Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) (49502 Views)

Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement / Narrative Of A Journey From Sokoto To Akwa Ibom / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Olalekank(m): 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
phockallmods:

I can never miss Nigeria .I'm studying nursing to leave the country even. I hate Nigeria to the core.
Haq haq haq

Never stayed outside the country for more 3 months and at some point, I missed Nigeria, up to a point. I was staying with fellow Nigerians at the time.

Also worthy to note that I hated and still hate Nigeria and thought I would never miss it. Realized I was only being a clown

Please, prepare your mind that you would miss Nigeria; because you will no matter how hard you try to think otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Olalekank:

Haq haq haq

Never stayed outside the country for more 3 months and at some point, I missed Nigeria, up to a point. I was staying with fellow Nigerians at the time.

Also worthy to note that I hated and still hate Nigeria and thought I would never miss it. Realized I was only being a clown

Please, prepare your mind that you would miss Nigeria; because you will no matter how hard you try to think otherwise.
amsure we wont reallyknow how much wewould miss nigeria until we ve actually travelled out
nonetheless i feel we must surely miss something even if its the ewagoin or the egufe.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
Olalekank:

Haq haq haq

Please tell them.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Yemisih(f): 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
Uhmmmmm tnk u so much I appreciate ds well detailed response.
Soknown:

It is possible, but you will not be able to use the accommodation provided by the trust for the family. I have a friend that came with hubby and daughter. She stayed in the accommodation but the family was with her relatives in another town. After the OSCE, she got a house for the family to move back together. Her daughter was schooling in the other town during the OSCE, when the family moved in together, she got another school for her. It's government responsibility to provide school for the children once you have made the application.

I have another friend that moved with her son, no relatives. Before she came, she has identified with a church, church members helped her to secure accommodation and sometimes helped her to look after the son when she was preparing for OSCE. She quickly got a car, because she was from a Caribbean country that drive same way as UK, she was still using her home country driving driving license.

My point is, everything is possible, it all depends on your level of support.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
I continued with my agency work in my spare time. I registered with another agency, this one is in Redhill, a stone-throw to my house as a matter of fact. Smartheart Professionals, this one seems to be more organised than the first agency that i was working with. I send my availability to them and they would book me on available shifts. A particular day in February at the height of Winter, i got a shift in Sunrise of Purley. A posh nursing and residential home in Purley, (one of the popular sunrise and gracewell homes.) I left home 0625hr to catch the 0630hr Bus 405 to Croydon. It takes about 28 minutes to reach Purley from Redhill. I have disembarked and walking to the Nursing home before i was jolted back to reality, i had no beanie and no gloves, the wind was strong and billowing in serious fury driving the winter cold into my bones. I trekked for just 5 minutes but it seem like eternity, when i got the home and wanted to sign, my fingers were gone, my ears were like dried leaves. I sat down in the warmth of the office for some minutes to get the blood flowing again, Signed in, got the hand-over, grabbed a cup of tea, and started work.
At close of business, i trekked to the bus-stop but missed the bus, i had to wait for another hour before the next bus comes, a dilemma should i walk back to the home and come back when it is about time for the next bus or stay hoping another bus by stroke of luck get diverted to the bus-stop. Against better judgement, i decided to wait stupidly at the bus-stop, hammered by the wind and shaking like a leaf, i tried everything. Physiology ( deliberately initiating shivering to generate some heat), Ergonomics (leaving only oneleg exposed, sitting on the other one, chemistry( pooling saliva in my mouth,warming it up with my tongue before swallowing unfortunately no Costas in place i could have gone for some coffe) Psychology ( positive thinking, i am not cold, i am not cold turning into song, singing with gnashing teeth and shivering lips.) all in a bid to stay warm. Well the bus came 10 minutes late, I was looking at the poor driver like where have you been all this while dude. I learnt to always have my beanie and gloves in my bag.

