Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Confusion In My Very Young Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confusion In My Very Young Marriage (44518 Views)

Cheating Wife Vs Cheating Husband: Men, Pls, Clear My Confusion. / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / My Advice To Young Marriage-able Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
Are u sure the lab scientist is not crushing for your wife? and churning out fake result upadan
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Novaccines: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
Wow
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Modarun(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

I have just found myself in a dilemma that's really disturbing me emotionally. I need matured and candid advice from anyone who cares.

Just recently, myself and my fiancee concluded our introduction ceremony. The wedding comes up middle of this year.

Now the problem :

My fiancee is pregnant, early last month I registered her for anti natal in a very reputable hospital in Lagos. It is standard practice that they run series of tests before commencement of the treatment. After the results came out, my wife didn't disclose the findings to me, she kept it to herself until a day after the introduction.

The results indicated that her genotype is AS of which I'm also AS. Note that we had gone for checks 4 times before committing to each other, on all four occasions the results came out as AA for her. Her mum also confirmed that she is AA, she claimed she got her tested when she was young. Immediately she told me, I got so confused, I started sweating profusely. I immediately took her to another Lab close to the general hospital in my area. We both ran the test, I came our as my usual AS while she came out as AA. Also, Today, just to be sure again, she ran another test in a separate hospital on the Island and she also came out as AA.

My fear:

The hospital I registered her in is a reputable hospital and that's the reason I'm scared. I informed the hospital of my findings, they took another sample and promised to get back to me. It took them two days to call me, they left me and my wife in emotional distress while devising a means to clear their name or confuse me with medical terms. They finally called today and told me she has the AS hemoglobin in her blood but the AA is more pronounced. This got me confused cos if the AA is more pronounced, why release the result as AS in the first place. This is why I find their story hard to believe.

I feel they came up with this excuse just to justify their claim and cover up their mistake. How can 6 clinics and hospitals test her as AA while only this hospital says AS.

Note, just this evening a new test from a separate hospital says she's AA.

Nairalanders, please what do I do? Is it possible for this anomaly to happen ? Is it possible for her to have AS and AA hemoglobin at the same time where one will be more pronounced than the other. And if it's possible, what her the chances of my baby coming out fine.

Thanks Nairalanders.
My brother your wife is AA. You see all those labs? Like 75% of then just guess results. Especially typhoid and malaria. They just ask you for symptoms, then take your money and write results. This is why she it cones to such go to quality private Labs, not those road side quarks.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by firo08(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
OP,. You know your problem?
I too know.
God will help you.
Pls send those monies you are wasting of unnecessary test convert it to airtime for me.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Sammy07: 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oga, your wife is AA...

You don't have problem

Next please..
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Femeto: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
Why are you worried 6 hospitals ran d test 5 AA 1 As. Let common sense prevail.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by LordReed(m): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
The test probably gave a false positive since repeats confirm AA. Reputation has nothing to do with it.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by noblealuu: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

I have just found myself in a dilemma that's really disturbing me emotionally. I need matured and candid advice from anyone who cares.

Just recently, myself and my fiancee concluded our introduction ceremony. The wedding comes up middle of this year.

Now the problem :

My fiancee is pregnant, early last month I registered her for anti natal in a very reputable hospital in Lagos. It is standard practice that they run series of tests before commencement of the treatment. After the results came out, my wife didn't disclose the findings to me, she kept it to herself until a day after the introduction.

The results indicated that her genotype is AS of which I'm also AS. Note that we had gone for checks 4 times before committing to each other, on all four occasions the results came out as AA for her. Her mum also confirmed that she is AA, she claimed she got her tested when she was young. Immediately she told me, I got so confused, I started sweating profusely. I immediately took her to another Lab close to the general hospital in my area. We both ran the test, I came our as my usual AS while she came out as AA. Also, Today, just to be sure again, she ran another test in a separate hospital on the Island and she also came out as AA.

My fear:

The hospital I registered her in is a reputable hospital and that's the reason I'm scared. I informed the hospital of my findings, they took another sample and promised to get back to me. It took them two days to call me, they left me and my wife in emotional distress while devising a means to clear their name or confuse me with medical terms. They finally called today and told me she has the AS hemoglobin in her blood but the AA is more pronounced. This got me confused cos if the AA is more pronounced, why release the result as AS in the first place. This is why I find their story hard to believe.

I feel they came up with this excuse just to justify their claim and cover up their mistake. How can 6 clinics and hospitals test her as AA while only this hospital says AS.

Nairalanders, please what do I do? Is it possible for this anomaly to happen ? Is it possible for her to have AS and AA hemoglobin at the same time where one will be more pronounced than the other. And if it's possible, what her the chances of my baby coming out fine.

Thanks Nairalanders.

