Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours (2945 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Marriage could and did once inherently permit a man to focus on as many women as he wants as long as he did this legally with the blessing of society, but modern day marital vows have been engineered specially to restrict this.

[quote author=RisenPhoenix post=87091678]

Then, modern day marital vows should be respected since it forbids men from focusing on more than one woman. Why are we pouring new wine into old wineskin?

I did not say that a baby mama is more profitable. It is not. Nor do I think that you can present any logical reason as to why a man should stay committed to one woman if he is able to financially support more.

I may not have any logical reason to present, but I have seen what not being committed to one woman does to marriages and families. Being able to provide financially for more than one woman have ruined good homes and broken both men and women, turning them to bitter souls.

Of course not. Masculinity by its nature has no need to be proven. Furthermore, my reference to a man having a natural propensity to commit to more than one woman does not necessarily mean cheating. It would also include legally sanctioned polygamy

Natural propensity to commit to more than one woman functions well in a polygamous setting. For a monogamous marriage, the natural propensity is considered cheating.

There you go again with your false equivalence. This is not logic; it is vengefulness and a woman's idea of emotional blackmail. As I painstakingly explained earlier, it is not the same when a man cheats and when a woman cheats. Women do this often but they are completely wrong in comparing the logical outcome of their cheating as being the same as the logical outcome of a man cheating. A woman cheating has more serious repercussion on societal stability.

You are beginning to sound like a broken record stuck in one place. The problem is that women always think emotionally rather than with their brains. Men and women are not equal. Never were. Until you properly understand this, you will keep confusing yourself unnecessarily.

I don't understand why a man cheating is not the same as a woman cheating. They are both ruining the foundations of their marriage. Don't come at me with 'it doesn't have the same societal repercussions'. Your argument is just giving men the wings to cheat.

See, the reason I don't like arguing this cheating whatever here is that Ive seen that people generally have a preconceived notion of what they feel they can do and not do in marriages. Men will always feel like their cheating should be condoned because they are 'helping' broke girls, and that the cheating wife should be stoned to death, and that's okay. Whatever one decides he/she should do.

The only thing I know and believe, is that we are gradually ruining the institution of marriage by ourselves and soon, the idea of marriage will be faced out.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I don't understand why a man cheating is not the same as a woman cheating.

I have explained it a number of times to you. Because it leads to defrauding the husband of his invested wealth and time.

Sixfeetbelle:

They are both ruining the foundations of their marriage.

I do not know what you mean by that. The "foundations of marriage" &c. & c. are only meaningless mouthed platitudes. Marriage is primarily for the establishment and nurture of progeny along structured family lines. The most efficient method for this has been found to be a man providing the seed and necessary provision to ensure the survival of the progeny and their fertile emotional nurturer; plus any number of said fertile emotional nurturers he can support and provide for along with his progeny from them. That is what our forefathers found to be the most efficient and effective marriage structure, and we have not been able to amend that without creating confusion.

Sixfeetbelle:

Don't come at me with 'it doesn't have the same societal repercussions'. Your argument is just giving men the wings to cheat.

Arguments are analyzed based on the truth contained therein; not whether they have adverse effects on those who abuse them. Those who wish to cheat will find the wings to do so wherever they can.

Sixfeetbelle:

See, the reason I don't like arguing this cheating whatever here is that Ive seen that people generally have a preconceived notion of what they feel they can do and not do in marriages. Men will always feel like their cheating should be condoned because they are 'helping' broke girls, and that the cheating wife should be stoned to death, and that's okay. Whatever one decides he/she should do.

Every institution has its rules and regulations. One man multiple women has always been the effective norm in all societies. And I do not believe that men think of their cheating as a means of helping broke girls. Most times, it is their only outlet for their innate desire to mate as widely as possible and the fact that wives tragically lose their sexual attraction and libido as they grow older.

