Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours (2879 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by musketess: 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
My neighbours 8 year old daughter happens to be their neighbours daughter after catering for her school fees in a private school in lagos, Travelling to different countries.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by chatinent: 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
"At that moment, a child that is already grow and you don't know that..you mean if I later know that.. I mean, if I notices that I am not the one that born.. I mean if I notice that my wife born but born later notices that you are not my father.. I mean that I am not my father?

It'll be hard for me to handle the situation."

7 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by wizod(m): 3:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmmmm as for my wife, i'll tell her to leave before i get to d house but d resultant effect if she dares me will be disastrous that people will ask her 'did he ask you to leave'? As for d child, if she's so dear to me, i will father her.

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Lawgod247: 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
dunno
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by cRobo: 3:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
DNA test is compulsory for me

I don't trust women again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Mizwisdom(f): 3:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
NOTHING
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
To the child, nothing changes ever.

I'll do a thorough investigation to find out what really happened at childbirth if she insists she knows nothing about it like most of them do these days.
Sometimes, women are not to be blamed because some idiotic nurses intentionally or carelessly make this costly mistake at hospitals after delivery.

After my investigation, if my wife is not guilty of the situation, again nothing changes but if she is, divorce.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 4:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
8years is too long to be this foolish.

Every man is supposed to do DNA tests within the first two years, and if he don't match...then he ought to tell his whorë of a wife to take the child to the father or better still, move in with the man responsible.

There's no sensible reason for any woman to remain married to a man whom she gave the product of her infidelity to raise as his own, none at all.

It's an abomination.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 5:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

Every man is supposed to do DNA tests within the first two years, and if he don't match...then he ought to tell his whorë of a wife to take the child to the father or better still, move in with the man responsible.

There's no sensible reason for any woman to remain married to a man whom she gave the product of her infidelity to raise as his own, none at all.

It's an abomination.

The 'Every man is supposed to do DNA' test is where there is trust issue. If there's no reason to suspect the spouse, there's no reason to doubt the paternity of the child.

But I get what you're saying. No one deserves to be lied to and used like that. Even if it was done to save face and hide the man's impotency, still, he has to know immediately the child is born.

The type of marriage issues we have today makes it worrisome for the singles. God help us ooh.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 6:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The 'Every man is supposed to do DNA' test is where there is trust issue. If there's no reason to suspect the spouse, there's no reason to doubt the paternity of the child.

But I get what you're saying. No one deserves to be lied to and used like that. Even if it was done to save face and hide the man's impotency, still, he has to know immediately the child is born.

The type of marriage issues we have today makes it worrisome for the singles. God help us ooh.
Trust issues and suspicions of infidelity aside, every woman should also insist on having DNA tests on their children for their own sake as well.. cheesy

Switching babies is also common, so I heard.

12 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 6:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

Trust issues and suspicions of infidelity aside, every woman should also insist on having DNA tests on their children for their own sake as well.. cheesy

Switching babies is also common, so I heard.

I see what you did here...

You're throwing a similar comment I made sometime ago back at me. Clever you.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Omar09(m): 6:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

It's an abomination.

Immediately the child is born before signing on that child's birth certificate. Nothing like within the first two years... In the western world, once pended signature on the birth certificate before checking DNA and it turns out its not your child, you will pay alimony once divorced.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by elektra(f): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
"At that moment, you mean if I later know that.. I mean, if I notices that I am not the one that born.. I mean, my wife born but born later notices that I am not my father?
It'll be hard for me to handle the situation."

Lol! I remember that guy on the video. The question confuse am no be small
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by chatinent: 6:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
elektra:

Lol! I remember that guy on the video. The question confuse am no be small
That video made my month the era I watched it first.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 6:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
Omar09:

Immediately the child is born before signing on that child's birth certificate. Nothing like within the first two years... In the western world, once pended signature on the birth certificate before checking DNA and it turns out its not your child, you will pay alimony once divorced.
Lol... Splendid.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 6:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I see what you did here...

You're throwing a similar comment I made sometime ago back at me. Clever you.

I learn quickly cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
Obviously send her out with her kid. The fund stops immediately.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

As long as a woman is involved, there will always be trust issues. No woman is 100% trustworthy. So forget about your guilt tripping men into not doing a DNA test.

