Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? (41087 Views)

Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Abuja Vs Lagos Which Is A Better Place To Live In / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
bizhop01:

You were born in Nigeria doesn't mean you are Nigerian, ask were you come from and go back to your country.

cheesy cheesy cheesy savage!

U mean the guy may be from Congo!
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
I am single, so Abuja has no social life for singles?
no social life here like Lagos where there are a lot of shows, we have enough cool gardens for relaxation or cinema points. Abuja is better anytime any day, security and safety is assured too, no waking up by 3am so as to beat hold up. you gonna enjoy the city.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

cool we've been staying in Lagos for decades and nothing has happen to our life and our friends and family

its is worst in Abuja
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SmartMen: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
orunmila144:
where are the good trendy parts of ogun state ?
Sango Ota is the closest part of Ogun state to Lagos and it feels like you are in Lagos too. It is just Canal that separates both place
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Isoduwa(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
How much you get wey person nor go hear word safe safe environment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Skyfornia(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

Now my number one criterial is safety, a residence that is crime free.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.
Which is the best for relocation most especially safety from crime.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.

I'd prefer Asaba to these cities you mentioned
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
op, even at night, we still keep watch

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by seangy4konji: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omo na Canada ooo
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by orunmila144: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
SmartMen:
Sango Ota is the closest part of Ogun state to Lagos and it feels like you are in Lagos too. It is just Canal that separates both place
i am not concerned with proximity to lagos state as much as i am concerned with how peaceful and clean and civilized does it look lol. are there nice peaceful civilised looking parts of ogun state you will recommend ?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZeusGod, those telling you Abuja is safer have not provided you with evidence for that
meanwhile, i have shown you while we have not had a terrorist attack in Lagos
also Abuja's proximity to the far north makes its vulnerable to the insurgency and the herdsmen killing in the north central part of Nigeria.
lagos being in the far south has less likelyhood of anyone to get killed for their religious conviction
meanwhile, a pastor has been killed near aso rock before.
how do you explain that?

meanwhile, when shittts happen in Lagos, you are sure we will come to the rescue as Lagos is the only part of Nigeria where the emergency call works.

emergency response capability no where else in the country has this

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Stillthebest: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
kiss
Forget security in anywhere in the world. Just Go to any serene environment in either of the cities by considering electricity, good road network, calibres of friends you would like to meet, type of neighbours you envisaged, and most importantly, how the place you are moving to will enhance what you do for a living.

Good environment: just to avoid busy bodies, and touts!

That's all you need. If you want ABJ, Chose gwarimpa, Sokode, Wuse. Lagos; consider Ojodu Berger, Lekki 1 or 2, or GRA Ikeja.

Nothing like security.

Political imbroglio: Not likely in this country. People are jittery of what a war could cause.

For ethnicity, demaginalization or division of the country later, may be, in the future, you might have to consider Lagos if you are Yoruba. Forget the preaching of ONE NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Dammylois(f): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja should be your best bet

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
more

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Bimpe29: 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja is far ahead of Lagos, in terms of security.
International connectivity is however, not an issue in both cities.
Lagos is known for its lawlessness, hooliganism and higher rate of criminality.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Gim2001ym(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
Bros rush Abuja if you have small change . I'm abuja base. I live in news engineering opposite citec estate. Peace, calmness and serenity is in Abuja. I came for business here in Lagos. Im already fed up. If you want to live long, don't stay in Lagos. With right connect, you can get a big brake in abuja. Lagos is always the struggle continues.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by gentleibraheem(m): 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
believe me if you stay in Abuja for up to two weeks you won't want to leave. even illiterates act intelligent, cool headed people, civilized, quite, peaceful, classy, glamour, freedom, it's just so sweet. walai even the air you breathe in Abuja is far fresher than that of anywhere in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
josheke:
I grew up in Abuja and my family still live there. I currently reside and do business in Lagos.

Fun in Abuja is narrowed down to the following.... Clubs, bar, cinema, one dead lake (jabi lake) and cheap s*x with girls from border states that I would not mention. It only becomes fun if you have friends that like what you like.
Business also is good but you have to invest in businesses that appeals to low or middle class people then maybe one day, someone on the top can see your work and patronize you. Safety is not guaranteed anywhere there because people indulged in crime are not touts but people who are very learned. They plan every move carefully and because there is no traffic at set hours of the day and almost zero roadblocks, they get away almost everytime.

Lagos is hectic but I consider it safe. So many fun places for family and friends to hang out. High tech places, low tech places and local chill spots. You do not need to know anyone here to make a living as you are given a chance to prove yourself making it more like your work speaks for you. All the fun you hope to have in Abuja is here in Lagos and more.

