Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) (37888 Views)

Different Shades Of Face Masks In Lagos (Photos) / Mass Production Of Face-masks In Aba (For Coronavirus Protection) / How Much Do They Sell Face Mask And Hand Sanitizer In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by blowjohn(m): 11:34am On Feb 29, 2020
lomprico:

mumu!

instead of him to provide it free like how responsible leaders in other parts of the world does, he is looking at retailers.

Who told that guy that its buhari?
The only thing av heard Buhari do since is sack and appoint.
I haven't heard a word from him on this Corona virus issue.
Same with the VP
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 29, 2020
Ode at your age
YorubaKinging:
Once this coronaVirus gets to the Northern part of this so called country
That time buhari will speak and address the nation proving once again his allegiance
But I'm very sure no Yoruba man will contact this virus cant say the same for the rest of the tribes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by lomprico(m): 11:38am On Feb 29, 2020
blowjohn:

Who told that guy that its buhari?
The only thing av heard Buhari do since is sack and appoint.
I haven't heard a word from him on this Corona virus issue.
Same with the VP

dont mind d zombies.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Suremikky(m): 11:40am On Feb 29, 2020
Kylekent59:
Good start by the FG.

The most wicked set of people on earth are Nigerians.

Where the prices are meant to be brought down so as to save lives , some are increasing it.

Na we the masses be problem of ourselves...useless set of people
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Ladipodeal: 11:49am On Feb 29, 2020
Alwaysachick:
No be person wey don see food to chop go buy sanitizer?

Federal govt do your part.....such items should be given for free and not sold at this point in time.

At the end of this epidermic, we will be seeing expenses running in billions spent on the invincible.

Guy no be lie
Was at Idumota yesterday, Dem just dey add price anyhow for those that have face mask. I eventually settled for one funny looking cheap face mask cos I resolved to construct mine if eventually it gets to that point.
I resolve to buy 50kg rice than 100 pieces of face mask. Cos last - last everybody go dey im house dey chop.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 11:51am On Feb 29, 2020
tuoyoojo:
Its a natural law of supply and demand... Basic SS1 economics

The only way u can control the price is by flooding the market with face mask and sanitizers free of charge or at a ridiculously low price

Asides that, talk is cheap

Don't mind this stupid APC govt
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 29, 2020
TheTourist:
This should be implemented but knowing Nigeria....your guess is as good as mine grin
cheesy It's all noise.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by PerseDew(f): 11:58am On Feb 29, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by SaintLucia: 11:59am On Feb 29, 2020
harmless011:
No need threatening anyone FG should just order for it in large quantity from the manufacturer and make available to the public at subsidize rate, when those guys hording the product witness low patronage nobody go tell them to start selling at normal rate.
Is not everything you resort to threat and force, simple supply and demand can solve this problem.
Some peoples go buy from FG and still hoard it, create artificial scarcity so that they can sell at a higher price. No be Nigerians! Nigerians enemies of themselves.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:59am On Feb 29, 2020
Word of the day:

SUPERINFECTION
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by mechanics(m): 12:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
Better.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Obiesie1994(m): 12:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
Na we dey do ourselves for this country you can imagine
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by edoairways: 12:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
tuoyoojo:

The only way u can control the price is by flooding the market with face mask and sanitizers free of charge or at a ridiculously low price

Yeah!
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Skmoda360(m): 12:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ade24682:
That’s their business. I am already planning on getting large quantity of it. And selling at a higher price.
For those quoting me. Shit no be me cause una problem as you all don’t know jokes. Shit see as una take my comment personal grin
I will take your matter serious now and report you to FG, you might be the first to enter jail as per this matter and it will be fun for you sha grin grin cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Exoplanet: 12:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
tuoyoojo:

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Godwill09922: 12:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
Really
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by xamuell: 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
What's the point of criticizing the government if some Nigerians are as immoral as they are. I truly believe that the people have a large part to play in the development of their society. It's no one's fault what they're born into. But it's our fault if it stays that way. God bless Nigeria and save us from this epidemic.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by openmine(m): 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2020
tuoyoojo:

True!
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by knowhowk: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
Very Pathetic that We use such opportunity to make money .

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by kiddkash(m): 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
nnadychuks:
people like you are the country’s problem. Are you a billionaire with this level of greed?
every billionaire is greedy.do you think there is any billionaire that wants to share their market share with
any competitor?
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Tomoyayi(m): 2:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
Coronavirus is a virus, Hand sanitizer is meant to kill bacteria, Fungi ...
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by ma373733(m): 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
LosC:
The Federal Government has warned that suppliers and retailers using the excuse of coronavirus case in Nigeria to inflate protective apparel will be prosecuted. It said sellers of face masks and latex gloves, personal hygiene products like sanitizers and anti-bacterial wipes, have increased prices of the products which are necessary in preventing infection or spread of COVID-19.

Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), on Saturday, released a meomo via FCCPC twitter handle, said the inordinate practice during national public health concern violates both moral codes and extant law.

Babatunde Irukera, Chief Executive Officer, in a statement he signed, noted that abusing citizens’ sensitivity, apprehension, anxiety and vulnerability, especially during emergencies that could adversely affect national security is a violation of law.

It said the commission’s surveillance efforts have revealed that even reputable pharmacies and department stores are engaging in price gouging and manipulating supplies in a manner that distorts the market, or temporarily restricts availability in order to unreasonably/unfairly increase prices.

“Any conspiracy, combination, agreement or arrangement to unduly limit or manipulate supply, in order to unreasonably enhance price or otherwise restrain competition is a criminal offence under S.108(1)(b) and (c), FCCPA”, he noted.

“Any exercise or exploitation of undue pressure in selling or the sale of goods or services, or price manipulation between displayed, and selling price are also serious violations of the FCCPA under Sections 115(3) and 124(1).

“Taking advantage of the possibility of infection by a dangerous communicable disease to control supply, or unilaterally increase prices is predatory as it preys on the desperation of citizens.

“Considering the circumstances and the vital national interest/security this illegal conduct undermines, the Commission intends to strongly enforce the full letter of the law, including the fullest extent of penalties associated with this conduct,”
he added.

The FCCPC encouraged consumers to be vigilant, and report such unreasonable or arbitrary exploitative price increase or trade practices to the Commission by telephone on 08056002020, or 08056003030, or by email: contact@fccpc.gov.ng

https://twitter.com/fccpcnigeria/status/1233546723051606017?s=19

Nice one

Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Apili: 3:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
From my own opinion I think the federal government should shurt down all public schools for now most especially the primary schools until every thing is been sorted out
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by penplus: 4:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
This is not the time for greedy deals.

We are facing a serious situation here and instead of helping to make things better for one another, people are enriching themselves.

Be guarded
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Legendguru: 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
LOL
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by egopersonified(f): 4:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
We all woke up to the news about Corona in Lagos yesterday. As at 8am this morning, sanitizers were sold out at all the supermarkets and mission road market in Benin. My kids school have already written notes to parents for every kid to come with a sanitizer on Monday. I finally got 3 to buy at N1,500 each (previously sold at N550 pre Lagos Corona announcement).

A good substitute might be baby wipes socked with spirits. cry
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by jaxxy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
The hoarders won’t like this bt who won go jail grin
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by CsRockefeller(m): 7:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
If you are in Lagos I have hand sanitizers for you at a cheekly price
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by Xone3(f): 7:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mutemenot:
Why not close the shops instead of making this long publications sad we respect actions in this country...

What government should do is buy it off the market and give out free of charge not implement laws that will kill faster than the virus. If they close the shops, where will they get it from? Government is complaining of increase/ surge in the price but when they increased VAT, they didnt look back.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by grandstar(m): 10:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Those heading that agency should be sacked. It obviously displays a poor understanding of economics.

The higher the price, the higher the quantity surplied After, destroying the market signal with this ignorant directive, many who were planning to flood the market will now be discouraged.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by executive12: 7:39am On Mar 01, 2020
PerseDew:
Hand sanitizer is 60% alcohol and 40% washing gel. There is no need to even bother buying. Just DIY. Face masks especially those surgical ones are for those that have it or suspected to have it to prevent possible spread of the virus when they cough or sneeze. If you don't have it you may be putting yourself in danger by wearing it because the virus could attach itself the surface that partially covers nose and mouth and when you don't take it off properly, you touch the virus. The ones that may even be effective(N95) needs training to be worn correctly.

Maintaining high hygiene by washing hands and bathing after self is better. Hand sanitizer should be the last resort when soap is not available to wash hands.

Modified

Also do the necessary by avoiding crowds and maintain a distance a far distance from anyone coughing or sneezing. Reduce or avoid too much refined sugar cos it destroys white blood cells necessary for fighting pathogens, exercise, eat garlic, onion, ginger, tumeric and black pepper, fruits and vegetables and stay hydrated to boost your immune system.

You should also research and ask a doc before taking tumeric and ginger. Both lowers the blood pressure and tumeric lowers blood sugar.

Good advice. People should stop the panic buying, especially of Face mask and focus on maintaining good personal hygiene.
Re: Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) by executive12: 7:45am On Mar 01, 2020
PHijo:
Backed by which legislation?

It's just empty threat. They think they are running a military regime. Government should start distributing free or subsidized face masks and hand sanitizers and enlighten people on good personal hygiene to stop the panic buying. That should force down the price.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exercise To Prevent Breast Sagging / Ultrasound Scan Machine Imported From Germany Now In Lagos / I 'Surrender' After This– Pregnant Woman In Labour Tells Husband(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.