Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus (3033 Views)

Covid-19:revelation Of The Lord On Corona Virus Covid-19. By Sis.linda Paul Rika / Tb Joshua prophecy on Corona is working PICTURES / Prophet Mike Agboola Prophecy On Osun Election: 'Omisore Is Winner' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Mrshape: 10:21am On Mar 01, 2020
Some article has been going online that jw made a prophecy about corona virus. but the truth is that

(1) Jehovahs witness don't release prophecies

(2)they only proclaim prophecies found in the Bible. eg in the last days there will be diseases

(3) the awake is just a research work which quoted its source.

Jehovah's witnesses did not maKe any prophecy it was just a logical analogy from scientific observation.
For more information check jw.org
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 10:23am On Mar 01, 2020
Mrshape:
Some article has been going online that jw made a prophecy about corona virus. but the truth is that

(1) Jehovahs witness don't release prophecies

(2)they only proclaim prophecies found in the Bible. eg in the last days there will be diseases

(3) the awake is just a research work which quoted its source.

Jehovah's witnesses did not maKe any prophecy it was just a logical analogy from scientific observation.
For more information check jw.org

So one JW is saying they did, another is saying they didn't. Who should we believe?

Below is a Snapshot of a JWs WhatsApp status update. It seems to me that members of this group have this Inferiority Complex that they struggle for relevance.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Mrshape: 10:31am On Mar 01, 2020
rottennaija:

So one JW is saying they did, another is saying they didn't. Who should we believe?

Below is a Snapshot of a JWs WhatsApp status update. It seems to me that members of this group have this Inferiority Complex that they struggle for relevance.
That was not a prophecy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2020
Mrshape:

That was not a prophecy.

What was it? What is prediction?

https://www.nairaland.com/5713058/jehovah-witness-predicted-coronavirus-15

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Mrshape: 10:39am On Mar 01, 2020
rottennaija:

What was it? What is prediction?

https://www.nairaland.com/5713058/jehovah-witness-predicted-coronavirus-15
Prophecies are inspired outrance of a prophet.
But that was a scientific prediction.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by kestolove95(m): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 11:16am On Mar 01, 2020
Mrshape:

If these were scientific prediction, why are your members in so high mood to circulate it?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by SouthNigerian: 11:36am On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Mrshape: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2020
rottennaija:

If these were scientific prediction, why are your members in so high mood to circulate it?
Because they are imperfect humans like you and I who can make mistakes
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by SouthNigerian: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mrshape:

We love to confuse ourselves with grammar in this country.

In ancient times, the word "prophecy" was used in place of the now choice word "prediction".

Prophecies are not what your religious leaders practice "standing on the pupit & yelling", it's not that tough.

Majority times, prophecies are given to Spiritual Leaders during their intimate period with the Divine realm.

Science is a language of this generation that is meant to help this generation understand the true value of life, including Spirituality. Scientific description of Spirituality is easier to imbibe for this generational set than the Religious description.

The Religious have lost its source while the Scientific counterpart keep seeking the Source.

If u doubt me, here is 1 question. Why are children of nowadays ranging 2-4yrs operates smartphones easily without you teaching them?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mrshape:

Because they are imperfect humans like you and I who can make mistakes
Do you see the same imperfection as an excuse when condemning other Christian groups are false believe?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
SouthNigerian:

We love to confuse ourselves with grammar in this country.

In ancient times, the word "prophecy" was used in place of the now choice word "prediction".

Prophecies are not what your religious leaders practice "standing on the pupit & yelling", it's not that tough.

Majority times, prophecies are given to Spiritual Leaders during their intimate period with the Divine realm.

Science is a language of this generation that is meant to help this generation understand the true value of life, including Spirituality. Scientific description of Spirituality is easier to imbibe for this generational set than the Religious description.

The Religious have lost its source while the Scientific counterpart keep seeking the Source.

If u doubt me, here is 1 question. Why are children of nowadays ranging 2-4yrs operates smartphones easily without you teaching them?

Do you want to mind him? JWs always jump into conclusions with their limited knowledge. One was shouting on Facebook last year "it's holy spirit not holy ghost" as if he has discovered some profound truth hidden to the rest of us.

