Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look (58522 Views)

Drogba Pictured With Mbappe At The Ballon D'or, 10 Years After Turning Him Down / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Son, Joey 9th Birthday, Shares Adorable Photos / Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by madjune(m): 9:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Finidi George.

Oh my goodness. This guy was a senior man in soccer.
He and Kanu literally gave Ajax the UEFA Cup in 95.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by beejay85: 10:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Aystarz:

I remember the one against Greece at the 94 World Cup...... plus his crazy dog urinating goal celebration
I remember his out of box shot vs morroco in NiGhana 2000.... lovely

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
wisdomkid:

Explain yaself and curse the toddlers who were kids back then, or some were not even born self or conceived. But you lowered your standard, age and maturity by cursing them. You that is matured shouldn't be dragged to their mumu gutter nah.
not talking about kids generally, but d ones that are kids and r still foolish , stupid online, mumu n trolling at d same time. if u r nt one, gud 4 u, if u r shame on u.
not a crime to b a kid, but a big crime 2 b a kid and be foolish n cursing. use ur wisdom, wisdom kid

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by beejay85: 10:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
WildChild00:
Finidi, finito, he was such an intelligent player during his playing days for both country and club, Ajax fc and Super eagles of Nigeria.
I think real betis adore him more where he was there captain for some years... excellent midfielder
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by clemmonce(m): 10:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Nigeria will never produce a right winger like finidi. He was d best right winger in d world in 1994 /1995.
better days are ahead.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by SpartanKing: 10:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
i remember wen finidi dey do crawling celebration for world cup dat year ..1994.
many of dis Nairaland annoying mumus and trolls still dey crawl for floor den. grin
Thank God for DVD

True talk...
That guy doesn't look like Finidi George!
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by AreaFada2: 10:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Reference:

They just don't make them like the Finidi Georges' or my favourite all time player, Henry Nwosu, the pocket dynamite. I will never forget his deflected header in Maroc 88....

Nwosu was very good. A precocious talent.

At NNB with Edobor, Agbonavbare, Keshi & Igbinabaro.

Their WAFU cup successes were massive. Crowning it with First Devision Championship in 1985.

NNB v. Insurance was like Chelsea v Tottenham of today.

Enugu Rangers v Inurance or NNB was like Man United v. Chelsea of today.

Shooting Stars v. Rangers was like Liverpool v Man City. grin grin
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Kizzygentle: 10:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
clemmonce:
better days are ahead.
For how long. Since 94
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by seunfape(m): 10:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
When we say complete and organised team ,it was 94 team. We call them players then.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Swiftboy:

Dodo mayana himself! You guys resembles...are you family?

That's our great Dodo Mayana himself, we are not family member though, but we are all Nigerians and it's noble having an opportunity to meet and relate with great personality of his type.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by OlawaleBammie: 11:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
vanity upon vanity bro

90% of people wey they reason like u na talaka, get levu first before u say this.

Well, wealth is vanity likewise poverty.

Use ur head and choose the vanity u want oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by OlawaleBammie: 11:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
IWTBAB:
na dis kin tin dem dey see u. mumu talk. u call u for d mata? slave

Lifan mey e talk na..aahh
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by OlawaleBammie: 11:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
Reference:

No you shouldn't. My dad loved soccer and whenever my uncle was in town took me to the Nat Stadium just a stone throw from our house in Surulere back then. Was there live when Nigeria lifted the trophy in 1980 but funny enough I can't remember much.

My first interest in the National team was the 1984 Nations Cup which we lost, then we won the 1985 Kodak U-17 Cup and I was all over the moon. In 1987 it all went crashing down as we lost out and I promptly retired from partisan fanatism to save my sanity.

These days I can careless what our chaos play. Soccer has all but collapsed these days. Followed the fortunes of Nigeria. They just don't make them like the Finidi Georges' or my favourite all time player, Henry Nwosu, the pocket dynamite. I will never forget his deflected header in Maroc 88....

Respect to u father!!

U have paid ur dues..

RESPECT!!!
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 01, 2020
Great player.

Remember when he use to run the flanks with Kobe Bryant and Dennis Rodman
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by anamakulinkuli: 6:26am On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:
Great player.

Remember when he use to run the flanks with Kobe Bryant and Dennis Rodman
[/s]
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by deebrain(m): 7:14am On Mar 01, 2020
Finidi George the headmaster.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by ESEKING: 7:27am On Mar 01, 2020
IWTBAB:
i remember wen finidi dey do crawling celebration for world cup dat year ..1994.
many of dis Nairaland annoying mumus and trolls still dey crawl for floor den. grin
Thank God for DVD

grin

hmmmm Finidi George..Super Eagles best no 7 ever...
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Reference(m): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2020
AreaFada2:

Nwosu was very good. A precocious talent.

At NNB with Edobor, Agbonavbare, Keshi & Igbinabaro.

Their WAFU cup successes were massive. Crowning it with First Devision Championship in 1985.

NNB v. Insurance was like Chelsea v Tottenham of today.