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by LadySarah: 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
That is why you should be present during your kids delivery.
Claiming wise when you clearly lack it. You leave a half conscious woman at the mercy of the nurses who may have ulterior motives for your newborn or your aged mother whose eyes may be weak to spot the diff in newborns.

Swapping and mistakes happen especially in crowded hospitals which means you shld be present. Examine your child very well before they dress him/her up.
My husband doesn't stay in the labor room because of fear but is always the person to rec eive all my children.

If you are the type that deliberately disappears when ur wife's Edd is close or form travel, I have no pity for you if such happens to you.

ALOT of women have been labeled cheats cos of it.

For women that clearly cheated, I have no word to say.

10 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

As long as a woman is involved, there will always be trust issues. No woman is 100% trustworthy. So forget about your guilt tripping men into not doing a DNA test.

As long as a man is involved, there will always be trust issues. No man is 100% trustworthy. Every woman should ensure a monthly Std/HIV/AIDS tests. You never know where your spouse is sticking his dick.

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

As long as a man is involved, there will always be trust issues. No man is 100% trustworthy. Every woman should ensure a monthly Std/HIV/AIDS tests. You never know where your spouse is sticking his dick.

I have no issue with that if the woman wishes it. It could even be a good precaution on her part. But apart from disease, a man's being unfaithful should not concern the wife in any way; unlike the converse where the man is unknowingly forced to pay for the upkeep of progeny sired by another; and maybe still exposed to infections as well.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 5:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I have no issue with that if the woman wishes it. It could even be a good precaution on her part. But apart from disease, a man's being unfaithful should not concern the wife in any way; unlike the converse where the man is unknowingly forced to pay for the upkeep of progeny sired by another; and maybe still exposed to infections as well.

I don't understand some people's reasoning sometimes.

Why should a man's unfaithfulness not concern the wife? Is she a painting in his house? When karma comes knocking, will it spare her? Asides that, whatever happened to marital vows to make the marriage bed undefiled?

Talking about progeny, how would he be infected by taking care of another man's child?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Why should a man's unfaithfulness not concern the wife? Is she a painting in his house? When karma comes knocking, will it spare her? Asides that, whatever happened to marital vows to make the marriage bed undefiled?

Talking about progeny, how would he be infected by taking care of another man's child?
See question... cheesy

Brothers, DNA is a must ...abeg

I can't shout lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
crackkhaus:

See question... cheesy

Brothers, DNA is a must ...abeg

I can't shout lipsrsealed

The post wasn't meant for you, though. I wanted the original commentator to answer my question about the man's unfaithfulness not being his wife's concern.

If DNA is a must, women should also do testing on every child the man is friendly with, no matter the connection. cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The post wasn't meant for you, though. I wanted the original commentator to answer my question about the man's unfaithfulness not being his wife's concern.

If DNA is a must, women should also do testing on every child the man is friendly with, no matter the connection. cheesy
No problem... grin

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It doesn't concern her because she loses nothing by his having extra marital sex, there is nothing like karma and marital vows are only emotional ploys to keep men subservient and keep their concentration unnaturally focused on a specific woman. Let's try to stay logical here.

He would not be infected by taking care of another man's progeny, but he would be cheated of his hard earned wealth; thinking that he is working to support his family when he is actually supporting; financially and time-wise; another man's.

He can also be infected by stds, which I have already admitted, can also happen to the woman; which is why I support your idea of monthly std tests for both if the man has extra marital affairs. However, a woman should never cheat because of the possibility of the progeny not being the real provider's.

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It doesn't concern her because she loses nothing by his having extra marital sex, there is nothing like karma and marital vows are only emotional ploys to keep men subservient and keep their concentration unnaturally focused on a specific woman. Let's try to stay logical here.

He would not be infected by taking care of another man's progeny, but he would be cheated of his hard earned wealth; thinking that he is working to support his family when he is actually supporting; financially and time-wise; another man's.

He can also be infected by stds, which I have already admitted, can also happen to the woman; which is why I support your idea of monthly std tests for both if the man has extra marital affairs. However, a woman should never cheat because of the possibility of the progeny not being the real provider's.

