Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Confusion In My Very Young Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage (44526 Views)

Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / My Advice To Young Marriage-able Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by openmine(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2020
Op from further tests made by other medical facilities,it shows that the one that came up with AS was probably an error!

So there is nothing to worry about!
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by gift2xl: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2020
Live happily.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by gratefulalways: 11:06am On Feb 28, 2020
You are right o point.

yvelchstores:
I have worked in a hospital before. Sometimes a dept in the hospital is not as efficient as the reputation of the hospital. The lab result was wrong. They were wrong. Their lab is inefficient! The hospital is wack because they probably buy cheap lab consumables or hire cheap lab scientist or they may just have it students they don't pay at all sef.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Igetmyown247: 11:56am On Feb 28, 2020
peacettw:

Thats a highly ignorant statement.

Call it what you want
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
toyinhope:
U ve done almost 7 test already reading that your wife is AA. At what point do you wish to make up your mind and believe she is really AA? stop giving that woman hard time with your test up and down, she is pregnant for God's sake. let her rest and bring go and hide your fear because every thing is just alright.

i got almost the same experience as u too. i had known since i was young that i was AS. i turn down so many suitors on the ground of AS AS. until my husband came along. he said he is AA. i accepted him. as part of preparation for wedding, we went for the test. My result came AA. when i was pregnant, they first wrote AS and later cancelled the s to A. so abeg let the girl rest. preg is not easy.

Many thanks.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by OkoAnike(m): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

I have just found myself in a dilemma that's really disturbing me emotionally. I need matured and candid advice from anyone who cares.

Just recently, myself and my fiancee concluded our introduction ceremony. The wedding comes up middle of this year.

Now the problem :

My fiancee is pregnant, early last month I registered her for anti natal in a very reputable hospital in Lagos. It is standard practice that they run series of tests before commencement of the treatment. After the results came out, my wife didn't disclose the findings to me, she kept it to herself until a day after the introduction.

The results indicated that her genotype is AS of which I'm also AS. Note that we had gone for checks 4 times before committing to each other, on all four occasions the results came out as AA for her. Her mum also confirmed that she is AA, she claimed she got her tested when she was young. Immediately she told me, I got so confused, I started sweating profusely. I immediately took her to another Lab close to the general hospital in my area. We both ran the test, I came our as my usual AS while she came out as AA. Also, Today, just to be sure again, she ran another test in a separate hospital on the Island and she also came out as AA.

My fear:

The hospital I registered her in is a reputable hospital and that's the reason I'm scared. I informed the hospital of my findings, they took another sample and promised to get back to me. It took them two days to call me, they left me and my wife in emotional distress while devising a means to clear their name or confuse me with medical terms. They finally called today and told me she has the AS hemoglobin in her blood but the AA is more pronounced. This got me confused cos if the AA is more pronounced, why release the result as AS in the first place. This is why I find their story hard to believe.

I feel they came up with this excuse just to justify their claim and cover up their mistake. How can 6 clinics and hospitals test her as AA while only this hospital says AS.

Note, just this evening a new test from a separate hospital says she's AA.

Nairalanders, please what do I do? Is it possible for this anomaly to happen ? Is it possible for her to have AS and AA hemoglobin at the same time where one will be more pronounced than the other. And if it's possible, what her the chances of my baby coming out fine.

Thanks Nairalanders.

It possible, you can request for "haemoglobin profiling test", it gives the full details and percentage of it deposition, although expensive than the normal genotype test... Wish you all the best my brother.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Emidbest(m): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
And u seriously think you've said something meaningful? You've made no iota of sense

healthserve:
Deal with the reality in front of you.

If you continue to struggle and fight the truth that confronts you presently, you'll have a mental brealdown and it'll sap your energy.

