Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows (38706 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Southern Kaduna, Kill Women, Children (Graphic Photos) / Herdsmen Invade 3 Villages In Ibadan, 3 Killed / Imo: Cows, herdsmen invade FUTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by saintTim(m): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2020
Who count the cows?
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by okefrancis: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2020
subtlemee:
Nigeria is doomed ....until all the ancestors in the corridors of power are wiped off we won't have peace
Anyway peace is returning gradually now
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by okefrancis: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2020
saintTim:
Who count the cows?
I wanted to ask the same question my brother,lolz
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by ojokolax: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2020
There is usually a misconception that writing a lot of words would hide the fact that there is a knowledge gap.
You have shown nothing but a bias in the NLTP for if you had ever read a publication on it, you would know that it is a ranch based form of husbandry to be coordinated by the states with just support from the Federal Government. So if there is any anomaly in the way a particular state runs it's own plan, the State governor is whom the buck rests with and not Prof Osinbajo.

laura8:
Well..the federal government has begun the livestock plan..
spare headed by the vice president in three states
plateau, nasarawa and Adamawa..

the herders and their catttles are only moving in to actualise the program...now they will claim that they are backed by the law..and no one has the right to challenge them..

this program was formulated to favor the herders..who are primarily Fulani.The herder is nothing without his cattle..his cattle is his life and culture.The only way to weaken this norm is for other people who are not Fulani to invest heavily in livestock farming..there you will reduce their dominance in the cattle business..

who says cow rearing is exclusively for the Fulani..if cooperatives can set up ranches or if states can set up their livestock programs..where anybody can own as many livestock's as he /she can afford to own..do you think the herders will have the type of guts they have now?

this form of nomadic livestock farming is archaic
the herders don't want ranching because..they don't want to spend money to take care of their cows..they also don't want to pay tax..after all it is a business like any other business.the move from place to place..eating free grass, drinking freshwater,no one can easily track them..

I pity the people of Awe,Doma, and wamba local government in nasarawa state,this people are the best rice farmers in the state..the soil there is so rich..you can plant anything..
this same land is going to be given to the herders..in the name of livestock program

it's just pathetic...Mr osinbajo thinks that he is proffering a solution... unfortunately for him and many others..this program will now give birth to more problems...

the solution is ranching
ranch what you can afford to ranch
don't be a nuisance to another person doing his own business.
respect other people's boundaries/land..

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by guy222: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Armaggedon:
this one created account now just for my post.. smh
somebody fit create 50 new accound just 2 lash u on this ur senseless post. Please be well guilded
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by MrBONE2(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Weletee:
Buhari is a plague to Nigeria
grin

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by guy222: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2020
guy222:
somebody fit create 50 new account just 2 lash u on this ur senseless post. Please be well guilded
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Stillthebest: 11:23am On Feb 27, 2020
subtlemee:
Nigeria is doomed ....until all the ancestors in the corridors of power are wiped off we won't have peace

Stop cursing the country. It is our own. Say anything about her but cursing.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by SciLab: 11:27am On Feb 27, 2020
Officialgarri:
Benue has one of the most useless Governors in Nigeria.
He's busy playing politics with the lives of his people.

I remember that same wheel barrow governor declaring that there will no longer be open grazing in Benue. Is Benue now too big for him to enforce the law?

Even if the Police is a federal body, does the Governor not have influence in telling them what to do?

At least it worked in Ekiti and some other states. So what's wrong with Ortom?

He wants to show people who don't care that they are being persecuted by Fulani. And He forgot that he is a useless Governor that cannot protect his people.

*vomits on Ortom*

The only reason why you have a problem with Ortom is because he left APC and not muslim.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by SciLab: 11:29am On Feb 27, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
Biafra is for the igbos. Any other groups that dares join them will receive the same (or worse) treatment from them in future. Go back to the civil war and see how other people in Biafra were dominated and made second class - from the Midwest to the Rivers states, FACT!

