Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine (79832 Views)

Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks / 11.6kg Skin Removed From The Body Of A Cosmetic Surgery Patient In Lagos (Graphi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by mindtricks: 10:38am On Feb 29, 2020
luluman:
And one lie Mohammed just said they were fully prepared. What is wrong with our country now.

Nothing new. Whatever Nigerian government says especially in anything serious, first critique, investigate, and verify before you believe or you will be very sorry for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by swazpedro(m): 10:41am On Feb 29, 2020
If he attempts to escape, they should shoot him dead at the gate, he has no choice, he can't be threatening the life of 200 million Nigerian because he feels uncomfortable, he got infected outside Nigeria and should just stay put, God save am say I no be president... U wan jeopardise my people welfare because you feel uncomfortable, he should send his grievance to his countries embassy if the can help airlift him out of Nigeria not threatening to leave the facility and stay back in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:42am On Feb 29, 2020
Jubal01:
Hmmmmmmmm.
Where should i start from? Is it the poor facilities that d govt (not)provided or d useless Italian that wanted 2 run. If there is no light or fan, let him buy 4 his own personal use now. Afterall many well-to-do families do that in 9ja.
I once saw a family that brought a generator and fan to one hospital in sagamu when i was serving there in 2010 because it was hot and there was no light.

That man is stingy and wicked wallahi! Haba! he could have done such even 4 his own PERSONAL USE!

You're a very very stupid person to condemn a patient who complained about the poor quality of his hospital/isolation room, and to have expected him to buy equipments for himself! You think humans from other races are animals like you, and should accept anything offered to them?. Are you not ashamed of yourself and a country that cannot provide the basic facilities to its hospitals and other establishments? What will it take to provide constant electricity and functional ACs to that isolation centre? Fools like you that have not stepped outside this useless country think that other people survive the same way you guys manage to do here. For your information, only animals can survive in Nigeria. The country is full of millions of idiots who reason like you. Tufiakwa! And with this stupid mentality, there will be no hope of a positive change in site.

4 Likes

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by todugo(m): 10:43am On Feb 29, 2020
AFONJACOW:
They should just bond him with chains and drag him to the next available plane going to Turin , so he can die peacefully in five star hotel...

cheesy grin
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by LordPsalm(m): 10:43am On Feb 29, 2020
All our politicians do is LIE. Especially Lie Mohammed.
Pray bot to contraact this virus, cuz na hunger go kill u inside their yeye quarantine
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by tubolancer(m): 10:47am On Feb 29, 2020
Look, Lagos didn't prepare for any shit, so also is the FG, they are bunch of talkative.

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Originalsly: 10:50am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmm..... now we can understand why people returning from China are not being quarantined..... there is no facility to isolate suspected carriers. The workers attending to the Italian patient do not have protective gear. Most likely they have all contracted the virus.... spread it to their fellow workers and they all been spreading it to their families and the people they are around in the public.

The FG has let the genie out of the bottle.

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Rizmo(m): 10:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Jubal01:
Hmmmmmmmm.
Where should i start from? Is it the poor facilities that d govt (not)provided or d useless Italian that wanted 2 run. If there is no light or fan, let him buy 4 his own personal use now. Afterall many well-to-do families do that in 9ja.
I once saw a family that brought a generator and fan to one hospital in sagamu when i was serving there in 2010 because it was hot and there was no light.

That man is stingy and wicked wallahi! Haba! he could have done such even 4 his own PERSONAL USE!
This is the most stupid and senseless comment I have seen from someone who claimed he SERVED. You think using generator at home is a common thing in developed world? How do you expect the Italian who enjoys these 'common' amenities provided by even the most corrupt government in sane to cope in a place called HOSPITAL? Buy his generator because he has been admitted? Must you show your foolishness everywhere you go? If so-called wealthy Nigerians do that who see nothing wrong with it and would probably steal the funds provided for the same reason if they find themselves in the same position to fix the hospital, then not an Italian who knows that it is government responsibility to do this.
I was diagnosed with pleural effusion and was taken to the same IDH Yaba for suspected tuberculosis. The mosquitoes and heat there honestly almost finished me there. I couldn't use a cover cloth for heat and also couldn't deal with the mosquitoes.
The corruption and carelessness on Nigeria has no word to describe.
Grow up kid!!!!

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Awaoyelmoni(m): 11:09am On Feb 29, 2020
Him and hin Coronavirus go hear am aswear body go judge tgem..��
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Opexzy: 11:25am On Feb 29, 2020
sammyj:
Hope all this is not a conspiracy by the government to spend money not budgeted for as we are yet to see this phantom Italian man without name and face. Anyways, let us just be very careful and follow precautions!!

So you suggest they publish his name and face on daily times.? To further stigmatise the innocent man.

You can't be serious..
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by buchai: 11:36am On Feb 29, 2020
the Italian man no get name e no get face, na we they do ourselves
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Bekool(m): 11:36am On Feb 29, 2020
ContractKiller:
https://punchng.com/coronavirus-patient-attempts-to-escape-lagos-isolation-centre/

It's far better to deport the Italian man back to Italy than continue to keep him here at own danger because it's very clear we don't have what it takes to handle any epidemic outbreak from this virus. Even supposed trained health professionals who are supposed to know more and take precautionary measures are acting like they are immune to the virus.

