Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit (50045 Views)

10 Filling Stations In Bauchi Sealed For Lacking Fire Extinguishers, Sand Bucket / Supreme Court Dismisses Ihedioha's Application For Review / BREAKING: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And Apc’s Application For Lacking In Meri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by xrayj(m): 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
9jatriot:
Supreme court should ask anyone who ever ask for a review of their cases to be sent to jail for abuse of court processes.
What nonsense.
Honestly
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by 9jafunny: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
kahal29:

You are hoping against Hope
series of errors recorded in imo state own.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Euegene100001: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Well said
positivelord:
H.E Gov.Diri...the man of destiny. Remember God Almighty gave you this day. Do everything to the good of your people.
God will continue to bless you..
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Leo3333: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
donpapa:

We told them that they can’t get the Supreme Court to reverse itself in a unanimous judgement. It was direct and clear! Otherwise, it would be tantamount to aberration in law. The SC remains the highest court in the land and no OTHER court can upturn its judgement. Perhaps they should go to heaven to review the reviewed SC judgement.

Oh well, if what @ChristianNorth wrote below is anything to go by, then let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Wrong.

The Justices also said that the "...applicants failed to point out errors"

The keyword here is "errors".

The SC can upturn its earlier ruling should there be a proven case of clerical errors, which could render the judgment unsuitable as a precedent for similar future cases..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by sylve11: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
mrgoodd:
Wole olanipekun: I am experienced and I think you should accept it as a mistake.

Afe Babalola: We re big wigs and we know what we re here for.

Justice Amina: You can only change your wives opinion not mine, You think you re big ? I will cut your rank, Out of my sight shocked

But women re wicked sha, They will Embarrass you when you want to show you re a man.

See finishing. grin shocked cool
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by rolams(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
I said it in the morning, PDP is going to win both Bayelsa and IMO

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL: Supreme Court upholds Bayelsa Guber judgement, orders APC, Lyon to pay N60m

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wow.

A fine of 10 million bucks to be personally paid by their counsel.

Daniel has come to judge.

Very very excellent.

Let the lawyers bear the fine.

They know by virtue of their education as lawyers that the pronouncement of the Supreme Court is final, but because they want to fleece their client, they deceive them.

Good for the lawyers. Cough up 10 million sharply.

Maybe next time you'll take the case to Supremest Court.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by do4luv14(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Am telling you,

but this fine (though) too small will serve as a warning to those counsels, who like to show themselves, even when there is no case

datola:
Ah

She added that the applications are frivolous and vexatious, and awarded the cost of N10 million against the applicants to be personally paid by their counsel.

This judge/justice no dey smile at all o

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by kahal29: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leo3333:

Wrong.

The SC can upturn its earlier ruling should there be a proven case of clerical errors, which could render the judgment unsuitable as a precedent for similar future cases.

This is the keyword

“There must be an end to litigation even if we review this judgment, every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”------- Justice Amina Augie

She added even if they review........ “That every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”------- Justice Amina Augie
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by donpapa(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
As far as my own perspective, their admittance to errors as the case may be doesn’t amount to upturning of the judgement but to set the records straight for suitable precedence for the future. Having said that, i think the Imo case is quite different. Though I haven’t read the PDP grouse about it.

Leo3333:

Wrong.

The SC can upturn its earlier ruling should there be a proven case of clerical errors, which could render the judgment unsuitable as a precedent for similar future cases..
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by sylve11: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nice judgement. cool
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
helinues:
Best way to go. Same fate awaits Ihedioha

Supreme judgement is Supreme

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by GEEBITE: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wife of late Senator Adamu Augie of ANPP who died in road accident in 2001.I hope the hardliners here wont say she is lInked to PDP like Mary Odili
fergie001:

Sure.....I will try to get the copy of this review judgement.

I just feel relieved and happy.
I have opened every law book to see if there might just be a chance for a review.

Justice Amina Augie...remembered her when she was at the CoA.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by mechanics(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wow, good for them.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by NGpatriot: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leo3333:

Wrong.

The SC can upturn its earlier ruling should there be a proven case of clerical errors, which could render the judgment unsuitable as a precedent for similar future cases.

I think you read and latched on to the part of the judgement that sweet your bele instead of the whole judgement.

Reading and comprehension miss road.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Munzy14(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
deji68:
....hmnnn Uzodinma beware
U are smart.... The error in Ihedioha and Uzodimma case is soo clear that in the paper Uzodimma tendered, His accredited and registered voters is way higher than what is on Inec's data base, and if the judgment stands, then the future is messed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by kahal29: 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leo3333:

Wrong.

Hahahahaha....... Monday is not far and Thank God that Justice Amina who delivered the Lead judgment is also on the Imo review Panel then you will finally understand what she meant by these words......... “There must be an end to litigation even if we review this judgment, every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”------- Justice Amina Augie

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Mires: 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
I kept saying it that David Lyon and APC should forget about the case and begin to prepare ahead of 2023.

