Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? (75407 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University(african Most Beautiful Campus Aerial). View / Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) / Welcome To FUNAAB, One Of The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Premiumwriter: 11:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Afospecialk:

That's why SW is recognized as most developed region in Nigeria

We are the pacesetter for other regions such as first TV station, radio station, airport, sea port, storey building, bridge, car etc

We ar have produced president and about to produce another in the next 3 years

Reverse is the case for Potopoto Igbos grin
nor make me laff abeg.

Pacesetters kor, piss-setters ni

If its by presidency, Northern leaders that have been governing this country are they all from OAU?

OAU is nothing other than another Nigerian University.

Keep the hypes to yourselves. None of your graduates have made any ground breaking contributions to science or art that you can boast about.

Y'all keep chanting 'of great ife' upandan like you're something different than empty vessels making the loudest noise.

Harvard students don't go about shouting 'of the great Harvard', their works speak for them.

Y'all are just a bunch of losers clinging to your imaginary tower with no concrete evidence of what sets you apart from the rest universities in this country
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Babyface69(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2020
NextD18:
Nice and good development!!

This is one of the things a good university should be proud of, not schools like IMSU that brags of having and producing the highest number of prostitutes in Africa.

you are not to be blamed sha.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by hAlexandro(m): 11:39am On Feb 28, 2020
yusman14:
The hostels are now in averagely good condition bro...ETF toilet is now tiled.... Angola too have been renovated.
since when i finished 2015 thou and my junior bro finished last year and he didnt tell me of such change
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by tiyejoor: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Great Ife! all haters should go and pai. why una dey beef. abi una school no get website? post yours na and let see your advance secondary schools grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lawgod247:
Well, the campus is scenic, I give them that. But to say that or imply that it is/was the most beautiful campus in Nigeria is of course, a very contentious position. Without saying that it is not, but without also conceding that it is, I dare to say that it is arguable. Especially having regard that there is no existing yardstick to measure the aesthetic ranking of tertiary institutions neither has there been a poll in that regard. I don't even know what I am babbling on about but if you need CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Bottom line is that OAU is a beauty to behold. Thank you.
abeg all this one na grammer.the campus is very beautiful from what i am seeing.most university campuses in naija have old worn out looking building structures with wall paints peeled off and rusty looking roofs giving them the appearance of refugee camps.i am surprised this one looks beautiful with well decorated flowers.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by taiwotimitt: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
Great Ife!!!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
anonym0us:
angry beautiful nonsense.. are we celebrating infrastructure of a school or quality education.. Nigerians and mediocrity are like 5&6
can u receive quality education inside a building with its roofs almost falling and the walls peeled off and lizards running all over the classrooms? u have to be comfortable first to receive quality education.outside nigeria university classrooms are equipped with ACs and the classes are neat and well kept.not like a typical nigerian university classrooms that u will see the floor littered with pure water satchets and three weeks day old rubbish littering everywhere cheesy.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by kaymical(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lawgod247:
Well, the campus is scenic, I give them that. But to say that or imply that it is/was the most beautiful campus in Nigeria is of course, a very contentious position. Without saying that it is not, but without also conceding that it is, I dare to say that it is arguable. Especially having regard that there is no existing yardstick to measure the aesthetic ranking of tertiary institutions neither has there been a poll in that regard. I don't even know what I am babbling on about but if you need CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Bottom line is that OAU is a beauty to behold. Thank you.
bro, must you start what you can't finish?

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by polofemo: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
ADRIAN88:
They're mentioning OAU, someone up there is typing FUNAAB..

Have you being to FUNAAB campus before? Go there and see the architectural masterpiece. Am sure you will reverse your statement. Even some OAU students recognises this fact that FUNAAB campus is beautiful with super landscape

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Lange: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2020
Your sense of humor is astounding.

Lawgod247:

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by AbujaBlue: 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2020
No close ups? How rubbish is strewn will determine its beauty.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by IbSalHas: 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2020
isinweke:
Seems the OAU Ile Ife campus recently received a face-lift grin. Op has not seen Unilag Akoka campus. Aerial view and ground view are two different issues dear. grin grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Aderewah: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Premiumwriter:
these people and their ability to hype themselves.

We are not seeing the results of your superiority in any way in this country.

Otedola, Dele Momodu, First bank chairman, Lagbaja, and so many more people are results of our superiority. And they are less than 1% of the Titans Ife has produced. Oau grads along with maybe UI and Lagos literally Run the south.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Olisehinnocent: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
Am proud of my alma mata, the most beautiful campus!!!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Owutuotuo(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lawgod247:

Good good good point here

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by nlPoster: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
AbujaBlue:
No close ups? How rubbish is strewn will determine its beauty.

Most Nigerian towns look better when they're clean.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by luluman: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lawgod247:
You no serious o

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Charly68: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Beautiful but full of randy tutors ..

