Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) (10458 Views)

Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
Anytime you visit Enugu take a ride okay?
And to own one of this taxi, see www.acceptinvite.com/enugutaxi - cheers!

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2010
more

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by macjive01: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
Interesting !!! In God we trust
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by presido1: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2010
The Red buses are they the Innosson?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nice!!!

Time for the west to upgrade Enugu! Looking nice cool
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by stormm: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2010
hehehe this is good. Remember some years ago, no taxi in Enugu na only kabu kabu and 'okada'. This makes a refreshing change.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by chyz(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
WOW! shocked
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
presido1:

The Red buses are they the Innosson?

No. They are Benz (ANAMMCO in Enugu) grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by slap1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
Hope it survives the next three years.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by MShittu: 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2010
Are the vehicles themselves manufactured in Nigeria?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Mbeki: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
Thats good news, but are they affordable, are there long term structures to ensure the longevity of the shuttle program, before another administration will neglect it or scrap it off entirely. That has always been the bane of development in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
MShittu:

Are the vehicles themselves manufactured in Nigeria?

Yes. Located at:

Emene Industrial Layout
P.M.B. 2523, Enugu
Telephone: (+234)-(0)42-557422
http://www.anammco.com

Below are some of there other products:

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by OchiAgha2(m): 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2010
Enugu is always leading the way in the East. Very nice!
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/365470_More_taxis_jpgd30a6e5b4f2494245b4b78f72d8ca281

I'm a little bit worried on their choice of Suzuki as viable economy cars for transport.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AloyEmeka5: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2010
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by OchiAgha2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

And the color of their buses is tacky. Eeeeew. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Shut up! Does it matter what color the buses are? As long as they get people from point A to point B, then there should not be any problem. That is the problem with Nigerians like yourself. You all only care about appearance.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by invisible2(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/365470_More_taxis_jpgd30a6e5b4f2494245b4b78f72d8ca281

I'm a little bit worried on their choice of Suzuki as viable economy cars for transport.

Some people are so negative, always with a pessemistic view.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by isuomo: 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
If you visit Ibadan and look at the state of the Suzuki taxis that was purchased by our bleaching governor, then you will know that someone has defrauded Enugu State with the taxis. But Kudos for initiative though if only many more governors can do this for their own people. Talking about governors, i have been here in Ondo State, Akure in particular since Wednesday and the difference in governance between Mimiko and Agagu is as clear as night and day; i frequented here under Agagu and i can safely say Mimiko is already far ahead of him in less than two years. Hmmmm. Agagu holds a Ph.D in Geology and was in the university system for so many years so it is not book that gives common sense.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
The Taxi project was in part an empowerment scheme. There is Nissan, Suziki and Benz - Anyone that you can want and the Suziki have been a hot cake once you complete your returns - Car is yours (including Insurrance, Global mobile tracking facility, and others).
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
isuomo:

If you visit Ibadan and look at the state of the Suzuki taxis that was purchased by our bleaching governor, then you will know that someone has defrauded Enugu State with the taxis. But Kudos for initiative though if only many more governors can do this for their own people. Talking about governors, i have been here in Ondo State, Akure in particular since Wednesday and the difference in governance between Mimiko and Agagu is as clear as night and day; i frequented here under Agagu and i can safely say Mimiko is already far ahead of him in less than two years. Hmmmm. Agagu holds a Ph.D in Geology and was in the university system for so many years so it is not book that gives common sense.

I also observed your point.I however believe that it might be cheaper than our preferred choice.

Btw.Enugu state collects lower allocations and generates less revenues than Imo,Anambra and Abia states but just look at the level of infrastructural advancement in Enugu.Okwesilieze Nwodo and other wicked people want this man out for a reason any sane man is yet to ascertain.
God bless Sullivan.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by OchiAgha2(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
Is there a way that I can help the Enugu State government with this empowerment scheme? There seems like there is money to be made in this venture. I am willing to invest in Igboland. Provided that there is security. Since Abia State is not secure, I must venture to other parts of Igboland.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
isuomo:

If you visit Ibadan and look at the state of the Suzuki taxis that was purchased by our bleaching governor,

I was going to ask if we are now considering [b]STATE [/b]purchase of taxi's major ACHIEVEMENT cause we may need to open a thread for Akala who not only purchased Taxi's but also claimed to have employed about 1000 graduates as a result. grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by egift(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Is there a way that I can help the Enugu State government with this empowerment scheme? There seems like there is money to be made in this venture. I am willing to invest in Igboland. Provided that there is security. Since Abia State is not secure, I must venture to other parts of Igboland.

