Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,161 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. (11236 Views)

Why Bini And Yorubas Are One, The Connection Between Them -Reno Omokri / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika / Photos Of Kayode Fayemi With His Wife At Isan Ekiti Casting Their Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Yes, old Bendel State, so both Edo and Delta pupils then benefited from his free education
of course, I still meet alot of those folks in Delta who keep talking of how it was a blessing to them cum the high standard the education came with then
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by kayusely70(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
There are keen rivalry between them
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Atigba: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Fineman87:

Correction please. Fulanis are not ruling Nigeria. Maybe they are ruling Edo state., not Nigeria. Buhari would come and go.

Fulanis are not ruling Nigeria?

Are you from mars
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Atigba:

Fulanis are not ruling Nigeria?

Are you from mars

Are you from Pluto? What is wrong with you? Aren't you ashamed of yourself to come an tell the world that immagrant minorities are ruling you. You come in public to admit that you are a slave; stupeed yoruboid.

I insist, fulanis are not ruling Nigeria. You can surrender your generations to them, not me and my Eastern people. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Atigba: 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
Fineman87:

Are you from Pluto? What is wrong with you? Aren't you ashamed of yourself to come an tell the world that immagrant minorities are ruling you. You come in public to admit that you are a slave; stupeed yoruboid.

I insist, fulanis are not ruling Nigeria. You can surrender your generations to them, not me and my Eastern people. Nonsense.

Who is your president

Who installed a governor in your Imo State

Who is giving your people sleepless night presently, the Fulanis

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 05, 2020
Atigba:

Who is your president

Who installed a governor in your Imo State

Who is giving your people sleepless night presently, the Fulanis

So the people giving you sleepness nights are the ones ruling you abi. So isis is ruling the arab world and Niger delta militants were ruling Nigeria. Or the same courts did not rule on other cases abi.

When we say most yoruboid are semi-literate, people doubt us. Shame on the subservient and surrender psyche of yoruboids. Spits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2020
chinjo:
The OP is a fool that should be ignored. Calling Esan/Ishan as isan shows he knows little about the peaceful coexistence between the two major tribes in EDO state.

He is a yorubba; they are the ones causing trouble in this country. Esan are Igbo blood, same with Afamai and Ogbona people in Edo. They the real owners of that land not not fake invaders Bini people with yoruba blood. Esan resemble Igbo, same tradition, same food, same culture. Bini resemble Yorubas and behave like yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Greatzeus(m): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
chinoxstock:
If you see an esan girl and a snake, kill the esan girl first before killing the snake - An Edo proverb.

No be me talk am o
I believe this thread was meant to make the respective people to see they both humans and no need for the unnecessary discord. But you have to bring your bigotry and Aba made hatred into it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by DensivaR: 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
God bless Esanland

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Iceberg3: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2020
Benin is the senior bros of Edo state.
The Ishans,Auchi people,Owan and Urhobo people people all came out from Benin with the Urhobo being the ones that went very very far away and had a very mixed tongue.
The Ishans are closest to the Benin with their language very very similar, infact there are very little difference in their language.

So in essence, wherever the Benin came from,the Ishans, Auchi Owan Urhobo people came from there as well originally.

Ivbiedo wa domo; ivbiesan,wa do; Afemai,wa moghodee. Ivbirhobo,wekobiro oo

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Iceberg3: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2020
Kemz77:

He is a yorubba; they are the ones causing trouble in this country. Esan are Igbo blood, same with Afamai and Ogbona people in Edo. They the real owners of that land not not fake invaders Bini people with yoruba blood. Esan resemble Igbo, same tradition, same food, same culture. Bini resemble Yorubas and behave like yorubas.

Not true.
The Benin are senior in Edo.

Whenever there is a ceremony in Edo land and in far away Urhobo land, only a Benin man breaks the kola.
If a Benin man ain't present, nobody breaks the kola and the ceremony will be put on hold.
The oba of Benin is the edionwere of all Edo and Urhobo obas/onigie/Olu etc
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Iceberg3:
Benin is the senior bros of Edo state.
The Ishans,Auchi people,Owan and Urhobo people people all came out from Benin with the Urhobo being the ones that went very very far away and had a very mixed tongue.
The Ishans are closest to the Benin with their language very very similar, infact there are very little difference in their language.

So in essence, wherever the Benin came from,the Ishans, Auchi Owan Urhobo people came from there as well originally.

Ivbiedo wa domo; ivbiesan,wa do; Afemai,wa moghodee. Ivbirhobo,wekobiro oo

grin grin grin
There is nothing wrong if a tribe originated from another, Portuguese etc originated from Spain, they speak quite similar language but there is always mutual respect.

It may surprise you to know that Edo south has just one or two lga different from the other districts
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by senatordave1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:
There is nothing wrong if a tribe originated from another, Portuguese etc originated from Spain, they speak quite similar language but there is always mutual respect.