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Premiumwriter: 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
Aderewah:

Otedola, Dele Momodu, First bank chairman, Lagbaja, and so many more people are results of our superiority. And they are less than 1% of the Titans Ife has produced. Oau grads along with maybe UI and Lagos literally Run the south.

No make me laff abeg.

maybe the firstbank manager

OAU education has nothing to do with the position of the rest

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Lawgod247: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
luluman:
You no serious o

Lol. Walahi
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by kenedy1223: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good Day, this is to inform you
that our next Event Planning training
and Decor Styling class will commence
on the 9th of march 2020. And you stand
a chance to receive 10% discount for
each and every persons you
refer to us. thanks
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Lawgod247: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Owutuotuo:

Good good good point here

Glad that you made sense out of it. grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Lawgod247: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lange:
Your sense of humor is astounding.

Lol. Glad that you found that amusing.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Lawgod247: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
kaymical:
bro, must you start what you can't finish?

grin I dare not.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Tylerbreeze(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
My school no even reach Top 20 sef embarassed
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by sulaak(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
arsenal33:
must everything be about Buhari? What did those before him do to education in nigeria? We have been on a downward spiral for the 25 years.

Those before Buhari built OAU -Awolowo, ABU - A Bello, UNN - Zik.

Buhari despite 5 years in government has devalued the Naira, increased unemployed and despite holding the portfolio of Minister of Petroleum has failed to fix or sell the non-functioning refineries.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
YorubaKinging:
All I know is that very soon there won't be one Nigeria
And some people are planning Mass murder in lagos
I pity Lagos
That day will be bloody

I hope this happens before 2023. The northerners should go back to their region and enjoy their Sharia law
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by sulaak(m): 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
‘First of all, it’s an architecture that is a tool to create a better human habitat and bring about social change. Also more specifically, Hannes Meyer, second director of Bauhaus, and Sharon’s mentor, really emphasised the more scientific approach to architecture, where architecture is not just an aesthetic whim, but based on a rational study of climate and physical conditions. Sharon followed this, and based his design on several ecological studies. Modernism wanted to be international, but in this campus, we see the influence of local culture – we see decoration on the walls and shapes that correspond to Yoruba culture.’
https://www.wallpaper.com/architecture/bauhaus-ife-campus-nigeria-documentary

Bauhaus-inspired university campus in Nigeria designed as a social stage
A documentary titled Scenes from the most beautiful campus in Africa – a film about the Ife Campus commissioned for the Bauhaus centenary celebrates the Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria. A symbol of Nigeria’s Independence from Britain in 1960, the modernist university was a product of politics, design and climate, yet its main priority was always its function as a social stage for education and community.

In the occasion of the Bauhaus centenary, architect and historian Prof. Dr. Zvi Efrat was commissioned to create a short documentary by Germany’s ‘Bauhaus Imaginista’ travelling exhibition programme, with the aim of uncovering a lesser known Bauhaus building that would demonstrate how Bauhaus ideas had spread across the world. Efrat picked the Obafemi Awolowo University located in Osun state, Nigeria.

Originally known as the University of Ife, the campus was designed by Bauhaus graduate Arieh Sharon together with a team of Nigerian architects including Lagos-based architect A.A. Egbor between the 1960s and 1980s.

Efrat’s film takes a social journey through the university site – into covered outdoor spaces where students gather informally, past concrete buildings connected by pathways, up stairs and through courtyards where air circulates, light penetrates and shade cools. With his lens, Efrat wanted to capture how Bauhaus design and theory was combined with climactic and cultural specificity – most importantly with continuing success today.

The layers of the university’s history, and its meaning today, are as complex as its layered levels of architecture. The building represents an important moment in time for Nigeria as a symbol of its 1960 independence from Britain, while also at play is the national relationship between Europe, Israel and Nigeria as well as Arieh Sharon’s Bauhaus education. Even the act of Efrat’s own documentary-making is critical to the neccesary post-colonial conversation. As an architect, academic and author, Efrat was well positioned to approach all of these angles through his documentary.

The commission for the university project arose within a decade when political relations between Nigeria and Israel were aligned. ‘The year of 1960 was the moment of independence for Nigeria, when it was decolonized from the British. The country wanted to build a university that would represent Nigeria’s own ideas of democracy. They didn’t want to use British architects, nor architects of European powers, but Israel was also considered as a country that also had been decolonized a decade before by the British. Later however, 10 to 15 years on, Africa would reject Israel politically, and in the 1970s it would be not welcome,’ says Efrat.

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
YorubaKinging:
All I know is that very soon there won't be one Nigeria
And some people are planning Mass murder in lagos
I pity Lagos
That day will be bloody
All your comments are saying same thing,can you pls shed more light on this,thanks.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? by Legendguru: 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Those dirty structures you called beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check Your 2016/2017 Utme/jamb Result With Your Phone / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here / JAMB UTME 2010 Cut-Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.