Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) (10479 Views)

Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Some people evade taxes, even in the US. Wesley snipes is now in prison for tax-related matters. So you must be a tax payer to enjoy govt largesse.

they might monitor after one gets the car but how will they know before he gets the car that he is a taxes payer ?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

they might monitor after one gets the car but how will they know before he gets the car that he is a taxes payer ?

Tax records should indicate your tax status. What sort of ignorant questions are you asking?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Evading taxes has little or nothing to do with not being a taxpayer. There are actually those, who usually by law, are exempt from paying taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_avoidance_and_tax_evasion

If you are exempt(ed) from taxes, then you are exempted by law and the tax requirement to get the taxi does not then apply to you.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2010

"Taxpayer" vs. "Non Taxpayer"

The Free Exercise of the Constitutionally guaranteed right to lawfully acquire property (earnings and other compensation) by lawfully contracting one's own Labour to engage in lawful, innocent and harmless activities for lawful compensation cannot be (and therefore has not been) taxed for Revenue Purposes, and therefore, an individual who is only engaged in lawful, innocent any harmless activities is NOT subject to any "Income Tax" or any other Revenue Tax, and therefore is NOT a "taxpayer" as defined by law, and can therefore be properly and accurately described as a Non Taxpayer!

http://home.earthlink.net/~realbadger/vulture.htm

Akin-Egba:

If you are exempt(ed) from taxes, then you are exempted by law and the tax requirement to get the taxi does not then apply to you.

If you are a TaxPayer who is also a tax evader , you are NOT EXEMPT.  A Tax Evader is not the same as a non Tax payer. You are mixing two unrelated things up here.

A Tax evader is not a Non tax payer but simply a tax payer who illegally refuses to pay tax. A non tax payer is one who is by law exempted from paying taxes and I believe those are not to apply to this scheme.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2010
Additionally the car have global tracking system. You can not move the car out of the state without notification.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Tax records should indicate your tax status. What sort of ignorant questions are you asking?

come one

can a man on street corner have tax records ?

you are only looking at people are in may be established business

the project is for empowerment so roughly it would look into such people un-established
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

come one

can a man on street corner have tax records ?

you are only looking at people are in may be established business

the project is for empowerment so roughly it would look into such people un-established

In Nigeria, as in any sensible country except Zimbabwe, every one whether self employed (a trader) or a white-collar person pays taxes (or at least should pay taxes). So they have tax records
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by aljharem(m): 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

In Nigeria, as in any sensible country except Zimbabwe, every one whether self employed (a trader) or a white-collar person pays taxes (or at least should pay taxes). So they have tax records
shattap. Goat. Mumu angry
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2010
Akin-Egba:

yes they pay tax but it is not really enforced especially for those corner traders or market people

imagine a lady that sells yam on the corner she saved her money and now she can buy that car as new adventure in business

she put her application then cames the TAX PAYER thing can she prove that she has been paying tax all these years ?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by aljharem(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2010
This is a welcome development cheesy cheesy
My brothers this time we celebrate
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by chic2pimp(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

■You must open an account with Umuchinemere Pro-credit Micro-Finance Bank Ltd.

Why that particular Bank I ask?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2010
chic2pimp:

Why that particular Bank I ask?

Could be a state govt-owned microfinance bank. Could be private bank involved in the financing of the cabs
http://umuchinemerebank.com/index.html

But if First Bank, Zenith etc, why those too?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Assembled in Nigeria !

Not all the parts are imported. I know they have factories at Nnewi that manufacture injectors, engine  blocks, crankshafts, etc and their main client then was Annamco. So, claiming that the vehicles were only assembled in Nigeria is erroneous. Again, I can't remember any US made car whose parts are wholly manufactured and assembled in the USA.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2010

ANAMMCO [/b]was conceived in the 1970s as a joint venture between the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and Daimler-Benz AG (“Daimler”) of Germany [size=13pt][b]to import and assemble Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units of Mercedes Benz trucks and buses in Nigeria.[/size] See Appendix 1 for the agreement between FGN and Daimler on the establishment of Commercial Vehicle Assembly/Manufacturing Plant in Nigeria

http://www.anammco.com/
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

http://www.anammco.com/

That was then, no? But Emeka is correct. Many of the parts now are made in Nigeria. Nnewi.