The decision is yours. What kind of person are you?
Abuja is good but boring
Lagos is hectic but active. Even in traffic, you still catch fun and if you will be setting up a business and not working for someone, I think you should do lagos

*My opinion*

you are the first and only one who have spoken the truth here. people who say Abuja is safe are just being deluded. maybe the roads in AMAC which i must confess are very good due to the fact that majority of people don't live there and the place does not have the amount of rainfall Lagos has in a year. also, it has a very good topography. this makes flooding rare and the roads last longer. but as the place continue to attract people, the infrastructure just won't keep up

also, i have come to realize that in the areas where there are not many rich people living in in both Abuja and Lagos there are more streets paved in Lagos than you have in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Bimpe29:
stereotype
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Bbbwings: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
olisaEze:

If ur a northerner and a Muslim then Abuja is safe for u no matter the political situation. If not, do not pass go do not collect £500 go straight to village! Lagos right now na suffering and smiling! If u don’t have a car, gigantic yams go develop for ur legs from trekking. All new viruses/disease hits Nigeria from Lagos. Tanker explosion? Lagos! Gas explosion nko? Na Lagos win am! Unnecessary tax and tariff na dem get am! With all the water surrounding the Island, u go find good water tire! Lagos SARS nko? Na dem kii pass!
But u most definitely will be wow’d by life better here than in Abuja! grin
na to wait to harvest the yams o grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
gentleibraheem:
believe me if you stay in Abuja for up to two weeks you won't want to leave. even illiterates act intelligent, cool headed people, civilized, quite, peaceful, classy, glamour, freedom, it's just so sweet. walai even the air you breathe in Abuja is far fresher than that of anywhere in lagos

audio classy when there is no money in the pocket!
all the houses in Abuja high end areas have no one living in it.
which civilized? the same Abuja where i schooled?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SmartMen: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
orunmila144:
i am not concerned with proximity to lagos state as much as i am concerned with how peaceful and clean and civilized does it look lol. are there nice peaceful civilised looking parts of ogun state you will recommend ?
Abeaokuta looks so bro... that is about 1 hour drive away from Sango.

I am only making reference to lagos for business purpose because whether we admit or not, Lagos has the largest market share for most products in the country.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Liposure: 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abeg where u go see clean olosho fork 4 lagos. My friend won know
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
I will choose Abuja over Lagos anyday, anytime personally I've been wanting to relocate to Abuja too but Finance never allow me. Life is more Safe, Serene and Calm in Abuja than Lagos.

@op choose Abuja If only u would allow me do ur house chores i will be grateful things just too hard 4 me in this useless neighborhood I find my self. no money, no work, double wahala everyday chai..
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by samm(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Was in your shoes not so long ago. It’s amusing reading the comments.

Abuja is the smart choice.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SmartMen: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
MiddleDimension:

you are the first and only one who have spoken the truth here. people who say Abuja is safe are just being deluded. maybe the roads in AMAC which i must confess are very good due to the fact that majority of people don't live there and the place does not have the amount of rainfall Lagos has in a year. also, it has a very good topography. this makes flooding rare and the roads last longer. but as the place continue to attract people, the infrastructure just won't keep up

also, i have come to realize that in the areas where there are not many rich people living in in both Abuja and Lagos there are more streets paved in Lagos than you have in Abuja

Bad roads has nothing to do with frequent usage but more to do with durability and standard. There are roads in Nigeria that has lasted 30 years with just a few pot holes here and there because roads in those days were good. The Lawason-Ijesha road built by Fashola is still as strong as it was before. Why?

most of the roads in Nigeria do not last because contractors make it so.... in order to siphon money into their pockets every 5 years.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Bizibi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abuja is cool,I really love the place but it is not the way it was 5-8 years ago.....the aura the was refreshing.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
samm:
Was in your shoes not so long ago. It’s amusing reading the comments.

Abuja is the smart choice.

which of the comments?
why is it a better choice?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Fortune109: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
Bimpe29:

Give us concrete reasons why Abuja (not Aso rock) is far ahead of Lagos in terms of security
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Fortune109:

Give us concrete reasons why Abuja (not Aso rock) is far ahead of Lagos in terms of security

i have asked them this question times without number but they still have not been able to give me any reason
despite the work that i have done here, people still want to hold on to their stereotypes
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by franzis(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lagos is safe... speaking for the mainland , places like illupeju , Palmgrove estate , GRA ikeja , magodo estate , gbagada phase , Anthony village, there is stable electricity too 18-20 hrs

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Fortune109: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
gentleibraheem:

In Nigeria, no where is as classy, glamorous, free, as Lagos...also no where has as much slums as Lagos. Most civilised and intelligent Nigerians are in Lagos. Check all the records...

Lagos accommodates whatever strata of the ladder you fall.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by gentleibraheem(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
MiddleDimension:

audio classy when there is no money in the pocket!
all the houses in Abuja high end areas have no one living in it.
which civilized? the same Abuja where i schooled?

there is a big difference between Abuja and habuja. I'm quite sure you had a habuja experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) / Ghanaian Woman Dies While Driving At Top Speed To Catch Her Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.