Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed (28502 Views)

Reuben Abati, Rufai Oseni Hail Tinubu For Representing Nigeria Well In France / Saraki’s Loyalists In Federal Executive Positions To Be Sacked, Says Lai Mohamme / Kwara Berlin Wall Broken, Says Lai Mohmmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Bleodon01(m): 6:28am On Feb 29, 2020
If they had never wanted us to panic they should'nt had allowed the VIRUS in at all.

They did't or never cared about us because they are selfish...

They know themselves but I know God will see us through again from this mess.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by chikevictor(m): 6:30am On Feb 29, 2020
This man should shut up, he thinks this is a joke or something.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by super254(m): 6:53am On Feb 29, 2020
What China can not put out in 3mnths Nigeria in next ten years can not get it right... Lai Mohammed shut up and speak for himself..we are not ready at all oo
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by MoonWater: 7:06am On Feb 29, 2020
Bankeke:
Ilorin weed is working
whos your link man
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Who is this one lying to. How far BBQ guy na?
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Why do you think I owe you anything? Is it to my benefit that you are ignorant because you know nothing about your country?.

We easily defeated Ebola that was even a more dangerous virus while your so called advanced countries struggled with it. The same advanced countries commended and praised us, but these ungrateful and evil wishing kolomentality people think we're not ready to fight Corona virus that we are already defeating.

Apart from ignorance, you have a sad case of low self-esteem and inferiority complex.

If fact, what are you personally doing to protect you and your family against this virus? Nothing, just sit on NL and moan like a coward and abuse the people who are doing everything to protect you ungrateful cowards.
Quick question how many people caught Ebola?
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by maldino: 7:25am On Feb 29, 2020
Useless man..
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 7:36am On Feb 29, 2020
Bleodon01:
If they had never wanted us to panic they should'nt had allowed the VIRUS in at all.

They did't or never cared about us because they are selfish...

They know themselves but I know God will see us through again from this mess.

Coronavirus: WHO commends Nigerian govt’s ‘timely’ response

Dr Clement Peter, the Officer-in-Charge of World Health Organisation, WHO, in Nigeria, has commended Federal Government’s efforts “to the timely response to the first case of Covid-19, Coronavirus, in the country.

Peter gave the commendation at a news conference for update on the disease, organised by the Federal Ministry of Health on Friday in Abuja.

News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, had earlier on Friday confirmed that an Italian citizen working in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy, to Lagos, Nigeria, on Feb. 25, 2020 tested positive to the virus.

The WHO officer said “it is commendable that Nigeria speedily detected the case and is addressing the matter in Lagos.

“We have been working with Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, to provide support on how to control spread.

“I am proud to say that NCDC is one the best control centres in Africa and we will continue to partner with the centre to address the situation.

According to the minister, Nigeria will continue to follow WHO guidelines and will not put restriction on international travel or begin to quarantine travellers.

He said government would intensify screening at points of entry to prevent further importation of the virus.

“We will follow WHO guidelines because stopping international travel can backfire. So, as long as we can control it, we do not need to overreact, we are working with WHO.

“I only advice people to keep a social distance from people coughing and sneezing and observe respiratory hygiene,” he said.

He explained that as part of efforts to tighten response, Federal Government had increased reagents for testing so that it would not run short of testing kit.

The minister assured that there would be no shortage of the testing reagent and face masks in the county as necessary stakeholders had been contacted for its production.

He also said that the four laboratories across the country have full capacity to respond to the virus.

He recalled that Nigeria had already obtained treatment protocol from China, which was used to treat over 5,000 patients in that country.

https://dailynigerian.com/coronavirus-who-commends-nigerian-govts-timely-response/

WHO is the main authority when it comes to infectious disease and they are already commending the Nigerian government for the swift response and level of preparedness, but you won't here WHO say the same thing about China or America where they are still struggling to get a handle on the disease.

The disease got out of control in China because of incompetence and the government's negative attitude when one brave doctor brought the disease to their attention, they don't even have enough mask and virus-fighting kits to give to their citizens, they are currently rationing food in a lot of places

In the US, the Coronavirus Test Kits Sent to States Are Flawed, C.D.C. Says
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/health/coronavirus-test-kits-cdc.html

The United States badly bungled coronavirus testing—but things may soon improve
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve

While these advanced countries are struggling to provide the basics and conduct simple tests, Nigeria successfully detected an infected person from Italy, conducted tests and obtained results in less than 4 hours.

Our labs were ready and we have standard and WHO approved test kits read.

I know you people love to outdo yourselves like who hates Nigeria the most, but many of you end up sounding ignorant, unexposed and mentally inept.

You even abuse and belittle your own country even when you are actually performing better the countries that you think are better than you, the level of low self-esteem and inferiority complect you people display is very shameful and disheartening.

How sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by sapeleboi(m): 7:38am On Feb 29, 2020
Nigeria 2 - coronavirus 1

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by paltielx: 7:43am On Feb 29, 2020
This a serious case FG should not speak politically on this one as they use to do
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 7:49am On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Quick question how many people caught Ebola?

What can we learn from this African country's success quashing an Ebola outbreak?

Authors of a paper published October 9 in Eurosurveillance attribute Nigeria's success in "avoiding a far worse scenario" to its "quick and forceful" response. The authors point to three key elements in the country's attack:

Such ground-level work may sound extreme, and the usually measured WHO declared the feat "a piece of world-class epidemiological detective work." But as William Schaffner, chair of the Department of Preventive Medicine and an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University, says, "Actually what Nigeria did is routine, regular—but vigorous and rigorous—public health practice. They identified cases early

The U.S. outbreak so far has many similarities to the one in Nigeria but "countries such as the U.S. have some lessons to learn," Fasina says. "Infectious disease is the same everywhere but the management may differ," leading to vastly different outcomes.

Schaffner agrees that the U.S. response has not been perfect. "There isn't any doubt that we've stumbled both on the clinical side, with misdiagnoses and insufficient training and supervision in the hospital, and on the public health side

The Nigerian experience offers a critically important lesson to countries in the region not yet affected by the [Ebola] epidemic as well as to countries in other regions of the world," the Eurosurveillance authors noted. "No country is immune to the risk…[but] rapid case identification and forceful interventions can stop transmission."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-did-nigeria-quash-its-ebola-outbreak-so-quickly/

To answer your questions, your fellow countrymen and women died while fighting Ebola to protect you and your family, why not just say thanks and offer your prayers.

The world is still commending Nigeria and using Nigeria as a great example in per how to fight Ebola and infectious disease.

Read this and many other articles on the internet as an assignment and source of education instead of asking silly questions.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11120610_5_jpegddf9c9a45551e218c4018d5c53e9f6bb

We all don't have to be ungrateful cowards.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by shugabasbn: 7:51am On Feb 29, 2020
Gwagone:
May his family encounter the virus then they can handle it
Nonsense

Oga Ade ewo ni tepe. Why are u cursing his family?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

To answer your questions, your fellow countrymen and women died while fighting Ebola to protect you and your family, why not just say thanks and offer your prayers.

The world is still commending Nigeria and using Nigeria as a great example in per how to fight Ebola and infectious disease.

Read this and many other articles on the internet as an assignment and source of education instead of asking silly questions.

I asked how many caught it? And to add to how long did it take to realise the Sawyer guy.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by juniorstar(m): 7:54am On Feb 29, 2020
make dis man no dey make mouth..reminds me of dat iranian leader
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:00am On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

I asked how many caught it? And to add to how long did it take to realise the Sawyer guy.

Instead of asking silly questions, feel free to educate us with your answer.

How many infected people or sawyer doesn't change the fact that we quickly and successfully defeated ebola and the rest of the world are still commending us and applauding our efforts, we even performed better than advanced countries including the US.

Your questions are basically irrelevant and redundant.

Tell me we did not successfully defeat Ebola and I'll take you seriously.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

How many infected people or sawyer doesn't change the fact that we quickly and successfully defeated ebola and the rest of the world are still commending us and applauding our efforts, we even performed better than advanced countries including the US.

It's a question I a; asking because I don't know now? If I ask a question on quota they will answer without unnecessary rubbish. Nigerians and sentiments.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:06am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:09am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by izovibration(m): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
When your government cannot even detect the man with the virus. You people are too fake to believe anything.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by CanadaOrBust: 8:14am On Feb 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

U don’t think Lai is being a bit of economical with the truth? See below:

The source added, “The standard medical operational procedure is to track all contacts and have them quarantined to avoid further spread of the virus. But we cannot do that here because we lack such facility, which is why there is emphasis on self quarantine.

“Even where the Italian man is presently being isolated was a room vacated by a patient. I pray God saves us in the coming months because we are not ready for the danger posed by the Coronavirus.”

The source alleged, “The only thing demarcating the room from other rooms in the ward is a red and white barricade tape. That is where the Italian man that tested positive to Coronavirus is kept.”

https://www.nairaland.com/5711761/italian-coronavirus-sufferer-lagos-attempts

This just made front page
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:15am On Feb 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

It's a question I a; asking because I don't know now? If I ask a question on quota they will answer without unnecessary rubbish. Nigerians and sentiments.

I don't have an answer for you and your question doesn't change or alter my assertion that Nigeria cussedly defeated Ebola so of what relevance was how many or whatever question you asked?

Did Nigeria successfully defeated Ebola, Yes or No?
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by FemolasticA: 8:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Auzubilahi lie!
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:18am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

I don't have an answer for you and your question doesn't change or alter my assertion that Nigeria cussedly defeated Ebola so of what relevance was how many or whatever question you asked?