Economy

As a fast developing city and a major industrial and commercial hub in Africa, Nnewi experiences voluminous financial activities, therefore hosts major banks, and other financial institutions. Industries are dotted around the city and adjoining towns. Palm oil, cosmetics, motor, and motorcycle spare parts, books, and stationeries, textiles, electric cables, and so on are produced in commercial quantity in the area. As a result, Nnewi is commonly refers to as the “Japan of Africa". Its main trading centers include, Nkwo Nnewi market (the largest spare parts market in west Africa) and Nwafor market, Eke Amaobi market, Eke Ochie, Eke Ichi Market, Orie otube Market, etc.

Industries

Nnewi is home to many major manufacturing industries including Ibeto Group of Companies, Cutix and ADswitch, Uru Industries Ltd, Omata Holdings Ltd, Cento Group of Companies, Coscharis of Companies Group, Innoson Group of Companies, Ebunso Nig. Ltd, John White Industries, Ejiamatu Group of Companies, Horizontal Ent. Ltd, M. O. I. Ltd.DE R.C ORIZ INV Ltd., Chicason Group. The great majority of industrialists in the cluster of spare parts factories in Nnewi are also traders, and most of these traders are producing one or more of the products they specialize in marketing as traders (usually motor vehicle parts), and most began by distributing their products through their preexisting distribution networks. Nnewi is part of eastern Nigeria's industrial axis. The town has through culturally grounded institutions that act as sophisticated networks expanded to include an international dimension through trading relations with exporters from Asia. Over the last decade, the town of Nnewi has experienced relatively rapid industrialization. In excess of 20 medium to large scale industries have been established across a variety of sectors. Since 1970, Nnewi residents have controlled approximately 80 to 90 percent of the motor-parts trade in Nigeria. Nkwo Nnewi Market is the major import and wholesale point for motor spare parts in Nigeria. The industrialists of Nnewi are adapting foreign technology to local needs, providing employment to thousands, and making available goods and services which are relevant actual needs of the Nigerian citizens.
[edit] Autoparts

Nnewi is renowned for producing great statesmen and leaders of commerce. The town is also one of the major trading and manufacturing centers of Nigeria. By 1940, Nnewi residents were at the center of an international trading network that dominated the supply of motor spare parts in Nigeria. The town subsequently became a center for commerce and industry, and has one of the largest automotive parts markets in Africa. Nnewi Township is an authentic "manufacturing miracle." Small and medium sized industries have set up in the town and are producing not only for the Nigeria markets but - albeit still to a limited extent - for markets abroad.

Industrialization of the town began around 1970 when Nnewi motor parts traders began marketing their own brand name products instead of the reproductions of "original" parts. For example, new auto plant, which is being built in Nnewi by a private investor, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, OON, in partnership with Chinese auto makers is geared towards productions of class of automobiles, Cletus Ibeto , Ogbuawa, Jonatec Auto Supply International owned by Chief Nwabueze Emenike and host of other traders deals on Motor cycle spare parts and tires [9].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnewi
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
I don't see how that changes anything about what the company itself does. The company DOES NOT MANUFACTURE the CARS, which was the point in the original post I responded to, but Assembles them.  Simple English!
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't see how that changes anything about what the company itself does. The company DOES NOT MANUFACTURE the CARS, which was the point in the original post[b] I responded to, but Assembles them.  Simple English![/b]

What sort of argument are you making?. Name one auto company that manufactures cars?. Daimler Benz?. Honda?, GM?, Ford?, Volvo? May be you have not checked the components in your car and whether 80% of them were made by the auto company. 

You are putting it out there like the whole components are imported into Nigeria and assembled and I am here to tell you that it is not true. Posting a Wiki article on Annamco does not make sense because no company formed as at 1970 still runs their business the same way up till today unless the company is redundant.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2010
^^ You argue like a towobo sometimes. I answered a question asked by someone and you suddenly feel it is your place to tell me what the company does not even say of itself? Why do you feel I need to "USELESS" information you keep offering up? Did I ask you for it?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^ You argue like a towobo sometimes. I answered a question asked by someone and you suddenly feel it is your place to tell me what the company does not even say of itself? Why do you feel I need to "USELESS" information you keep offering up? Did I ask you for it?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 1:35am On Dec 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What sort of argument are you making?. Name one auto company that manufactures cars?. Daimler Benz?. Honda?, GM?, Ford?, Volvo? May be you have not checked the components in your car and whether 80% of them were made by the auto company. 

That's a joke right? Yes it's true that many car MANUFACTURERS often reuse engines, chasis, etc from other vechicles but, at the same time they also re-design and manufacture completely new vehicles.