When I showed him how inferior he reasons, he blocked me.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2021
rottennaija:

Do you want to mind him? JWs always jump into conclusions with their limited knowledge. One was shouting on Facebook last year "it's holy spirit not holy ghost" as if he has discovered some profound truth hidden to the rest of us.

When I showed him how inferior he reasons, he blocked me.

He didn't block you because he was inferior. He did that because he knew you are an apostate (ex jw that were disfellowshiped due to wrong doing that refused to repent).

Don't quote me cos I don't read/reply apostates.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
iamloyalty:

He didn't block you because he was inferior. He did that because he knew you are an apostate (ex jw that were disfellowshiped due to wrong doing that refused to repent).

When you decided to quote and reply my message, you must have understood that I will have to respond anyway. So, I'm responding anyway.

Get this straight, I was never disfellowshipped. There was never any judicial panel. I can walk in anyway anyday resume my hours and the elders will be smiling from hear to hear.

Understand this, I simple resigned from my position. Stopped attending the meetings and fade off. It was that simply.

And I'm going to add, I understand the difficulties in accepting that one who turns against the organisations' believes must have lived a moral upright life. It's easier to believe that they must have been doing one 'sin' or another. It simply hard to believe they weren't into any sin even when you know nothing about the individual involved.

Well, I guess that must be true since the biggest sin against the JW belief is questioning and disagreeing with the believes. In these, the Watchtower organisation is not alone for all high control group frowns on questions.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2021
iamloyalty:

Please add to our knowledge. Do JW treat disfellowshiped members as outcast (Osu)?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
I think this question should be forwarded to the first century Christian congregation! 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compared to 2Johm 10-11

Tcwork:

Please add to our knowledge. Do JW treat disfellowshiped members as outcast (Osu)?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:

Even as far as don't pick a call from those disfellowshipped or communicate with them via e-mails. Ask the JWs to give you evidence. They will.

It's more like nothing should be an opportunity or excuse to communicate with a disfellowshipped or disassociated person grin

Ask the poster above, what is the name given to disassociated or disfellowshipped person by his taskmasters which he later brought to this platform of which creating a thread for?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
iamloyalty:

The above is where the problem lies. No one leaves without a wrong doing grin cheesy. Like the image posted by rottennaija, LEAVING QUIETLY is never an OPTION. There must be a DEVIL troubling anyone leaving grin

In summary, you want to leave like a sheep? No way! You must be seen as WOLF once you leave.

Don't quote me cos I don't read/reply apostates

But you quoted an "APOSTATE" first after reading his post and gave a reply to his post as well grin

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I think this question should be forwarded to the first century Christian congregation! 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compared to 2Johm 10-11

What message will a disfellowshipped or disassociated person bring to warrant being made an OSU or outcast based on 2 John 10,11 you cited? grin

On what basis are you to call a disfellowshipped or disassociated person wicked that warrant him to become an OSU or outcast based on 1 Corinthians 5: 12,13

I think this question should be forwarded to the first century Christian congregation

You think it should be forwarded to who?

when you have the 21st century Jehovah's witnesses/true Christians aka GB of WTBTS with you of whom Jehovah is using as the ONE and ONLY CHANNEL to disseminate bible TRUTHS and bring people to salvation during the last days. grin

Don't tell me you are tired of holding those SKIRTS any longer oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
iamloyalty:

Actually, I didn't say he was inferior. It was his reasoning that was inferior.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
achorladey:

Even as far as don't pick a call from those disfellowshipped or communicate with them via e-mails. Ask the JWs to give you evidence. They will.

It's more like nothing should be an opportunity or excuse to communicate with a disfellowshipped or disassociated person grin

Ask the poster above, what is the name given to disassociated or disfellowshipped person by his taskmasters which he later brought to this platform of which creating a thread for?

If this is true, then I think they need to make major changes. Hate the sin not the sinner
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=97617757]I think this question should be forwarded to the first century Christian congregation! 1Corinthians 5:12-13 compared to 2Johm 10-11
Wow... I think this is teaching religious intolerance. Hopefully the apostles did not mean that we ostracize our fellow human beings.
Learning to show love to even the hopeless sinner i's the way of Christ.
Religious intolerance has not made the world a better place
Something I have come to learn is we can justify evil practice using the scriptures.
There is so much good about JW but religious intolerance and exclusion cannot be right.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
rottennaija:

Actually, I didn't say he was inferior. It was his reasoning that was inferior.

