Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job (24771 Views)

I Lost My Teaching Job After They Told Us To Reapply / A Nigerian Bank Security Guard Who Became A Bank Staff Praises God. / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Compliant(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2020
@op how come I am seeing all these in your signature?

Signature: "Car dealer, Software developer, CCTV and Solar inverter installation, computer hardware maintenance and repairs, public speaker, M.O.G, investor, and digital marketer, made in Aba ambassador"

3 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Okikaneseokwu: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:
Take the bank job, wen u start, tell your supervisor to fix u into night duty. you can still teach if u r hardworking 40+20k =60k
Which kind mumu hardworking, can't u say what is attainable ?
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by tyup(m): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
You want to further your education,less than a year of graduation? The Bsc you have what have you done with it? Collecting 20k salary. I don't know why lots of youths are so senseless..
First,how much will you save monthly that will be enough for your masters?
Secondly, after the Masters what next? Job will come? Big lie. Why not safe to start a small business or use the money to learn a skill .

The best comment/reply so far

tbh I just shook my head for Toby122
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OlawaleBammie: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
You want to further your education,less than a year of graduation? The Bsc you have what have you done with it? Collecting 20k salary. I don't know why lots of youths are so senseless..
Secondly, after the Masters what next? Job will come? Big lie. Why not safe to start a small business or use the money to learn a skill .

just exactly my tot.

One of my bro bn dey tell me to go for my pgd, i just told him am not interested for now, what av i dont with d hnd am having??

at this age i need to tink about how to b a man and not how to b roaming about a four walled enclosure.

3 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by membranus: 9:24am On Mar 04, 2020
solmus:
Secuirity job in a bank pays more, it is like airport staffs, you can build a house in 6 months just by begging

Lie, lie liar. A liar will not make heaven; please QUICKLY repent.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by ikorodureporta: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:
Hello, Nairalanders, I am 27 years of age and just passed out from service October last year, with a 2.1 degree cert in Geo/Envi Mgt.

My PPA retained me with a pay of 20k just this January they added 5k to my salary.

On Friday I got a call from my pastor about a security job in first bank. To cut the long story short, I was given an appointment with a salary of 40k, and now I am so confused. I have plans to further my education by September this year and am not really comfortable with leaving my current job...

Pls I want your take on this....

Teaching job of N25k, + private coaching thru the students can get you up to N100k.. bsides, there is less pressure on you... compared to bank security where you start feeling discomfort around customers bcoz of yr degree smiley , ...& you have to always be @ alert.. na armed robbery I fear pass for bank job

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by alamin0506(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2020
Well, if you will take my words stick to the Teaching job it's gives you room to study more and with that you can further and above all with good plans you can attach something else to it or even search for a better job, but you see been a sexy in the bank my brother sorry you have whole lots of limitations.Thanks
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2020
I laugh when I see people saying learn programming learn this skill learn that skill. All nonsense if you do not understand or love it. The truth is that you should just manage with the teaching job then further your education (you can do this online).

4 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OlawaleBammie: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2020
Highesschief1:
It breaks my heart when I see young bloods settle for so little! What is 20k or even 40k in this difficult country.. You are even asking for advice on which to settle! You even have a 2:1....must you collect salary? Them take salary swear for you? This is my advice... Send that certificate to your mum to keep in her box for you then go and learn a trade, hand work or any craftsmanship.. Go and do boyi-boyi for some igbo folks even if the agreement does not involve settlement at least they will support you with goods on credit and they will teach u.
Dedicated two years of your life to what I have said and you will definitely be better off than taking that slave salary job that might leave you frustrated for years.

If you are an undergraduate reading this, please start learning something, acquire a new skill, meet traders and show interest, they will teach you also put that data to proper use by researching the internet, material for any thing on this planet can be found there..
The education you have acquired will be an added advantage.. Better research, presentation, proposals

Bros u dey drink malt?? av got one for u here
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by joyandfaith: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:
Hello, Nairalanders, I am 27 years of age and just passed out from service October last year, with a 2.1 degree cert in Geo/Envi Mgt.