For accuracy
http://www.autoheroes.com/resources/manufacturers.shtml
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 2:06am On Dec 19, 2010
Mariory:

That's a joke right? Yes it's true that many car MANUFACTURERS often reuse engines, chasis, etc from other vechicles but, at the same time they also re-design and manufacture completely new vehicles.

For accuracy
http://www.autoheroes.com/resources/manufacturers.shtml

I don't know wtf you are talking about. I am not talking about reuse or re-anything. Auto companies build their cars with components manufactured by different companies. GM cars for example has over 95% of its parts made in China. So, what they pretty much do is assemble the cars with components made in Mexico, Bangladesh and China.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 2:15am On Dec 19, 2010
You do understand that the factorys that produce these parts belong to the car manufacturers right? You do get that right? Right?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 2:23am On Dec 19, 2010
Mariory:

You do understand that the factorys that produce these parts belong to the car manufacturers right? You do get that right? Right?

Intel supplies microprocessors to HP and Dell, does it mean that both companies own intel?. Bose supplies radio components to Nissan/Infiniti, does that mean that Nissan owns Bose?. One vehicle alone has up to 1000 components made by different companies; how possible is it for the auto company to own all the companies?.

Go and read about outsourcing and how companies use it to maximize profits.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Intel supplies microprocessors to HP and Dell, does it mean that both companies own intel?. Bose supplies radio components to Nissan/Infiniti, does that mean that Nissan owns Bose?. One vehicle alone has up to 1000 components made by different companies; how possible is it for the auto company to own all the companies?.

Exactly
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

WTH since when did radios become essential part of cars? Shouldn't you be refering to engines, chasis, brake dics, gears, other mechanical moving parts, etc. I have no idea where you think you are going with this. Bottom line is what ANAMMCO does is assembling. If they start producing their own engines, and other essential cars parts from raw materials then thats different. This is not a swipe at ANAMMCO. They are actually doing quite well.

Outsourcing? Maximise profits? Don't make me laugh. This has nothing to do with outsourcing and everything to do with technical ability.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2010
Mariory:

WTH since when did radios become essential part of cars? Shouldn't you be refering to engines, chasis, brake dics, etc. I have no idea where you think you are going with this. Bottom line is what ANAMMCO does is assembling. If they start producing their own engines, and other essential cars parts from raw materials then thats different. This is not a swipe at ANAMMCO. They are actually doing quite well.

Outsourcing? Maximise profits? Don't make me laugh. This has nothing to do with outsourcing and everything to do with technical ability.
Mariory:

WTH since when did radios become essential part of cars? Shouldn't you be refering to engines, chasis, brake dics, etc. I have no idea where you think you are going with this. Bottom line is what ANAMMCO does is assembling. If they start producing their own engines, and other essential cars parts from raw materials then thats different. This is not a swipe at ANAMMCO. They are actually doing quite well.

am sure that was an example to understand what he s/he is saying
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2010
Mariory:

WTH since when did radios become essential part of cars? Shouldn't you be refering to engines, chasis, brake dics, gears, other mechanical moving parts, etc. I have no idea where you think you are going with this. Bottom line is what ANAMMCO does is assembling. If they start producing their own engines, and other essential cars parts from raw materials then thats different. This is not a swipe at ANAMMCO. They are actually doing quite well.

Dude, I am not your mate. Go back to school and finish first and you you will understand. You may name "essential" parts of your cars that are manufactured solely by the auto companies. May be you need to check the meaning of outsourcing first before opening your mouth here.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

am sure that was an example to understand what he s/he is saying

You get time for that fool.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Outsourcing does not change things for companies . . . manufacturing plants, remain manufacturing plants, even if some components are still brought in from subs and contractors. If a clothing company in Lagos get's it's threads from a company out somewhere in Ghana and it's fabric from Aba, that in no way means the Lagos company does not manufacture clothing and is simply an assembly plant.

Anyways, I now get back to discussing the topic rather than running off on some silly conjecture that has little or nothing to do with the original topic.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by invisible2(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2010
The taxis changed Enugu, it also provided hundreds of jobs and made transport cleaner, albeit costlier.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^ Did you actually count these jobs yourself or you just came up with that (did an Akala)?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by invisible2(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Did you actually count these jobs yourself or you just came up with that (did an Akala)?

Cheap question. All the cars has numbers written on the sides, so its easy to see taxis with 543, 374 etc on the sides. I think it is still in its hundreds as I have not seen numbers like 1184.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. / Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election / 426 FG Workers Risk Sanctions For Ignoring New Postings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.