Please, never get married if your definition of being married means a man would not be naturally focused on one woman. What's the essence of making it legal and all that bullshit if he can't stay committed to his wife? Why get married when baby mama is more profitable for him?

Must a man cheat to prove his masculinity?

If we are being logical, a woman can and should cheat if:
a) the man cheats,
b) she can handle not getting pregnant or handle the pregnancy discreetly if one arises. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

If the generation of men jumping into marriages today believe cheating is their right, even after knacking everything knackable before marriage, it is safe to say that the generation of women too should take up the mantle of cheating, as well. Anybody that comes with that divorce nonsense is only being a fool cause if you divorce her, likelihood of him getting to this particular junction with the next wife is very high.

Radarada. Shebi we are mad, ni.

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Yeecar(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Please, never get married if your definition of being married means a man would not be naturally focused on one woman. What's the essence of making it legal and all that bullshit if he can't stay committed to his wife? Why get married when baby mama is more profitable for him?

a) the man cheats,
b) she can handle not getting pregnant or handle the pregnancy discreetly if one arises. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

If the generation of men jumping into marriages today believe cheating is their right, even after knacking everything knackable before marriage, it is safe to say that the generation of women too should take up the mantle of cheating, as well. Anybody that comes with that divorce nonsense is only being a fool cause if you divorce her, likelihood of him getting to this particular junction with the next wife is very high.

Read the nonesense you are typing over and over again.
I pity the simp that will eventually marry you, ladies like you should be laid 6 feets below!
Brethren, DNA has come to stay!
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Yeecar(m): 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

a) the man cheats,

I pity the simp that will eventually marry you, ladies like you should be sued !
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yeecar:

I pity the simp that will eventually marry you, ladies like you should be laid 6 feets below!

I've noticed this trend here. Once you people have nothing meaning to say, you result to insults. Defend what you wrote, Sir.

Yesterday, I argued with @crackkhauss here about women proposing to men and he defended the post to the very end without a modicum of insult attached.

If you read through well, you'd see my subsequent comments had nothing to do with DNA testing but with the cheating you previously mentioned. Defend that statement. Is it okay for a married men to cheat? Are you supporting that ideology?

And I countered it that any man who supports that idealogy should not expect complete loyalty from the woman. It doesn't matter how long we'll argue this but my stance won't change.

Have a good day since you can't debate without acting ghetto

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by pollypocket: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
I can never muster up much sympathy for my country men whenever I hear of cases like this for some reason cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Please, never get married if your definition of being married means a man would not be naturally focused on one woman.

I am already married, and I never defined marriage as a ploy to keep a man unnaturally focused on one woman, I defined marital vows as a ploy to keep a man unnaturally focused on one woman. Marriage could and did once inherently permit a man to focus on as many women as he wants as long as he did this legally with the blessing of society, but modern day marital vows have been engineered specially to restrict this.

Sixfeetbelle:

What's the essence of making it legal and all that bullshit if he can't stay committed to his wife? Why get married when baby mama is more profitable for him?

I did not say that a baby mama is more profitable. It is not. Nor do I think that you can present any logical reason as to why a man should stay committed to one woman if he is able to financially support more.

Sixfeetbelle:

Of course not. Masculinity by its nature has no need to be proven. Furthermore, my reference to a man having a natural propensity to commit to more than one woman does not necessarily mean cheating. It would also include legally sanctioned polygamy

Sixfeetbelle:

a) the man cheats,

There you go again with your false equivalence. This is not logic; it is vengefulness and a woman's idea of emotional blackmail. As I painstakingly explained earlier, it is not the same when a man cheats and when a woman cheats. Women do this often but they are completely wrong in comparing the logical outcome of their cheating as being the same as the logical outcome of a man cheating. A woman cheating has more serious repercussion on societal stability.

Sixfeetbelle:

You are beginning to sound like a broken record stuck in one place. The problem is that women always think emotionally rather than with their brains. Men and women are not equal. Never were. Until you properly understand this, you will keep confusing yourself unnecessarily.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sex With A Pregnant Woman / Funny Things You've Ever Done When You Were HIGH / Candid Respones Pls! Guys, Can You Marry Your Female Boss In The Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.