Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 (38625 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Anthony Joshua Set To Pocket $85million From His Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by BluntBoy(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

But this was not the case in the days of Mohammed Ali, George Foreman, Mike Tyson

It has always been the case. During the days of Mohammed Ali, there were only 2 major belts. During the time of Mike Tyson, there were 3 belts.

But now, there are four belts. Since they added a 4th belt (WBO), we have not had any man (fighting in the heavyweight class) hold the 4 belts at the same time. So, we have not had a 4-belt undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

The last undisputed heavyweight champion of the world is Lennox Lewis.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Vicyace: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
Stephendeals:
shocked

All the best to Anthony Joshua vs Pulev...
Pulev is also a technical boxer like Joshua so it will be a rocky contest....
Pulev take bouts to the end and get decisions, so he knows how to throw body shots, evade jabs etc...
A Joshua win will make things juicy awaiting an unification bout with the Gypsy King, Many possible outcomes...
By the way Deontay Wilder has suddenly remembered his African roots after he was humbled by Fury...
He has term himself ''African Giant" has Oluwaburna finally gotten to him undecided

For New Laptops and Printers with K.O specs contact me on siggy wink

Pulev's defence against klitscho was quite embrassing.
It seemed as if he was defending Klitscho's punches with his bare face.

He sucked at ducking punches, sometime AJ seems good at.

The few times AJ couldn't duck Klitscho's hook went really badly for him
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Righteousness89(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
seunmsg:

Joshua will stake the three belts with him against Pulev.

Bro, u guys are confusing us the more..

Someone just said if he beats Joshua, he takes all 4 belts..
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by degamemaster(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
masterflowx:

Go boy... We're solidly behind you.
Anthony omo Joshua
Sky is your starting point.

But I beg you in the name of Jesus
Pls, talkless. Don't go and do like mumu the Wilder.
Victory is yours!

Talking, he won't talk too much and I trust his humility and respect for his opponent but my greatest fear is that CUPPY of a girl. She should make sure she doesn't skip her medications cos that could make her give my guy that thing and story go come follow..
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by babzo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

I am more Confused with at Bolden..

If He Beats Joshua, He takes all his 4 belts..

Yes o! You beat the Champ; you become the Champ.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by dheilaw1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
ursullalinda:
Seems wrestling has so many titles......I don't understand......all the best to our own Anthony.
wrestling?
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by orunmila144: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
kuburatu no sabi fight
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
ursullalinda:
Seems wrestling has so many titles......I don't understand......all the best to our own Anthony.

Even football has just as many. Also, you must know that the main reason boxing has so many titles is down to the fact that there is no single world governing or sanctioning body like you have in sports like football, b/ball, hockey etc.

That's just it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by masterflowx(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
degamemaster:

Talking, he won't talk too much and I trust his humility and respect for his opponent but my greatest fear is that CUPPY of a girl. She should make sure she doesn't skip her medications cos that could make her give my guy that thing and story go come follow..

A.J and Cuppy are just friends.
Nothing to worry about...

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by seunmsg(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

To the best of my knowledge, AJ has three belts and all the belts will be up for grab against Pulev.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by dhareh: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Abeg , One Question!
How Many titles are in Boxing?

Ibf
Ibo
wba
WBC

Same in cruiserweight...... first three held by AJ
The fourth now with Fury

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Kingkezie: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
masterflowx:

Go boy... We're solidly behind you.
Anthony omo Joshua
Sky is your starting point.

But I beg you in the name of Jesus
Pls, talkless. Don't go and do like mumu the Wilder.
Victory is yours!

JOSHUA HAS NEVER BEEN A TRASH TALKER IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING BOXING FOR A WHILE

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by degamemaster(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
thoollz:
This pulev seem to have the experience, but AJ is younger, I hope he makes use of the advantage. I don't think AJ is at the top of the sport yet, until he faces one of Wilder or Fury, which he seems to be avoiding.

You people should stop this wilder madness, I told some of you that wilder is just a noise maker and I'm sure fury will humble him and that's exactly what happened. The same way AJ will humble either of them.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
ursullalinda:

W... w... wait! Did you say "wrestling"

sad

Damn I read it as boxing.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by ogunsj: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

I need to understand something here..

Now Wilder has activated his Rematch Clause with Tyson fury... which may be btw June or July..

What Title is Joshua fighting Kuburat for now?
Joshua is not the challenger but kuburat. Joshua has to wait for both fury and Wilder to settle their scores before fighting any of them that comes top. boxing is a big business, sometimes a champion or holder of any belts dodge fight if he's not so sure of himself so that he can still enjoy his status. being a champion comes with a lot of benefits business wise, sponsorships, advert, and other image marketing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by babzo(m): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

See his belts. They are 4.

