Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look (58504 Views)

Drogba Pictured With Mbappe At The Ballon D'or, 10 Years After Turning Him Down / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Son, Joey 9th Birthday, Shares Adorable Photos / Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by WildChild00(m): 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Finidi, finito, he was such an intelligent player during his playing days for both country and club, Ajax fc and Super eagles of Nigeria.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
i remember wen finidi dey do crawling celebration for world cup dat year ..1994.
many of dis Nairaland annoying mumus still dey crawl for floor den. grin
Thank God for DVD
Old man
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Walelavender(m): 7:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
Finidi,the best 7 we ever had.

Not this legbere wingers we have now, who find it difficult to make a decent cross.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by hopexter(m): 7:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Nigeria will never produce a right winger like finidi. He was d best right back in d world in 1994 /1995.

Is that a curse or what angry angry
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
i remember wen finidi dey do crawling celebration for world cup dat year ..1994.
Thank God for DVD
Keep your old-age to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Reference(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:

I don't know if I should ashamed that I belong to the category you just described.

No you shouldn't. My dad loved soccer and whenever my uncle was in town took me to the Nat Stadium just a stone throw from our house in Surulere back then. Was there live when Nigeria lifted the trophy in 1980 but funny enough I can't remember much.

My first interest in the National team was the 1984 Nations Cup which we lost, then we won the 1985 Kodak U-17 Cup and I was all over the moon. In 1987 it all went crashing down as we lost out and I promptly retired from partisan fanatism to save my sanity.

These days I can careless what our chaos play. Soccer has all but collapsed these days. Followed the fortunes of Nigeria. They just don't make them like the Finidi Georges' or my favourite all time player, Henry Nwosu, the pocket dynamite. I will never forget his deflected header in Maroc 88....

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Thirteenblood: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Wow
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
nice

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:

I don't know if I should ashamed that I belong to the category you just described.
grin
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by ofiko123(m): 7:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nice one.. They both look great...
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:

Dem neva slap sense into ur empty brain before abi?
Banter fam
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by PapaAdanna: 7:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
Yobo don fine. Yobo in those days with his Olumo-rock head.
He's always being a fine boy.

That is if you truly watched him in his earlier career stage

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Goke7: 8:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Finidi- only David beckham crosses came close!
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Finito !
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by MotiveU(f): 8:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nice... You guys made us proud.
Thanks
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:

Dem neva slap sense into ur empty brain before abi?
You even senior Buhari sef. Agbaya.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by bonnyhope: 8:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
Thank God for DVD

How are you old you sef

That you are calling others mumu
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
mumu
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
No start wetin u no go fit finish, I no be George finidi oh oh.......
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by iluvdonjazzy: 8:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:
u lie, Yobo na handsome boy right from time.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by otipoju(m): 8:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
many of dis Nairaland annoying mumus and trolls still dey crawl for floor den. grin
Thank God for DVD

Crawl keep. Dem Nevada born dem sef
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by otipoju(m): 8:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
many of dis Nairaland annoying mumus and trolls still dey crawl for floor den. grin
Thank God for DVD

Crawl ke? . Dem Neva born dem sef
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by otipoju(m): 8:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Nigeria will never produce a right winger like finidi. He was d best right back in d world in 1994 /1995.

Right back for 1994. You read an abi you watch am.

What did Eguavoen play?
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Jarus(m): 9:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
chatinent:

Yobo has always been handsome
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Jarus(m): 9:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:

Right winger you meant (not right back).

By the way, football has evolved. No more pigeonholed right or left winger again. The same way center forward (standing 9) is no longer fashionable and there are few players whose only role is center forward.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by wisdomkid: 9:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
Thank God for DVD

Explain yaself and curse the toddlers who were kids back then, or some were not even born self or conceived. But you lowered your standard, age and maturity by cursing them. You that is matured shouldn't be dragged to their mumu gutter nah.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by GEEBITE: 9:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
Odegbami was not a winger,he was a second forward all his career even in his club IICC shooting stars.It was in the green eagles he was drafted to play that winger role or number 10 once in a while.Please get the DVD of the 1980 nations cup we hosted and watch all over again.
Akolawole:

Not at all!

Do you know the era of Benjamin Nzeako, Segun Odegbami or even Wole Odegbami?
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by toprealman: 9:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Men
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by felixedet(m): 9:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
Thank God for DVD

Splendid!!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Swiftboy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
INTEGRITYA1:
Nice one.

I've also pictured with Peter Rufai.

Dodo mayana himself! You guys resembles...are you family?

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
Reference:

No you shouldn't. My dad loved soccer and whenever my uncle was in town took me to the Nat Stadium just a stone throw from our house in Surulere back then. Was there live when Nigeria lifted the trophy in 1980 but funny enough I can't remember much.

My first interest in the National team was the 1984 Nations Cup which we lost, then we won the 1985 Kodak U-17 Cup and I was all over the moon. In 1987 it all went crashing down as we lost out and I promptly retired from partisan fanatism to save my sanity.

These days I can careless what our chaos play. Soccer has all but collapsed these days. Followed the fortunes of Nigeria. They just don't make them like the Finidi Georges' or my favourite all time player, Henry Nwosu, the pocket dynamite. I will never forget his deflected header in Maroc 88....

Wow!

You seem to know quite a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhe Wears His New Mask For The First Time. / Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Alex Iwobi And His Girlfriend, Clarisse Ejuliette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.