Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,090 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) (49500 Views)

Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement / Narrative Of A Journey From Sokoto To Akwa Ibom / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by valcorp: 3:09am On May 21, 2020
Soknown:

I don't understand the question?

I meant what route would you advice someone in his early 30s relocating in December with a science based first degree and he Is interested in practicing Nursing in the UK?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 9:24am On May 21, 2020
neloyah:
Soknown thanks for the update..
Do you have any information on anaesthetic nursing in Nigeria? Or is it more advisable to travel out ?
It depends on your location and passion. Nurse anaesthetists have more than enough to do in the big cities. If you are in Lagos, try the high flying hospitals, a lot of them pay well.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:11pm On May 21, 2020
zagorakis:
Wow!! Mr soknown you are too much.. I really enjoyed the thread i didnt even know when i finished reading everything from page one. Kudos.
Please can i have your email address, want to send you mail.
I will appreciate it if you drop your question here on the thread. Alternatively, if you drop your mail address here I will mail you back
Br.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 1:13pm On May 21, 2020
valcorp:

I meant what route would you advice someone in his early 30s relocating in December with a science based first degree and he Is interested in practicing Nursing in the UK?
You may consider going in for Msc in Mental health nursing.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by neloyah: 2:02pm On May 21, 2020
Soknown:

It depends on your location and passion. Nurse anaesthetists have more than enough to do in the big cities. If you are in Lagos, try the high flying hospitals, a lot of them pay well.

Okay thanks. I'm in Lagos but I'm asking about a school for it, working can come later.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by zagorakis(m): 2:47pm On May 21, 2020
Melodykelvin8770@gmail.com

Soknown:
I will appreciate it if you drop your question here on the thread. Alternatively, if you drop your mail address here I will mail you back
Br.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by valcorp: 3:18pm On May 21, 2020
Soknown:

You may consider going in for Msc in Mental health nursing.
Thank you so much for the response boss. I appreciate
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Nursetemmy: 3:40pm On May 21, 2020
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by EbonyCy(f): 10:19am On May 25, 2020
Interesting topic...But it seems its only nursing one can use and leave this country oooo...
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Olalekank(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2020
EbonyCy:
Interesting topic...But it seems its only nursing one can use and leave this country oooo...
Lol, no
Education, Tech, Canada EE, etc

Just be dedicated at whichever means you want to use to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Jaycew(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2020
Olalekank:

Lol, no
Education, Tech, Canada EE, etc

Just be dedicated at whichever means you want to use to go
I hear migrating to Canada as a nurse can be quite difficult.
How true please?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by phockallmods: 4:43am On May 26, 2020
Jaycew:

I hear migrating to Canada as a nurse can be quite difficult.
How true please?
Very True
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by EbonyCy(f): 12:36pm On May 26, 2020
Chuchu27:
I think I have just found my favorite thread on Nairaland. As someone who will be going back to school to study Nursing in their 30s, this was really encouraging and so far an enjoyable read. Thanks for taking time out of your I'm sure, very busy schedule to document your experience in detail and very articulately. Will be following.

pls are you going through school of nursing or the university?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Jaycew(f): 1:34pm On May 26, 2020
phockallmods:

Very True
Oh wow
Do you have any idea on the procedures? Or is there anyone here that relocated to Canada as a nurse?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Chuchu27: 6:30pm On May 26, 2020
EbonyCy:

pls are you going through school of nursing or the university?

University, not in Nigeria though
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Richdee1(m): 12:20am On May 30, 2020
Sokown comman update this thread ooo Even if na Lockdown pics.. comma. show us

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 7:47pm On May 30, 2020
Jaycew:

Oh wow
Do you have any idea on the procedures? Or is there anyone here that relocated to Canada as a nurse?
Check the travel section very well, there are threads about relocation to Canada as skilled immigrants.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 9:13pm On May 30, 2020
Richdee1:
Sokown comman update this thread ooo
Even if na Lockdown pics.. comma. show us
Lols Richdee1.
The heart of man is desperately wicked, man in its generic form whether, white, black, coloured.
Look at the gathering in some beaches today.
Many healthcare workers lost their lives so that we can control the Covid 19. Now this.