Which tribe do you belong? If you are proud of your tribe like the average Igbo, yoruba or hausa, tell us.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by freetheking: 11:33am On Feb 27, 2020
ijustdey:
*As suspected herders allegedly gang-rape housewife to coma in Ogbadibo

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/tension-in-benue-as-herdsmen-invade-benue-lgas-with-4000-cows/

just waiting to hear from the old general

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by LLMG: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2020
pls be sincere and present issues the way they actually are. Are you saying intentionally destroying peoples means of lively hood, killing them and taking over their land is now migration. No problem. its true saying that what goes around comes around, what they are sowing now they will surely reap in like manner in the near future.
EagleSquare1:
Here we go again with the usual cycle.
The rains end in Nigeria, the Northern part is hot and dry, the herders migrate down South via the North Central in search of greener pastures, some stray into farms and reactions by farmers occur and then crises begin all over again.
Such possible herders migration has now rightly or wrongly been termed INVASION!
Will the troubles ever end?

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by SciLab: 11:37am On Feb 27, 2020
justnock:

Sir, I am idoma by tribe. One of the affected Local Governments, Ogbadigbo, is where my parents hail from. Listen, we are Nigerians, not Biafrans.
The Creation of Several Security Groups by various ethnic groups, is only going to worsen the present Security challenges in the country and take the crisis and chaos to a whole new level.
These ethnic groups don't have the financial and military intelligence to sustain the planned creation of several security groups. They should not start what they can't finish, just because it sounds good to them.
Collective effort of all ethnic groups, is the way forward in solving this security crisis.

Nobody is forcing to be anything, but stop crying to us and save our ears the vicious lamentation accrued from your 'unity' with fulanis.

Idomas killed many Igbos for the fulanis during the civil war, it is a fact that we have not forgetten, maybe the recompense is what you are earning today.

I myself want an Igbo/Igboid only Biafra with 'Trump-like' tall and huge border walls at Enugu around it to keep murderers and idiots away.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Deputy1111(m): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2020
laura8:
Well..the federal government has begun the livestock plan..
spare headed by the vice president in three states
plateau, nasarawa and Adamawa..

the herders and their catttles are only moving in to actualise the program...now they will claim that they are backed by the law..and no one has the right to challenge them..

this program was formulated to favor the herders..who are primarily Fulani.The herder is nothing without his cattle..his cattle is his life and culture.The only way to weaken this norm is for other people who are not Fulani to invest heavily in livestock farming..there you will reduce their dominance in the cattle business..

who says cow rearing is exclusively for the Fulani..if cooperatives can set up ranches or if states can set up their livestock programs..where anybody can own as many livestock's as he /she can afford to own..do you think the herders will have the type of guts they have now?

this form of nomadic livestock farming is archaic
the herders don't want ranching because..they don't want to spend money to take care of their cows..they also don't want to pay tax..after all it is a business like any other business.the move from place to place..eating free grass, drinking freshwater,no one can easily track them..

I pity the people of Awe,Doma, and wamba local government in nasarawa state,this people are the best rice farmers in the state..the soil there is so rich..you can plant anything..
this same land is going to be given to the herders..in the name of livestock program

it's just pathetic...Mr osinbajo thinks that he is proffering a solution... unfortunately for him and many others..this program will now give birth to more problems...

the solution is ranching
ranch what you can afford to ranch
don't be a nuisance to another person doing his own business.
respect other people's boundaries/land..

I seriously in support of this your opinion that non-Fulanis should engage in cow business, this will weaken the activities of the fulani on their land. But never accuse Osinbajo for anything, the man was only trying his best at least to bring back peace to our Land.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by LLMG: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2020
so its the state and fg that funds private business now.
ojokolax:
There is usually a misconception that writing a lot of words would hide the fact that there is a knowledge gap.
You have shown nothing but a bias in the NLTP for if you had ever read a publication on it, you would know that it is a ranch based form of husbandry to be coordinated by the states with just support from the Federal Government. So if there is any anomaly in the way a particular state runs it's own plan, the State governor is whom the buck rests with and not Prof Osinbajo.