Sixfeetbelle:

The only thing I know and believe, is that we are gradually ruining the institution of marriage by ourselves and soon, the idea of marriage will be faced out.

The institution of marriage has been on the way to ruin for a long time; by feminist ideology and the legal empowerment of the 'modern woman' to manipulate it towards the gratification of her material greed and her desire to achieve hypergamous objectives. What we are actually ruining now is the non-working modern morphing of marriage by the feminists to women-serving, men debasing fraud-enabling institutions. There was no way it could have been permitted to continue unchecked. Women have had their limelight, and misused the opportunity for selfish ends. The backlash will be brutal and will only put them further back from where they started.

Initially, marriage was a simple agreement; I feed and protect you, you have my kids, I continue to feed and protect you while you care for them; until those kids grow up and feed and protect us both. If I can feed and protect 10, 12 or 15 women and my kids from them, then I do so formally and everybody in society is happy. Now that women have broken out of that agreement, they will still be pulled into service to provide progeny, but men will feel less and less responsible for the feeding and protection aspect. Also, since men are more easily able to access the milk without feeding the cow, why bother to feed it? Let it stray and eat grass wherever it can. So you see, women are the ones ruining marriage for themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:57am On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It doesn't concern her because she loses nothing by his having extra marital sex, there is nothing like karma and marital vows are only emotional ploys to keep men subservient and keep their concentration unnaturally focused on a specific woman. Let's try to stay logical here.

He would not be infected by taking care of another man's progeny, but he would be cheated of his hard earned wealth; thinking that he is working to support his family when he is actually supporting; financially and time-wise; another man's.

He can also be infected by stds, which I have already admitted, can also happen to the woman; which is why I support your idea of monthly std tests for both if the man has extra marital affairs. However, a woman should never cheat because of the possibility of the progeny not being the real provider's.

The nonsense you've written up there... angry
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 02, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

The nonsense you've written up there... angry

Care to expantiate on the specific point(s) you think are illogical?
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Yeecar(m): 5:09am On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I've noticed this trend here. Once you people have nothing meaning to say, you result to insults. Defend what you wrote, Sir.

Yesterday, I argued with @crackkhauss here about women proposing to men and he defended the post to the very end without a modicum of insult attached.

If you read through well, you'd see my subsequent comments had nothing to do with DNA testing but with the cheating you previously mentioned. Defend that statement. Is it okay for a married men to cheat? Are you supporting that ideology?

And I countered it that any man who supports that idealogy should not expect complete loyalty from the woman. It doesn't matter how long we'll argue this but my stance won't change.

Have a good day since you can't debate without acting ghetto
Please please please dont ever try to manipulate me, i am beyond all that... wether a man cheat or not is non of my business, however the consequences of their actions should be dished out irrespective of gender, that aside DNA has come to stay and any 20th century man that is ignorant of that, is simply digging his own grave.
You are the one behaving like a ghetto kid, and i still pity the SIMP that will end up with you!
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:28am On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

The whole first paragraph... where you say a cheating husband doesn't affect the wife in anyway...
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

The whole first paragraph... where you say a cheating husband doesn't affect the wife in anyway...
RisenPhoenix:
b]It doesn't concern her because she loses nothing by his having extra marital sex, there is nothing like karma and marital vows are only emotional ploys to keep men subservient and keep their concentration unnaturally focused on a specific woman. Let's try to stay logical here.

It would seem also that you're making a case for cheating married men... excusing their actions.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by proclinician: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

Trust issues and suspicions of infidelity aside, every woman should also insist on having DNA tests on their children for their own sake as well.. cheesy

Switching babies is also common, so I heard.

Huge lie
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

It would seem also that you're making a case for cheating married men... excusing their actions.

What particular point and why? If you think that a husband who sleeps with someone else affects his wife, how?

Because their actions are theirs to make. They are not going to affect the wife so obviously her permission is not required.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Magnoliaa(f): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2020
chatinent:
"At that moment, a child that is already grow and you don't know that..you mean if I later know that.. I mean, if I notices that I am not the one that born.. I mean if I notice that my wife born but born later notices that you are not my father.. I mean that I am not my father?