17 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by phockallmods: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2020
Olalekank:

Haq haq haq

I'm a core introvert so if it's about "boredom", I'm used to it. I can maybe only miss my family. Fvck Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by phockallmods: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2020
Soknown:
I continued with my agency work in my spare time. I registered with another agency, this one is in Redhill, a stone-throw to my house as a matter of fact. Smartheart Professionals, this one seems to be more organised than the first agency that i was working with. I send my availability to them and they would book me on available shifts. A particular day in February at the height of Winter, i got a shift in Sunrise of Purley. A posh nursing and residential home in Purley, (one of the popular sunrise and gracewell homes.) I left home 0625hr to catch the 0630hr Bus 405 to Croydon. It takes about 28 minutes to reach Purley from Redhill. I have disembarked and walking to the Nursing home before i was jolted back to reality, i had no beanie and no gloves, the wind was strong and billowing in serious fury driving the winter cold into my bones. I trekked for just 5 minutes but it seem like eternity, when i got the home and wanted to sign, my fingers were gone, my ears were like dried leaves. I sat down in the warmth of the office for some minutes to get the blood flowing again, Signed in, got the hand-over, grabbed a cup of tea, and started work.
At close of business, i trekked to the bus-stop but missed the bus, i had to wait for another hour before the next bus comes, a dilemma should i walk back to the home and come back when it is about time for the next bus or stay hoping another bus by stroke of luck get diverted to the bus-stop. Against better judgement, i decided to wait stupidly at the bus-stop, hammered by the wind and shaking like a leaf, i tried everything. Physiology ( deliberately initiating shivering to generate some heat), Ergonomics (leaving only oneleg exposed, sitting on the other one, chemistry( pooling saliva in my mouth,warming it up with my tongue before swallowing unfortunately no Costas in place i could have gone for some coffe) Psychology ( positive thinking, i am not cold, i am not cold turning into song, singing with gnashing teeth and shivering lips.) all in a bid to stay warm. Well the bus came 10 minutes late, I was looking at the poor driver like where have you been all this while dude. I learnt to always have my beanie and gloves in my bag.
You give me joy with your writing.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Olalekank(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2020
phockallmods:

I'm a core introvert so if it's about "boredom", I'm used to it. I can maybe only miss my family. Fvck Nigeria
I agree with you. Fvck Nigeria
I don't have to give any explanation

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Luchiano54: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2020
OP, nice thread.
I think I know who your friend is.
For confirmation purpose,is she currently on leave back in Nigeria and couldn't travel back because of the pandemic?

I have worked 4 lond days in a row, i am having three days off. the first day of off, i went to see my friend, the one i travelled with from Nigeria.
She was planning to travel back to Nigeria. During our preparartion for the OSCE, she lost her Dad. That partiuclar day, i discovered she was nowhere to be found in the class, so i asked around and was told she has gone back home. After we closed the class, another friend told me that she went home because she got a call from Nigeria that her dad died. We informed the facilitator who was really shaken. So i organised everyone to say their thought in a video and posted it to her on her WhatsApp. When we got back to Noble house, four of us went to her room. She did not even close her door. She was still crying, i gave her tissues to clean up. and sat down with her for hours. She did not want to eat but we managed to persuade her to eat a little noodles. We supported her through the week-end. By next monday she was fit enough to continue class. She told the family back in Nigeria to post-pone the burial till when she wil be available. So this January after settling down well and was able to save some money, she was travelling to attend the burial of her father, i visited to bid her journey mercy and not to forget to bring ogbonno.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
Luchiano54:

OP, nice thread.
I think I know who your friend is.
For confirmation purpose,is she currently on leave back in Nigeria and couldn't travel back because of the pandemic?.
Thanks for your comment, when did you arrive and are you in Surrey.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for being open to all questions. From your experience ,what would you advise a family that can afford the 5m?
Apply together with the principal but wait till after the OSCE? or wait for the principal to go and then start the visa processing?

Soknown:

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Thanks for being open to all questions. From your experience ,what would you advise a family that can afford the 5m?
Apply together with the principal but wait till after the OSCE? or wait for the principal to go and then start the visa processing?

If you apply together, then you have to travel almost together, reason- you have to travel within some days of receiving your visa. So that you can meet up with the collection of your Brp. You can not collect on anyone's behalf. You have to consider accommodation also.
Having family with you could be a big support base for you as you prepare for the exam or it could be a big distraction. No two circumstances are the same.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Thank you......this is a very very valid information. we never thought of the BRP.