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Aylvania: 11:41am On Feb 29, 2020
This is the first test for a sub Saharan African country since the start of the coronavirus. What we are hearing now is what the WHO have been concerned regarding a sub Saharan African country. Countries with very good health systems like South Korea, the US, China, Japan have been finding it difficult to tackle the spread of this disease. These countries have people qualified and are in their positions based on merit, the same can not be said about Nigeria. Stock prices are falling around world to as low as the global financial crisis period. If this virus spread as it is in China and North Korea, Nigeria would find itself in a severe dire straits
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:44am On Feb 29, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
And lie Muhammed was dancing up and down shouting we are prepared...
Where are you from
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by mechanics(m): 11:46am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmmmmm, don't know why our leaders will want do be joking with serious health issues, they should better be serious.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by mclorenzo(m): 11:57am On Feb 29, 2020
sammyj:
Hope all this is not a conspiracy by the government to spend money not budgeted for as we are yet to see this phantom Italian man without name and face. Anyways, let us just be very careful and follow precautions!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9JMFKony02/?igshid=yzaw81brwtc3
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by staga: 12:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
They should simply hand over the man to the military firing squad for prompt action.

What?

And as for the government, so that place is still like that after the Ebola outbreak and the complaints about the state of the place?
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Bush2013: 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
It is very possible that this is conspiracy to chop our money
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by KangaIye: 12:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
Jubal01:
[/color][color=#990000]

Exactly!
Imagine o!
Coming from a "trained" personnel?
God take d wheel pls!

The woman get odeshi
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by sayisayi(m): 12:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Obafemi Hamzat....LOL.. he better buy full Hamzat suit

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Spadecleaningse: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
proclinician:

Look at the nonsense you're saying. If facemask won't work will no facemask work? Do u know why surgeons use facemasks in the theatre? Why do you think those Chinese health workers handling cases are on facemasks 24/7?

There are other facemasks available but they are very thick and as such can't be worn for long hours
Please don't panic unnecessarily
We still have new information coming up everyday for example there's a possibility of corona viruses not being stable at high temperatures like ours which is about 32degrees on a daily.the only window of transmission for now could be at night when it is cooler
Mister..... information is power..... equip yourself!it would help you....
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Spadecleaningse: 1:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheArchangel:
The face mask Nigerians has access to won't do jackshit about this virus because it is airborne.
N95 mask is for airborne which we don't even have in our hospitals talk more of ordinary Nigerians having access to it.
Just eat immune booster foods and pray to God that none of your family members are immuno-compromised.

N-95 masks are thicker and as such can't be used for too long....
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by PhantomXcess: 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
They wan use heat kill the virus ni. Research already shows that heat environs reduce the chances of the virus spreading.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by mmsen: 1:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
A serious government would have taken care of this killer Italian

Only the North Koreans have had the cojones to do such.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by proclinician: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Spadecleaningse:

There are other facemasks available but they are very thick and as such can't be worn for long hours
Please don't panic unnecessarily
We still have new information coming up everyday for example there's a possibility of corona viruses not being stable at high temperatures like ours which is about 32degrees on a daily.the only window of transmission for now could be at night when it is cooler
Mister..... information is power..... equip yourself!it would help you....

Pls where did you pick up the theory that the virus goes away in hot weather or does not thrive in tropical and subtropical winds like ours. I am interested.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Masterclass32: 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nigeria has the worst set of leaders in the entire world.

Until the people do something, it will be business as usual.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by GoodMuyis(m): 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Jubal01:
Hmmmmmmmm.

I think FG should ship him back to his home country if he wanted to run .... But hay we need a case to study as well
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Spadecleaningse: 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
proclinician:

Pls where did you pick up the theory that the virus goes away in hot weather or does not thrive in tropical and subtropical winds like ours. I am interested.

I'm doing a research on it in school for submission so I have different materials on it....I never said goes away... hence,the word 'possibility' ....vplease dnt misquote me for the sake of the public that would read this

Everything is still being researched and experiments are still bring carried out so for now let's just say hypothesis...A theory is a fact!
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by proclinician: 1:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
Spadecleaningse:

I'm doing a research on it in school for submission so I have different materials on it....I never said goes away... hence,the word 'possibility' ....vplease dnt misquote me for the sake of the public that would read this

Everything is still being researched and experiments are still bring carried out so for now let's just say hypothesis...A theory is a fact!

Yea. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by luvyaself95(m): 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
They should hold him tight oh nobody want to die in Nigeria.
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by renegade09(m): 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
With a Buhari in charge, what do u expect? You are not their priority. All they are interested in is to rehabilitate “repentant” Boko Haram members. We are in for a long thing!
Re: Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine by Ayobami7(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
na wa ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Slippers In Bauchi State (Photo, Video) / Man Gives Birth To Baby Girl: His Wife Is The Father (Argentina) / Chinese Doctors: 3 Airline Crew Members ‘Disappear’ From Lagos Quarantine Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.