Enugu Rangers v Inurance or NNB was like Man United v. Chelsea of today.

Shooting Stars v. Rangers was like Liverpool v Man City. grin grin

Then club football was club football. Total war. Then as a kid you had massive posters of your team be it NNB like you said Insurance, Shooting, Rangers, ACB (later relegated) then the golden era of club soccer, the Babes, Leventis United, Nationale and I can go on amd on. That is what people bantered about in school, not Liverpool's unbeaten record.

Though they never won on the continent but they gave those mighty North Africans a torrid time and it was always poor officiating that killed our trophy quest. Then you go watch Stores in Lagos or Jets in Jos (when I was there) and the stadium is absolutely jam packed and rocking.... Nigeria soccer is in the wilderness...
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Reference(m): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2020
deebrain:
Finidi George the headmaster.

No sir, that was Mutiu Adepoju. Got that name for his exploits in Saudi 89. Finidi was more of a long shot expert and a maestro of the flank cross than a classic header of the ball. Finidi could score from outside the box from ridiculous angles. He wasn't prolific but a great player to have in any squad whether the Eagles or the famous title winning Ajax team. Great find by Clemens.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Reference(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2020
Looking back now. If one can put his finger on one thing that has led to the decline of Nigerian football I will say without mincing words, it is age grade soccer. It has been a massive distraction, killed club football, killed the Super Eagles, killed administration. I am open for debate on this really.

What I do know is that the decline of our football started after we won the Kodak tournament in China, our first global football success. Everything Omeruah and Co. did subsequently was to replicate the success at the expense of clubs and the Green Eagles.

More international tournaments meant more postponed league matches leading to abridged leagues, more players removed from clubs to national teams U-17, U-21 meaning well structured teams could not compete anymore or dare recruit young players for fear they will be seconded for half the season and often returned injured, it was a mess.

Finally sponsorship left the club scene to these junior national teams. Renumerations were even better for U-17 and U--21 teams at one stage with the Green Eagles derided as 'Daddy Eagles' so yousaw 30 year old grooming and changing their looks to apoear young to 'follow the money'. With a scattered league, dwindling exposure, dropping revenue and a distracted NFA those once mighty clubs began to sink with the billionaire and corporation owned ones such as Babes, Nationale, United (Leventis), NNB and on and on folding up one after the other.

Only the deeply traditional and fundamentalist clubs remain in true form today.

The senior national team meanwhile continued to stumble until a certain Clemens Westerhof arrived to stabilise thing involving himsrlf not only in game management but with a direct line to the Vice President he was able to skirt the mishap callled the NFA and the once named Papa Eagles became the Super Eagles when they rose to an all time high ranking for an African team of 5th best in the world.

Today age grade soccer is comatosed, the senior team has not sustained success in the post Westerhof era and NFF officials are still swimming in corruption and a greed for estacodes.

In those days I used to wonder why Europe (except Germany) was not often interested or excited about age grade tournaments. Then I later realised it was because they saw it as a distraction to their senior national teams and the massive business which is club soccer. Nigeria at least has proven that.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by YahwehRocks: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Nigeria will never produce a right winger like finidi. He was d best right winger in d world in 1994 /1995.

Obviously never head of 'mathematical' Segun Odegbami.

Indomie domie.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by princepalace: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Aystarz:
Finidi!!! What a winger he was. Unarguably Nigeria's best 7 ever!

Nope, I disagree. The likes of Segun Odegbami, Clement Temile, Chibuzoe Ehilegbu, Etim Esim, Tarila Okorowanta were best in their own prime time.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by deebrain(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Reference:

No sir, that was Mutiu Adepoju. Got that name for his exploits in Saudi 89. Finidi was more of a long shot expert and a maestro of the flank cross than a classic header of the ball. Finidi could score from outside the box from ridiculous angles. He wasn't prolific but a great player to have in any squad whether the Eagles or the famous title winning Ajax team. Great find by Clemens.

Yes yes. Thank you. My mistake.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Kizzygentle: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
YahwehRocks:

Obviously never head of 'mathematical' Segun Odegbami.

Indomie domie.

If I no senior u na 5yrs I comot for ur age.
And for d records odegbami is my neighbour. I watched him play.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by YahwehRocks: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
Kizzygentle:

If I no senior u na 5yrs I comot for ur age.
And for d records odegbami is my neighbour. I watched him play.

Irrelevant

But congratulations old man.
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Aystarz:
Finidi!!! What a winger he was. Unarguably Nigeria's best 7 ever!
Nigeria??
Africa best 7 ever!!!
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 02, 2020
Kizzygentle:
Finidi played more in the middle of the park than in the wing bro.
That's where I saw him played more during the late 90s
Re: Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
Finidi George,his goal against Greece at USA 94 and d one against Bayern Munich at d 1995 UCL semi final in Amsterdam,omo d guy na agba awo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhe Wears His New Mask For The First Time. / Alex Iwobi And His Girlfriend, Clarisse Ejuliette / Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.