It'll be hard for me to handle the situation."

why? what'll be hard about that?
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2020
Yeecar:

Please please please dont ever try to manipulate me, i am beyond all that... wether a man cheat or not is non of my business, however the consequences of their actions should be dished out irrespective of gender, that aside DNA has come to stay and any 20th century man that is ignorant of that, is simply digging his own grave.
You are the one behaving like a ghetto kid, and i still pity the SIMP that will end up with you!

I have never argued against DNA. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. You can check my previous posts and see for yourself. DNA should be encouraged irrespective of gender. Men check your kids, women check all kids surrounding your husband.

My concern is on cheating, but I won't argue that with you.

And thank you. You don't have to pity the simpleton that will marry me cause you're not him, and everybody must not be an alpha male. Society will not survive if everyone is the same.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Magnoliaa(f): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2020
You'll start speaking out of both sides of your mouth now. Soon.

RisenPhoenix:

I have explained it a number of times to you. Because it leads to defrauding the husband of his invested wealth and time.

So, a woman is investing what? Nothing? If the cheating of a wife leads to the defrauding of a man his time and wealth--- is it not equally same for a man? What does the man cheating leads to? Women are jobless and idle in the marriage institution now?

I do not know what you mean by that. The "foundations of marriage" &c. & c. are only meaningless mouthed platitudes. Marriage is primarily for the establishment and nurture of progeny along structured family lines.

Going by this definition, then anyone is free to cheat then. Since, establishment and nurture are Paramount. As long as the existence of the next generation is certain. That's all. Now you say "foundations are meaningless," but champion a "structure" definition. What's that structure? Is it on a woman to uphold it? How do you keep that family line stable?

The most efficient method for this has been found to be a man providing the seed and necessary provision to ensure the survival of the progeny and their fertile emotional nurturer;

Great. A woman is an emotional nurturer. Why can she not have numerous seed providers ensuring her survival and upkeep? The more connection she has with men, the better and more and stronger offspring she gives! Soo, wouldn't cheating, on a woman's part, be to the advantage of humanity? Sex with a musician, sex with a writer, sex with a nerdy genius, etc etc.

It is NOT an efficient method because so many things disprove it. So many things can work out of marriage. You can have successful children out of that definition of marriage you gave. There are great single daddies. You're pushing the 'man bring seed' idea now, with zero emotional contribution and yet still maintain that 'men are kept out of the system.'

plus any number of said fertile emotional nurturers he can support and provide for along with his progeny from them.

And a woman cannot take care of her own progeny? Where's it written that it must be a man? Newsflash: women are making their money and resources and provisions now. How does this justify a man cheating?! We are not in the 14th century oh. Wasn't it because a woman was at a disadvantaged position, not allowed to own economic means that she came to depend on a man? Does that still apply now? If one isn't economically and financially free (as some women still are), then they can only depend on the one with the means. But I'm talking in the frame of modern world. What exactly are you still
the providing? Health-care? Transportation? Food? (In addition, if women ask you to bring money now, all of una still go dey shout. You'll still shame gold-diggers.)

That is what our forefathers found to be the most efficient and effective marriage structure, and we have not been able to amend that without creating confusion.

Doesn't justify a man cheating and a woman not. Conservativism is the problem.

Arguments are analyzed based on the truth contained therein; not whether they have adverse effects on those who abuse them.

SMH. Dismissing as it suits you. Now consequences and effects don't matter. But you were open to discussing the consequences cheating have on a woman's status in the Society.

Those who wish to cheat will find the wings to do so wherever they can.

Every institution has its rules and regulations. One man multiple women has always been the effective norm in all societies. And I do not believe that men think of their cheating as a means of helping broke girls. Most times, it is their only outlet for their innate desire to mate as widely as possible and the fact that wives tragically lose their sexual attraction and libido as they grow older.