My PPA retained me with a pay of 20k just this January they added 5k to my salary.

On Friday I got a call from my pastor about a security job in first bank. To cut the long story short, I was given an appointment with a salary of 40k, and now I am so confused. I have plans to further my education by September this year and am not really comfortable with leaving my current job...

Teaching job will allow you to think
Plan to start a business or to get another job
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by odinga1of: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

Bros collect the 40k job and leave school for now.

Even the president is not that educated.

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by lordixon(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

Ordinarily, you will be told to keep your teaching job. If teaching is your passion and you find happiness in it, keep it but if not, take the security job because it gives you a wider space where you can meet alot of people and if you are good, your connect grows. In the teaching job, you space is really limited.

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by majormofor(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

It's simple, with a security Job... U keep on being in d security related sector while in the teaching job, you can expand to another sector if you want to later in life.....the choice is Urs....

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by xrayj(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
Secondly, after the Masters what next? Job will come? Big lie. Why not save to start a small business or use the money to learn a skill .
Cc Toby122
Please listen to this man, if someone is not promising u a lecturing job that u are very sure of, kindly follow the emboldened advice. Don't waste money u don't have for masters
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Topmaike007(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2020
Kenlinks546:
Take the bank job, wen u start, tell your supervisor to fix u into night duty. you can still teach if u r hardworking 40+20k =60k
him no go rest
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by ghettochild4u(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

Take d security job... From there u fit enter bank job once they see ur qualifications or again. U can save up from the 40k and go back to sch to upgrade... Leave that teaching job...
Teaching sucks in Nigeria.. Believe me

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by xrayj(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2020
Yustash001:
Chai a graduate 25k per month....Make Allah save Nigeria...
U are saying chai?
Many graduates don't even have job, so they earn nothing. 25k no better pass who no dey earn anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Samfloxin(m): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
you don't have to use the word senseless

2 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OlawaleBammie: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2020
gago1:

Nice idea but my dear is not everybody that business works for and even after learning he doesn’t have capital to start nobody will give credit on full goods

Not every business need you to provide a capital
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by freshboi88: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2020
My brother, nobody makes it over night, dnt mind some frustrated pple telling u how it's a bad idea to further Ur education, if u r below 30, keep the teaching job, u can add some private tutoring to it but go for ur masters, someone even said u shud go and do boi boi for Igbo traders... hahahaha!!!!.........They may be right doh, after d masters u may or may not get that dream job, it's not a guarantee but you that masters degree can open doors for you beyond your wildest imagination. ......A security job in a bank will kill Ur morale for academic success because of the people who u will relate with. On top of that, the teaching job is more respectable

7 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OChimex: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2020
godfrey01:

if you need a time and space to do other things, and plan for yourself, continue your teaching job

. as per the security job, thou the price is big but are you ready for the challenges.. the insult, the submissiveness and the late closing hours.. have once done security job, the hell i received from customers will not making me ever thought of that again.. you wil be submissive to every dock and harry

Oga, so far as you make money, to hell with respect or ego. Go ask abroad guys what shit they go thru over there, but come here, you guys want to be like them.

40k - 25k = 15k

This guy said he is going into further study by September, so he needs lots of money.

My take is, which of these jobs will give him more savings after expenses each month?

Let him go for that one and do the job with joy and humility. As for giving him space, bro listen if you wanna make more money, you gat to put more time and effort. that's the price you pay.

"Money wey you make from packing shit no dey smell like shit."

3 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OChimex: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

Oga, so far as you make money, to hell with respect or ego. Go ask abroad guys what shit they go thru over there, but come here, you guys want to be like them.

40k - 25k = 15k

This guy said he is going into further study by September, so he needs lots of money.

My take is, which of these jobs will give him more savings after expenses each month?

Let him go for that one and do the job with joy and humility. As for giving him space, bro listen if you wanna make more money, you gat to put more time and effort. that's the price you pay.