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by CarlosTheJackal: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2020
Acidosis:

He's as old as any other King of a state or city that practices and operates a constitutional monarchy system of government. That position you see is largely ceremonial and the average citizen do not have a say as to who occupies that sit.

Here in Nigeria, Buhari holds all powers (both constitutional and unconstitutional). He's the head of state, leader of all federating units, chief security officer (grand commander of the armed forces grin ) and the sole administrator of our mono-toxic economy.

Do you see the kind of pressure y'all (the lazy yoots) put on an 80 year old man?
The Prime Minister of Malaysia is not a ceremonial post and the man is 86 years old and he is very active and even had to resign because of a constitutional crisis last week .

Buhari is an old fool who has only failure as a Friend

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Deepthoughts: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/tension-in-benue-as-herdsmen-invade-benue-lgas-with-4000-cows/

Just like the press secretary to the governor Ortom said,the fulani influx is politically motivated, planned n sponsored.The fulanis are desperately trying by all means to get a strong footing in benue before buhari leaves because they know this is likely their last chance, certainly they are been clandestinely supported at the top,u have it on good authority that Ortom is trying his best to defend his people but he is been betrayed by his kinsmen from the MINDA axis of tiv n some parts of idoma land like ogbadibo.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by ojokolax: 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
In the same way that the people vote for their state governors yet a select few of the Judiciary impose who they want, We all know or at least have an idea about what ought to be but before we get there, let us employ the best methods available presently. Any state with problems in its implementation of the NLTP can always review it.
Spread the word and let the citizens engage their governors

LLMG:
so its the state and fg that funds private business now.

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Blackking98(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Salebo:

Shut up you mo®on..

Why do they have a Governor

Isn't.there an anti grazing law in Benue they have been using

The authorities should implement it this time too..

Buhari this, Buhari that.

Noo leave them, if it's to fight jukuns in taraba or fight nothern cross Riverians over land they're bold, oya defend your land from fulani u can't,very foolish people. Sometimes I wonder if they don't have deities in that state that they can invoke, this same fulani herders tried this shit in my LGA ibiono ibom in Akwa Ibom state, at night what is called ekpo ikpaukod was invoked and they woke up to see their cow's slaughtered mercilessly, they were told to take to their heels as what killed their cow's is very much capable of killing men. This people Only understand violence
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by slickbak(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
mamaafrik:
ode,you will remember this when dirge song is sang at your village.
You're foolish enough not to understand that if we haven't been fighting we in Benue would've been overrun. When states like Plateau, Nassarawa, Taraba and Kogi in the North Central have Muslim names and they speak hausa as a substitute for English, how do you expect them to come together with us to form a militia?? We have livestock guards in Benue that check these encroachments but can we do it with such neighbors?? Your miopic view doesn't cut the heart of the matter.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
SciLab:

Nobody is forcing to be anything, but stop crying to us and save our ears the vicious lamentation accrued from your 'unity' with fulanis.

Idomas killed many Igbos for the fulanis during the civil war, it is a fact that we have not forgetten, maybe the recompense is what you are earning today.

I myself want an Igbo/Igboid only Biafra with 'Trump-like' tall and huge border walls at Enugu around it to keep murderers and idiots away.

Get over yourself. You're tripping
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by slickbak(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

She's right... Those states are embarrassing themselves. Such cowardice is shameful and disgusting.

Let the same herdsmen bring the cows down South... And see if there won't be free meat and barbeque for all the youths.

Fulani's will always target states of inbred lazy cowards!!! Mtchewww,!!!
If you don't know we're the intermediary between the North and South. Today you think it's our problem but if they succeed here where do you think is next if not the South? Do you ever think that they're afraid of going South? It's the strategy to force their way here so they can progress downwards. If you like you can continue seeing it as a Benue problem. Ask yourself why the Benue ppl insisted on a PDP government and the current governor left the APC? It's to cut the link with the powers up there so that there will be continued resistance. I've buried enough of my ppl and your miopic views don't reach the heart of the problem.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by DexterousOne(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
mamaafrik:
If there is any region that needs Amotekun most,it's the North central Geo-politican Zone but their Governors are like the people,weaklings.
I pity kwara ,kogi,Benue and Plateau .
Foolish folks.