A woman doesn't have the INNATE desire to mate, too? Not because of culture and religion and social restrictions placed on her. If not for discipline, is it not in almost everyone to sleep with as many people as they can? grin

The effective norm in ALL societies? Funny. So polyandrous tribes are non-existent?

There are sugar babies for the old years if the man decides to be unfaithful. As long as her emotional needs, like you've been hammering on, are met.

The institution of marriage has been on the way to ruin for a long time; by feminist ideology and the legal empowerment of the 'modern woman' to manipulate it towards the gratification of her material greed and her desire to achieve hypergamous objectives.

Let me ask you: this hypergamy you talk of, is it natural? Or is it socially learned due to feminists' activism?

What we are actually ruining now is the non-working modern morphing of marriage by the feminists to women-serving, men debasing fraud-enabling institutions. There was no way it could have been permitted to continue unchecked. Women have had their limelight, and misused the opportunity for selfish ends. The backlash will be brutal and will only put them further back from where they started.

One time, you say the world is 'spoiling,' another time you say we're going back to the 'normal past.' lol I thought people are now #BelievingWomen, is it the same people who believe women the backlash is coming from?

Initially, marriage was a simple agreement; I feed and protect you, you have my kids, I continue to feed and protect you while you care for them; until those kids grow up and feed and protect us both. If I can feed and protect 10, 12 or 15 women and my kids from them, then I do so formally and everybody in society is happy. Now that women have broken out of that agreement, they will still be pulled into service to provide progeny, but men will feel less and less responsible for the feeding and protection aspect. Also, since men are more easily able to access the milk without feeding the cow, why bother to feed it? Let it stray and eat grass wherever it can. So you see, women are the ones ruining marriage for themselves.

So everybody should cheat and we'll all be happy then! Why can a woman not give birth to fifteen kids for fifteen men, and all fifteen give her benefits? What are you arguing against? Shebi a woman can now do all for herself? She can stray. You drink Free milk, I eat free grass (especially from BLUE-PILLED men). cheesy so what's the issue?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Magnoliaa(f): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

What particular point and why? If you think that a husband who sleeps with someone else affects his wife, how?

Because their actions are theirs to make. They are not going to affect the wife so obviously her permission is not required.

But we have women murdering their husbands and fighting side chics. Yet a cheating man actions are not affecting his wife.

You think those women haven't been overlooking and taking it in as the society tells them to do?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I do not know what you mean by that. The "foundations of marriage" &c. & c. are only meaningless mouthed platitudes. Marriage is primarily for the establishment and nurture of progeny along structured family lines. The most efficient method for this has been found to be a man providing the seed and necessary provision to ensure the survival of the progeny and their fertile emotional nurturer; plus any number of said fertile emotional nurturers he can support and provide for along with his progeny from them. That is what our forefathers found to be the most efficient and effective marriage structure, and we have not been able to amend that without creating confusion.

Arguments are analyzed based on the truth contained therein; not whether they have adverse effects on those who abuse them. Those who wish to cheat will find the wings to do so wherever they can.

The institution of marriage has been on the way to ruin for a long time; by feminist ideology and the legal empowerment of the 'modern woman' to manipulate it towards the gratification of her material greed and her desire to achieve hypergamous objectives. What we are actually ruining now is the non-working modern morphing of marriage by the feminists to women-serving, men debasing fraud-enabling institutions. There was no way it could have been permitted to continue unchecked. Women have had their limelight, and misused the opportunity for selfish ends. The backlash will be brutal and will only put them further back from where they started.

Like I said earlier, people already have a preconceived notion of what marriage should be. And I noticed through all posts that you keep making reference to a man nurturing more than one woman, and how our forefathers created the system for progeny sake and all that. It makes we wonder, are you polygamous? Are you a Muslim?