Soknown:

If you apply together, then you have to travel almost together, reason- you have to travel within some days of receiving your visa. So that you can meet up with the collection of your Brp. You can not collect on anyone's behalf. You have to consider accommodation also.
Having family with you could be a big support base for you as you prepare for the exam or it could be a big distraction. No two circumstances are the same.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
My wife went for the IOM with the children after she has scheduled an appointment and paid the necessary fee. As usual she with IOM, she met a mammoth crowd in the hall. She was given the form to fill, she got to the point where she needed to put the address of the place she is going. She didn't know which address to put, she called me but i was at work. i usually put my phone on silence on the ward unless i have critical time bound medications that i need to set personal alarms for. She was calling for like 30 minutes, no reply from her man. Anger was setting in. My first break was between break was between 1015hr and 1030hr, sitting down for the first time since i resumed in the morning, i checked my phone, i was alarmed with the number of missed calls, i dashed out to call her. If i were in her shoes, i would be boiling with rage too. I am sorry could do a lot in a relationship so says a wise man, she became calm. Now the dilemma, should i give her the present address knowing that i will move out before she comes over, i decided to give her the Hospital's address, that is not changing anytime soon, moreover it is the address on the CoS. She did the x-ray and the children were examined but not subjected to x-ray. The x-ray report was reviewed by the physician attached to the agency and certificate issued to them with the special instruction not fold or allow the certificate to be wrinkled. In the evening, it was my turn to be angry when she told me she used motor bike on Mobolaji bank-anthony way as she was going back home with the children. How, why i mean four people on a bike, i was outraged, but i remembered i have done that in the past too. It is amazing how human mind can select what to remember or forget, whichever one that is convenient.
I have a tripartite lifestyle now, go to work, come back home, go for agency work. Work on the ward is becoming more convenient, recently SASH increased the bank rate, so you earn almost what you will earn working with agencies so i decided to stick with doing bank shifts on my ward or some familiar wards. Working on the ward started becoming routine-like with few surprises now and then but overall manageable. The hierrachy of the ward has changed. The ward that i met when i resumed is not the substantive manager, The substantive manager has been on Marternity leave, due to come back fully in April, so she resumed 18 hours/week shift in March to ease her re-introduction into scheme of things. In April the matron who is her boss resigned, the substantive ward manager then applied for the matron post and she got it. So the position of the ward manager was then advertized openly, we expected that the person that has been standing in as the ward manager to apply for the post, but she declined, she said she does not want it, quite surprising. she said being a substantive ward manager will detract her career trajectory.
So the band six lady that i worked with on my first day, applied and got the job, the lady that was standing in as the manager reverted to band six, quite strange.
Spring was upon us, i started having issues with my eyes, itchy, watery eyes, could not see well, some says it was hay fever, but i know usually have hay fever, it was not like this. I went to Spec-savers, got my eyes checked, did well on the tests but not well enough, would need some augmentation, simply glasses. So i have to select a frame, paid for it and they will put the glasses in it to be collected at a later date. The glasses made me look like a village headmaster but since they do not know what a village headmaster look like here they started calling me Professor because of the glass and the name stuck like glue.
I went back to the market looking for a house, a two bedroom apartment to rent in anticipation of my family. I renewed my registration with the letting agencies and online sites. Some landlords would say, they do not want fmaily with Children, some no children less than 10. No pets No smokers. All sort of conditions. Finally i got one very close to the town center, very lovely neighborhood. I booked viewing with the agent. I called on my friend to view it with me, to view through the 'ladies' eye. It was a very good apartment on St anne's road, two bdroom with free parking space, good energy rating, lovely non communal backyard garden, all £950 it was too good to be true. I told the agent i will see her in the office tomorrow and pay the withholding fee. I called her the following morning to check if she is in the office already only to be told that someone paid the with holding fee last night. I was furious with myself. I continued searching. I got another very good one, not close to the town center but close to a good school at £1100/cm, i inspected it alone with the agent, i love it so i paid for the withholding fee immediately, i do not want a repeat of what happened at the house on St anne's road. i got all the necessary forms. I sent out the reference forms, some came back after few days, after a week. the land lord said he is travelling so he would not have time to complete the process. so my money will be returned to me. I was dissapointed but kept searching......

