113-1-0-0-0-0-0-91-7145-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by macjive01: 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2010
@kobojunkie, in today world the definition of manufactured in? Or made in? is becoming vague
Eg. Airbus. Who makes airbus aeroplanes? The A320 is assembled in France, the wings made in Italy, the fuselage in Germany, the engine- rollroyce in Britain. The interior decor is France of which must of the materials are mostly Italy. The seat is china.
The avionic is most Swiss , Britain and I think israel.

Eg2, iPhone; it is designed in California, "made" in china by a taiwanis company, the frame is chinese, 60% of the parts are surprisely European, then the rest American.

Eg3. Most European mid-level designers and especially Next suits are made in Italy by chinese companies, Chinese labor, chinese tailoring, fabric made in china yet the clothing is rightfully tagged made in Italy .
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
macjive01:

@kobojunkie, in today world the definition of manufactured in? Or made in? is becoming vague
Eg. Airbus. Who makes airbus aeroplanes? The A320 is assembled in France, the wings made in Italy, the fuselage in Germany, the engine- rollroyce in Britain. The interior decor is France of which must of the materials are mostly Italy. The seat is china.

The avionic is most Swiss , Britain and I think israel.

Eg2, iPhone; it is designed in California, "made" in china by a taiwanis company, the frame is chinese, 60% of the parts are surprisely European, then the rest American.

Eg3. Most European mid-level designers and especially Next suits are made in Italy by chinese companies, Chinese labor, chinese tailoring, fabric made in china yet the clothing is rightfully tagged made in Italy .

I don't think so. What you describe above has been the case for so so long. I am not sure why it is NOW that the line decides to go blurry, when it is not really the case that companies started outsourcing the making of parts necessary for their product to other nations or companies.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by macjive01: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
So kobo, in my eg1 wud one say the plane is made in France or assembled in France ?
Before u answer, the plane is refered to be made in France even as, thanks to body mass, 70% of it's components are made outside France.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
macjive01:

So kobo, in my eg1 wud one say the plane is made in France or assembled in France ?
Before u answer, the plane is refered to be made in France even as, thanks to body mass, 70% of it's components are made outside France.

The company makes the decision, not you, or I.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by macjive01: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
Hahahaha so the company makes the decision abi ? So why r u then having a fit when a company in Nigeria mks same "decision" on it's product ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Igbos: Are We Guided By Memory, Or Blinded By Bitterness? / Al Turki's Phone Theft Is A Lie - Sheikh Yakubu Musa Katsina / Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.