Very foolish
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by DexterousOne(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
Salebo:

Like your late WRETCHED Illiterate father!

This one is an irredeemable fool.

Defending the goat in Aso Rock to the extent of insulting someone father
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Omoslim26: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
CeCeEkol:
Reading through comments, its sad i must write because we leave the main problem and focus on trivial matters. the question is must be done, lives are at stake, that is not happening around you or around people you love does not mean it will not happen. Nigeria is under siege of some kind, we as a one Nigeria must look for a lasting solution, enough of the name callings, the fault findings, the blames on any particular tribe, to solve this security insurgency we MUST come together and fight this. peace can never be achieved without justice, for how long must this fight continue? Nigerians rise up, rise up.

the common man does not believe in Nigeria and this useless Govt is giving it's citizens nothing to hold on to

we have never been this divided

painful as it is Nigeria is almost dead and gone
just pray for God to bless you and your family

when they say there is a casting down I and my household shall say there is a lifting up

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by DexterousOne(m): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
justnock:

Sir, I am idoma by tribe. One of the affected Local Governments, Ogbadigbo, is where my parents hail from. Listen, we are Nigerians, not Biafrans.
The Creation of Several Security Groups by various ethnic groups, is only going to worsen the present Security challenges in the country and take the crisis and chaos to a whole new level.
These ethnic groups don't have the financial and military intelligence to sustain the planned creation of several security groups. They should not start what they can't finish, just because it sounds good to them.
Collective effort of all ethnic groups, is the way forward in solving this security crisis.

The Southern and Middle Belt leaders should take a firm stand.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by mamaafrik(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
destinie2019:

You are happy that blood is being shed on your behalf by proxies, we will be here to watch you reap mayhem.
stop being a orangutans.re-read my earlier post
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Bekool(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
ijustdey:

I dont see any solution in sight in all these fulaniherdsmen menace in Nigeria unless the head of all the herdsmen in africa is removed from aso rock. Every cosmetic solutions designed by non fulanis to end all these killings and destructions including amotekun it's all just a waste of time as long as buhari is still legally heading all the security agencies in the whole nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by mamaafrik(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
slickbak:
You're foolish enough not to understand that if we haven't been fighting we in Benue would've been overrun. When states like Plateau, Nassarawa, Taraba and Kogi in the North Central have Muslim names and they speak hausa as a substitute for English, how do you expect them to come together with us to form a militia?? We have livestock guards in Benue that check these encroachments but can we do it with such neighbors?? Your miopic view doesn't cut the heart of the matter.
so you can't because of neighbor,Excuse me,Yorubas have Muslim too,we have Fulanis too around our territories.so hausa and fulanis said that when they were introducting ,Hause language as lingua franca to North central,or when they did introducedHisban and sharia to cover states that are having non Hausas as minority tribe as main tribes in the North ,when they brought Jihad on kabba and Kwara did they look for excuse,if Yoruba had left them with those excuses during Ilorin issue,they would have dipped Quran in the southern sea
See future leaders,okay ,wait till they kee you all nigbana.
Weaklings and foolish people
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows by Zuriel100(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
Armaggedon:
I think some idoma said they are not Biafra. I will like to see what will happen to them when The country splits.

Some fool are quoting me hopelessly. If you think Nigeria is ever going to remain one in the face of this jihad then you are so foolish that you are a disgrace to some reasonable goats. Every freedom loving ethnic group while forming their own security outfit should plan on where to pitch their tent and build a future based in shared values.

Mr. Biafra... Idoma people can never and will never join Biafra.. quote me anywhere...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-girlfriend Set Lover’s Shop Ablaze / Ritualist Who Pays Boys To Collect Pants Of Virgins Arrested In Anambra. Photos / After Taking N10.7m Ransom, Kidnappers Promised They Won’t Abduct Us In Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.