Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (49988 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by SweetCunt97(f): 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Probably
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
ty4real123:
Ex-First Lady Turai and late ex-President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Madam Turai Musa Yar’Adua, wife of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, has lamented that Nigeria is in a precarious state today because her husband’s regime was cut short by his sickness and eventual death.

She noted that Nigeria would have been much better if the late President had finished his tenure but for the lingering sickness that eventually terminated his vision-driven life.

“The situation in Nigeria would have been better had my husband, the late President, survived his ailment because he was a focused, committed and determined leader.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time, he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service,” she said.

Underscoring the humility of Musa Yar’Adua, she said he once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think that he had left so much money.

The former First Lady, who spoke at a recent memorial lecture in honour of the late President in Katsina, also said: “The late Yar’Adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me: ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession’.”

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Madam Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me, ‘people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay’.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise hospital and road projects,” she said.

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/92938-Nigeria-would-have-been-a-better-place-if-my-husband-did-not-die-Ex-First-Lady-Turai-Musa-YarAdua
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by MrBONE2(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
GOFRONT:
Sorry Hajia Turai.....

That's the same way y'all would look back one day and say NAIRALAND would have been better if not for the Absence of NwaAmaikpe!! grin......When he would have gone on his Sabbatical leave....

But funny enough, y'all don't want to bask on his presence to gain what he z gat to offer y'all here until he z gone!!!

Longlive NwaAmaikpe!
grin
Longlive Nairaland!!
Longlive all Nairaland members!!!
Longlive Federal republic of Nigeria!!!!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
RIP SIR. It pains me to c bad things happen to people
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Jrevelation(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
May he continue to rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by bigpicture001: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
I see him as naija's worst leader after buhari
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by tunapawizzy: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
guru90:

Our evil leaders don't want good things at all in this so called NIGERIA.
the followers are also not ready to be free honestly. how we found ourselves having to pick between Buhari and Atiku in a nation of forward-thinkers is beyond my understanding. No oppressor will decide to stop oppressing, we will have to forcefully stop the oppressor..leaving it to the so called leaders? it will only get worse. they are the beneficiaries.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by BLS1: 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
ilyasom:

Don't mind them. Collective amnesia

Bro it is very painful.

I wanted to respond with links for every single lie that has been told on this thread, but then I thought to myself, I'm just enabling there lazy behaviour.

If these people are our future we are doomed to keep repeating our mistakes over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dareal90s(m): 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
Your husband's death was beyond our control and inevitable. The pain is understandable.

But voting Buhari in 2015 was an avoidable disaster but for some group of "intellectuals" whose sophistication could not see beyond their nose.
I tot u said those group can't make anyone a president, why accuse them nw?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dareal90s(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
modsareuseless:
he was supported by everyone. he was loved in the south east so much! only idiots think igbos hate buhari because he's from the north, no. the igbos hate buhari because he's a disaster, a failure, a bastard, fulani herdsman and an extremist.
But u guys said Buhari is dead, y hating on a dead man?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Spot on!
Though i thought buhari will be the best ever but i was damn wrong!....

The redundant, clueless, lifeless, sadist is nig's worst disaster!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by daddytime(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
I thought it was during his tenure the leader (Yusuf) of a then little unknown group Boko Haram was assassinated, giving birth to the hydra-headed monster we are still battling today.

If to say Buhari die without becoming a democratically elected president, in fact, everybody for say na the Messiah wey we never get to rule us.

God dey..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by OlujobaSamuel: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
BLS1:

Bro it is very painful.

I wanted to respond with links for every single lie that has been told on this thread, but then I thought to myself, I'm just enabling there lazy behaviour.

