Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) (10457 Views)

Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ kobojunkie,

Manufacturing is a process. D complexity differs across different types of products. For automobiles, assembly is only a segment of d manufacturing processes. Dt ANAMCO use an assembly plant doesn't discredit or disqualify it from being a manufacturing plant.

If d owners deem it proper to improve d local content in what goes into dt section of manufacturing plant, it doesn't change anything. Same is if Mercedes choose dt standardized Nigerian local components should replace some of d imported, it changes nothing.

Is coca cola made in Nigeria? U may argue dt its only bottled in Nigeria, but dt doesn't make it wrong to b classified as made in Nigeria. Bottling is a finishing part of d making (manufacturing) process, d owner arrange d layout (grouping) to suit many factors. D fact dt d manufacturing line is de-centralized doesn't stop it from being a manufacturing line.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2010
macjive01:

Hahahaha so the company makes the decision abi ? So why r u then having a fit when a company in Nigeria mks same "decision" on it's product ??

I don't think you are yourself even aware of the Nigerian company's own decision for you to ask me the above. The company does state it is a Mercedez assembly plant. It is on the company's own website . . undecided
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
homerac7:

@ kobojunkie,

Manufacturing is a process. D complexity differs across different types of products. For automobiles, assembly is only a segment of d manufacturing processes. Dt ANAMCO use an assembly plant doesn't discredit or disqualify it from being a manufacturing plant.

If d owners deem it proper to improve d local content in what goes into dt section of manufacturing plant, it doesn't change anything. Same is if Mercedes choose dt standardized Nigerian local components should replace some of d imported, it changes nothing.

Is coca cola made in Nigeria? U may argue dt its only bottled in Nigeria, but dt doesn't make it wrong to b classified as made in Nigeria. Bottling is a finishing part of d making (manufacturing) process, d owner arrange d layout (grouping) to suit many factors. D fact dt d manufacturing line is de-centralized doesn't stop it from being a manufacturing line.

Like I said, the company, as in MERCEDEZ or COCA COLA, makes the decision on what their agreement with specific plants are. I don't - neither do you. According to the agreement Mercedez benz had with the Nigerian government in 1971, ANAMCO, according to it's own website, is an assembly plant. If Mercedez decides ANAMCO should be modified and made a manufacturing plant, Or ANAMCO feels it wants to manufacture for Mercedez, then it will surely do that appropriately, right? I posted the very information I got from the company website earlier. Why you have a problem with this, beats me! And why we are arguing this makes me wonder if this is out of genuine concern for Mercedez benz or some sentimental tie to this company or area. . . which I don't care much for.

ANAMMCO was conceived in the 1970s as a joint venture between the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and Daimler-Benz AG (“Daimler”) of Germany [size=13pt]to import and assemble Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units of Mercedes Benz trucks and buses in Nigeria.[/size] See Appendix 1 for the agreement between FGN and Daimler on the establishment of Commercial Vehicle Assembly/Manufacturing Plant in Nigeria   

http://www.anammco.com/
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mariory(m): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2010
@Kobojunkie

ANAMMCO are clearly wrong to classify themselves as an assembly plant. They haven't read the memo from homerac7 and others that they are now a manufacturing plant. These nairaland fellas know a lot more about the company than the people who work there.
Once the directors and managers read the memo, I'm sure they will correct the mistake on their website.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 4:16am On Dec 21, 2010
Una don win. Instead of accepting d explanation I made to u on manufacturing processes u kept dodging behing 'management decision'. Do u think such r just made arbitrarily? What u don't know, u don't know. Know when u r to listen n learn n not just press on arguing by quoting things u hardly understand n r way out of ur day to day expertise. I guess u r a medical worker, its like a lawyer coming to just make medical citations to u just because he has access to Wikipedia. To him he might feel smart, bt to u he definitely looks disjointed n stupid for not knowing where to stop arguing in a matter beyond his expertise n jurisdiction.

What I have tried to tell u all day is dt if MB/ANAMCO think for certain reasons, locally made parts can serve, they go ahead n source. It doesn't change ANAMCO from being an assembly plant. Assembly is a final stage in automobile manufacturing, thus making it part of d manufacturing process itself irrespective of distance from other upstream processes plants.

Maybe u should spend time googling assembly n manufacturing, dn just confining urself to company homesites where u won't get more dn u have got.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Dec 21, 2010
^^ It is not the case that I do not see what you are probably trying to say of this company. I am explaining that what we know and what matters more is how the company has chosen to describe itself. Anything else on top of that is, in my opinion, moot. That is why I told @ALoyEmeka earlier to spare me the USELESS information when it does not really matter how as individuals, we choose to see the company. The company says it is A, make we stick to A.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by homerac7: 4:45am On Dec 21, 2010
It's ok to knw we have partial agreement. I only say more that u can't disengage it totally from it mother manufacturing company because its part of d whole process albeit operating as single entity.

It's like having to explain y a packaging line is part production line.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ezeagu(m): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
Has anyone got any updates as to how successful the taxi scheme has been? grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by bashr4: 3:24am On Apr 28, 2011
ezeagu:

so far all is goin well and the buisness is good for majority of the people in it ,nobody is complaining yet abi no b igbo people we be again.

also independence layout phase two is fast developing and private industries are springing up, most of them are small but am proud of the efforts and energy of the youth here, it shows all we need is just basic infrastructures and we will take care of the rest.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ezeagu(m): 3:26am On Apr 28, 2011
bashr4:

so far all is goin well and the buisness is good for majority of the people in it ,nobody is complaining yet abi no b igbo people we be again.

also independence layout phase two is fast developing and private industries are springing up, most of them are small but am proud of the efforts and energy of the youth here

I trust.

bashr4:

it shows all we need is just basic infrastructures and we will take care of the rest.

You've said it the best.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2011
ezeagu:

It has been very successful. People are still subscribing till date. They say its lucrative. But I have noticed others painting their car to the new taxi colour and drive around town looking for passengers, I don't know if their only "hustling".
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by iLLuminatik: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2015
ezeagu:

I think it's time for Taxi business to evolve in Enugu..! Lagos and Abuja have Uber & EasyTaxi and Enugu is getting HolyCab next month
www.holytaxi.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari / Photos Of Cloned Buhari In Foreign Press - Pictures / FCTA Seals Ministry Of Works, Merit House, FCC, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.