Am sure if your programme is good and is aimed to benefit the people, you will do well in Enugu. If not, grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by invisible2(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Help Enugu state govt? Well just come in and invest like others. Its the safest and coolest place in the east, other business moguls are here, ask Innoson.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by OchiAgha2(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2010
invisible!:

Help Enugu state govt? Well just come in and invest like others. Its the safest and coolest place in the east, other business moguls are here, ask Innoson.

When I start to make my money, I will definitely invest in Enugu. Hopefully, Aba returns to normal as well, because that city has so much potential as well. It could be a commercial capital throughout West Africa.

What are your thoughts concerning Port Harcourt? How friendly is Port Harcourt to Igbo investments?
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I was going to ask if we are now considering [b]STATE [/b]purchase of taxi's major ACHIEVEMENT cause we may need to open a thread for Akala who not only purchased Taxi's but also claimed to have employed about 1000 graduates as a result. grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by oderemo(m): 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
@alloy emeka, just shut yor gab, what color would u have preffered'? White i presume.anuofia.
God of thunder punish obj cos for all of 8yrs and his napep ,we witnessd okada and keke marwa every nook n corner.
this is what i call empowerment,at least decent folks can earn a good crust by owninglhiring any of these vehicle.
Refreshing.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

when i saw the photos i thought it is a private business from individuals or a group

never thought it is from the state
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
MShittu:

Are the vehicles themselves [b]manufactured [/b]in Nigeria?

Assembled in Nigeria !
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
Prospective participants must certify the following condition to participate in the scheme:

■You must have a current national card drivers
■You must have validated your health condition: sight, heart, head etc.
■You must have no criminal record
You must be a tax payer■You must be prepared to attend training and workshop for drivers in the scheme, which is conducted from time to time.
■You must submit to regular servicing of the vehicles at designated centers
■You must be prepared to sign an agreement to abide by all moral, road, safety, security and good behaviour codes.
■You must open an account with Umuchinemere Pro-credit Micro-Finance Bank Ltd.

the above is the quote from the site

what do they really mean by YOU MUST BE A TAX PAYER
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by AkinEgba: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

Prospective participants must certify the following condition to participate in the scheme:

■You must have a current national card drivers
■You must have validated your health condition: sight, heart, head etc.
■You must have no criminal record
You must be a tax payer■You must be prepared to attend training and workshop for drivers in the scheme, which is conducted from time to time.
■You must submit to regular servicing of the vehicles at designated centers
■You must be prepared to sign an agreement to abide by all moral, road, safety, security and good behaviour codes.
■You must open an account with Umuchinemere Pro-credit Micro-Finance Bank Ltd.

the above is the quote from the site

what do they really mean by YOU MUST BE A TAX PAYER

Some people evade taxes, even in the US. Wesley snipes is now in prison for tax-related matters. So you must be a tax payer to enjoy govt largesse.
Re: Enugu Taxi Wahala (in Pictures) by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2010
Evading taxes has little or nothing to do with not being a taxpayer. There are actually those, who usually by law, are exempt from paying taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_avoidance_and_tax_evasion

By contrast tax evasion is the general term for efforts by individuals, firms, trusts and other entities to evade taxes by illegal means. Tax evasion usually entails taxpayers deliberately misrepresenting or concealing the true state of their affairs to the tax authorities to reduce their tax liability, and includes, in particular, dishonest tax reporting (such as declaring less income, profits or gains than actually earned; or overstating deductions).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article / Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency / An Ijaw Girl Reply To Hausa/fulani Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.