Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me (58634 Views)

How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids / She Is Too Shy To Initiate Lovemaking With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by lepasharon(f): 3:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by CarlosTheJackal: 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
sisisioge:

Abi o...NL is trying to copy one magazine like that in the US, they pay professional writers to write short stories for them to catch readers fancies. Its a good idea, but they always lose the ring of truth.

Which person would live constantly with another human inside the same room for 3 years and not loosen up? Definitely not a woman that's been naked a gazillion times and had same dig ploughing into her for 365X3 days! It is well grin grin
See sexual explicit talk in an arranged format. Chai
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Exodora: 3:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
delugajackson:
This story is adorned with all shades of fakeness.

If you actually believed this trash then you will also believe that Cossy Orjiakor is a virgin and a born again Christian.
You saying there are no virgins
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by jaxxy(m): 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
darlenese:
summary

op and his wife were virgins
they live in US
the wife is shy
op loves her dearly
summary

op and his wife were virgins
they live in US
the wife is shy
op loves her dearly

Op doesn't have any problem .

He has actually, sm of his major needs and likes are not being met. A wife is a companion and confidant not a sex machine/doll and cook. He needs her to be more. I know exactly how he feels.

If care isn’t taken over time he can get attracted to other ladies who are conversationalist or more interactive with him than his wife. I’ve experienced that with a gal I’ve dated in the past.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by mrkia(m): 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
Guy you got no issue here. I think your wife just tried hard to please you far back then. Her real personality is what you are now experiencing of her.

My brother, ones personality is what made up one while ones attitude is largely a reaction to his/ her environment. Okay what your wife gave you back then was based purely on what she thought would please you. So, my brother, you just got what you will forever live with ooo. I think you're lucky though. Enjoy your live s with your shy wife
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Mizwisdom(f): 3:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
Cock and Bull story

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Exodora: 3:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
sisisioge:

Abi o...NL is trying to copy one magazine like that in the US, they pay professional writers to write short stories for them to catch readers fancies. Its a good idea, but they always lose the ring of truth.

Which person would live constantly with another human inside the same room for 3 years and not loosen up? Definitely not a woman that's been naked a gazillion times and had same dig ploughing into her for 365X3 days! It is well grin grin
My uncle's wife .
They have 4 children now. She wears her p*nt and bra.. while with us(girls) but immediately she hears her husband coming boom she rushed inside to cover up .Have tried to talk sense into her but no way . And the husband sef is one kind local husband . Tells me many things told her to spice the marriage she said is not working.
The only time they have sex is only when they want to want babies after that no sex that because they sleep in a separate room. Wonder what type of marriage is that .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by shogsman(m): 4:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
This delusions you people promote to FP is getting more and more annoying everyday.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by TemmyT002(m): 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Interesting.
They should do a movie about this.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Marchman: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
My wife had the same issue, being a virgin when we married. I was a pro though. Talk to her about it, that she shod be free with you, that her body is your and yours hers. Be free with her. Walk naked in the house. Encourage her, and soon she will be less shy
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Rubicon67(m): 4:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
NextD18:
You are unnecessarily bothered and looking for problems where there's none.

It takes the grace of God for a woman to be loyal and respectful to her husband after relocating to America. It's take the grace of God for that to happen, because it has been statistically proven that 99.591% of Nigerian women v'got high possibilities of changing to a disrespectful and wild dogs to their husband once they relocate to the West.

Kindly appreciate and encourage her.
Stop complaining!
She's a reserved type!
You should be thankful to God, because when she'll start being over expressive, and wild towards you, you'll know it's better to live in hell, than to live with a disrespectful and wild woman in America.

You ABSOLUTELY nailed it. I couldn't agree with you more if my life depends on it.

The OP should be thankful for the kind of woman God has blessed him with. I do not see anything wrong with this amazing woman. Thank your stars and continue to encourage communication...many would rather have such woman as a wife rather than 'Rottweilers' that will regularly call you unthinkable names, possibly cheat behind your back and devise agenda that will deprive you of everything you have worked for, once they feel they have 'arrived'.

Case dismissed.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Jetfire: 4:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
Only if you knew the treasure you have as a wife ..... you will start seeing the bright side of things ..... I had a gf like her once and i lost her out of my stupidity and neglence .... Your wife adores you and sees you as her mentor ... someone she’s learning from and eager to explore with..... Trust me bruh, making you happy is one of her major priority.

