Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Urgent Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent Advice Needed (302 Views)

Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed by youngsahito(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
A friend of mine is in dire need of what to do right now.

He was recently employed in an organization where he is on a 3 month probabtion, after his first month of working, his salary was slashed by 35% on which he complained to the director about it.

The director said that it is only a temporary thing only if he step up on his work that he will receive his full payment after d next appraisal by his team leader.

Meanwhile, he hasn't acknowledge or signed that he received the letter of deduction.

Moreover, the following week comes and he was terminated with his team leader that there services is no longer required in the company.

So now the HR is on his neck to sign the letter which she will forward to him via email.

He is confused on what to do that is it possible for him to receive his full salary and also his termination pay if he doesn't sign it or what does he needs to do?

pls, your urgent advice is what he needs.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by happiness4ever(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by wisestman(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
youngsahito:
A friend of mine is in dire need of what to do right now.

He was recently employed in an organization where he is on a 3 month probabtion, after his first month of working, his salary was slashed by 35% on which he complained to the director about it.

The director said that it is only a temporary thing only if he step up on his work that he will receive his full payment after d next appraisal by his team leader.

Meanwhile, he hasn't acknowledge or signed that he received the letter of deduction.

Moreover, the following week comes and he was terminated with his team leader that there services is no longer required in the company.

So now the HR is on his neck to sign the letter which she will forward to him via email.

He is confused on what to do that is it possible for him to receive his full salary and also his termination pay if he doesn't sign it or what does he needs to do?

pls, your urgent advice is what he needs.

Tell your friend to take his employment letter and narrate this story to a lawyer. The thing is that we are mostly afraid to consult a lawyer in issues like this and I don't know why. A lawyer will best explain the terms of his contract and next step to take. He can look for a lawyer in his church or mosque, they won't collect anything if he explains his predicament.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed by ediko5(m): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
wisestman:

Tell your friend to take his employment letter and narrate this story to a lawyer. The thing is that we are mostly afraid to consult a lawyer in issues like this and I don't know why. A lawyer will best explain the terms of his contract and next step to take. He can look for a lawyer in his church or mosque, they won't collect anything if he explains his predicament.

Yeah, people are afraid to consult lawyers because of the selfish nature of most legal practitioners.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Tomato Paste Production Business In Africa. / VACANCY: UAC Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment For 2 Positions / The Ugly Truth About Making Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.