6 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
phockallmods:

I can never miss Nigeria .I'm studying nursing to leave the country even. I hate Nigeria to the core.

I don't have much to give. Just manage bro

6 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
collinsuchendu:

I don't have much to give. Just manage bro
Lolz.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Yemisih(f): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
I can feel her pain sha grin grin, d's house rent wahala no be small matter o.
Soknown:
My wife went for the IOM with the children after she has scheduled an appointment and paid the necessary fee. As usual she with IOM, she met a mammoth crowd in the hall. She was given the form to fill, she got to the point where she needed to put the address of the place she is going. She didn't know which address to put, she called me but i was at work. i usually put my phone on silence on the ward unless i have critical time bound medications that i need to set personal alarms for. She was calling for like 30 minutes, no reply from her man. Anger was setting in. My first break was between break was between 1015hr and 1030hr, sitting down for the first time since i resumed in the morning, i checked my phone, i was alarmed with the number of missed calls, i dashed out to call her. If i were in her shoes, i would be boiling with rage too. I am sorry could do a lot in a relationship so says a wise man, she became calm. Now the dilemma, should i give her the present address knowing that i will move out before she comes over, i decided to give her the Hospital's address, that is not changing anytime soon, moreover it is the address on the CoS. She did the x-ray and the children were examined but not subjected to x-ray. The x-ray report was reviewed by the physician attached to the agency and certificate issued to them with the special instruction not fold or allow the certificate to be wrinkled. In the evening, it was my turn to be angry when she told me she used motor bike on Mobolaji bank-anthony way as she was going back home with the children. How, why i mean four people on a bike, i was outraged, but i remembered i have done that in the past too. It is amazing how human mind can select what to remember or forget, whichever one that is convenient.
I have a tripartite lifestyle now, go to work, come back home, go for agency work. Work on the ward is becoming more convenient, recently SASH increased the bank rate, so you earn almost what you will earn working with agencies so i decided to stick with doing bank shifts on my ward or some familiar wards. Working on the ward started becoming routine-like with few surprises now and then but overall manageable. The hierrachy of the ward has changed. The ward that i met when i resumed is not the substantive manager, The substantive manager has been on Marternity leave, due to come back fully in April, so she resumed 18 hours/week shift in March to ease her re-introduction into scheme of things. In April the matron who is her boss resigned, the substantive ward manager then applied for the matron post and she got it. So the position of the ward manager was then advertized openly, we expected that the person that has been standing in as the ward manager to apply for the post, but she declined, she said she does not want it, quite surprising. she said being a substantive ward manager will detract her career trajectory.
So the band six lady that i worked with on my first day, applied and got the job, the lady that was standing in as the manager reverted to band six, quite strange.
Spring was upon us, i started having issues with my eyes, itchy, watery eyes, could not see well, some says it was hay fever, but i know usually have hay fever, it was not like this. I went to Spec-savers, got my eyes checked, did well on the tests but not well enough, would need some augmentation, simply glasses. So i have to select a frame, paid for it and they will put the glasses in it to be collected at a later date. The glasses made me look like a village headmaster but since they do not know what a village headmaster look like here they started calling me Professor because of the glass and the name stuck like glue.
I went back to the market looking for a house, a two bedroom apartment to rent in anticipation of my family. I renewed my registration with the letting agencies and online sites. Some landlords would say, they do not want fmaily with Children, some no children less than 10. No pets No smokers. All sort of conditions. Finally i got one very close to the town center, very lovely neighborhood. I booked viewing with the agent. I called on my friend to view it with me, to view through the 'ladies' eye. It was a very good apartment on St anne's road, two bdroom with free parking space, good energy rating, lovely non communal backyard garden, all £950 it was too good to be true. I told the agent i will see her in the office tomorrow and pay the withholding fee. I called her the following morning to check if she is in the office already only to be told that someone paid the with holding fee last night. I was furious with myself. I continued searching. I got another very good one, not close to the town center but close to a good school at £1100/cm, i inspected it alone with the agent, i love it so i paid for the withholding fee immediately, i do not want a repeat of what happened at the house on St anne's road. i got all the necessary forms. I sent out the reference forms, some came back after few days, after a week. the land lord said he is travelling so he would not have time to complete the process. so my money will be returned to me. I was dissapointed but kept searching......