How do I reach you?
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oga, just go to them and ask for an official laboratory result on the hospital letter head. Have the sign and stamp it. If they refuse, threaten to report them to ministry of health. Thereafter, jelely take your fiancee to another hospital.
Truth is that they eithrr mixed up samples earlier or they have poor lab facility.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Helena6(f): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
thesicilian:
Ignore the results from that hospital and go ahead with your plans. I'll also advise you take your wife to a more trusted hospital for antenatal care. It is obvious from their explanation they're not to be trusted. A truly respectable hospital would have just owned up to their mistake and apologized. No one is above mistakes, but trying to cover it up is not noble.

Take this response to heart! They are not honest and you should not trust them with your precious gifts. Sue them, if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
healthserve:
Deal with the reality in front of you.

If you continue to struggle and fight the truth that confronts you presently, you'll have a mental brealdown and it'll sap your energy.

Do the needful, which is live your life kiss " Live Your Life "
You rather not say anything than shut up.He needs advice not this crap

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by aspiring44: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Being reputable and rich does not equate best standard practice. They goofed completely.
It's only the SS SC can have such variants. AA will always come out as AA and nothing .

You can use the best hospital and still have issues and a very reliable and hygienic one won't give you issues .

Accept the result based on your last confirmation.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by healthserve(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
cucumbae:
You rather not say anything than shut up.He needs advice not this crap

Get lost
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by DOZTECH: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
na wah
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
LordReed:
The test probably gave a false positive since repeats confirm AA. Reputation has nothing to do with it.

Genotype that I know does not give such result. If the electrolyte (hooe they still use that) is weak, the results will be blurred and reasonable thing to do is to pour it awsit an use a fredh one. As long as the strip is ok, the result will be clear.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by greggng: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
The same people wan dictate corona viruse ? What a joke of a country ... tongue
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

Now the problem :

My fear:

Thanks Nairalanders.
De way way that hospitu take giv you rong test rezut dem fit change your pikin to anatha one if your erima born for dat hospitu Las Las.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Ibkay32(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
why u just dey worry yourself upandown, since she had went for 6 different hospital before and they confirm that she's AA wetin make u dey look for wetin no lost again, a times self we Nigerian we're our own problem..you better wait make them born pikin first..
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by aigbokiejohnson(m): 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2020
Obviously an error from an untrained lab personnel on methodology. Personnel likely a technician not supposed to handle same without a lab. scientist. I will still advise you have same repeated two reputable labs in Lagos. All the best
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2020
healthserve:

Get lost
Am lost already.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by charlsecy(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=Invisible123 post=87008878]I informed the hospital of my findings, they took another sample and promised to get back to me./quote]You should have taken another test at the said hospital without informing them. If the first read AS, and the second AA that's when you should confront them.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Sterope(f): 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Invisible123: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
noblealuu:

How do I reach you?

I sent you a mail, would have dropped my line but I will like to remain anonymous.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by luluosas(m): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
Why did you have sex with her when you haven't married her? Kai
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Angelacruz: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
Some hospitals r quack.Try diferent hospitals n even a reputable lab.Hope u both knw ur Rhesus factor?I wish her safe n sound labour.
Invisible123:
Good evening all,

Now the problem :

My fear:

Thanks Nairalanders.
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by manontree: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
Funny people. The hospital is unbelievable. It's shocking. These errors can occur for a number of reasons but their explanation is so mind-boggling it's hilarious. Why we act this way in Nigeria is beyond explanation

Op. Accept my sympathy on the distress they caused you

Happy marriage
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=Invisible123 post=87008878]Good evening all,

Now the problem :

My fear:

Thanks Nairalanders. [/quote

Nothing should bother you my dear friend

It's probably their mistake but they won't tell you...

May God bless your union ♥️

1 Like

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
Op, you had better take your wife away from that quack hospital. They probably made mistakes with her lab result. I haven't heard about AA with AS hemoglobin before grin grin
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by LordReed(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2020
Amitez:

Genotype that I know does not give such result. If the electrolyte (hooe they still use that) is weak, the results will be blurred and reasonable thing to do is to pour it awsit an use a fredh one. As long as the strip is ok, the result will be clear.

Read https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/genotyping-errors
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by luluosas(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
You mean his girlfriend?
thesicilian:
Ignore the results from that hospital and go ahead with your plans. I'll also advise you take your wife to a more trusted hospital for antenatal care. It is obvious from their explanation they're not to be trusted. A truly respectable hospital would have just owned up to their mistake and apologized. No one is above mistakes, but trying to cover it up is not noble.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by OrjiAlex(m): 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2020
You can charge their Ass 2 court........ur wifey is AA. Even the mum told u the management is just trying 2 cover for there error
Re: Confusion In My Very Young Marriage by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
JewelDiamond:
Error from the lab scientists . IT students precisely
Or maybe they used a material they used for another sample.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Daughters Lied That Their Father Had Sex With Them…. / Wedding Night: House Or Hotel, Which Is Preferable? / Nigerian Female Soldier Cradling Her Newborn Baby (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.