If you want her to open up more, be more of her frend and her lover. Use more of actions than words ... lay on her body while you watch tele and gist about the movie or other things... be more friendly and close to her ... with words, gist and body contacts ( not just the hug) like hold hands in bed after sex while you gist/talk about the sex or other things... Be the bad guy! (By that I mean in showing her your love making skills and taking of things.... she’s loyal to you.... never ever , I repeat never ever ever never ever mess your marriage up .... instead you both should learn and grow together...
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by miltonchux(m): 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Op enjoy your marriage, tease her, show her love, go on picnic sometimes. When the kids start coming things will change ok. Don't try to change her, as far as you have peace of mind in your home and you lack nothing. Enjoy your marriage bro.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by chronique(m): 4:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:
This is a bit long but please bear with me.

I’ve been married to my amazingly beautiful wife for 3 years. The problem is she is very shy around me but at the same time seems to try to secretly please me constantly. It leaves me feeling guilty and I’m not sure of what to do next.

Backstory:

I met her through my mom. My MIL and my mom are childhood friends who grew up together. I never met her at the time since I lived in the US while She was in Nigeria. When I was 20 I saw her in a family friend’s wedding album. I was floored and my eyes were watering. She was the most attractive girl I had ever seen.

I figured out her FB and messaged her since I didn't want to initiate contact through our moms. I struck up a conversation. I soon realized that my mom fed info about me to my MIL which in turn got fed to her , so she already knew a fair bit about me. We chatted constantly, met up on my vacation to Nigeria , and hung out together every day. I learn she is still a virgin saving herself for marriage. I was still one too, mostly because A) I was chubby most of my life and didn't dare go near girls in that state and B) when I did start getting more fit, I already fell in love with her and it felt wrong dating at the same time. So yeah we had that in common.

Skipping ahead again to three years ago when I graduated from grad school. We met up a handful of times more, and things were awesome. She was outgoing with me, giggling over almost nothing and general silliness. We never did anything sexual, but we were intimate enough and honestly seeing her gave me goosebumps, so it wasn't on my mind. On one visit to Nigeria, she brought up the topic of marriage in a joking manner, something about how our mom's always planned it. I jokingly replied that I would be happy to marry her, then she got all serious and asked if I was for real. I said yes and, well, the rest is history.

The problem:

We had our wedding in Nigeria and, after the papers got sorted, she moved to the US to live with me. The first few months were interesting. She knows English pretty well and she majored in her native language, so she looked for translation jobs. She never got replies from employers, so I was getting a little suspicious, especially since she was an honors student at a pretty high ranking international university. I found out that she wasn't actually sending the applications out. I bring this up gently with her, and she starts tearing a bit telling me she wants to be a stay at home wife and that she didn't think I would be proud of her if she didn't get a real job. She says she was going to tell me soon, which I believe because I found a recent word document in our computer that was basically a draft of the speech she was going to give me. I don't mind her staying at home as I bring in enough money for the both of us and she is a really good cook.

This prompted me to sit down with her and figure out where our communication is breaking down. After a bunch of long discussions about this, I felt we were on the same page. She was still growing more timid around me and didn't start conversations easily with me, but she always seemed happy. I stepped up my displays of affection, showering her with compliments, hugs, and kisses. I would often catch her staring at me (usually while we ate), to which she would get red-faced and look away quickly. It’s been 3 years now and still does the smiling stare, except now she doesn’t look away when I catch her. The conversation starting has gotten a bit better, but nowhere near pre-marriage. While she always had this quiet peacefulness to her, I noticed she is intentionally not doing things that might get me worked up. Examples being: discussing politics (we have the same views), discussing my work problems, discussing anything philosophical in nature, etc. She will respond if I start, but she doesn’t take the initiative like before. I really miss that.

The sex is...interesting? As I said before, I didn't have any prior experience so I can't judge her, but she just lays on the bed and doesn’t move until I suggest to. She never initiates but never declines. I try to make it about her more often than not, but if I’m looking for feedback she quietly agrees with whatever I'm doing. After we finish, she lays in the same position looking at me, sometimes smiling, sometimes teary-eyed. I take it she likes it, but then again she never likes to talk about sex. From what I gather in our pre-marriage talks, she doesn't have any negative views on it and it wasn't shunned by her parents, it's just that she is shy. She doesn't like me seeing her naked even though I do (ha ha...:/ ). She is…shy very well proportioned…and I tell her how it is so she shouldn’t feel self-conscious. But she still covers up outside of sex.

Another issue is fitness: I work out constantly at home or in the park (calisthenics) and I invite her to join but she politely declines. She runs almost every morning so I thought maybe she gets enough from that. But I have noticed that my weight backpack at home is sometimes at a different weight than when I left it. I have also noticed She has made some serious butt/thigh gains which really stand out on her thin frame. When I ask if she is doing anything differently, she says “maybe it’s the running” then changes the subject. I don’t understand why she is working out in secret. This is most likely my fault though since I used to try and tease her into working out with me; I made a silly remark about how squatting/ham-raises will put more meat on her legs.