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Jaycew(f): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yemisih:
I can feel her pain sha grin grin, d's house rent wahala no be small matter o.
Honestly
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
wow sir i didn't know it takes all this while to get a house ...
thanks for the expose nonetheless

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Smartmed:
wow sir i didn't know it takes all this while to get a house ...
thanks for the expose nonetheless
Most people start to search for house two to three months ahead, before their present tenancy expires.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by ambo1: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Soknown:

Thanks, i am trying to keep it up. I will try to throw in pictures where i know it will make positive impact. ( the fact is i do not have many pictures)
Is the Moniker feminine ? because everyone assumes that i am a Lady. I am afraid you are all wrong. Soknown is a Man.
The texture of your writing feels feminine...hmmm, am hooked!
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Luchiano54: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2020

No,not in Surrey.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:31am On Apr 18, 2020
ambo1:

The texture of your writing feels feminine...hmmm, am hooked!
Thanks, may be my alter ego is feminine.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 11:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Luchiano54:

No,not in Surrey.
Oh okay, how are you keeping?
You know i had to go back to read all that i have written so far to make sure i did not reveal anyone's identity un-necessarily.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please allow me to break the news here, i have started working on a book, a reali-fiction (whatever that really means). I will post the thread here on Nairaland's Literature section, i will put the link on this thread. Thank you to everyone that has read my Journal, the journal continues because i just got to April 2019.
Starting this journal has really taught me some personal lessons which i will take into the next project. I appreciate everyone who has read and commended me for the write-up despite obvious inadeqaucies, I have never written a story before. You will agree with me that the year has been an unusual year, time to do unusual things.
So this is the new story in my signature.

Modified.

https://www.nairaland.com/5801826/jagam-buller-soldier-boy

9 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Luchiano54: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
I just made I guess. My very good friend ticked all the boxes so I just concluded she might be the one. It's a small world,you know.
Soknown:

Oh okay, how are you keeping?
You know i had to go back to read all that i have written so far to make sure i did not reveal anyone's identity un-necessarily.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Luchiano54:
I just made I guess. My very good friend ticked all the boxes so I just concluded she might be the one. It's a small world,you know.
Yes, it is a small world.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Jaycew(f): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
Soknown:
Please allow me to break the news here, i have started working on a book, a reali-fiction (whatever that really means). I will post the thread here on Nairaland's Literature section, i will put the link on this thread. Thank you to everyone that has read my Journal, the journal continues because i just got to April 2019.
Starting this journal has really taught me some personal lessons which i will take into the next project. I appreciate everyone who has read and commended me for the write-up despite obvious inadeqaucies, I have never written a story before. You will agree with me that the year has been an unusual year, time to do unusual things.

Modified.

Congratulations on your new writing project!
Time to do unusual things indeed. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Soknown:

Modified.

following sir

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Yemisih(f): 8:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Weldone ! more ink to ur pen !!![qquote author=Soknown post=88585408]Please allow me to break the news here, i have started working on a book, a reali-fiction (whatever that really means). I will post the thread here on Nairaland's Literature section, i will put the link on this thread. Thank you to everyone that has read my Journal, the journal continues because i just got to April 2019.

Modified.

https://www.nairaland.com/5801826/jagam-buller-soldier-boy[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Luchiano54: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Congratulations!
Soknown:

Modified.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
Finally i got an offer from Woodland lettings to check an apartment on Ridgeway road. So i chose a date which was confirmed with the landlord. I used google map to navigate to the terrace building. The landlord has two flats in this building but i chose the one that was uppermost on the second floor. The flat goes for £1100 with a deposit of £1200. I followed the agent to Station road where the office is, i paid the withholding fee immediately and got the required forms. I got all the forms filled, reference sorted within one week. we signed the tenancy. The building is built on a ridge, one of the highest point in the town.
Same day i sent a mail to the company managing my present tenancy that i will like to terminate the tenancy by the end of May, it was accepted and and the coast was clear for my wife and children to come over but they would need Visa of course.
In the month of May, i started buying household materials....

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island / PHOTOS: Lady Boards Flight To Ibadan, Arik Plane Lands In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.