That's if the incumbent Governor will be stupid not to make Bayelsans to see and benefit the dividend of miracle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by kahal29: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Munzy14:

U are smart.... The error in Ihedioha and Uzodimma case is soo clear that in the paper Uzodimma tendered, His accredited and registered voters is way higher than what is on Inec's data base, and if the judgment stands, then the future is messed.

Hahahahaha....... Monday is not far and Thank God that Justice Amina who delivered the Lead judgment is also on the Imo review Panel then you will finally understand what she meant by these words......... “There must be an end to litigation even if we review this judgment, every disaffected litigant will bring similar applications and the finality of Supreme Court judgments will be lost.”------- Justice Amina Augie
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by fergie001: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
GEEBITE:
Wife of late Senator Adamu Augie of ANPP who died in road accident in 2001.I hope the hardliners here wont say she is lInked to PDP like Mary Odili
Correct
March 27, 2001.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Ayed44: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
So what will now happen to the prophet who said Lyon will be sword in I'm the mood March, 2020?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by henryobinna(m): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
LordRepz:
At least SC was wise enough to put an end to this review. This means IMO state judgement is final. I think SC just used Bayelsa to right the wrong of Imo...
are you high?

Are Bayelsans same as Imolites? Are Imolites same as Bayelsans?

How does that concern the indigenes of the states?

You guys keep seeing things from the eyes of political parties. Every thing to you has to be viewed from 'what party do I belong to' point of view.

You don't rob Peter to pay Paul and find a way to justify it; albeit falsely

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by PopsiAde: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
donpapa:

We told them that they can’t get the Supreme Court to reverse itself in a unanimous judgement. It was direct and clear! Otherwise, it would be tantamount to aberration in law. The SC remains the highest court in the land and no OTHER court can upturn its judgement. Perhaps they should go to heaven to review the reviewed SC judgement.

Oh well, if what @ChristianNorth wrote below is anything to go by, then let’s keep our fingers crossed.

I don't think I understand what you mean by the process of Ihedioha coming back to power. can you please explain?
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by emkz: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
This judgement is a slap on the wrist.

It is not enough to slam a lack of merit. From what Justice Augie said, the petitioners could not point out errors in the judgement and it stands for all ages. To prevent lawyers from advising politicians in future to ask the Supreme Court to review it's own judgement and possibly reverse itself, lawyers need to have their licenses withdrawn, outrightly disbarred and fined a percentage of their appearance fees (say 83.5%) and even jailed.

If this is done, no lawyer worthy of his gown would approach the apex court to review/reverse itself.

Doing so outrightly calls to question all the rulings of the Supreme Court. And this would taint the images of Justices Uwais, Aniagolu, Oputa, Irikefe, Olawale Elias, Kayode Eso, Karibi-Whyte and Niki Tobi. There must be an end to indiscipline by lawyers.

You write a thesis and present it, and then someone asks you to review your own thesis. Is that not stupidity? Please, once the Supreme Court gives a judgement, the politicians should appeal to ECOWAS Court; if there is none, then the AU Court or the International Court at the Hague.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Truthbites: 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by Ojiofor: 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
helinues:
Best way to go. Same fate awaits Ihedioha

Supreme judgement is Supreme

But they accepted to review his case and rejected Lyon own. That means Ihedioha case has merit.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by wetmenow: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oshiomole is still sleeping

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by AMUNSI23(f): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Na them them
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by millhouse: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hhansome:
Maybe we should have a more superior court and do away with this overrated supreme court of Nigeria cos ayam not understanding this review in an apex court ruling.
Lyon should head to the Sharia court immediately, he will get his desired justice there !

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by donpapa(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
I think he was referring to a certain judgement that declared Nwosu ab initio as the valid APC gubernatorial candidate in the election.
If that’s the case, it means Nwosu might be disqualified because he was also the flag bearer of AA party in the said election. Also, the issue of the total number of voters being above the accredited voters doesn’t add up.
If the PDP are able to prove that the judges erred in their earlier judgement, Maybe (just maybe) Uzodinma might be sent packing!

PopsiAde:

I don't think I understand what you mean by the process of Ihedioha coming back to power. can you please explain?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by famology(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pdp should just forget imo. No need wasting time.
I like the point that every litigation must have an end.it's only unfortunate that the people both in imo and bayelsa can't have the governors they voted for. uzodima and diri should humble themselves in government because they were never the people's choice.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit by NGpatriot: 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
Finally, democracy worked, democracy is no longer in danger and there's no need to protest and demonstrate in front of the American embassy or to send letters to the UN and the EU.

This is how sad and pathetic the PDP get when court judgements are in their favour, but when not in their favour, heaven must fall, Nigeria is inside shalanga and the rest of the world must run to rescue Nigeria from danger and calamity.

Sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abuja Presidential Election Result: APC Defeats PDP - Vanguard / "No Gree For Anybody": Who Gives Nigeria Yearly National Motto? Police React / Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.