The post of Max already gave you an hint of what it is.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
achorladey:

Hmm
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
rottennaija:

Hmm

Sorry! that post is not meant as a reply to you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by achorladey: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Tcwork post=97620413][/quote]

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by rottennaija(m): 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
achorladey:

Sorry! that post is not meant as a reply to you.

I knew. I understood.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Emusan(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
Mrshape:
Prophecies are inspired outrance of a prophet. But that was a scientific prediction.
Who is that SCIENTIST among JWs that made the prediction?
Care to know...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Janosky: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emusan:

Who is that SCIENTIST among JWs that made the prediction?

Care to know...

None at all !

The Awake! , 22nd December,2005 in the caption "INFLUENZA- what we know now" quoted a 2003 article from a Medical Journal , The Vaccine".

"Could It Come Back? " (Subheading)
According to many experts, it is not a question of if such a vicious flu virus will return but of when and how it will return. In fact, some expect a significant new influenza outbreak every 11 years or so and a severe one approximately every 30 years. According to these predictions, mankind is overdue for another pandemic.

The medical journal Vaccine reported in 2003: “It has been 35 years since the last influenza pandemic, and the longest interval between pandemics recorded with certainty is 39 years.” The article continued: “The pandemic virus may emerge in China or a nearby country and could include surface antigens or virulence factors derived from animal influenza viruses.”

The Vaccine article predicted concerning the virus: “It will spread rapidly throughout the world. Several waves of infection will occur. Morbidity will be extensive in all age groups, and there will be widespread disruption of social and economic activity in all countries. Excess mortality will be evident in most if not all age groups. It is unlikely that health care systems in even the most economically developed countries will be able to adequately cope with the demand for health care services.”
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Emusan(m): 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
Janosky:

None at all !

The Awake! , 22nd December,2005 in the caption "INFLUENZA- what we know now" quoted a 2003 article from a Medical Journal , The Vaccine".

"Could It Come Back? " (Subheading)
According to many experts, it is not a question of if such a vicious flu virus will return but of when and how it will return. In fact, some expect a significant new influenza outbreak every 11 years or so and a severe one approximately every 30 years. According to these predictions, mankind is overdue for another pandemic.

The medical journal Vaccine reported in 2003: “It has been 35 years since the last influenza pandemic, and the longest interval between pandemics recorded with certainty is 39 years.” The article continued: “The pandemic virus may emerge in China or a nearby country and could include surface antigens or virulence factors derived from animal influenza viruses.”

The Vaccine article predicted concerning the virus: “It will spread rapidly throughout the world. Several waves of infection will occur. Morbidity will be extensive in all age groups, and there will be widespread disruption of social and economic activity in all countries. Excess mortality will be evident in most if not all age groups. It is unlikely that health care systems in even the most economically developed countries will be able to adequately cope with the demand for health care services.”

That means we can trust those scientists more than people behind the publication of Awake.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2021
Just try to work on your biased mindset! wink

Next time you want to talk about people, try not to be easily carried along with the crowd {Exodus 23:1-2} make sure you stand out as a unique observer!

Meanwhile what do you think about the practical application of those two Bible verses. {1Corinthians 5:12-13; 2John 10-11} remember it's not written in your copy of the Bible by JWs so tell me what do you think about it? smiley

[quote author=Tcwork post=97620413][/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Did not make Any Prophecy On Corona Virus by Tcwork: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Just try to work on your biased mindset! wink

Next time you want to talk about people, try not to be easily carried along with the crowd {Exodus 23:1-2} make sure you stand out as a unique observer!

Meanwhile what do you think about the practical application of those two Bible verses. {1Corinthians 5:12-13; 2John 10-11} remember it's not written in your copy of the Bible by JWs so tell me what do you think about it? smiley

From the thread, we learnt that JW members blocked a formal member on facebook.
I asked for a reason and you gave me these 2 scriptures.
I imagined how the world would be if every church applied same rules.
Families would be broken up. Communities would be spilt in two.
Catholics would block all protestants.
You seem to forget that Facebook isn't just about religion. There is s much we can share outside our religious beliefs.
The very same thing happened in Igbo traditional religion. That was how Osu was born.
Christianity should stand out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story / ⭐ Read Apostle Joshua Selman Written Messages & Articles Online (very Powerful) / Does Hell Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.