5 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 9:17pm On May 30, 2020
At Durdle door.
Before and after an incident today. Two choppers had to fly in after three people git got injured while driving into the sea.

5 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 9:27pm On May 30, 2020
Tweedledee and Tweedledum, according to one Twitter handle. Two orange hair headed bozos.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2020
Soknown:
At Durdle door.
Before and after an incident today. Two choppers had to fly in after three people git got injured while driving into the sea.

Lord have mercy!
All these gatherings have far reaching consequences.
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:01pm On May 31, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Lord have mercy!
All these gatherings have far reaching consequences.
It's unthinkable but wait for today's event # blacklivesmatter.

1 Like

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:04pm On May 31, 2020
Massive protests in London, Whitehall road leading to Trafalgar square. And also at US Embassy in central London.

3 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:08pm On May 31, 2020
At Trafalgar square

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:10pm On May 31, 2020
Towards downing street.

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:12pm On May 31, 2020
Manchester and South London.

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 5:15pm On May 31, 2020
I am beginning to doubt what I believe to be true.

2 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by johnnywayne(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2020
Soknown:
I am beginning to doubt what I believe to be true.

Which is ?
Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by rinzylee(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2020
Soknown:
I was back to my primary job on 30th of December, it was a beautiful day worked with nice set of nurses and hca and we had fun. I worked long day again the second day, that was the 31st of December,

I have worked 4 lond days in a row, i am having three days off. the first day of off, i went to see my friend, the one i travelled with from Nigeria.
She was planning to travel back to Nigeria. During our preparartion for the OSCE, she lost her Dad. That partiuclar day, i discovered she was nowhere to be found in the class, so i asked around and was told she has gone back home. After we closed the class, another friend told me that she went home because she got a call from Nigeria that her dad died. We informed the facilitator who was really shaken. So i organised everyone to say their thought in a video and posted it to her on her WhatsApp. When we got back to Noble house, four of us went to her room. She did not even close her door. She was still crying, i gave her tissues to clean up. and sat down with her for hours. She did not want to eat but we managed to persuade her to eat a little noodles. We supported her through the week-end. By next monday she was fit enough to continue class. She told the family back in Nigeria to post-pone the burial till when she wil be available. So this January after settling down well and was able to save some money, she was travelling to attend the burial of her father, i visited to bid her journey mercies

Hi Soknown!

First, you are a very beautiful writer. The way you crystallize your thoughts and recount events is heavenly. It almost appears I was part of the "REDHILL 5".

Next is the fact that I have discovered who one of the 5 is. We actually spent 5 years together in Uni...lolz...she would give you a call today or this week. I pulled a sharp one on her and had to send her the link to this memoir after she surrendered.

This world is such a small place, now you have made me have deep reflections on how I treat people and go about my life .

I'm a Physiotherapist, and I was super excited and grateful for how you accorded due recognition to all members of the MDT unlike what we have here in Nigeria. I hope to come over asap.

Are there agencies that help recruit overseas trained physios? Ours is peculiar cos we need to secure a band 6 Job to be eligible for a tier 2 visa. I would appreciate any input.

Once again i say a big well-done.

Happy New month and stay safe!!!!

6 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
rinzylee:

Hi Soknown!

Thank you rinzylee, you should be working for CIA, or our own NIA. How were u able to figure it out. I guess I left a lot of finger prints. Yes the world is a small village with bodies of water called oceans running through and around it. Kudos for figuring her out.
Per the recruitment agencies, I will do some digging hopefully I will get something out, but as of now I've got no clue.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by rinzylee(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
Soknown:

Thank you rinzylee, you should be working for CIA, or our own NIA. How were u able to figure it out. I guess I left a lot of finger prints. Yes the world is a small village with bodies of water called oceans running through and around it. Kudos for figuring her out.
Per the recruitment agencies, I will do some digging hope fully I will get something out, but as of now I've got no clue.
Cheers.

Haha.... Sure I get to run background checks for people once in a while. I knew when her father died so I tracked when she left naija. It's well jari.

I would really appreciate any information on Physio recruitment. It would bless me real good.

Cheers sir!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) by Soknown: 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Truth

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale / Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island / PHOTOS: Lady Boards Flight To Ibadan, Arik Plane Lands In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.