I argue based on Christian marriage doctrines which binds one man to nurture only one woman and propogate his seeds through her only, even if he has the capacity to nurture 20. What would you now advice a man in that setting do? Mind you, any nurturing outside the union is considered cheating.

Which brings us back to what I said. A man who choses to do as he wants should not bind a woman to him. Applicable to the women as well. You keep saying a man cheating should not concern the wife, yet, he swore his loyalty to only her under a defined set of rules. If he cannot abide by the laws governing it, he should not marry under those laws. At this point, a baby mama situation is profitable to both parties and satisfies the 'nurture as many as he can' quote.

You have your ideology of what marriage should be and I have mine. There is no use debating it since its obvious we would never reach a common ground.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
proclinician:

Huge lie
According to women here, switching babies is the actual reason why children may not match their father's DNA. It's hardly because wives are cheating. cheesy

I'm just helping their ministry because either way, DNA tests are very necessary.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by stubbornman(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Get a legal backing for the child and claim her as mine forever.... God punish her real father grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Like I said earlier, people already have a preconceived notion of what marriage should be. And I noticed through all posts that you keep making reference to a man nurturing more than one woman, and how our forefathers created the system for progeny sake and all that. It makes we wonder, are you polygamous? Are you a Muslim?

I argue based on Christian marriage doctrines which binds one man to nurture only one woman and propogate his seeds through her only, even if he has the capacity to nurture 20. What would you now advice a man in that setting do? Mind you, any nurturing outside the union is considered cheating.

Which brings us back to what I said. A man who choses to do as he wants should not bind a woman to him. Applicable to the women as well. You keep saying a man cheating should not concern the wife, yet, he swore his loyalty to only her under a defined set of rules. If he cannot abide by the laws governing it, he should not marry under those laws. At this point, a baby mama situation is profitable to both parties and satisfies the 'nurture as many as he can' quote.

You have your ideology of what marriage should be and I have mine. There is no use debating it since its obvious we would never reach a common ground.

No. I am not a muslim and not a Christian either. My idea on marriage is not driven by any religious doctrine, but by my own logical deduction, and I will admit that I'm wrong only if you can prove it logically. And I do not see any logical benefit of monogamy. It has created more harm than good.

A man promises to take care of her, not to be loyal to her (whatever that means) because a man's loyalty should only be to himself. And I absolutely endorse that promise. A man must take care of a woman financially to ensure her contentment (within reason and ability). But if he has the ability to also do that for many women, then why not? Why the selfish desire to hog all his wealth to herself?

As I said, monogamy is unreasonable.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
Magnoliaa:

But we have women murdering their husbands and fighting side chics. Yet a cheating man actions are not affecting his wife.

You think those women haven't been overlooking and taking it in as the society tells them to do?

So if a murderer is of a certain gender, we should blame the victim and justify her crime? Listen to yourself. If a cheating husband can drive a woman to murder, that woman has lethal anger issues and ahould go treat herself with a psychiatrist before getting married. In every such situation, the husband is the murdered victim, so stop blaming the victim.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by bdchange(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

No. I am not a muslim and not a Christian either. My idea on marriage is not driven by any religious doctrine, but by my own logical deduction, and I will admit that I'm wrong only if you can prove it logically. And I do not see any logical benefit of monogamy. It has created more harm than good.

A man promises to take care of her, not to be loyal to her (whatever that means) because a man's loyalty should only be to himself. And I absolutely endorse that promise. A man must take care of a woman financially to ensure her contentment (within reason and ability). But if he has the ability to also do that for many women, then why not? Why the selfish desire to hog all his wealth to herself?