Conclusion:

Guys and gals, I need help. I love my wife dearly. She is funnier than any comedian, more disciplined than any soldier, and more beautiful than any celebrity. But she is making me feel weird by trying to secretly improve herself based on my preferences. Her shyness around me is awkward and I want a return to the easy-going pre-marriage . Has anyone had experience with this?

Also: she has made many friends here and still is in contact with a few back home. However she doesn't seem excited to be around them as much as when I offer to go out with her. She's always offers to cancel plans to stay in with me or go for a walk. I thought she might be depressed, but she is super cheerful even when she doesn't know I'm around.

All I can say to you is gerarahia mehn!!! Where or what exactly is the problem?
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Joclebs(m): 4:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
You finished reading the story , instead of you to offer a solution or to just pass you keep on saying it's a *fake story* . does it matter?

Rubbish!
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by anoziechi(f): 4:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
she is my kind of person...but if na on top bed...i am always in charge...and my oga likes it
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
OP might actually be saying the truth contrary to the opinion of some nairalanders.
I know of someone who told me that his wife does not like him seeing her naked despite being married for 10 years. She covers up immediately after sex.

Some women do that for different reasons. One of which is that they might not be proud about a part of their body. Most especially falling olympus and big tummy. And as we know that men are moved by what they see!

Also, the story might sound unbelievable because such women are rare. The type of women out there do not send you at all!!!!
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Heavance(m): 4:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

I’ve been married to my amazingly beautiful wife for 3 years. The problem is she is very shy around me but at the same time seems to try to secretly please me constantly. It leaves me feeling guilty and I’m not sure of what to do next.

Backstory:

I met her through my mom. My MIL and my mom are childhood friends who grew up together. I never met her at the time since I lived in the US while She was in Nigeria. When I was 20 I saw her in a family friend’s wedding album. I was floored and my eyes were watering. She was the most attractive girl I had ever seen.

I figured out her FB and messaged her since I didn't want to initiate contact through our moms. I struck up a conversation. I soon realized that my mom fed info about me to my MIL which in turn got fed to her , so she already knew a fair bit about me. We chatted constantly, met up on my vacation to Nigeria , and hung out together every day. I learn she is still a virgin saving herself for marriage. I was still one too, mostly because A) I was chubby most of my life and didn't dare go near girls in that state and B) when I did start getting more fit, I already fell in love with her and it felt wrong dating at the same time. So yeah we had that in common.

Skipping ahead again to three years ago when I graduated from grad school. We met up a handful of times more, and things were awesome. She was outgoing with me, giggling over almost nothing and general silliness. We never did anything sexual, but we were intimate enough and honestly seeing her gave me goosebumps, so it wasn't on my mind. On one visit to Nigeria, she brought up the topic of marriage in a joking manner, something about how our mom's always planned it. I jokingly replied that I would be happy to marry her, then she got all serious and asked if I was for real. I said yes and, well, the rest is history.

The problem:

We had our wedding in Nigeria and, after the papers got sorted, she moved to the US to live with me. The first few months were interesting. She knows English pretty well and she majored in her native language, so she looked for translation jobs. She never got replies from employers, so I was getting a little suspicious, especially since she was an honors student at a pretty high ranking international university. I found out that she wasn't actually sending the applications out. I bring this up gently with her, and she starts tearing a bit telling me she wants to be a stay at home wife and that she didn't think I would be proud of her if she didn't get a real job. She says she was going to tell me soon, which I believe because I found a recent word document in our computer that was basically a draft of the speech she was going to give me. I don't mind her staying at home as I bring in enough money for the both of us and she is a really good cook.

This prompted me to sit down with her and figure out where our communication is breaking down. After a bunch of long discussions about this, I felt we were on the same page. She was still growing more timid around me and didn't start conversations easily with me, but she always seemed happy. I stepped up my displays of affection, showering her with compliments, hugs, and kisses. I would often catch her staring at me (usually while we ate), to which she would get red-faced and look away quickly. It’s been 3 years now and still does the smiling stare, except now she doesn’t look away when I catch her. The conversation starting has gotten a bit better, but nowhere near pre-marriage. While she always had this quiet peacefulness to her, I noticed she is intentionally not doing things that might get me worked up. Examples being: discussing politics (we have the same views), discussing my work problems, discussing anything philosophical in nature, etc. She will respond if I start, but she doesn’t take the initiative like before. I really miss that.