IBO
IBF
WBA
WBO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by degamemaster(m): 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2020
masterflowx:

Good for her, cos I won't forgive her if she do anything fuckpid with my guy. grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by BluntBoy(m): 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Yes, bro.

Joshua has four belts, but one of the belts (IBO) is a minor belt.

In boxing, the winner takes all. So, if Pulev beats Joshua, he takes all the four belts just like when Ruiz beat Joshua, he took all the four belts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Ray4raybest01(m): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
[Will you keep quiet? must you comment?is Joshua a wrestler or boxer?quote author=ursullalinda post=87107188]Seems wrestling has so many titles......I don't understand......all the best to our own Anthony. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by masterflowx(m): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
grin
degamemaster:

Good for her, cos I won't forgive her if she do anything fuckpid with my guy. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

But this was not the case in the days of Mohammed Ali, George Foreman, Mike Tyson

This thing you are talking about dates back to the 1920s.

Ali and Foreman weren't even in the game when it started.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by dhareh: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Pulev is mandatory challenger to the IBO belt with AJ, so the the IBF and WBO belt are not inclusive, even if he wins which of cause he can’t, he’s getting only IBO belt.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by OlawaleBammie: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
babzo:

Title is by Association

The World Boxing Association (WBA)
The World Boxing Council (WBC)
The International Boxing Federation (IBF)
The World Boxing Organisation (WBO).
The International Boxing Organization (IBO)

And 17 Weight Divisions e.g. Heavyweight-Lightweight, Welterweight etc. Decided by how heavy you are.

And why is it that with a single fight u would win/lose three trophies or more?
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Afritop(m): 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Pulev only lost one fight so far. The fight between him and Joshua is even
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
masterflowx:

But on that day, he shouldn't take her near the ring.

To avoid... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by babzo(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Thats the risk. There are thousands of boxing matches every year; even on the night of a major fight- there are 2 or 3 matches at the same venue; but Championship fights are few in a year and big. As in BIGGGGGG.
Its winner takes all and its turn by turn.

To be number 1 contender to face the Champion, you have to wait for your time and slowly climb up the ranks. Unlike soccer where Oshodi United can play Manchester United in a friendly or Backyard FC can play Arsenal in the FA Cup and shine.

When your time comes like Ruiz against AJ and Buster Douglas against Tyson- you make maximum use of it because while you may only get $1 million for the fight; if you WIN- your next fight as the Champion (win or loose) is retirement money.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by Realfrankie(m): 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
MorataFC:
buhari to him grin

You're a clown
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by dhareh: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
BluntBoy:

Yes, bro.

Joshua has four belts, but one of the belts (IBO) is a minor belt.

In boxing, the winner takes all. So, if Pulev beats Joshua, he takes all the four belts just like when Ruiz beat Joshua, he took all the four belts.

Pulev not the mandatory challenger to other belts held by AJ, IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO are all different body who has their respective mandatory challenger to their title holder...... the case of unification fight is when they all come together to organize the fight

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by OlawaleBammie: 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
babzo:

Thats the risk. There are thousands of boxing matches every year; even on the night of a major fight- there are 2 or 3 matches at the same venue; but Championship fights are few in a year and big. As in BIGGGGGG.
Its winner takes all and its turn by turn.

To be number 1 contender to face the Champion, you have to wait for your time and slowly climb up the ranks. Unlike soccer where Oshodi United can play Manchester United in a friendly or Backyard FC can play Arsenal in the FA Cup and shine.

When your time comes like Ruiz against AJ and Buster Douglas against Tyson- you make maximum use of it because while you may only get $1 million for the fight; if you WIN- your next fight as the Champion (win or loose) is retirement money.

Ahahahaaaa backyard united grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by shadrach77: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
seunmsg:

To the best of my knowledge, AJ has three belts and all the belts will be up for grab against Pulev.

He has FOUR belts
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by BluntBoy(m): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
dhareh:

Pulev is mandatory challenger to the IBO belt with AJ, so the the IBF and WBO belt are not inclusive, even if he wins which of cause he can’t, he’s getting only IBO belt.

Bro, don't get confused with mandatories in boxing.

Winners take all in boxing. If Pulev beats Joshua, he takes all the belts.

Mandatories are just to make arranging fights easier and fair to every ranked boxer.

Whenever Joshua fights any of his mandos, all of his belts are always at stake.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 by BluntBoy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

In boxing, winners take all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emiliano Sala Told Teammates He Was Worried About The Plane! / John Fashanu’s Daughter Comes In His Defence / France Release 23-man Squad For Russia 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.