I enjoyed your debate or argument with @sixfeet, but you did not grab her last point on the institution called marriage. She said you can't claim to be a christian and took oath to abide by one woman which is monogamy but later do otherwise because you felt you have the financial capacity to marry multiple women..haba... You have broken the rules, it is as simple as that. If you decide to marry multiple women under your logical reasoning, no problem go ahead. But don't condemn those who choose otherwise.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by emmaodet: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
[quote author=RisenPhoenix post=87095388]

Initially, marriage was a simple agreement; I feed and protect you, you have my kids, I continue to feed and protect you while you care for them; until those kids grow up and feed and protect us both. If I can feed and protect 10, 12 or 15 women and my kids from them, then I do so formally and everybody in society is happy. Now that women have broken out of that agreement, they will still be pulled into service to provide progeny, but men will feel less and less responsible for the feeding and protection aspect. Also, since men are more easily able to access the milk without feeding the cow, why bother to feed it? Let it stray and eat grass wherever it can. So you see, women are the ones ruining marriage for themselves.[[b]/quote][/b]

Hmmmmm
Oro agba
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
Magnoliaa:
You'll start speaking out of both sides of your mouth now. Soon.

Ok. If you say so.

Magnoliaa:

So, a woman is investing what? Nothing? If the cheating of a wife leads to the defrauding of a man his time and wealth--- is it not equally same for a man? What does the man cheating leads to? Women are jobless and idle in the marriage institution now?

No. It is not the same. The woman is not expected to support the man or his children from another sexual relationship. So she is not cheated in any way. A wife works hard, from the point of view of a man; even harder than him; but their roles are different.

Magnoliaa:

Going by this definition, then anyone is free to cheat then. Since, establishment and nurture are Paramount. As long as the existence of the next generation is certain. That's all. Now you say "foundations are meaningless," but champion a "structure" definition. What's that structure? Is it on a woman to uphold it? How do you keep that family line stable?

"Structured" implies the progeny have to be attributed to and provided for by their proper biological fathers; ensured through societal regulation. When women cheat, they are forcing an innocent man to care for progeny not his own. It is just like when a man sexually uses a woman without providing for her. That is fraud. A man cheating on his wife can have no such fraudulent effect.

Magnoliaa:

Great. A woman is an emotional nurturer. Why can she not have numerous seed providers ensuring her survival and upkeep? The more connection she has with men, the better and more and stronger offspring she gives! Soo, wouldn't cheating, on a woman's part, be to the advantage of humanity? Sex with a musician, sex with a writer, sex with a nerdy genius, etc etc.

Because a man should only provide for her in return for obtaining his progeny from her. If multiple men provided for one woman, some would very likely be cheated as she may not have children for them, and there would then be confusion as to who should pay how much, especially when children of uncertain paternity start coming into the picture. It would be totally chaotic. Then again, why would multiple men want to pay to share one woman when there are many adequately equipped women available?

Magnoliaa:

It is NOT an efficient method because so many things disprove it. So many things can work out of marriage. You can have successful children out of that definition of marriage you gave. There are great single daddies. You're pushing the 'man bring seed' idea now, with zero emotional contribution and yet still maintain that 'men are kept out of the system.'

I would have believed you if you had presented one thing that actually disproves it. Anthropologically, marriages have been polygynous throughout time and across an overwhelming majority of cultures. The fact that it was developed independently in such a wideapread manner shows that it is the logically efficient end conclusion of marriage within a social context. If I contend that men are kept out of the system, it is with no bitterness. Men are naturally better at hustling, so yhey do perform much better in the workplace.

Magnoliaa:

And a woman cannot take care of her own progeny? Where's it written that it must be a man? Newsflash: women are making their money and resources and provisions now. How does this justify a man cheating?! We are not in the 14th century oh. Wasn't it because a woman was at a disadvantaged position, not allowed to own economic means that she came to depend on a man? Does that still apply now? If one isn't economically and financially free (as some women still are), then they can only depend on the one with the means. But I'm talking in the frame of modern world. What exactly are you still
the providing? Health-care? Transportation? Food? (In addition, if women ask you to bring money now, all of una still go dey shout. You'll still shame gold-diggers.)