If these people are our future we are doomed to keep repeating our mistakes over and over again.
Lol, someone even said nothing like ASUU strike. I just dey laff.
I still remember vividly that we experienced the longest ASUU strike during his time, it was at that same time that he traveled to Saudi to commission a private university.
The man traveled more to Saudi than any other president, yet some are giving him a garment of sainthood.
There is this notorious smuggler in the North that was left off the hook because of his pally with Yar'Adua.
From 1999 till date, we have no patriotic president

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Omoejigbahe(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
He was attending oic meetings even though Nigeria is a secular state.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by abeggnow: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Buchyke8:
Your husband was a great man who changed many factors....but sad his brother has shattered all he built
hos brother ?? A man from your state doesn't mean you are brothers
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by whitedove(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
He was a great man! give a man education;he will become the best of us.what Buhari lack ,he had...maybe he was a second chance for Nigeria but we couldn't maximize the opportunity presented to us.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by fantastic1: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Does it matter whether she was a better first lady or not? So that question is very irrelevant. The husband had positioned Nigeria on a path of growth and development and that's the most important thing.
XOGBADO:
Yar'Adua would have set Nigeria on the right track if only he had lived long enough. But the question is this; would you have been a better first lady?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
President that has a Blueprint of what he's going to do. Sad he died so early.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Sirseedorf(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
embarassed

So sad we lost a man of integrity.

After him is a drunkard from otuoke and then the dullard with no certificate that choose to be tribalistic and clueless about the activity of the country.

Rip Musa Yar Adua
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by born2begreat(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
That’s absolute correct. The president that has done good than those who has ruled us for years. But death cut his life short and we started experiencing callous and cruel people as president. May his soul continue to rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by NorthernSerene(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hmm! Kai! Most of Nigerians.

Hmm! May his soul continue to rest in peace.
Please Ma just find better thing talk. Who is Yar'adu? A TV set, that was remoted. Hmm!
#LordComeForOurRescue
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by BLS1: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Lol, someone even said nothing like ASUU strike. I just dey laff.
I still remember vividly that we experienced the longest ASUU strike during his time, it was at that same time that he traveled to Saudi to commission a private university.
The man traveled more to Saudi than any other president, yet some are giving him a garment of sainthood.
There is this notorious smuggler in the North that was left off the hook because of his pally with Yar'Adua.
From 1999 till date, we have no patriotic president

Thanks bro, adding to my earlier post.... to think they post these lies which such confidence.

https://www.nairaland.com/327389/ASUU-strike-yaradua-seeks-oshiomholes
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Theoarhics: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
I strongly second the statement . Very correct man. He was the best leader we never had. Detribalised Nigerian,Visionary man from Kastina and very transparent persnality .Unlike the one we are currently cusred with.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Goldencheese(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
kestolove95:
After this God sent man died, a drunkard took over nd start d destruction then the worst of them came, an illiterate without certificate, tribalist bigot that don't know his left from ryt took ova, his on a northern mission

I like your unbiased analysis.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Wickedfacts: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Under her husband, Sayyadi Abba Ruma as Minister for Agriculture used 200 Billion Naira to buy fertilisers and farmers didn't get any.

However, he was never accused of stealing a single kobo and was more interested in getting the best for the ordinary man. His wife however, was a different kettle of fish entirely.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
The only time we had a man of the people, God took him from us, he then gave us Stealing Is Not Corruption, God must be angry
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by OlujobaSamuel: 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
BLS1:

Thanks bro, adding to my earlier post.... to think they post these lies which such confidence.

https://www.nairaland.com/327389/ASUU-strike-yaradua-seeks-oshiomholes
Should they call you a liar, show them this https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/yaradua-administration-and-ASUU-strike.html
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by XOGBADO(m): 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
fantastic1:
Does it matter whether she was a better first lady or not? So that question is very irrelevant. The husband had positioned Nigeria on a path of growth and development and that's the most important thing.

This is the only reasonable person that has quoted me.

It matters Chief, women have a certain level of influence on their husband.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dottore: 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
Visacnd:
100% visa application guaranteed 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::34::27::19::32 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL visa IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::34::27::19::32
Hope all your family members are living abroad with green cards and gainful jobs.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ednut1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Just se gullible nigerians hailing his man. Smh. He reversed sale of refineries to dangote. The so called amnesty was a tool to chop money. Abeg abeg abeg
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Bullet01(f): 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
He was a good man. I bought my first car during his regime at least.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency / Senate President Ahmad Lawan Loses Polling Unit To Atiku / Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.