It may surprise you to know that Edo south has just one or two lga different from the other districts
I think esans are more numerous than binis?
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by icebird25(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Atigba:

Yea the Esan language is an ancient Idu language. Similar to Igbo in Anambra, Ekpon and others in the Niger Delta.

For instance a pussycat in Esan is called Onogbo

I believed the word is similar in Anambra, the bini word differ.

Bini language on the other hand is mix with Ife.

The two tribes dont actually like each other, and most of presently generation dont know why. But we know.

Esangbedo stemmed from a war between the two in 16 century.

You are right I'm from esan and I have friends still bearing that name uptill date Esangbedo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Dartilo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nl is now a home for ethnic superiority...
If u observe dis post and it's comment r made by afonja and Biafra trying to divide and share Edo state...

Edo state indigene r descendant from Igodomigodo even d urhobo, Esan were part and parcel of Benin empire, many Queen mothers were from Esan land, all d enojie of Esan r son of d oba of Benin...

In The rest Edo dialect dey call Benin city pple as Edo, there is no tribe as benin butt as Edo...

So stop all dis nonsense we r Edo and we r one...

1 Like

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Punishment1: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dartilo:
Nl is now a home for ethnic superiority...
If u observe dis post and it's comment r made by afonja and Biafra trying to divide and share Edo state...

Edo state indigene r descendant from Igodomigodo even d urhobo, Esan were part and parcel of Benin empire, many Queen mothers were from Esan land, all d enojie of Esan r son of d oba of Benin...

In The rest Edo dialect dey call Benin city pple as Edo, there is no tribe as benin butt as Edo...

So stop all dis nonsense we r Edo and we r one...

Esan and Benin have some similarities, but we are not one. Stop being delusional.
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by pazienza(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
Well, Esan people have affinity for Ndiigbo. They inter marry alot With Igbos in SE and in Anioma.
I have many Esan friends who are married to Igbo women. It can be hard to separate an Esan from an Igbo, by physical looks, we look so much alike. Our relationship with Esan must have been a very old and long one.
Uromi is a beautiful town, I enjoyed my stay there.
The average Esan man is stubborn and hate being subjected under authority, the resentment spirit, they are also too business minded, it's really interesting how they have alot of these traits associated with Ndiigbo, yet they are clearly not Igbos. I believe there must be a genetic connection.

Bini look like Edo people that mixed with Yorubas, this mixture become more apparent when you get to Usen, where they speak a distinct language that is a blend of Yoruba and Edo.
The way I see it, it appears like Bini and Esan were ancient brothers of the same parents. While the Ife(Yoruba ) arrivals made Bini distinct from Esan, contact with Igbos (Anioma) made Esan distinct from Bini, yet both are more related to each other than to Ndiigbo or Yorubas.

Just as Bini have Usen, a Bini town speaking an language that is a mixture of Yoruba and Bini, the Esan have Ekpon, an Esan town speaking a Language that is a mixture of Igbo(Ika) and Edo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
pazienza:
Well, Esan people have affinity for Ndiigbo. They inter marry alot With Igbos in SE and in Anioma.
I have many Esan friends who are married to Igbo women. It can be hard to separate an Esan from an Igbo, by physical looks, we look so much alike. Our relationship with Esan must have been a very old and long one.
The average Esan man is stubborn and hate being subjected under authority, the resentment spirit, they are also too business minded, it's really interesting how they have alot of these traits associated with Ndiigbo, yet they are clearly not Igbos. I believe there must be a genetic connection.

Bini look like Edo people that mixed with Yorubas, this mixture become more apparent when you get to Usen, where they speak a distinct language that is a blend of Yoruba and Edo.
The way I see it, it appears like Bini and Esan were ancient brothers of the same parents. While the Ife(Yoruba ) arrivals made Bini distinct from Esan, contact with Igbos (Anioma) made Esan distinct from Bini, yet both are more related to each other than to Ndiigbo or Yorubas.

Just as Bini have Usen, a Bini town speaking an language that is a mixture of Yoruba and Bini, the Esan have Ekpon, an Esan town speaking a Language that is a mixture of Igbo(Ika) and Edo.

It is time to end such marriages with Esans.

They should start marrying Bini women now.
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Dartilo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
Punishment1:

Esan and Benin have some similarities, but we are not one. Stop being delusional.

Wic part of Esan r u from,and pls kindly tell us d origin of Esan and their kings...
Let us start wit that
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Punishment1: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dartilo:

Wic part of Esan r u from,and pls kindly tell us d origin of Esan and their kings...
Let us start wit that

My dad is from Illeh-Ekpoma and my mom is from Abia-Iruekpen.
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by romenna: 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
Proudly Esan.
Esan o ye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by E2easy: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
pazienza:

You people are really funny! You claim to be Esan and you don’t even know your origin. Even Nnamdi Azikwe said “the reason why the Onitcha people are so proud and claim superiority to other Igbo tribes , it is because Onitcha were descendant of the Royal palace of Benin”

Anioma, Onitcha , Aniocha... Iduje-ogboko, all these Igbos speaking region claim ancestry to Benin. I don’t understand why Esan are now claiming to be Igbos , people who are claiming ancestry to Benin. Can’t you see you’re all foolish and don’t know your history?