Do the needful, which is live your life kiss " Live Your Life "
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by healthserve(m): 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Emidbest:
And u seriously think you've said something meaningful? You've made no iota of sense

Whatever
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by conscienceman4(m): 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sue that hospital straightaway. They are still lying ontop their earlier mistake. Talk to your lawyer. Your wife is 100 percent AA.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by peacettw: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2020
Igetmyown247:

Call it what you want

Ok
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
Spectaclesawe25:
I advice you go for a *CONFIRMATORY TEST* except it has been done and you don't really know.
The confirmatory test readily available to confirm genotype is *Hemoglobin quantification by HPLC* technique which you can get to do easily at the Sickle cell foundation building opposite LUTH Idi araba.
If both of you are AS from the result ,you will know and then seek expert opinion.
They(SCF) also provide services like In utero diagnosis of SCD which is the feared complication for your unborn child...The option however will be to do a TOP for a SCD fetus.

I went to the National Sickle cell foundation today, but I did the comprehensive hemoglobin test for her. Sadly, the reputable hospital was right, she came out as AS.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
Update:

I went to the National Sickle cell foundation today, I did the comprehensive hemoglobin test for her. Sadly, the reputable hospital was right, she came out as AS.

Let this be a lesson to us all, if u are AS, please always verify your partner's genotype at a very good Centre and do not rely on quack clinics.

I have learnt my lesson albeit the hard way. This is my cross, I shall carry it with God's help.

Pray for us!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by benny4wax(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
Why do I get the feeling you desperately want your fiancee's genotype to be AS?? Abi you don tire and is busy looking for excuse to break things up with her.
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

I have just found myself in a dilemma that's really disturbing me emotionally. I need matured and candid advice from anyone who cares.

Just recently, myself and my fiancee concluded our introduction ceremony. The wedding comes up middle of this year.

Now the problem :

My fiancee is pregnant, early last month I registered her for anti natal in a very reputable hospital in Lagos. It is standard practice that they run series of tests before commencement of the treatment. After the results came out, my wife didn't disclose the findings to me, she kept it to herself until a day after the introduction.

The results indicated that her genotype is AS of which I'm also AS. Note that we had gone for checks 4 times before committing to each other, on all four occasions the results came out as AA for her. Her mum also confirmed that she is AA, she claimed she got her tested when she was young. Immediately she told me, I got so confused, I started sweating profusely. I immediately took her to another Lab close to the general hospital in my area. We both ran the test, I came our as my usual AS while she came out as AA. Also, Today, just to be sure again, she ran another test in a separate hospital on the Island and she also came out as AA.

My fear:

The hospital I registered her in is a reputable hospital and that's the reason I'm scared. I informed the hospital of my findings, they took another sample and promised to get back to me. It took them two days to call me, they left me and my wife in emotional distress while devising a means to clear their name or confuse me with medical terms. They finally called today and told me she has the AS hemoglobin in her blood but the AA is more pronounced. This got me confused cos if the AA is more pronounced, why release the result as AS in the first place. This is why I find their story hard to believe.

I feel they came up with this excuse just to justify their claim and cover up their mistake. How can 6 clinics and hospitals test her as AA while only this hospital says AS.

Nairalanders, please what do I do? Is it possible for this anomaly to happen ? Is it possible for her to have AS and AA hemoglobin at the same time where one will be more pronounced than the other. And if it's possible, what her the chances of my baby coming out fine.

Thanks Nairalanders.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by newdawn2017(f): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2020
Dear poster deal with d hospital seriously. Expose & sue them, tell d court d mental stress it has caused u, cry profusely in from of d judge undecided
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Legendguru: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
Really
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by JewelDiamond(f): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
Czartega:

Remember that the professionals was once a learner
Yes. I was once an IT student so I know what am saying. Over sabi dey worry most of them. They will mix up some things instead of repeating the testing. They will submit result like that. Some even manage reagents for testing. So many things sha cry
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Coolgent(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

Now the problem :

My fear:

Thanks Nairalanders.
It's obvious that you dont any have problem except if u want to create it yourself: I once had a similar experience when my 2years + First Child is about to undergo tonsillectomy, part of requirements is series of blood tests.
When i scroll to genotype page they indicated that he is SS! Which i instantly rebuffed cos i knew he cant be SS because I and his Mum are all AA! (At the back of my mind i was thinking of paternity test though my Son has 99% of my features)
Well to cut long story short... 3 reputable hospitals confirmed that he is AA, when I confronted the previous hospital they admitted their mistake! (Student lab technician)
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Spectaclesawe25: 1:37am On Feb 29, 2020
Nnamebuka:

Bro pls can you give more understanding to me. Are you saying that the fetus can be managed to prevent the complications that comes with SS genotype? Pls can you explain these abbreviations SCF, TOP & SCD? Thanks

Hemoglobin genotype by electrophoresis is just a screening test for Sickle cell disease.
The test to quantify the disease and Confirm what has been suspected on Hemoglobin electrophoresis is by Hemoglobin quantification by HPLC which can be done at Sickle cell foundation (SCF).
My last statement is applicable only if the HPLC confirms both of you as AS and you suspect a chance of having a SS child. There are facilities that can help with Pre natal(before birth) diagnosis of your child to know if he/she is Sickle cell disease(SCD), and if the status is known and unwanted ,one option which many finds difficult is Termination of pregnancy(TOP).
It is a dilemma, and only 'strong' mind makes such .

1 Like

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by noblealuu: 3:54am On Feb 29, 2020
Invisible123:
Update:

I went to the National Sickle cell foundation today, I did the comprehensive hemoglobin test for her. Sadly, the reputable hospital was right, she came out as AS.

Let this be a lesson to us all, if u are AS, please always verify your partner's genotype at a very good Centre and do not rely on quack clinics.

I have learnt my lesson albeit the hard way. This is my cross, I shall carry it with God's help.

Pray for us!

Can you send me the result at aluuchukwuemeka@gmail.com
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Gmajor(m): 6:58am On Feb 29, 2020
healthserve:
Deal with the reality in front of you.

If you continue to struggle and fight the truth that confronts you presently, you'll have a mental brealdown and it'll sap your energy.

Do the needful, which is live your life kiss " Live Your Life "
This is the stupidest "advice" you can ever going be someone in this situation
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by healthserve(m): 7:42am On Feb 29, 2020
Gmajor:

This is the stupidest "advice" you can ever going be someone in this situation

Get lost
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by kayourcome: 8:49am On Feb 29, 2020
912:
When problem no dey we go use our hand manufacture problem.

Oga na yeye dey worry you. Keep doing test upandan
My man. You really gimme joy with your response. I swear. This test will just kill your strength and leave you distressed.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by okpalaAnambra: 11:06am On Feb 29, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

Now the problem :

My fear:

Thanks Nairalanders.
The hospital you registered her for made mistake,they're finding it hard to apologize.. no stress yourself
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
noblealuu:

Can you send me the result at aluuchukwuemeka@gmail.com

I will send to you next week, latest Monday.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Spectaclesawe25: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
Invisible123:

I went to the National Sickle cell foundation today, but I did the comprehensive hemoglobin test for her. Sadly, the reputable hospital was right, she came out as AS.

Hummmn.... You didn't do yours?
I understand your fears bro.
You still have good chances of having AS and AA children, however it is likewise very possible to have SS(25%).
The only option you have may be traumatic, which is to do The same test on your unborn child and decide on the way forward from there. You will need expert counsel and advice.There in SCF u can request to see a SCD expert for consultation and professional counsel.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Sexyliciousbri: 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2020
The so called reputable hospital made the mistake. No cause for alarm.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 1:25pm On Mar 09
Update!

The union ended 3 yrs ago just before my daughter clocked 1.

It's been a very torrid period without my daughter.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by JeoCutie(f): 4:49pm On Mar 09
Invisible123:
Update!

So sorry to hear this. Do you mind sharing what went wrong?
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by akube34: 4:58pm On Mar 09
Invisible123:
Update!

but what was the genotype of your kid
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by ojotobiloba1: 6:14am On Mar 10
Invisible123:
Update!

Sorry abt your experience Op, Do you mind sharing, Was the dissolution of the union gat anything to do with the aforementioned genotype fear of a thing? And what is the genotype of your daughter den. Love and light sir
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Aurelius1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10
Invisible123:
Update!

Really sad story. Did you leave your wife because of the genotype issue or because of something else?
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Octopusssy(f): 4:59pm On Mar 10
Invisible123:
Update!

Oh dear! Why??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / My Wife-To-Be Provides Everything In The House, No Juju Involved / My Daughters Lied That Their Father Had Sex With Them….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.