Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed (28505 Views)

Reuben Abati, Rufai Oseni Hail Tinubu For Representing Nigeria Well In France / Saraki’s Loyalists In Federal Executive Positions To Be Sacked, Says Lai Mohamme / Kwara Berlin Wall Broken, Says Lai Mohmmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:30am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

So, I should not support the people risking their lives to protect me and my family, but I should support and believe you ungrateful lying cowards and unpatriotic people.

Abeg keep quiet.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:31am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
While you cowards are here letting us know how hateful, ungrateful and bitter you are about Nigeria, these patriotic and brave Nigerians are risking their lives to protect you, why not say thanks and pray for them.

Evil people.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:35am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

He's the information minister, meaning his job is to provide information that you need to educate you. Take the education and be grateful because a lot of you need the education.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by oaugraduate1234(m): 9:07am On Feb 29, 2020
May God help us in this nation
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Molutex(m): 9:45am On Feb 29, 2020
The name is really affecting this man who name you (lie mohammed)
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Qoko: 9:50am On Feb 29, 2020
When world best country in health facilities are not fully ready and Mallam Lie Muhammed is here beating chest like IPob but this man was one a journalist, how come he didn't normally investigate b4 spooling lies out of his mouth? Set awon Propagandists.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Igbodicool(m): 10:06am On Feb 29, 2020
AUDIO EQUIPMENT AND PREPARATION! Believe at your own peril.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by DrClint2207(m): 10:15am On Feb 29, 2020
This is a political country. Everything is politics, even life and death here in Nigeria are politics. I still dout this lies about Corona virus in Nigeria. If the information is real, let them release the name of the so Italian man on mission which has been fulfilled. Only looking for a way to loot money.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Salisun(m): 10:27am On Feb 29, 2020
This man get problem and d problem b say, e no knw say he get problem...
This man want koba us. With him lie mouth
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Prechy08(m): 11:08am On Feb 29, 2020
this man is stupid
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Gift2Love: 11:45am On Feb 29, 2020
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Bimpe29: 11:46am On Feb 29, 2020
What exactly does Lai Mohammed enjoy/benefit from lying?
Nigeria well equipped?
How?
Even, better economies are not boasting rather they are being drastic, proactive and emphatically managing the epidemic.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by jasman1: 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
Lai again!!!
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by PROJECTBASE: 1:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Swear dey follow this Lai. When U.S confessed that she is well prepared then who is Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Ayobami7(m): 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
见过
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by BlessSammy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
Please someone should tell this old man to shut up.... Even America can't boast of tackling d virus...let alone Nigeria...
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 3:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
BlessSammy:
Please someone should tell this old man to shut up.... Even America can't boast of tackling d virus...let alone Nigeria...

You mean the same America that struggled to defeat the same Ebola that Nigeria easily defeated.

America is still struggling to conduct ordinary tests, the same kind of test that Nigeria conducted and obtained results for in less than 4 hours.

Nigeria: How Being Prepared Avoided a Tragedy

Nigeria’s experience with Ebola shows us how having trained experts in place can make the difference when confronting unexpected health threats.

Nigeria’s success in stopping Ebola was due in large part to the contributions of the Nigerian Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP), a CDC-based program that develops expertise to detect disease outbreaks locally and prevent them from spreading globally. In Lagos, a strong FETP program was already in place, and the team’s contact tracing efforts helped identify and isolate potential cases of Ebola.

Also crucial was the Lagos Emergency Operations Center

“I expected Ebola to spread, but what the Nigerian Government did set an example for all the world,” Frieden said.

Nigeria demonstrates the importance of preparedness. With these two elements of the Global Health Security Agenda in place, Nigeria was able to quickly thwart the Ebola epidemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/security/stories/nigeria-prepared-for-outbreaks.html

The American CDC, the best disease control institution with the best scientists in the world said Nigeria thought them how to prepare for and fight health threats and diseases so which America are you talking about? The one that praised us and admitted that Nigeria showed them how to prepare and combat diseases. ?

I don't know why you people always let ignorance and inferiority complex overtake your brain and thought process.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by DaveAbdulhadi: 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

You mean the same America that struggled to defeat the same Ebola that Nigeria easily defeated.

America is still struggling to conduct ordinary tests, the same kind of test that Nigeria conducted and obtained results for in less than 4 hours.

The American CDC, the best disease control institution with the best scientists in the world said Nigeria thought them how to prepare for and fight health threats and diseases so which America are you talking about? The one that praised us and admitted that Nigeria showed them how to prepare and combat diseases. ?

I don't know why you people always let ignorance and inferiority complex overtake your brain and thought process.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by chuka9: 4:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
Corona virus I though its been spread by corruption, all the corrupt public figure should be quarantined so that it will stop to spread.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by anoziechi(f): 4:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
ordinary boko haram una never defeat....na cororna virus una dey prepared for..... mtcheeeeeeeeew...liar Mohammed
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by comradewanle(m): 5:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Do these criminals think this is a joke? The world's most populous black nation is about to be wiped off and this fool is still lying. I've been coughing since morning and I'm scared, I've never felt this way in my entire life. I also have fever, i don't want to die, someone please! cry

Pls visit the nearest hospital. .....
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by whiteafrique: 6:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
mr linus again..
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Legendguru: 6:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
The old man talks a lot ... virus you couldn’t detect and airport point of entry is what you claim you are well prepared for. Be deceiving yourself
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 6:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Legendguru:
The old man talks a lot ... virus you couldn’t detect and airport point of entry is what you claim you are well prepared for. Be deceiving yourself

He did not display symptoms or was sick when he entered Nigeria and the fact that you are sick from the virus right now doesn't mean you were sick and displayed symptoms this morning or Yesterday. There's an incubation period that you can not do anything about.

