Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? (41192 Views)

Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Abuja Vs Lagos Which Is A Better Place To Live In / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
I am single, so Abuja has no social life for singles?

Bros I will advise you to come to Abuja,
After all the hype about Lagos I finally went to Lagos for the first time in 2016, guy I swear owerri better pass Lagos, Apart from the island and co. The rest of Lagos na nonsense,
From constant traffic to unorganized road networks to bad road to bad power and water supply to mad and angry people you meet every day etc, guy if you know what is good for you Better run come Abuja, unless you have your own natural madness.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:

The only thing Lagos has that Abuja doesn’t is beaches.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
Cleanworld:

its quite boring. most are tied down there because of government jobs

Lol
Who told you Abj is boring, you’re not mixing with the right kind of people, or you no get money.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
R2bees:
lol. No be lie. Where do u stay?
Bwari, which is freaking far... Lol
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
ZuesGOD:
It does. But don't get carried away though, so many piranhas ready to drain you of your last kobo if u give em a chance.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by spiralwedge(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
If money was a problem, where would be better?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by spiralwedge(m): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
xristos:
Have you considered Jos town?
Very nice place...grew up in Lagos till 2010..then Abuja till now.
I prefer to settle my growing family in Jos.

What about income?
What about the killings we hear?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 05, 2020
@op, portharcourt city is very good for you
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by lordess(m): 12:52am On Mar 05, 2020
Port Harcourt is very very cool.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Lawsimon(m): 1:34am On Mar 05, 2020
Safety = Abuja
Business/opportunities = Lagos
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by zomby(m): 3:06am On Mar 05, 2020
ZuesGOD:
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

Now my number one criterial is safety, a residence that is crime free.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.
Which is the best for relocation most especially safety from crime.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.
None..

Nigeria represents a very large unstable zoo that is full of backward thinking individuals.
It is not about where you like, but all about the animals that you are surounded with...

If you care about your sanity and self dignity...You are better off relocating to Ghana.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 05, 2020
both are the same, you need to have accomodation, source of livelihood and your own car, very important.

public transport is a mess in these cities.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Bwari, which is freaking far... Lol
Have not heard of such place oo. The name alone Sounds far to me. Bwwwaaarrriii lol
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by zezinando(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2020
ZuesGOD:
Good evening guys, i just want to know which city between Lagos and Abuja is more advisable for relocation.

Now my number one criterial is safety, a residence that is crime free.

I need a location where i know that no matter the political situation of the country, i am 100% save. The Budget is not a problem at all.

All I'm after is safety between Lagos island, lekki and environs and the main Abuja city.
Which is the best for relocation most especially safety from crime.

A city that will give me the modern city feel, security, infrastructure and access to international connect. Like a powerful neighborhood.
I don't know if it's only me that feels this way.... Abuja experienced Boko haram attacks in 2013 or 2014.. Cant really remember that year, since that time, i have had ds doubting mind about abj... For Boko haram to be able to attack the FCT then i m speechless... I prefer Lagos abeg, zero report of boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by ThePansophist: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2020
MariamAlheri:

Personally, I think Abuja is safer than Lagos since your major concern is safety, especially places like Asokoro, Maitama like someone mentioned.

OP, incase you need good investment avenues, hit me up. I sell lands and houses at affordable rates and good payment plans. 08069506169 whatsApp/Call.

I have a six weeks old phone i want to sell. I bought it new. It comes with receipt.

I am willing to give my powerbank with it if you buy my phone. I am trying to raise funds to fund my projects. Come and buy.

It's a Techno Camon 12

3GB RAM

32GB ROM

It's neat. Covered front and back so no scratch or issues. 100% neat

The carton still dey sef
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Cleanworld(f): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Lol
Who told you Abj is boring, you’re not mixing with the right kind of people, or you no get money.

Don't let me say much online. To God be the glory.. i can boost of 2 proprieties in Abuja and i had lived there for years.

if you have lived in Abuja and Lagos then you should know by now that Lagos has undiluted fun with people from every aspect of life whereas you only associate with some stereotype of people in Abuja AKA ur colleagues.

Anyways, everyone has their own perspectives.

Stay blessed
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Cleanworld(f): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2020
Preferito:

Uncle Abuja is not boring. You don't just know your way. It may be boring during day time because most people go to work. But it is very interesting at nights and at weekends.

please kindly give me some tips on how you are catching your fun there then i will list mine here. grin

if you are talking about early 2000's then you might have a point

stay blessed
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Lanreolas(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2020
abuja is more safer than everywhere in nigeria, every exist road link to abuja is well secure by army, police or other forces barrack,
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by alterego17: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2020
Ellacindy:
Op Abuja is quite, not too busy streets like Lagos, since u are single if u come to Abuja I don't mind showing u around

Oya drop ur whatsapp cos u gonna show mi around soon
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MariamAlheri: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
ThePansophist:

I have a six weeks old phone i want to sell. I bought it new. It comes with receipt.