Did Nigeria successfully defeated Ebola, Yes or No?
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:19am On Feb 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U don’t think Lai is being a bit of economical with the truth? See below:

The source added, “The standard medical operational procedure is to track all contacts and have them quarantined to avoid further spread of the virus. But we cannot do that here because we lack such facility, which is why there is emphasis on self quarantine.

“Even where the Italian man is presently being isolated was a room vacated by a patient. I pray God saves us in the coming months because we are not ready for the danger posed by the Coronavirus.”

The source alleged, “The only thing demarcating the room from other rooms in the ward is a red and white barricade tape. That is where the Italian man that tested positive to Coronavirus is kept.”

https://www.nairaland.com/5711761/italian-coronavirus-sufferer-lagos-attempts

This just made front page

Sorry, I don't subscribe to fake news and den say den say tabloids.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:20am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Sorry, I don't subscribe to fake news and den say den say tabloids.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:24am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
WHO and others are commending Nigeria for their vigilance and swift response regarding Corona virus, but our own cowards, unpatriotic and ignorant youths are are mad and upset at the government for doing their job.

Ask these unpatriotic cowards how to prevent corona virus infection or what they have done personally to prevent infection, they'll come up with nothing, all they are good for is pontificating on the internet, cursing and abusing their country, spewing negativity, making up ridiculous rubbish, wishing evil and peddling fake news.

We successfully defeated Ebola when advanced countries struggled to defeat Ebola, but all these unpatriotic sadists think about is doom and gloom for their country.

Your fellow Nigerians are on the front-line working tirelessly to prevent, detect and prosecute this virus, even the detected and tested man from Italy was tested and results obtained by our labs in less than 4 hours and he's been successfully quarantined and all his contacts are going through the same process.

We have 2 world bio-security facilities in Yaba, Lagos

I know for bigoted, tribal and political reasons many of you just hate Nigeria and all you focus on is evil and negativity, but what you should be doing right now is praying for your fellow country men and women at our ports, our labs, our hospitals and their doctors, and nurses for putting their lives on the line to protect you internet cowards and unpatriotic elements..
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by NGpatriot: 8:25am On Feb 29, 2020
[b]Nigeria: How Being Prepared Avoided a Tragedy[/b]

Nigeria’s experience with Ebola shows us how having trained experts in place can make the difference when confronting unexpected health threats.

Nigeria’s success in stopping Ebola was due in large part to the contributions of the Nigerian Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP), a CDC-based program that develops expertise to detect disease outbreaks locally and prevent them from spreading globally. In Lagos, a strong FETP program was already in place, and the team’s contact tracing efforts helped identify and isolate potential cases of Ebola.

Also crucial was the Lagos Emergency Operations Center

“I expected Ebola to spread, but what the Nigerian Government did set an example for all the world,” Frieden said.

Nigeria demonstrates the importance of preparedness. With these two elements of the Global Health Security Agenda in place, Nigeria was able to quickly thwart the Ebola epidemic.

https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/security/stories/nigeria-prepared-for-outbreaks.html

CDC Director Tom Frieden, MD, MPH, a world-class scientist and the head of the best disease control institution in the world praising Nigeria not only for how fast and we tackled Ebola, but mainly because of our level of preparedness and the skilled people we put in place to fight Ebola and infectious diseases.

The unpatriotic and ungrateful cowards are saying America did better than Nigeria, but same America is praising us and even learning from our own superb Ebola success.

See how low self-esteem, and inferiority complects is killing our Nigerian youths and cowards.
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:26am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

How was the Italian man detected, tested and quarantined? Because we were not ready? Because we did not have infectious disease certified labs to test, read and confirm the results in less than 4 hours? Or we did not have world class bio-security facilities to house infected patients.

What many of you need is proper education.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:27am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

CDC Director Tom Frieden, MD, MPH, a world-class scientist and the head of the best disease control institution in the world praising Nigeria not only for how fast and we tackled Ebola, but mainly because of our level of preparedness and the skilled people we put in place to fight Ebola and infectious diseases.

The unpatriotic and ungrateful cowards are saying America did better than Nigeria, but same America is praising us and even learning from our own superb Ecola success.

See how low self-esteem, and inferiority complects is killing our Nigerian youths and cowards.

[/s]
Re: Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed by Dericonna: 8:30am On Feb 29, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Why do you think I owe you anything? Is it to my benefit that you are ignorant because you know nothing about your country?.

We easily defeated Ebola that was even a more dangerous virus while your so called advanced countries struggled with it. The same advanced countries commended and praised us, but these ungrateful and evil wishing kolomentality people think we're not ready to fight Corona virus that we are already defeating.

Apart from ignorance, you have a sad case of low self-esteem and inferiority complex.

If fact, what are you personally doing to protect you and your family against this virus? Nothing, just sit on NL and moan like a coward and abuse the people who are doing everything to protect you ungrateful cowards.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uzodimma Clears All Imo’s 27 LGAs / Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers / Court Reads Ojukwu's Will, Bianca Gets Lion Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.