Preparedness is not just about detecting infected people, it's about swift response after detection from availability of skilled manpower and first responders to testing laboratory, testing kits, quarantine and contact trackers for proper containment which we have and know all about from out successful defeat of Ebola. We have the tools and the manpower to get the job done.

The first and the best weapon against infection and corona virus is education, but the average Nigerian youth is uneducated, they know nothing about the virus, they don't know about incubation period, what to do or how to prepare, they just get on the internet to embarrass us and confirm that they are clueless about this horrible virus.

Ignorant people fear me more than the virus itself, lean more about the virus for your own sake and the sake of your own family.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Legendguru: 6:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

He did not display symptoms or was sick when he entered Nigeria and the fact that you are sick from the virus right now doesn't mean you were sick and displayed symptoms this morning or Yesterday. There's an incubation period that you can not do anything about.

Preparedness is not just about detecting infected people, it's about swift response after detection from availability of skilled manpower and first responders to testing laboratory, testing kits, quarantine and contact trackers for proper containment which we have and know all about from out successful defeat of Ebola. We have the tools and the manpower to get the job done.

The first and the best weapon against infection and corona virus is education, but the average Nigerian youth is uneducated, they know nothing about the virus, they don't know about incubation period, what to do or how to prepare, they just get on the internet to embarrass us and confirm that they are clueless about this horrible virus.

Ignorant people fear me more than the virus itself, lean more about the virus for your own sake and the sake of your own family.

You don’t need an epistle to defend this man talkative . I believe you travel abroad and i was recently at some point of entry you don’t need to develop symptoms for you to be detected. All passengers were scanned at checkpoints and if you have a that virus you will be automatically detected. It’s even displayed on the screen. Hope you understood how unprepared we are now!
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Simplyleonard: 7:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Legendguru:

You don’t need an epistle to defend this man talkative . I believe you travel abroad and i was recently at some point of entry you don’t need to develop symptoms for you to be detected. All passengers were scanned at checkpoints and if you have a that virus you will be automatically detected. It’s even displayed on the screen. Hope you understood how unprepared we are now!

And thermal scanning, one of the key tools used in airports to identify disease, “can only detect patients who are currently showing symptoms such as fever,” says Billy Quilty, an infectious disease modeler at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Quilty is a co-author of the recent study that found that screening for symptoms at airports is only effective if a virus’ incubation period is short.

https://time.com/5784942/coronavirus-screening-westerdam-testing/

Sometimes we need proper epistle to educate uneducated people, the CDC and scientists all over the world know more about this disease than you lay people on NL talking rubbish.

Airport checks and scans can not detect anything without symptoms, they only detect infected people with symptoms and already been through the incubation stage.

Again, spend more time on educating yourself for your own sake and the sake of your own family.

We quickly identify, isolate, test and treat the Italian man and the only know infected person in Nigeria because we were fully prepared for any eventuality.

It means we were ready with scientific tools, equipment, supplies and skilled manpower to rapidly respond to any eventuality, this is the meaning of preparedness, if you don't know the meaning, just ask.

In America that many of you carry over your head just recorded their first corona virus death, but in Nigeria, we have ZERO, the Italian man is recovering and responding to treatment, eventually, he'll go back to his family safe and sound.

Hate Nigeria or Lai Mohamed all you want, but Nigeria is fully prepared, even more than the country you belittle your own country with.

Unpatriotic cowards, all they have is mouth and ignorance.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
Coronavirus: WHO commends Nigerian govt’s ‘timely’ response

Dr Clement Peter, the Officer-in-Charge of World Health Organisation, WHO, in Nigeria, has commended Federal Government’s efforts “to the timely response to the first case of Covid-19, Coronavirus, in the country.

Peter gave the commendation at a news conference for update on the disease, organised by the Federal Ministry of Health on Friday in Abuja.

The WHO officer said “it is commendable that Nigeria speedily detected the case and is addressing the matter in Lagos.

“We have been working with Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, to provide support on how to control spread.

“I am proud to say that NCDC is one the best control centres in Africa and we will continue to partner with the centre to address the situation.

https://dailynigerian.com/coronavirus-who-commends-nigerian-govts-timely-response/

You hateful and evil wishing people can hate or or wish all the evil you want, we were ready for Ebola and we defeated Ebola same way we are ready for Corona Virus.

I'd listen to WHO before paying attention to you hateful and ignorant people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Million Pounds ‘Stolen’ By Jeremiah Useni Seized In Jersey - Premium Times / PDP Chairmanship: How South-west Lost Out; GEJ, Others React / 2 Former Kogi Governors Pledge Their Support For Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.