Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit (50042 Views)

10 Filling Stations In Bauchi Sealed For Lacking Fire Extinguishers, Sand Bucket / Supreme Court Dismisses Ihedioha's Application For Review / BREAKING: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And Apc’s Application For Lacking In Meri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by aspiring44: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
mrgoodd:
Wole Olanipekun and Afe got kicked in the balls this time, Woman wicked sha, They will cut your rank when they see you re shining and overhyped. Female Judge Don do am for Wole and Afe again sha, You can only maneuver your wife type of judge. Atleast APC will know Afe and Wole re not God.

Uppercut well served to the counsel .
Counsel often know they stand no chance on a particular suit ,but they keep massaging the egos of the Litigant . I am sure same shall be given to Imo . It will become a precedent.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Abimbolasam(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
ebig21:
I said it, there is no way a unanimous decision will be upturned.

Is always difficult to upturn a unanimous decision and particularly that of a Supreme Court. Lyon should take heart and learn from this

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by ChristianNorth: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hotfreez:

The earlier judgment has been reviewed with the declaration of Uzodinma as Governor. Besides, you have no locus standi and you're just meddlesome interlopers. Nwosu had withdrawn from the Appeal at the Supreme Court.

So, game over.
What is this one saying

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by ChinoElects: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Osetigo cool
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by fergie001: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
ChristianNorth:

You are wrong about IMO.

Read the judgement and you will see there is huge hope for Ihedioha
Perhaps.....but you know how the mind works....I don't think the technicalities of Bayelsa will have no effect on Imo.

But all the same, this is your area of expertise... I bow to your legal strength on the subject matter Sir. Will look forward to relishing the case in March.

Thank You Sir.....

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Chiiamaka: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Church agbasa.. case closed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by fergie001: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
ChristianNorth:

What is this one saying
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Hotfreez: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
ChristianNorth:

What is this one saying

It is above your IQ.
That's why the Supreme Court would knock your flat head since there is nothing inside.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by habiham: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
I pity this Lyon ... Ki Olori buruku eniyan makobami

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Yankee101: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Once you start reviewing yourself all your future decisions will be questioned

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Iyiataata92: 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2020/02/26/breaking-supreme-court-dismisses-lyon-and-apcs-application-for-lacking-in-merit/amp/
Who said Wole and Afe don't lose cases? Well, every series start somewhere and their own just got started. Over to Imo state now. Forward ever!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by lagdmark(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
APC should try another court, the Sharia law court of Afghanistan.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by vicdom(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
ChristianNorth:

You are wrong about IMO.

Read the judgement and you will see there is huge hope for Ihedioha
Oga, I have been saying this for umpteenth time. SC will dismiss all these cases of review of a thing. Leave sentiments apart and look inward from an objective perspective.

9 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by lastempero: 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
Double wahala for dead body, they even incurred an additional 10m grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by SavageResponse(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
This remins me of the Evan(s) Enwerem saga that happened several years ago grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Chukazu: 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
donpapa:

We told them that the Supreme Court can’t reverse itself. It’s tantamount to aberration in law. The SC remains the highest court in the land and no OTHER court can upturn its judgement. Perhaps they should go to heaven to review the reviewed SC judgement.

Says who
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Urchman200: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
hisexcellency34:
It then means even Ihedioha is just wasting his time
where do belong?u are d most confused person I have ever seen on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by HadassahBridals: 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:
Let me thank the SC for maintaining its stand and its supremacy.

I thank all here on NL who participated in this discourse whilst it was on. Let me also thank all the NL legal gurus who participated in this process...for or against

vicdom dansuqi kahal29 ejimatic ChristianNorth agborojietiye Lostz, and many others too numerous to mention.

Let me officially congratulate the miracle Gov Diri and the people of Bayelsa, and in other words stretch out to Govs Uzodinma, Matawalle, President Buhari likewise for officially retaining their seats for the upcoming reviews which will be pooh-poohed and thrown out the window.

NB: Olanipekun, Afe Babalola, Lateef Fagbemi will pay 10million naira from their pockets.
good news; but I still feel we need an explanation from the supreme Court about imo. that imo judgement set dangerous precedent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by budaatum: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
eedimo:
I knew it!!!
What a shame on Lyon.
He would have made a better governor though �
Then he should have been diligent in the small things but he wasn't so whatever he did have has been taken away from him.

Better luck next time though if what you say is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by gudugudumeje: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Grand standing logic on the head and making nullity of the votes of the electorate is S/Court speciality here as elector rather than an arbiter.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by fergie001: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
good news; but I still feel we need an explanation from the supreme Court about imo. that imo judgement set dangerous precedent

We will be alive till March, we will look through Imo again painstakingly.

Meanwhile, camera caught Degi Eremienyo (who was in court) in tears....he should take responsibility for Bayelsa.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by comos: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
The sacked APC Deputy governor elect should also be sacked from the senate
because he is sitting illegally in the senate with the same forged resuly

14 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by vicdom(m): 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
The apex court judge said the judgment is final in the ‘real sense’ and no court on earth can review the judgment.

“There must be an end to litigation even if we review this judgment, every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”

Broh, remember I sighted these statement from the learned judge above.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by 9jafunny: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lostz:
imo state own is highly critical.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by 3mere(m): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
ChristianNorth:
Exactly what I said. Reversing its judgement in Bayelsa will make the court lose what makes it final.

In IMO, we are not asking the court to set aside itself but to enforce its earlier judgment that declared Nwosu as the rightful candidate of APC.

This automatically will return Ihedioha.

PDP is coming

ok ,but I thought , uche nwosu withdrew
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Orterzulum(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nigerians are the only people to give God tough time on the judgement day.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by NGpatriot: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
Obviously, the SC is not in any position to review or admit that they screw up, it's like asking them to admit that they are useless and incompetent even though the judgements was obviously flawed and unconstitutional.

...but I do agree with them that the SC is the last stop in all legalities in Nigeria and the culture of running back to the SC for ridiculous reviews must stop.

The SC's decision is and must remain the last say regardless of the decisions they render.

What our lawmakers must do right now is to amend the constitution and electoral laws to prevent the SC from installing or removing people from office or picking governors instead of the people by via the ballot box.

Questionable elections must be sent back to the ballot for a re-run for the people to vote and select their own leaders instead of the SC truncating democracy by deciding and dictating for the people.

We have a lot of work to do in this country.

Sadly for Ihedioha with this ruling, it's the end of the road.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Mykel51(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
post=86974210:
Whoever will better the lives of Bayelsans is who we are after.
Bayelsans, may your prayers be answered.

God bless Bayelsa state. 

God bless Nigeria 

Good response from you Michael...
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
Happy this has been finally nailed on the wall. Imagine every body coming to seek review of one judgment or the other .10millions just wasted. Chief didn't perform wonder this time, after all he is but human.Thumbs up to all the female judges.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by StreetFight: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

The apex court judge said the judgment is final in the ‘real sense’ and no court on earth can review the judgment.

“There must be an end to litigation even if we review this judgment, every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”

She added that the applications are frivolous and vexatious, and awarded the cost of N10 million against the applicants to be personally paid by their counsel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2020/02/26/breaking-supreme-court-dismisses-lyon-and-apcs-application-for-lacking-in-merit/amp/

Can PDP see IMO judgement delivered in the form of Bayelsa judgement? Supreme will never ever review its judgement even if the judgement was a clear mistake. The mistake will be there forever.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by SPENCERD(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
deji68:
....hmnnn Uzodinma beware

Same thing am thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Receives Certificate Of Return As President-Elect / Malika Haqq And Ajimobi's Photo Got People Talking / Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.