Benin is the name for the state, Edo is the capital. But for political reasons , it was changed as Edo the state and Benin the capital. The Benin Empire has done so much for everyone in Edo to be proud of, so you people should stop your nonsense and senseless argument. It is better you change your mindset about each other’s , the earlier the better! Fools!
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by AsianTotal: 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
Atigba:

There will never be peace between the 2 because they are different.

They faught wars for centuries

The binis ancestral home is Ife

Esan are Idu children

Spot On.
Proudly Esan
Children Of Idu
Progenitors Of Igodomigodo
Children Of The Gods'!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by NobleAngell(f): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mikehot:
Ambrose Alli is the reason why alot of Edo citizens and even Deltans are educated.

He gave free education to all irrespective of tribe.

I am waiting for anybody to dispute this

He died with not a single mansion to his name, he was the most educated man to rule Edo till date as he was a medicine professor.

The only one who rivalled this feat was Oseriemen Osunbor a fellow esan and proffesor of law

The few times esan ruled they were the best at it not deceit.

Wetin Dem say make Esan do again?
wow! You know quite alot. I'm speechless.
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Bkayyy: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
E2easy:

You people are really funny! You claim to be Esan and you don’t even know your origin. Even Nnamdi Azikwe said “the reason why the Onitcha people are so proud and claim superiority to other Igbo tribes , it is because Onitcha were descendant of the Royal palace of Benin”

Anioma, Onitcha , Aniocha... Iduje-ogboko, all these Igbos speaking region claim ancestry to Benin. I don’t understand why Esan are now claiming to be Igbos , people who are claiming ancestry to Benin. Can’t you see you’re all foolish and don’t know your history?

Benin is the name for the state, Edo is the capital. But for political reasons , it was changed as Edo the state and Benin the capital. The Benin Empire has done so much for everyone in Edo to be proud of, so you people should stop your nonsense and senseless argument. It is better you change your mindset about each other’s , the earlier the better! Fools!
Please Mr Man, don't bring Ndigbo to this fruitless battle of stupidity by Esan and Bini.
Just know this, when it comes to the superiority race of Igbo clans, Onicha knows her place. The superiority race is among Ụmụ Nri that claim to be Igbo progenitor, Arọ Chukwu that calls themselves Arọ oké Igbo (the greatest and dominant of all Igbos), Nnewi that claim to be the Igbo king by birth ( the first Obi), Awka that claim to have sprout out of earth (ifiteana), Ogui Nike and the Attah of Igala that claims Onoja place in Igboland. Notable competitor for the throne includes Isu clan (notably isunjaba) before others.
It is important to note that Ụmụ Ezechima Clan that claim to be the rightful heir to the throne of Idu, for obvious reasons doesn't claim superiority over the Igbos as her first son was crowned Obi of Onitsha Ado n'Idu by the Eze Nri in the presence of the Obi of Otolo who will later be addressed as the Igwe of Nnewi

2 Likes

Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by valirex: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
chinoxstock:
If you see an esan girl and a snake, kill the esan girl first before killing the snake - An Edo proverb.

No be me talk am o

I believe only cobwebs in your head, what sort of nonsense is that. You're in your landlocked Bia-fraud and talking of proverbs you've never heard. undecided
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by valirex: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
Lipscomb:
I just believe the saying that Edo people and isan people are enemy of each other.
I wonder why the two parties not work toward peace and unity of their state.
I have edo guy who want to marry an isan girl,and the both parents are against the marriage. They accuse each other of bad luck and unfortunate being.
This is damn serious.

OP you must be mad, you ibos will never have sense. And so also your Bia-fraud is a failed project. Looking for trouble where there is none. You don't see how you ibos kill yourselves over 100 naira change undecided
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by valirex: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
hammerU:

Please use the word Bini for clarity.

Edo has other clans like Esan. i.e Afemai

Bini and Esan dont get along becos Bini is trying to convert everybody to slave.

Even going to other clan land to wage war.

Esan want to have their peace, without anybody lording it over them or enslaving them.

Don't say what you don't know.
Think of how you can remove the Fulanis taking over your Enugu lands undecided
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by valirex: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Atigba:

There will never be peace between the 2 because they are different.

They faught wars for centuries

The binis ancestral home is Ife

Esan are Idu children

Idiot how far your oga Kanu? undecided
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by persius555(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
I'm disappointed in this thread.
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Atigba: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
valirex:

Idiot how far your oga Kanu? undecided

You be ille Ibinu
Re: Why Bini And Isan Can't Just Settle Their Differences. by Atigba: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
persius555:
I'm disappointed in this thread.

Why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Cracks In Presidential Candidates’ Alliance Over Buhari’s Adoption / Polio Vaccination Staff Killed In Kano / Confusion: DSS Charges Nnamdi Kanu For Treasonable Felony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.