The man is still overwhelmingly responsible for almost all; if not all; of the expenses. Some women are single mothers and do take care of their children on their own. However, it is jot a natural state for a woman and it stresses her exceedingly yo do so. I am acquainted with quite a few and I've seen the effect of the responsibility on their healths and state of mind. And yes, women are natural gold diggers. I personally do not shame them for that anymore than I shame them for having breasts.

Magnoliaa:

Doesn't justify a man cheating and a woman not. Conservativism is the problem.

Conservatism is the solution. Our grandparents had lovely marriages.

Magnoliaa:

SMH. Dismissing as it suits you. Now consequences and effects don't matter. But you were open to discussing the consequences cheating have on a woman's status in the Society.

Those who cheat would cheat. You do not dismiss the truth because a few men interprete it to support their lifestyle. And I sincerely doubt that a cheating husband would go into detailed analysis about whether or not his philandering habits will affect his wife at the time he's checking into the motel with his side chick.

Magnoliaa:

A woman doesn't have the INNATE desire to mate, too? Not because of culture and religion and social restrictions placed on her. If not for discipline, is it not in almost everyone to sleep with as many people as they can? grin

It is her desire to mate. But her desire for provision and protection is greater. Her innate desire is primarily to mate with one who is best placed to fulfill the function of protection and provision. Any man can mate with just about any female with the right apparatus.

Magnoliaa:

The effective norm in ALL societies? Funny. So polyandrous tribes are non-existent?

They are so extremely rare as to be insignificant. It is only to be expected that some tribes would take wrong turns.

Magnoliaa:

There are sugar babies for the old years if the man decides to be unfaithful. As long as her emotional needs, like you've been hammering on, are met.

Now you are talking.

Magnoliaa:

Let me ask you: this hypergamy you talk of, is it natural? Or is it socially learned due to feminists' activism?

It is natural and as old as time, but it was socially regulated and kept in balance in times past. Women now have given it full reign. This why they are shamed as gold diggers, because of the blatant openness. But in reality, women have always been so, albeit more secretive about it.

Magnoliaa:

One time, you say the world is 'spoiling,' another time you say we're going back to the 'normal past.' lol I thought people are now #BelievingWomen, is it the same people who believe women the backlash is coming from?

It is about to end for the feminist movement. There are literally hundreds of anti feminist women now opposing the extreme radicalism of those women. Even men's movements like the red pill movement, the mgtows and the MRA are based on men understanding they've been cheated. And believing women is on life support. So many cases of men being wrongly accused of rape have come forward that almost no one believes women these days. When the laws are reversed, women would be in a worse position. It will probably happen in our lifetimes; give it time.

Magnoliaa:

So everybody should cheat and we'll all be happy then! Why can a woman not give birth to fifteen kids for fifteen men, and all fifteen give her benefits? What are you arguing against? Shebi a woman can now do all for herself? She can stray. You drink Free milk, I eat free grass (especially from BLUE-PILLED men). cheesy so what's the issue?

Nothing. Except that it is fraudulent, and it is not sustainable in the long run because women come with expiry dates. It is also risky as you might find yourself as a baby mama forced to provide for the children on your own. And I have already explained to you why polyandry is not logically tenable.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
bdchange:

I enjoyed your debate or argument with @sixfeet, but you did not grab her last point on the institution called marriage. She said you can't claim to be a christian and took oath to abide by one woman which is monogamy but later do otherwise because you felt you have the financial capacity to marry multiple women..haba... You have broken the rules, it is as simple as that. If you decide to marry multiple women under your logical reasoning, no problem go ahead. But don't condemn those who choose otherwise.

I am not condemning. I am only pointing out that it is illogical to enforce it because an ignorant man wrote an epistle 2000 years ago encouraging it. I feel that only reason should guide our lives because that is what differentiates us from animals.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by sisisioge: 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
Well, you should formally adopt the child or return him or her to the rightful owner grin .