I am willing to give my powerbank with it if you buy my phone. I am trying to raise funds to fund my projects. Come and buy.

It's a Techno Camon 12

3GB RAM

32GB ROM

It's neat. Covered front and back so no scratch or issues. 100% neat

The carton still dey sef

Powerful!!

How much o? And what's your location?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by ThePansophist: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
MariamAlheri:

Powerful!!

How much o? And what's your location?

Can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SweetCunt97(f): 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
R2bees:
Have not heard of such place oo. The name alone Sounds far to me. Bwwwaaarrriii lol
It's close to kubwa kinda
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by gentleibraheem(m): 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
lordess:
Port Harcourt is very very cool.

every news that is coming from portharcourt is bad. it's either that of cultists, ritualists, or armed robbery

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It's close to kubwa kinda
I have heard of Kubwa. it's common around here.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
R2bees:
I have heard of Kubwa. it's common around here.
yes
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by LOGICALKEN: 12:13am On Mar 06, 2020
I have lived in abj and currently in Lagos.

I will choose abj over Lagos any day any time.

The population is just too much here in Lagos.
Even the air we breathe is contaminated.
The water from the tap smells like that from the gutter.

Lagos is where you will see a grown man urinating in public with his dick in the full glare of everybody.
SARS harassment is more prevalent in Lagos. All the years I spent in abuja, I was never stopped and searched by any SARS operative.
You are safe and secured in abj, I can assure you that you won't experience any harassment from any security personnel.

Traffic is another major issue in Lagos.

Please if your business has nothing to do with Lagos, I will advice you stay and raise your family in abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MariamAlheri: 4:36am On Mar 06, 2020
ThePansophist:

Can we chat on WhatsApp?

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by FancyDaddy: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2020
Let's discuss the factors that affect individuals' freedom and safety.
ABUJA VS LAGOS
Sudden Security breeches.
Members or Operatives of the so caller SARS tend to 'abduct youth randomly'. While this practice is prevalent in Lagos. It is not certain this illegalities will stop anytime soon. Their activities have led to untimely death of promising Nigerian youths. Recent saga unleashed in Sagamu (a 45minutes Driving distance to Lagos), by Operatives of SARS who killer a promising young footballer.
I don't think such occurrence usually happens in Abuja

ADVICE:
Settle in Abuja. Fly into Lagos anytime you have business obligations in Lagos.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
@zuesgod, you are not as economically valuable as Adenuga an cannot be a target as big as he is for criminals. yet he has this edifice in Lagos. if lagos isn't safe, you will never get this edifice in Lagos.

again, the idea that Abuja is safer than Lagos is a myth.

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by MiddleDimension: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
FancyDaddy:
Let's discuss the factors that affect individuals' freedom and safety.
ABUJA VS LAGOS
Sudden Security breeches.
Members or Operatives of the so caller SARS tend to 'abduct youth randomly'. While this practice is prevalent in Lagos. It is not certain this illegalities will stop anytime soon. Their activities have led to untimely death of promising Nigerian youths. Recent saga unleashed in Sagamu (a 45minutes Driving distance to Lagos), by Operatives of SARS who killer a promising young footballer.
I don't think such occurrence usually happens in Abuja

ADVICE:
Settle in Abuja. Fly into Lagos anytime you have business obligations in Lagos.

car jacking in Abuja is rampant. Abuja has seen Boko Haram attack. its proximity to the deeper north makes it vulnerable to extremism. close to Aso Rock, a pastor got killed as a result of her practicing her freedom of expression and religion. the worst thing is that this happened close to the house that houses the one who swore to protect the same constitution that guarantees the lady's freedom. what happened, nothing!

mean while, Lagos has the only DNA and forensic center in sub-saharan Africa outside of South Africa. this means, when a crime is committed in Abuja, Lagos can help her find those who committed the crime.

Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by Gerrard59(m): 7:22am On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:
op, even at night, we still keep watch

I have read your posts in support of Lagos but what do you say about the SARS issue in Lagos? To me, that can be a good reason to stay in Abuja. And please, when mentioning Lagos, include places like Ojo, Ikorodu, Okokomiako, Iyana Ipaja 'cos those are where the vast majority of Lagosians reside.
Re: Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? by theDEVILisHERE: 11:24am On Mar 07, 2020
MiddleDimension:

karu, gwags, abaji, mpape, etc too?

Those are nice places on average

Better than most towns in other states including lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Airplane Facts That Can Cure Any Fear Of Flying / Herdsmen And Their Cows Casually Strolling On The Street In Lekki / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.