Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,385 members, 7,864,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' (36344 Views)

Shehu Sani On Muslim- Muslim Ticket / Shehu Sani On Tinubu's Real Age / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' by NGpatriot: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
marvinsync:

so picture and name constitute medical info to you abi? this is what happens when u feel u must win arguments , u talk nonsens€ ,

baba I checked everywhere b4 replying ur message, no where does it say that medical info is a patients name or picture (https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/medical-information )

me I don Google finish and that up there is one of the places u get several information on the meaning of medical info

medical info is self explanatory, information about medical related issues (eg ,blood type , geno type, positive and negative results for diseases , allergies etc)

Medical information means any individually identifiable information

not some picture or name, anyone and I repeat anyone can post ur picture and name!

Dont be stup!d

Release the names of patient's diagnosed as infected with corona virus is release their health records, names and diagnosis are the core and primary medical info.

Coronavirus infected patients are undergoing treatment and everything about them including their names, pictures, health records are protected via privacy laws all over the world and specifically the EU.

Their names are part of their medical info and there's no medical info without the name of the person that generated that record.

A subset of health information that identifies the individual or can reasonably be used to identify the individual; HIPAA protects individually identifiable health information. Common individual identifiers include name, address, and social security number, but may also include date of birth, Zip Code, or county location.

https://www.eff.org/glossary/individually-identifiable-health-information-iihi

What is Individually Identifiable Health Information?

1.Names (Full or last name and initial)

17.Full face photographic images and any comparable images

https://www.hipaajournal.com/what-is-protected-health-information/

Your just crucified your own argument with your own post, must be illiteracy of course.

The names of any patients undergoing treatment are protected under privacy laws, you can not publicly release their names.

There's no medical records without names, names are attached to medical records and when you release names of infected patients and their diagnosis like these Nigerians are infected with corona virus,, you just released their diagnosis and the whole medical records.

Stop being ignorant abeg.
Re: Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' by NOHOIDSBAR: 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Release the names of patient's diagnosed as infected with corona virus is release their health records, names and diagnosis are the core and primary medical info.

Coronavirus infected patients are undergoing treatment and everything about them including their names, pictures, health records are protected via privacy laws all over the world and specifically the EU.

Their names are part of their medical info and there's no medical info without the name of the person that generated that record.

Your just crucified your own argument with your own post, must be illiteracy of course.

The names of any patients undergoing treatment are protected under privacy laws, you can not publicly release their names.

There's no medical records without names, names are attached to medical records and when you release names of infected patients and their diagnosis like these Nigerians are infected with corona virus,, you just released their diagnosis and the whole medical records.

[/s]
Re: Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' by marvinsync(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

now u said "medical" information & now u say "health" information , I know u may argue they mean the same or similar things but not exactly and it affected my research cause what I searched for was "medical" information

but I do see where ur coming from, a person has privacy rights, so their health status would be kept secret hence, means of identifying them with a disease is not allowed and identifiers are names , pictures etc

but still my point remains valid that names and pictures aren't "medical" information.

u just weren't accurate with what u posted first
Re: Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' by NGpatriot: 11:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
marvinsync:

now u said "medical" information & now u say "health" information , I know u may argue they mean the same or similar things but not exactly and it affected my research cause what I searched for was "medical" information

but I do see where ur coming from, a person has privacy rights, so their health status would be kept secret hence, means of identifying them with a disease is not allowed and identifiers are names , pictures etc

but still my point remains valid that names and pictures aren't "medical" information.

Medical information means any information contained in the medical record or any information pertaining to the medical, mental health, and health care services performed at the direction of a physician or other licensed health care provider which is protected by the physician-patient privilege established by section

To start with, your health information is what's inside your medical record, it is the same thing regardless what you call it, the above quote is from your own link, the link you confused yourself with while trying to prove my point for me.

What is wrong with you? You can not read and comprehend or what?

...but you're sitting here arguing blindly and wasting my time.
Re: Shehu Sani On Coronavirus: 'If The Italian Patient Were A Nigerian In Italy....' by NGpatriot: 12:00am On Mar 05, 2020
marvinsync:

Medical information means any individually identifiable information,

What is Individually Identifiable Health Information?

1.Names (Full or last name and initial)

17.Full face photographic images and any comparable images

https://www.hipaajournal.com/what-is-protected-health-information/

Individually Identifiable Health Information means names, pictures other identifiable info that you need to identify patients.

You posted this yourself, you offered the meaning of medical records and it says the meaning is individually identifiable information which is names, photographs, race, sex, general demographics.

You proved my point for me with your own link and post.

Going back and forth with some of you confused, can't read and comprehend people is really a pain. You don't know anything and still won't learn, even your own post and link gave you EXPO, but you still bungled it.

What a shame.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Oil Marketers Approved By Dangote Refinery To Lift Refined Products / Olusegun Obasanjo Watching His Son's Music Video / Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.