Why is there suddenly so much tussle of child raising sef? Hian!
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Finally, we agree on something. Monogamy is unreasonable in this modern age where things are not as they should be. But until Monogamy is scrapped, anything outside the union is wrong.

Mind you, she's not hogging all his wealth to herself cause it's not possible. A man is always in charge of his wealth at all times. Also, if he wants to nurture another woman, let the wife be in concord, so it doesn't cause problems later.

I suppose this is why contract marriages are in vogue now. undecided

Anyway, we will sha figure out how to handle our individual marriages the way we and our spouses best agree on.

It was nice arguing with you. cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by bdchange(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Finally, we agree on something. Monogamy is unreasonable in this modern age where things are not as they should be. But until Monogamy is scrapped, anything outside the union is wrong.

Mind you, she's not hogging all his wealth to herself cause it's not possible. A man is always in charge of his wealth at all times. Also, if he wants to nurture another woman, let the wife be in concord, so it doesn't cause problems later.

Anyway, we will sha figure out how to handle our individual marriages the way we and our spouses best agree on.

Believe me when I tell you that monogamy is very reasonable to me personally, religious belief aside. I don't see myself marrying more than one woman no matter how much wealth I acquired in the future.. maybe because I am not too attached to sex, because aside sexual benefit I don't see the need for it. Well some of us still believed in monogamy and we will stick to it and not do otherwise. The problem I have with it is the hypocrites practising it. They chose monogamy but go behind and start using their rod into every available holes. That is why it seems as if it is a bad marriage concept. Some of us detest cheating and will make sure will do away with it. I am not against any one that works for you, just make sure you and your partner come to an agreement and stick to it. Be it monogamy or polygamy.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Illegal isn't always wrong.

And it wasn't an argument. It was just an exchange of ideas.

Of course my own idea was always the right one. You never stood a chance. ;-p
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Sixfeetbelle: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Illegal isn't always wrong.

And it wasn't an argument. It was just an exchange of ideas.

Of course my own idea was always the right one. You never stood a chance. ;-p

You are funny. grin grin

Your own idea supported men having more than one woman at a time indirectly and since I will never agree on this, your idea was wrong.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You are funny. grin grin

Your own idea supported men having more than one woman at a time indirectly and since I will never agree on this, your idea was wrong.

Only in your dreams, where your consent is the gold standard for what is right.

I hope your husband will marry at least two wives so you can change your mind when you see how great it is. A co-wife or two carrying the burden of your husband when you're not in the mood to cook for him, listen to his work issues or enter ze oza room with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by extremelygolden: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
crackkhaus:
8years is too long to be this foolish.

Every man is supposed to do DNA tests within the first two years, and if he don't match...then he ought to tell his whorë of a wife to take the child to the father or better still, move in with the man responsible.

There's no sensible reason for any woman to remain married to a man whom she gave the product of her infidelity to raise as his own, none at all.

It's an abomination.

There have been instances babies were switched at the hospital by the careless or greedy nurses.

I always advise men to be careful, make a thorough investigation first before accusing their wives of infidelity. Especially those wives who you truly know cannot break your marriage vow.
Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by crackkhaus: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
extremelygolden:

There have been instances babies were switched at the hospital by the careless or greedy nurses.

I always advise men to be careful, make a thorough investigation first before accusing their wives of infidelity. Especially those wives who you truly know cannot break your marriage vow.
So a DNA test should be done for both maternity and paternity right?

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by extremelygolden: 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

So a DNA test should be done for both maternity and paternity right?

Yes, please.

And it's also good if a husband goes into the delivery room with his wife. That's if he's in town at the time of delivery.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Get To Know The Child Is Not Yours by Paternity: 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
A Peace of mind DNA test with DNA LABS Nigeria can be done. It is your own private investigation to know the truth. It is less than 100k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Have A Child? / Family Takes In Ukrainian Refugee And Dad Runs Off With Her Just 10 Days Later / Is This Morally And Culturally Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.