The sex is...interesting? As I said before, I didn't have any prior experience so I can't judge her, but she just lays on the bed and doesn’t move until I suggest to. She never initiates but never declines. I try to make it about her more often than not, but if I’m looking for feedback she quietly agrees with whatever I'm doing. After we finish, she lays in the same position looking at me, sometimes smiling, sometimes teary-eyed. I take it she likes it, but then again she never likes to talk about sex. From what I gather in our pre-marriage talks, she doesn't have any negative views on it and it wasn't shunned by her parents, it's just that she is shy. She doesn't like me seeing her naked even though I do (ha ha...:/ ). She is…shy very well proportioned…and I tell her how it is so she shouldn’t feel self-conscious. But she still covers up outside of sex.

Another issue is fitness: I work out constantly at home or in the park (calisthenics) and I invite her to join but she politely declines. She runs almost every morning so I thought maybe she gets enough from that. But I have noticed that my weight backpack at home is sometimes at a different weight than when I left it. I have also noticed She has made some serious butt/thigh gains which really stand out on her thin frame. When I ask if she is doing anything differently, she says “maybe it’s the running” then changes the subject. I don’t understand why she is working out in secret. This is most likely my fault though since I used to try and tease her into working out with me; I made a silly remark about how squatting/ham-raises will put more meat on her legs.

Conclusion:

Guys and gals, I need help. I love my wife dearly. She is funnier than any comedian, more disciplined than any soldier, and more beautiful than any celebrity. But she is making me feel weird by trying to secretly improve herself based on my preferences. Her shyness around me is awkward and I want a return to the easy-going pre-marriage . Has anyone had experience with this?

Also: she has made many friends here and still is in contact with a few back home. However she doesn't seem excited to be around them as much as when I offer to go out with her. She's always offers to cancel plans to stay in with me or go for a walk. I thought she might be depressed, but she is super cheerful even when she doesn't know I'm around.

For the first time on nairaland, I read a long write up without skipping.
This looks like a movie script, bro you are really blessed with a wife. Whenever you wake up, go on your knees, and thank God you find a woman/wife /sister/friend, I thank God on your behalf that you didn't end up with a slay queen.

Wait, you even mentioned she cancels other plans just to go out with you, or a work (and she is so cheerful doing that).... Choiiiii, you are really blessed with a woman who doesn't like unnecessary gossip, as that's what those friends will turn her into.

Enjoy your wife, enjoy your life, I understand your mind (you want her to be very free and start conversations and be bold) she will get there. Everything you explained about that lady (your wife) is exceptional, more like your mom kept a raw gold her in Nigeria for you, and you came to pick it up all the way from obodoyibo without paying tax, you are extremely lucky.

With time, she will get bolder. She may not be an extrovert, or one who likes crowd, or one who likes unnecessary attention. Maybe take her to places where you guys can dance in the open, or where couples go and the music calls for couples to take the stage one after the other.

My brother, you are blessed.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Cutiekatty: 5:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
You guys should bath together. Case close
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Dollabiz: 5:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Are you ugly
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
This story is just to good to be true. Until I meet this 'wife' in person and can confirm the story, I consider it gullibility to waste a thought and another second on this.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
undecided
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by clemmonce(m): 5:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
NextD18:

It takes the grace of God for a woman to be loyal and respectful to her husband after relocating to America. It's take the grace of God for that to happen, because it has been statistically proven that 99.591% of Nigerian women v'got high possibilities of changing to a disrespectful and wild dogs to their husband once they relocate to the West.

Stop complaining!
She's a reserved type!
You should be thankful to God, because when she'll start being over expressive, and wild towards you, you'll know it's better to live in hell, than to live with a disrespectful and wild woman in America.
seconded. Absolutely correct.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by madridsta007(m): 5:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
NextD18:

Stop complaining!
She's a reserved type!

You've answered for everyone of us.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Enemyofpeace: 5:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
She is just exactly like dominique, always shy in the public
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by bezimo(m): 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bervelyhillz:

Backstory:

The problem:

Conclusion:

I don't think you have any serious problem, but to make her easen up with you and be more free you have to communicate, communicate and communicate until she freely expresses stuff to you without reservation. You should initiate the communication and try to discuss things she likes from there she will come up to the level you want.
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by bezimo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
NextD18:

Stop complaining!
She's a reserved type!

So true moreover I hear the statistics is 100% proven for Igbo girls.lol
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Isoduwa(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
That's Una personal problem �
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by AdeMoss: 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
I believe this happened because you probably didn't ask this question, "Do you want to relocate and leave your family and friends?"
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by aalangel(f): 7:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
So what's the actual problem here Mr. OP
Re: My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me by Odkboy23(m): 8:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Your wife is an introvert, just read up on that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Carries Her Husband On Her Back While Crossing Muddy Road (Pictures) / ‘I Want To Kill You Dad’: Kid Says After Catching Him Cheating On Her Mum(video) / Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.