"Money wey you make from packing shit no dey smell like shit."
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by MOG4LIFE: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2020
Combining Education with bank security job is possible but very difficult considering the fact that you will be working even on weekends & getting permission most times from your supervisors is hell difficult.. Teaching job might be more flexible for you but the pay is low.. However, everything in life depends on how disciplined & focused you are towards achieving your desired goal... 25k can do for you what 40k can do for you if you know your onions....
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by koldej(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
Can't u jst advice without insulting, i don't think you have to call him senseless because he wish to further more, habaa...let's respect ourselves na
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by OlawaleBammie: 9:48am On Mar 04, 2020
Mateen1000:

Better Said than Done
Sounds easy since ur own is just to type
So after learning the trade for “free”
He won’t eat and cater 4 himself 4 that two years
And boom, he starts his own too without capital

Ogaaa its not every trade dat need ur capital, and forget it, money for food and babes go show one way or the other
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by ghettochild4u(m): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2020
ghettochild4u:

Take d security job... From there u fit enter bank job once they see ur qualifications or again. U can save up from the 40k and go back to sch to upgrade... Leave that teaching job...
Teaching sucks in Nigeria.. Believe me
Even ur security job, if u r nice to people they wl give u small tips.. Am not asking u to be saluting people ooo... You better than that.. Nigerians are the most sympathetic n most open handed people in d world.. We give others easily compared to many part of the world.. When I came to South Africa, was doing security job... No black ever gave me a dime... Infact they'd talk to u anyhow, southie we no even get respect before... The Whites or the boers are better, one time some white dude came to the garage(fuel station) where my company was contracted, he just said watch my car.... He came out back with 2 pies and handed over to me.. Mind u this pie no be cheap ones o.. One goes for 39rand...
I reluctantly said no he shdnt bother but he insisted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Adejal: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2020
You've already answered yourself bruh, since you have intention of furthering your education education line is the best option. When the time is right good job with nice pay will locate you.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by ahiboilandgas: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2020
Highesschief1:
It breaks my heart when I see young bloods settle for so little! What is 20k or even 40k in this difficult country.. You are even asking for advice on which to settle! You even have a 2:1....must you collect salary? Them take salary swear for you? This is my advice... Send that certificate to your mum to keep in her box for you then go and learn a trade, hand work or any craftsmanship.. Go and do boyi-boyi for some igbo folks even if the agreement does not involve settlement at least they will support you with goods on credit and they will teach u.
Dedicated two years of your life to what I have said and you will definitely be better off than taking that slave salary job that might leave you frustrated for years.

If you are an undergraduate reading this, please start learning something, acquire a new skill, meet traders and show interest, they will teach you also put that data to proper use by researching the internet, material for any thing on this planet can be found there..
The education you have acquired will be an added advantage.. Better research, presentation, proposals
u made some valid point ....i also started 37000 salary in 2007 move to 52k ,then 150,k then 800k monthly....it a gradual thing many of my friend got bank work @100k then but now the bank collapsed and sack followed

1 Like

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by livinbygrace: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2020
wisestman:

If you ask me, I would take that security job, do the job with passion and before you know it, you can even be employed there because you will be the first to know if there is any vacancy. If sept comes and u have ur admission in hand, you can still take off. My take though

You are talking nonsense,security na security ,once they employ you as security there is no way you can change or reapply as cooperate staff.Its better he goes for the teaching job since he intends to further his education.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Cchuks27(m): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2020
I am honestly sad while reading this.

Personally, I will take the teaching job if I were you, then proceed for the masters. Consequently, if you have a very good result, then you can further your studies for a PhD. With that, you can easily get a job as a teaching assistant.
Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2020
Toby122:

chai my guy try and leave this useless country, see the way Nigeria is holding your destiny....second class upper grad confused abt teacher hobbit 25k or security job of 40k.....buhari and Co are bastards, may dey all enter hell fire and rot. my guy no do bank security o, if bank robber catch you, one bullet in the head you're gone. just maintain your teacher job till you exit for msc

2 Likes

Re: Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job by vickydevoka(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
U are they only honest person here. God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Jobs In Uk ? / The 419 Company Needed A Female Donkey / Screenshots Of My Conversation With A Chinese Recruiter Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.